The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys Empty
PostSubject: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi Guys

I have a few things to deal with over the last 2 weeks and may not be able to get on line much in the next couple of days so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's bear with me.

Its been a pretty shitty last few weeks for Louise (my Girlfriend) family. The girl that was tragically killed on her 16 birthday in the bus crash at the lakes was the daughter of Lousie’s (my mrs) Mums Cousin i won’t go into it but you can read what happened here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1281323/Parents-Keswick-bus-crash-girl-Chloe-Walker-lost-son-3-years-ago.html

Then if that wasn’t bad enough only a week later the spree killing in the small community of Whitehaven that claimed 12 lives is where lousies mother and family is from.

Thankfully none of her family members were hurt or killed but its a small community and they know some of people who were.

TBH I didn’t want to really post about this as im not really effected directly but of course my partners mother is and its meant time has been pretty tight for me this last week and I am mindful that i still need to post 3 dvd’s and ive a good few PM’s that I need to get back to folk on. We are visiting her family tomorrow in Whitehaven and then coming back Friday (ready for the world cup) so ill be able to pick things up again this weekend.

Cheers Jay

Last edited by jaymassive619 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:21 pm

Sorry to hear about Louise's lose, Jay. Tell her and the family that my thoughts and prayers go out to them in this dark time. I heard about the cabbie going on the killing spree on the news here. Did they ever figure out why the guy did it? Just take your time with the family and come back when you can. We'll keep the ship afloat for you.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:05 am

OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys Bear-cub
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:38 am

Thanks Chris to be honest its Louise’s mum that has been effected by the recent events so we have been supporting her but with all the pressure of work on top I haven’t been home long enough to get items packed up and sent yet so I wanted to explain the delay. I guess that’s because I like to post within 3 days normally and these events mean it’s going to be 9 days since payment before I can ship then out (which will next Monday). I also have a large amount of PM’s I need to work through and its going to be Sunday before I can reply to them all properly.

Regarding the Killing Spree it looks like a mixture of debt, family feuds over money / wills etc and the guy snapped and went on a rampage. Totally shit imo if you want to take your own life then fine but to destroy so many innocent people’s lives is disgusting and nobody has any right to do that no matter what problems you have.

Clearly though the killer had mentally snapped. You can read more here – http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2010/06/05/lakes-killer-derrick-bird-murdered-his-brother-in-row-over-25k-gift-from-dad-86908-22311358/

Cheers Jay

Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:40 am

Sincere condolences to your girlfriend & her family at this difficult time Jay.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:00 am

Heard this news recently, very shocking, also have a friend in the area that can't believe it happened, as you said everyone knows each other and they still can't get their heads around it.

All the best during a difficult time Jay. No rush to get back, we will keep things ticking over.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:07 am

So sorry to hear this news Jay! Give your family the best from us. And we'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Like Joe said, don't rush back. Take your time. We'll keep on top of things here.
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:29 am

Jay my prayer's and thought's are with you Brother.

Dan.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:30 am

All the best Jay.

We'll try to not trash the place too much while you are gone. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Regards to the family Jay, been tough times just lately in that neck of the woods. The shootings really were a horror story.
Stay cool mate Cool

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:15 pm

All the best to you and your family Jay!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:00 am

Jay - All the best to the Mother-in-Law. Such a tragedy.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:31 am

Thanks for all the support guys although as i said im not effected Louise's Mother was and its good she had time to spend with her family yesterday Smile

I can begin to imagine what the victims families are going through but i hope the find some peace in the future.

Im back at the office today and once i finish work this afternoon im off work for 4 days Smile Ill be able to catch up with items then need sending (They will be posted Monday) and with all my PM's that i have Smile

Thanks again

Jay

Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Very sad to hear that JAY.....

Like everybody else in here, same thought s for you .... All the best to you and your family Jay!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys   OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT - Due to the recent tragedies in the Lake District i have a few things to deal with over the next few days guys so if i owe items or need to reply to PM's please bear with me guys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1