The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:32 pm

ahar!!!!

there it might be! Is this a french trilogo card mike??? can you tell from picture??
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:33 pm

hmmm...I only had to read...it IS a FRENCH CARD!!!! (legend says)
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Ahar a lead!!!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:36 pm

I think if anything discussions like this are extremely important, look at me, I have an interest and have been running around trying to find out the origin of the figures and I have zero interest in variations but it has brought about some interesting information.

I like things to make sense thats all and as a MOC collector at heart I like to know of the card these variations came on as its part of the bigger picture, from a card you can find distributor, country and even more, rarity (card production spans etc).

2 years ago neither Wolff or Mike knew of this variation according to the COO thread when Kenneth showed his really there was just 2 people saying they had one and it was accepted as a legitimate variation, I know you guys do your work in private and search for these figures for yourselves by buying up countless loose items but the community also likes to read this stuff as well so when a Meccano loose figure is up for sale it helps everyone know what exactly it is Smile

There is also room for more discussion not just on this but on Fetts in general, Chris' question on Harbert Fetts is still unanswered and I am still interested to hear more about this Meccano variant.

Terms and names for figure variants I agree are quite vague but healthy discussion is also a way to clear those up as well!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:37 pm

Going to chase that card up guys with Stephane as we had some lengthy discussion over email on it Smile

Anything he can tell me about the figure and its COO I will relate to the thread!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Go chase him Tigger Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Email sent, I mentioned his and Billy boys and also I have asked him to check for the COO on his Early French card Very Happy

Hopefully an answer tonight!
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Regarding the Harbert Fett.
Here´s the Harbert auction that went 2 1/2 years ago. Maybe someone will try to contact the buyer having a closer look a the figure.
Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 HarbertFett
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:03 pm

Fingers crossed Joe Smile

Look at that Harbert will ya :Drool:

We need to see what a loose Harbert looks like compared to the rest too
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:12 pm

mike-skywalker wrote:
Regarding the Harbert Fett.
Here´s the Harbert auction that went 2 1/2 years ago. Maybe someone will try to contact the buyer having a closer look a the figure.
Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 HarbertFett

I think that Fett eventually sold off of ebay. I remember seeing it listed at least twice. Smile

Just look at it! Shocked

It looks like you can easily see the COO on it too! Smile Someone HAS to know who the current owner is, don't they?
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Hey peeps, do join in if you have any Fetts requiring identification Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Wow just read this whole thread awesome discussion guys!

Its this type of discussion platform that really helps people learn Smile

I cant chime in as only own the one loose fett ands it a common HK

Jay
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Yeh its very educational, i luv this kinda stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Ok, Well unfortunately Stephen had 3 different carded French trilogos at one time or another but now only has one, 3 would have been great info to compare especially if they all had this No COO.

He is however going to check his current one so I will report back when he next emails me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:53 pm

The suspence is killing me lol, cant you go and knock on his door?
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Everyone showing their fetts, gotta throw a pic on here. I just figured out how to upload.

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 08311
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:30 am

LG Nice Fetts mate!!! Love the MOC!

mike-skywalker its awesome to see you posting buddy! and i totally get where your coming from in terms of how variant names evolve. Feel free to post in the Who's Who Introduce Yourself Thread

Man i just realised that i dont actually have a Fett in my collection at the mo how sad is that!!

I used to have a desert scene MOC that i sold to Peter a while back as i was planning to get a clear bubble one at some point and i just checked my loose figures and i dont have one Sad
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:46 am

Update on the "Meccano" Fett :

I have spoken to Stephane who checked his early French trilogo figure and he has CONFIRMED there is NO COO!

So it seems the country where this COO type was distributed WAS France and with the small distribution time span of these very early French cards it makes sense for these to be quite rare, proven by the small number out there.

I suppose the term Meccano is a little broad and not strictly true but at least the Country is correct, Early French Trilogo Fett or Meccano Fett you decide on what to call him but I am so glad we worked on this and got the card origin.

Like I said before , you guys working in the background on this stuff is great but we all like to know this information so for that reason its great to discuss this stuff in public Smile

(Wondering if anyone actually bought Billy boys ingenious "LILI LEDY" Fett on trilogo card.... Sad )

Last edited by Joe_O on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:49 am

Could you guys work on some side by side Macro shots of the COO area of both this variation and the Lili Ledy?

I can see there is a difference but it would be great to get some clear comparison shots, I wonder if there is a chance it was the same mold or two different altered molds for these NO COO figures.

Cool stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:03 am

Woohoo!!!

I think Meccano Fett termed by the variant collectors should stay with him seeing as theyve used it for so long, and it does sound nice Smile

My daughters cam has bit the dust - gonna take it back to the shop shortly, will get some photos of them in my lightbox once sorted Joe, great homework m8!

Very cool stuff

Some older pix of mine in the meantime ...

The Meccano no C.O.O. Boba Fett
Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 IMG_4419
Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 IMG_4420
Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 IMG_4416

Last edited by The Admiral on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:11 am

I also have pictures from Stephane of his Fett which show the no COO so no doubt its from this card!

Strange that the mold was altered for seemingly a small run of figures, I guess someone more up to speed on the production side of things would be able to give some better answers on why,what,who and when lol
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:15 am

Yeh very unusual, wonder what the reason was, perhaps because they were used on the Tri-Logo cards and not Meccano hmmm

Get those piccies up Joe Smile
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:39 am

Ok I see your point Joe, but sometimes the Moc collectors should trust the loose maniacs....we search worldwide for loose varaints, every day. So If the loose community says: all found in france it was probably sold there......and indeed this is the clue that lead us to the right card, isnt it?

Happy to hear the good news....I wanna see a pic!

MOLD COMPARISON:

Trust me again, you need no picture. Every no coo from a former HK coo has exact the same mold as this HK equal. Look at my pics. "Meccano" has mold from HK #3......LILI Ledy has the mold from HK #2.

Wolff
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:41 am

Joe_O wrote:

Strange that the mold was altered for seemingly a small run of figures, I guess someone more up to speed on the production side of things would be able to give some better answers on why,what,who and when lol

Thats no problem...just took the equal HK mold (already existing) and deleted the HK.......its not like makeing a complete new mold!

The country was probably deleted because the figures werent produced in HongKong....like most figures in france I assume its a Macau produced figure.

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:44 am

Picking up on your point of MOC collectors listening to loose collectors, have you ever collated the data from MOC collectors asking which COO appears on figures on certain releases?

Would that be a great tool for discovering the origins of certain figures just like we did here?

Its true MOC collectors in most cases do not take much notice of COO markings and loose collectors probably don't see much interest in card variations and releases etc but in the end it all ties in to make the bigger picture, its good to bridge the gap and work out a common problem Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next