The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:43 pm

Just going through some pictures, it appears both dark and light appeared on PALITOY cards with or without the German double stem bubble.

I will do some more research and see how the distribution of Palitoy + German figures was done.

I still think the term Meccano Fett is a bit loose to use at this stage but I can see your thinking, Euro Fett might be better lol
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:59 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Just going through some pictures, it appears both dark and light appeared on PALITOY cards with or without the German double stem bubble.

I will do some more research and see how the distribution of Palitoy + German figures was done.

I still think the term Meccano Fett is a bit loose to use at this stage but I can see your thinking, Euro Fett might be better lol

There are a lot of proofs from trilogo no coo fetts (meccano) dark grey. Rumors always said there is a ledy Fett on tricard...but thats nonsense..it was the meccano fett!! Coo is clearly different.

see here:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1087015643043223031GDlHzD
another glorious lili ledy fett on tri card.....it doesnt even has the color for a ledy one.....

Believe it or not. This figure only appeared in France...100% (it was dicovered from a french guy...and all other ones came from france...no matter was stephane says)

Wolff

Last edited by wbobafett on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:01 pm

When I saw the picture of that figure my eyes lit up, then I saw the album owner and my heart sank..
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Joe_O wrote:
When I saw the picture of that figure my eyes lit up, then I saw the album owner and my heart sank..

why...i dont know him...but he doesnt know much about ledys Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:04 pm

You don't know who billy boy is?

One of the most recent (and biggest) scammers in the hobby, he owes many thousands to collectors over fake unpainted palitoy prototypes that he sold , they turned out to be paint stripped figures.

Unfortunately once a trusted member of the community turned bad, now anything linked to him (especially rare items) have lost their credibility Sad
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Joe_O wrote:

That's was my thought too when I saw the picture.

wbobafett wrote:

why...i dont know him...but he doesnt know much about ledys Smile

Here's some reading material
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Joe_O wrote:
You don't know who billy boy is?

One of the most recent (and biggest) scammers in the hobby, he owes many thousands to collectors over fake unpainted palitoy prototypes that he sold , they turned out to be paint stripped figures.

Unfortunately once a trusted member of the community turned bad, now anything linked to him (especially rare items) have lost their credibility Sad

ok...give me some time...I fin another example!!

(but I think, when he declares it as a ledy.....it must be legit Smile...know what I mean?? )

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:12 pm

I think if Billy boy was trying to pass off a figure as a Ledy on a trilogo Fett he would get more money than calling it a Meccano fett, if you get me?

Something seems fishy to me.

I know you don't count Stephane's views as 100% but you have to realise the guy wrote the book on Meccano figures, he is French AND he has a full + more (variants) set of trilogo figures and he has no idea of this figure.

He has stated that ESB Meccano carded figures were all HK figures, and we know that the majority of the later released (ROTJ - trilogo) Fetts were light grey "tri" fetts. That doesn't mean they all were as I previously said, some of the Palitoy ROTJ cards had dark grey Fetts on them.

I hope to come to the origin of the figure, I just can't accept anything billyboy has as proof.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:13 pm

I am going to contact a few people I know that have dark grey Fetts on Palitoy cards to see if its possible to view the COO
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:15 pm

I´ve seen more proofs., but cannot find it in my archive. Im not a Moc one....so its possible I didnt save them. I ask a fellow collector who surly has tons of pics......

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Also - Just to Wolff, this is in no way an attempt to piss you off considering you just sold this variation as Meccano! I really think it is a legitimate variation but I want to know its origin 100% without any doubt Very Happy

I think its very interesting and considering France got a HUGE distribution of Boba Fett figures it doesn't make sense for these to be known in a number less than 10!

Thanks for posting though and I hope to see some more evidence from you Smile
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Joe_O wrote:
I am going to contact a few people I know that have dark grey Fetts on Palitoy cards to see if its possible to view the COO

forlorn hope.....only to find in France:

Wbobafett: 2 x
Mike_Skywalker: 3x
Uli: minimum 1 x
Kenneth_B: 2 x
and the one posted from a french guy on RS!

That makes 9 examples from France...I dont know more examples....

Wolff
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Even though, I'm not a variation hunter, this is all very fascinating stuff!

Great work guys. Keep it up!

popcorn
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 pm

ok informant says:

only the early french trilogo card appeared with darkgrey fett....but he has no further prove that this is a no coo dude and not a HK.

