The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Well i don't think there is.
Its just that when you buy a loose DT Luke many people sell 3 line coo lukes saying its the original DT figure.

I've only seen the coo's of about 3 Dt baggies, all like yours have been 2 line coo's.
I wonder if carded Dt's have 3 lines? anyone want to open one :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:46 pm

Hey Coach,

Not sure if my pic helps... but in the top right is my Dt luke.

CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 Luke210

In all fairness, I think the DT Luke looks better without the baggie if AFA casing is your thing.

I had it sent away to AFA in Celebration Europe because there was always that 1% uncertainty in my head that my Luke may not be legit. I paid $50 at the time for the special CIB grading option plus insured postage to and from AFA (I escaped customs). If you factored the casing costs into your budget (not to mention the turnover time) then after what your said already then your best bet mate is to weight for the next AFA85 to come around and buy that.

I personally would want a loose (ungraded) DT Luke still in a baggie(and keep him there) just so that it would go nicely in my Kenner Promotions focus - hence the research into prices I been doing.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Geeze!!!! I've never seen so many people besides my wife talking me out of spending money!!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

It's still not set in stone that I will get this baggied one for the price I want.

And if I do get it I have no problem holding off for a while getting it graded b/c it's more than likely Shawn will then buy it off me and at the same time, help me find a minty loose DT Luke (graded or not) for me to have instead.

In the long run it may not make sense.... but it's a win win situation for Shawn and I.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Looks like I am not going to get it!!!

Sorry Shawn....

The highest I was probably going to go was about $550. He has several offers in the $700s.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Tut tut , the old wait for a nice offer trick Wink

Don't worry guys, Shawn and you can both pick up your DT's , they are out there bagged and loose in great condition !
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:16 pm

coachk28 wrote:
Looks like I am not going to get it!!!

Sorry Shawn....

The highest I was probably going to go was about $550. He has several offers in the $700s.

No problem. I thought that could happen. There will be more. I'll still keep an eye out for a nice loose one for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Thanks for all the heads up on the cheaper loose DT Lukes popping up!!!!

Once the baggie one fell through... I just decided to concentrate on using the left over money from my sales to get some more of my loose figs AFA graded.

I will pick a loose minty DT Luke sometime in the near future!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Dilemma? Do or Do Not, there is no Dilemma Wink
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:17 pm

I'll stop bugging you with PMs then. lol

It is funny how just a couple days later a bunch of loose ones started showing up.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:18 pm

Lol yeh i seen one on RS earlier
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:19 pm

shawn_k wrote:
I'll stop bugging you with PMs then. lol

It is funny how just a couple days later a bunch of loose ones started showing up.

Yeah I know... what a pain in the butt!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used the money I would have spent on that expensive baggie DT Luke to pick up some upgrades and send some figs out to AFA. My loose AFA run is just about complete!!!

In a couple of weeks after I get all my NES stuff sold... I'll be in the market for a DT Luke!!! I'll keep you guys posted!!!

I really appreciate all the help and advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:21 pm

And keep the PMs coming... regardless of the topic!!!

They are never a bother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Cant wait to see your complete AFA collection James, ill get that vid done for ya Wink
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:21 pm

I bought a Dt Luke white lettering baggie for $240 a few years ago. I would just keep looking because one will always fall through the cracks cheaper if you keep looking.
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Welcome to the forum Bill! Very Happy

Bill's a great guy to deal with,bought a figure from him & it took 4 days to be delivered from the US!

Mark.

Last edited by DarthStanley on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Thanks Mark!!! I have been reading this forum for a while and like it alot, lots of new interesting topics on here. Finally got around to signing up.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:35 pm

BILLIAM666 wrote:
I bought a Dt Luke white lettering baggie for $240 a few years ago. I would just keep looking because one will always fall through the cracks cheaper if you keep looking.

Welcome Bill! I would have to agree. You really can get some great deals with some persistance, patience, and a little luck.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:11 am

shawn_k wrote:
BILLIAM666 wrote:

Welcome Bill! I would have to agree. You really can get some great deals with some persistance, patience, and a little luck.

Let me tell you, this is so true. My goals are always to buy under market. It makes more of a difference to me to get a good deal than anything when using Ebay. Anyone can scoop up the figure they want for big $$$s. If you keep your eyes open there are awesome deals out there. I've become a little notorius for being the bargain hunter but it pays off.

Since the TIG'ers are a friendly group I'll open the komono a little to show a fews deals I've nabbed.

Through Ebay I've gotten:

Harbert Vader MOC - $202
PBP Snaggletooth MOC - $145
Droids Kea Moll MOC - $15
Droids Jord Durst MOC - $25
OJ (Orange Hair) Luke Farmboy - $20 ($310 which included $290 worth of other items that I sold so $20 net cost)
DT Luke in sealed Baggie - $250
Molded Legs Han Hoth - $10
ROTJ Gam Guard MOC - $11

Without exaggeration on real value, the above list is worth $2000 if not more. My total spend was $678.

The deals are out there!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:26 am

jawdrop Damn, you lucky snot. Some awesome deals there.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:52 am

Welcome Bill!!!!

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:36 am

That has been exactly my collecting philosophy from the start. IMO half of the fun is the satisfaction of getting a great deal. Sometimes finding items listed incorrectly or looking for sellers that do not know what they have. Unless you are talking about an item that is so rare that there are only a couple in existence another one will always come along at a far better price . . . and you will enjoy it more.

Thanks for the welcome guys, also what is the deal with the Kudos on this forum? how do you give someone a Kudos?

Last edited by BILLIAM666 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:53 am

Welcome to the TIG Forum buddy!

I got to agree with every you and the other lads are saying bargains are there to be had!

You just need to be patience and research everything you can about what your looking for.

Some great deals there John thwe biggest thrill for me is landing items below the market value Smile
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:00 pm

DT Luke didn't sell again!!!

He's down to $600.00 ......

Shawn, you still interested??? I've invested that money into my loose fig AFA grading and upgrades already!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:08 pm

hey coach,

just curious, are the figures you're sending to afa in mint condition? do you have all 85-90 type figures or do you have an 80 and up philosophy? how much does it cost for each figure to be graded? I'm trying not to judge, just getting an idea of why someone would want to spend $ on grading and not on something tangible.

I would way rather buy an AFA85 figure and break it open to display than take a mint figure, pay money to grade it and have a case to display. Don't want to start an afa debate, just curious what you enjoy about the AFA'ing

Last edited by LordGanja on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:12 pm

BILLIAM666 wrote:
That has been exactly my collecting philosophy from the start. IMO half of the fun is the satisfaction of getting a great deal. Sometimes finding items listed incorrectly or looking for sellers that do not know what they have. Unless you are talking about an item that is so rare that there are only a couple in existence another one will always come along at a far better price . . . and you will enjoy it more.

Thanks for the welcome guys, also what is the deal with the Kudos on this forum? how do you give someone a Kudos?

I love a good deal just like the next guy, but I would gladly spend 120% of what an item's worth to get a mint example with no problems, than spending any % multiple times only to have to upgrade and sell the leftovers.

And I also wondered how the hell this kudos thing works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???   CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CoachK28 Dilemma... What do you guys think???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next