The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants Empty
PostSubject: Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants   Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:29 am

Hey guys,

worked on that now for weeks  lol! (funny because it would normally last a few hours) ...simply because I am very short in spare time these days Very Happy

I wrote a short and very small article about the mixed-up assembling in Spanish factories in addition to my POCH guide:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch/mixed-up-assembling/

Just to show and maybe even proof the use of Asian overstock parts.....and to provoke....as always....solutions can be only found in discussions between collectors Wink

I hope you enjoy.

Wolff

Last edited by wbobafett on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants   Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:46 am

...don't read it...wait a few minutes...wahhhh...BLOOPER-ALARM!!!  Razz

edit:okay----done for today  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants   Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Great article Wolff!  :clap: 
Providing some sound proof that POCH figures can be hybrids, made up from (imported) parts belonging to different COO families.

Let's start the search for the pure POCH figures.....when they exist....maybe a lot of the pure POCH figures are in fact hybrids upon close examination....

Like the applegreen Spanish Yoda in the middle for instance, having a front and back torso from different mould families.

Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants Dia1-4

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4427p285-the-poch-pbp-guide-discussion-thread#85833

Dr Dengar wrote:

Interestingly, this figure has belt strings which are divergent instead of close together. Not what you would expect for a steelmould with COO#3. I discussed this with Wolff and we both agreed this figure must have a mixed welded torso, with a back and front originating from different moulds.

This mixing up of parts from different moulds resulting in hybrid figures is not uncommon for POCH figures.

On a side note: What are your thoughts about POCH (PBP) having produced parts by doing plastic injection using their own steel moulds?

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants   Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

What are your thoughts about POCH (PBP) having produced parts by doing plastic injection using their own steel moulds?

Difficult one... Razz Razz 

Let us see what future investigation will bring to light!

For now: It is possible that PBP and POCH figures were prodcued (plastic injection) in Spanish factories...lots of results from JC and also from logical point of view on some of those....

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants   Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:49 pm

wbobafett wrote:

Difficult one... Razz Razz 

Let us see what future investigation will bring to light!

For now: It is possible that PBP and POCH figures were prodcued (plastic injection) in Spanish factories...lots of results from JC and also from logical point of view on some of those....

Yeah, I know it is difficult, that's why I asked. Very Happy 

Different schools here, which is a good thing to stimulate discussions.

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants   Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 1:48 am

I even have a Yoda with half Poch half Kenner (?) limbs Razz Razz . The Yoda is often mixed up...the question is: is it mixing-up:
- Poch produced parts
- Asian overstock
- Pinted Asian overstock

?????

I btw just saw a POCH RS with mixed up legs Shocked ...I cross my fingers one of us gets it and will provide pictures here!! cheers

It will be difficult to proof which one of the mixed up parts are actually Kenner parts. On Rebel Soldier this was more easy....on Yoda...it is getting harder.

The point is: If we can say for sure that imported and already painted overstock was used, we will have to really dig deeper on the known POCH variants....I haven't counted anymore..but it is over 60 figures now affraid
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants   Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 6:53 am

Pffffffffffff  unsure my ex girlfriend was eazier Then this
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants   Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 7:23 am

An interesting read mind f*ck  doh
Back to top Go down
sw.1979
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sw.1979

PostSubject: Re: Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants   Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 10:51 am

here`s a couple of pic`s of transition yoda hope they can help in some way,.
Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants 00522Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants 00623
Back to top Go down
sw.1979
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sw.1979

PostSubject: Re: Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants   Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 8:57 am

Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants 00429Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants 00821Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants 00919
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants   Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mixed-Up Assembling? The Dilemma of POCH variants

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1