...damn...I thought I have seen another....but where???
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Also - Just to Wolff, this is in no way an attempt to piss you off considering you just sold this variation as Meccano! I really think it is a legitimate variation but I want to know its origin 100% without any doubt Very Happy

I know...also it stays the Meccano Fett anyway, because variant hunters like me, Uli, Mike, Kenneth, Lee and many other call this figure so since years (maybe only two years...but years Smile )

Wolff
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:02 pm

I found 6 „smoothed erased COO“ Bobas in France...not only 3. Does that Term sound better?
Who gives variants the name? Sometimes it developes itself over a period from collectors...we used to say over the last years to say to all figures which can only be found in France „Meccano“ Variant. Of course it not 100% correct, but if a variant name is given of it´s card origin, why do collector say Han Hoth PBP pink face for example? Only pale faces have been released on PBP cards and no pink face.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:03 pm

Joe_O wrote:

I think its very interesting and considering France got a HUGE distribution of Boba Fett figures it doesn't make sense for these to be known in a number less than 10!

IMO like the Macao Biker...it matches perfectly.

The Maco Biker is longer known...so maybe more examples where found. Any try to find this MOC was useles. Till someone meant it could appear with a toothpaste (I think it was colgate).

Also France, also very small amount.

Wolff
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:10 pm

mike-skywalker wrote:
I found 6 „smoothed erased COO“ Bobas in France...not only 3. Does that Term sound better?
Who gives variants the name? Sometimes it developes itself over a period from collectors...we used to say over the last years to say to all figures which can only be found in France „Meccano“ Variant. Of course it not 100% correct, but if a variant name is given of it´s card origin, why do collector say Han Hoth PBP pink face for example? Only pale faces have been released on PBP cards and no pink face.

Hey Mike......the informant chimens in Smile WOW 6 by now...I was only sure for 3...sry!

Also: Every freaking hardtorso stormtrooper is called PBP variant, wherelse the real PBP variant has Ledy coo and is completely different!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Out of all the ones i have there is only one that has some similar features, and i say some ...

The date stamp is the same type and style ©️ C.P.G.1979) (This from a Hong Kong figure)
The same detail on the right thigh pocket (or close to)
The same "hollow" handled dagger on his left shin (or whatever it is).

Other than that the rest of the details are very different, the paint is glossier on the "Meccano", the rocket pack although looking a dark blue - under torchlight it is actually a purple colour compared to the dark blue most of my others have, the rocket itself is thinner, the figures colour is also a few shades darker on the "Meccano".

Ill try and get some photos done but my daughters digi cam isnt charging for some reason Sad

Last edited by The Admiral on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:17 pm

The Admiral wrote:
Out of all the ones i have there is only one that has some similar features, and i say some ...

The date stamp is the same type and style ©️ C.P.G.1979) (This from a Hong Kong figure)
The same detail on the right thigh pocket (or close to)
The same "hollow" handled dagger on his left shin dagger (or whatever it is).

Other than that the rest of the details are very different, the paint is glossier on the "Meccano", the rocket pack although looking a dark blue - under torchlight it is actually a purple colour compared to the dark blue most of my others have, the rocket itself is thinner, the figures colour is also a few shades darker on the "Meccano".

Ill try and get some photos done but my daughters digi cam isnt charging for some reason Sad

how abot this one:
Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 BobaFett_HK
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Which of yours would you say closest resembles him Wolff?
(Hard to determine with the photos)

Hello Mike Skywalker by the way, congrats on your first post too Smile (I think i have sold you things before on Ebay)
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome. That could be, that I bught some items from you.
The Date stamp of the „Meccano Fett“ is not based on the regular Hong Kong Fett. It is based on the Hong Kong Fett with large Copright and and larger „Hong Kong“
That´s #3 on Wollfs picture.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:27 pm

the last three have the same coo...of course the HK was deleted on the last one. Smile But the mold on these is the same!!

from color its mostly complete different...so difficult to say Smile
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:28 pm

mike was faster!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Joe_O wrote:
The Admiral wrote:
It probably was from a card Joe, would be nice to find a carded one to check his leg eh Smile

It sure would! I might drop Stephane a line in fact

Did you drop Stephane a line? He should have an early Trilogo carded Fett.
In his limelightning thread is a picture of one.
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=vintagedisplay&Number=3281848&Forum=f102&Words=trilogo&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3281848&Search=true&where=sub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=6&newertype=y&olderval=1&oldertype=d&bodyprev=#Post3281848
Maybe he can have a closer look at the backside of the figures legs?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next