The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? Empty
PostSubject: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:34 am

Just got my 2 fetts out and always thought I had a Hong Kong Fett but its actually a Taiwan COO

In terms of rarity of COO markings + variations is this a close guess at some kind of order?

(Common - rare)

Hong Kong
Taiwan
China(?)
Tri
Ledy
Meccano

Thats a complete guess to be honest and I am a complete variation noob so any help would be good, I might chase down a Hong Kong if they are cheap lol!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:38 am

Ok can scrap the China one , according to Wolffs guide there is no China COO

So as for the rest is that a decent enough rarity order? Any thoughts?

I love the tri fett it really is one of my favourite figures
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 am

Yeh looks about right to me Joe Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 am

I would go with that Joe but im sure someone with more fett experience will chime in Smile

Nice find the taiwan version mate!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:39 am

i guess it depends on where you live , like with all the variations

just wondering about your list , you start with hong kong because that one is the most commen one, no

also , do you mean , macua in stead of meccano
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:41 am

Thanks! I better not get started looking at what I have here or I will soon be well on my way to being a variation hunter lol

The thing that got me looking at the COO's and date stamps was the 84 stamp Barada over on RS, sadly mine is an 85 Sad

I always liked the tri fett next to a standard , really does show off the paint app differences nicely.

Deffo going to hunt down a Hong Kong now lol!
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 am

True - no China available.

The Ledy you can get with fixed and removable rocket.

Removable is the most expensive to get out of all of them.

The Meccano is trickier to find because it isn't easily identifiable in ebay auctions (still looking myself)
but not necessarily as expensive as the fixed rocket Ledy.

There are of course various variations on the coo's.

Hong Kong has a couple of slightly different coo wording plus various colours of green chest/yellow and orange paintwork plus a lighter blue limb variant (all debatable on whether you believe in discolouration or not)

The Taiwan a couple of slightly different coo's plus slightly different colour belts.

The tri has various permitations of painted/unpainted knee/wristdart plus single and split scars.

For what i've seen them go for i'd put the basic list like this:

Hong Kong
Taiwan
Tri painted knee
Tri unpainted knee
Meccano
Ledy fixed rocket
Ledy removable rocket

I'm sure opinions are divided Wink
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:46 am

jimmymindtricks wrote:
i guess it depends on where you live , like with all the variations

just wondering about your list , you start with hong kong because that one is the most commen one, no

also , do you mean , macua in stead of meccano

Well its true it depends on where you live but in the grand scheme of things it relates more to the production numbers, we know pretty much that hong kong was probably the most used factory thats why there are so many Hong Kong COO's in peoples collections.

Yes the list is common - rare so starting with the Hong Kong it will be the easiest to find as there are more out there.

The Meccano fett is called that due to it appearing on a meccano card, the COO is a scar so there is no way of telling where it was produced, Macau was the place that many French released figures were produced but Meccano is the licensee that the Fett was released under (Like Palitoy, Harbert etc)
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:48 am

I guess until more Meccano Fetts are unearthed its rarity will remain a mystery, the Ledy Removable Rocket i have seen plenty up for sale, nevertheless he is still rare and probably deserves top spot due to having a loose rocket and a blaster to make him complete Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:49 am

Lee_m wrote:
True - no China available.

The Ledy you can get with fixed and removable rocket.

Removable is the most expensive to get out of all of them.

The Meccano is trickier to find because it isn't easily identifiable in ebay auctions (still looking myself)
but not necessarily as expensive as the fixed rocket Ledy.

There are of course various variations on the coo's.

Hong Kong has a couple of slightly different coo wording plus various colours of green chest/yellow and orange paintwork plus a lighter blue limb variant (all debatable on whether you believe in discolouration or not)

The Taiwan a couple of slightly different coo's plus slightly different colour belts.

The tri has various permitations of painted/unpainted knee/wristdart plus single and split scars.

For what i've seen them go for i'd put the basic list like this:

Hong Kong
Taiwan
Tri painted knee
Tri unpainted knee
Meccano
Ledy fixed rocket
Ledy removable rocket

I'm sure opinions are divided Wink

Awesome info Lee thanks mate!

