The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Sending you a pm Javi!

Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Wow i completely missed this thread first time round.

I can remember years back when Billyboy mentioned his LL fett on tri card. Back then i think thats what most collectors thought they were. I don't think it was a scam of any kind, just miss information.

The fact they were no coo & dark grey (not like the tri's) led everyone to believe they were ledy. Back then no one ever really mentioned meccano variants other than walrusman and red snag.

So is this the place i should post my Tri Fett in Palitoy baggie?
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:53 pm

i have some Fetts too lol!
Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 Boba_f10
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:25 pm

javiswspain wrote:
i have some Fetts too lol!
Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 Boba_f10

WOW that Fett MOC run is out of this world Javi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bow bow bow

Del - Your Tri Fett Palitoy belongs on this thread buddy get it up! Smile
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:41 pm

Ok here it is mate.

He's an odd one. A few years back i saw a pic of one of these sealed in a woolies 8 pk, but it belonged to Billyboy so god knows if it was legit or not.

Anyway, ive had this a little while now. The only thing that was pointed out to me is that the weapon looked to be the wrong shade of blue?
Who knows, all i know is the tape seal looks good, the figure is pretty mint for a tri and the baggie style is correct.
The original owner was not a collector, and this was purchased for very little cash.
The weapon is a slight worry if it is the wrong colour, but then palitoy baggies are often found with wrong or even no weapons.

I spoke to Christian about him (before i bought it), and we agreed this figure is completely possible, and more than likely another woolies 8 pk find.

The only other thing is it could be some sort of sample, but then i can't see how the the guy i got it from would of obtained it.
He's a strange one alright.

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 Tri_fe10

Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:30 am

Thanks Jay,i still have a few more to show.

Javi Shocked Wow what a moc collection! I wish i had one.

Del Nice baggie mate and Hope to get one too sometime.
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:24 am

DLT9 wrote:
Thanks Jay,i still have a few more to show.

Javi Shocked Wow what a moc collection! I wish i had one.

Del Nice baggie mate and Hope to get one too sometime.

Well if you do please let me know.

Other than one i saw in Billyboys webshots (not even 100% sure it was a palitoy baggie) this is the only known example.
I would love others to turn up. I may even sell this one at some point to help fund a boba moc purchase.
I have discussed it with a few other baggie collectors and they said £250 would be more than a realistic asking price.
So im very tempted to sell lol.
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:24 am

well i was thinking of spending a lot less for a baggie fett...

anyway here are the new additions.

AFA U75 fett thanks to javi
this fett has the famous pink/brown spots,the origin of this fett i leave up to you.

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 010lo.th

next 2 hk fetts.
the left one has more brown orange plates and a brighter red visor.
the right one has a paint error on the dart wrist,its not fully painted.

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 013aw.th
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:40 am

How can you have a U graded figure and not know the figures origin lol (U means it came from a card or a baggie so the person who sent it in for grading should know what it was on before it was encased)

Spots and funny coloured limbs are just discoloration and degradation- they can be linked to heat and UV exposure which is why a lot of Australian figures have odd discoloration, its a hot country (edit-) BUTTTTTTTTTT any exposure to the sun in any country will do the same Wink
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:29 am

yeah thats what i ment with the origin.
there was also a claim some time ago on RS that this could have been a toptoys or toltoys....
but wolff told me otherwise.

PS i didnt send it to get graded and neither did javi
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:40 am

Bjorn, oh yeah you can definately pick up boba fett baggies for less.
But it will be a regular fett...not tri logo.

The meccano baggie is the only other way to get a bagged tri fett, and i'd hate to think how much one of those would cost. In fact i have never seen one for sale.

To get a bagged tri fett you are talking top end baggie money.

Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Del,

A regular baggy fett would be great!
A loose fair shape meccano one too.
I dont want to spend top $$$$ im more for THE search.

If im looking for à baggie fett ill be sure to contact you Del Wink
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:17 pm

DLT9 wrote:
yeah thats what i ment with the origin.
there was also a claim some time ago on RS that this could have been a toptoys or toltoys....
but wolff told me otherwise.

PS i didnt send it to get graded and neither ,did javi
In ten years of hard collecting i have had many of this Fetts with spots on plastic, bought from different places, US, UK etc
THat Fett was bought graded here in Spain, but i have seen many of that fetts on Kenner baggies(ESB baggies i think, dont remember well)
I am with Joe, i think the spots are just a common degradation
Hope this help
Javi
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:21 pm

like said in the PM to you javi i just like it and do not really care if its anything other then a graded fett Wink

and wolff and javi thanks for all the info in PM and posts Wink
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Yes, unfortunately those guys on RS drumming up the degrading figures = toltoys story were barking up the wrong tree. It's only an indication that the figure is degrading, it can't determine its origin.

Javi - did my PM last night make sense? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:30 pm

I think the spots are the next step after the limbs fade.

Its the plastic breaking down, first it fades then the spots appear.

Obviously this is over many years, but all the boba's i have seen with spots have had faded limbs too.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:40 pm

DLT9 wrote:
like said in the PM to you javi i just like it and do not really care if its anything other then a graded fett Wink

and wolff and javi thanks for all the info in PM and posts Wink
I am gladd you like it Very Happy,if i can help i any other question , just PM me
Cheers
Javi
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:42 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Javi - did my PM last night make sense? Very Happy
PM on the way Joe!!
Javi
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:25 am

:bump: For a great thread Smile
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:30 am

yeah a great thread need to complete a few fetts and take some pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:23 pm

DLT9 wrote:
yeah a great thread need to complete a few fetts and take some pics Very Happy

Hi Bjorn i agree bud this is an awesome thread Smile

Looking forward to seeing your Fett pics!

Once i finally get my new camera for Xmas i hope to add some pics to a number of my favourite threads.

If you have any fetts then this is the thread to get them out guys Smile

Jay
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Wollf's #3?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Im way late for the Boba thread here but
Just curious if anyone knows what the origin is of the #3 in Wollf's Guide? I just did a full inventory of my Boba's and have 3 of these.
Also any clue of there is a variant or what is the mark for the Droids Boba- I thought he was a Taiwan figure. ??
best
Robert
from the Land of Lakes, and General Mills MN.
On a side note , years ago at a local salvage store they had Barrerls I mean 55 gallon Drums of Boba's here maybe 1000 figures or more.
all loose, - they were 95 cents each. I nabbed about 10 back then late 80's .. man I wish I wold have nabbed more.
I'm guessing they were the left overs from Gen Mills mail away distribution. no baggies, just figures.
I should also mention I know a retired Kenner. GMFGI employee who worked on the last droids and Ewok and late POTF era he has about 5 protos. I will pick his brain on more research or contacts to determine how the distribution worked for molds etc on the earlier figures.

Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Its never too late to join a thread here m8 and always nice to hear new info/discussions about them Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7