I think if I do delve into this minefield it would be just COO and probably not COO + paint app differences, I saw Wolffs thread and wow there are a lot of Fetts there!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 am

i knew , most of it joe,except that a meccano carde fett has a coo scar

so thanks for that

also thank you lee for such good research info

gonna go check my fetts now, lol
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:00 am

just checked , i goty one light blue taiwan

and 3 different hong kong's

one of the hong kong's is actuall a hong kon ( no g) anything special about that one
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:03 am

May I ask who confirmed the scarred Fett was on the Meccano card?

Is there any pictures or more carded examples to back up the scarred fett being Meccano ?
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:04 am

Was maybe cheaper Jim or the last few made when the mould started falling to bits Smile

Wolff will be the one to ask.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:04 am

jimmymindtricks wrote:

one of the hong kong's is actuall a hong kon ( no g) anything special about that one

Wanna sell one of those Hong Kongs ?? LOL

I am gonna get Brett to get me a minty one from RS if not lol!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:08 am

The Admiral wrote:
Was maybe cheaper Jim or the last few made when the mould started falling to bits Smile

Wolff will be the one to ask.

Yeah I would go with something like that, differences in the mold markings would occur after being used thousands of times,
wear and tear on the molds would definitely account for slight changes in the COO + other markings.

That is one of the reasons I think some variation hunting is a little bit much for me, I do however find the information fun to read and everyones dedication to collecting variations and sourcing the background information helps everyone identify what they have even if just for future sales, I say well done to all those variation hunters Wink I just don't think I will be in the ranks of the hardcore variation hunters any time soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:08 am

Joe_O wrote:

Is there any pictures or more carded examples to back up the scarred fett being Meccano ?

Coach said this ...

Quote :
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!

So a Meccano Boba Fett has no COO.... looks like there is no scar or nothing there!!!!

That was after you showed a pic of the Carded Meccano Boba Fett, you cant see the back of his leg so i guess he was referring to the photos of my Loose Meccano Fett
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:16 am

Joe_O wrote:
jimmymindtricks wrote:

Wanna sell one of those Hong Kongs ?? LOL

I am gonna get Brett to get me a minty one from RS if not lol!

sorry bro , 3 differnet ones , i you know i like the variation , game

i'd look for you in the vintage shop where i paid 5euro a piece for them
, but i know they are all cleaned out

gonna check wolfs giude for the missing g one
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:24 am

The Admiral wrote:
Joe_O wrote:

Coach said this ...

Quote :
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!

So a Meccano Boba Fett has no COO.... looks like there is no scar or nothing there!!!!

That was after you showed a pic of the Carded Meccano Boba Fett, you cant see the back of his leg so i guess he was referring to the photos of my Loose Meccano Fett

Well, I had no idea that there was any significant COO difference of the Fett that Meccano released before this loose one was up for sale lol, I knew of the MOC releases only. Wolff's figure that you bought was sold as a Meccano Fett so somewhere along the lines someone must have noticed the COO differences on a MOC, saying that, a Meccano carded Fett is pretty rare, I don't know of many MOC around so I wanted to know how it was proven to be on the Meccano card + how many examples were seen + noted ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:25 am

Also , there are 2 Meccano released Fetts as far as I know, the Meccano dark figure (like yours) and the later released ROTJ figure which is a Tri / Pali Fett (lighter) so I just assumed that yours was from that earlier carded release.

So we do need Wolff to explain how it was discovered to be a Meccano Fett Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:35 am

It probably was from a card Joe, would be nice to find a carded one to check his leg eh Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:38 am

The Admiral wrote:
It probably was from a card Joe, would be nice to find a carded one to check his leg eh Smile

It sure would! I might drop Stephane a line in fact
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Dont forget to add one.....

Hong Kong
Taiwan
Tri painted knee
Tri unpainted knee
Meccano
Ledy fixed rocket
Ledy removable rocket
Rocket Firing Prototype
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:33 pm

He doesn't count Laughing

Besides in a month everyone will have one from Hasbro Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Or the $25 Singapore "Rocket Firing repro variant" lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next