The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:04 am

Joe_O wrote:
Picking up on your point of MOC collectors listening to loose collectors, have you ever collated the data from MOC collectors asking which COO appears on figures on certain releases?

Would that be a great tool for discovering the origins of certain figures just like we did here?

Its true MOC collectors in most cases do not take much notice of COO markings and loose collectors probably don't see much interest in card variations and releases etc but in the end it all ties in to make the bigger picture, its good to bridge the gap and work out a common problem Very Happy

I agree...I just wanted to point out that I knew this can only be found in France.....Moc collectors like you and Stephane at least found him....so good cooperation.

From my time on RS I know that most Moc collectors dont listen to loose collectors like me....It would help us both to better listen to each other.

Wolff
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:10 am

May I introduce a new figure from interest???

MACAO Biker.......anyone ever seen the Colgate packaging which may have a Macao Biker inside???
(I only have a pic from a french Colgate with Bib)

From what I know it never was released on card!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:24 am

wbobafett wrote:
Joe_O wrote:
Picking up on your point of MOC collectors listening to loose collectors, have you ever collated the data from MOC collectors asking which COO appears on figures on certain releases?

Would that be a great tool for discovering the origins of certain figures just like we did here?

Its true MOC collectors in most cases do not take much notice of COO markings and loose collectors probably don't see much interest in card variations and releases etc but in the end it all ties in to make the bigger picture, its good to bridge the gap and work out a common problem Very Happy

I agree...I just wanted to point out that I knew this can only be found in France.....Moc collectors like you and Stephane at least found him....so good cooperation.

From my time on RS I know that most Moc collectors dont listen to loose collectors like me....It would help us both to better listen to each other.

Wolff

I agree 100% and unfortunately MOC collectors can sometimes be the key, they are just a little lazy Wink

I remember Jay went through hoops trying to get people to check weapon variations on MOC with other collectors, I know he got help in some cases but many people don't bother to check for 1 min on their MOC figures to help out some other collectors.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:38 am

Joe_O wrote:

I remember Jay went through hoops trying to get people to check weapon variations on MOC with other collectors, I know he got help in some cases but many people don't bother to check for 1 min on their MOC figures to help out some other collectors.

No offense....but also most MOC collectors dont have the "feeling" to decide between this tiny tiny differences on weapons and molds and color, etc.....

Loose collector handle such things every day.....so I see there is a problem.

Best solvers are focus collectors. I.e. nobody helped me as much as Stephen on which accessories belongs to which Yoda....I think such focus collectors are the key to our probnlems Smile

Wolff
Back to top Go down
mike-skywalker
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mike-skywalker

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:02 am

I knew some of you wouldn´t accept Billys pictures as reference of the Boba, but the card looks 100% legit. Stephanes confirmation is the definately provement of the figures origin.

What are you talking about french Colgate packages? They were only available in Spain. With a confirmed Bib and rumored Madine and Biker Scout.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:14 pm

mike-skywalker wrote:

What are you talking about french Colgate packages? They were only available in Spain. With a confirmed Bib and rumored Madine and Biker Scout.

Dumpass....sry for that. Spain ok! (I have to learn to read whats on my pics...my memory isnt very good in such things Wink )

Ok..then was the PBP Biker released in that???Any carded around???

Wolff
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Hey Joe, perhaps we can make a thread in the content and reference library for Fett now we have some covered here, maybe transfer the posts over and make something nice out of it all? Would aslo need adding to mind with all the others info, better wait i guess and keep covering them all here first.

My daughters cam has been sent away for repair (they dont do replacements bah!) have to wait weeks now Sad

Ill mess around with this 5MP one lying here see if its any good.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Great result on this one lads!

I will say that it would be awesome to get MOC collectors involved on cases like this. This in my opinion is the type of research that needs to be carried out! If enough collectors can work together we can really gain a deeper understanding of the hobby we all love Smile

Regardless of what the name is the "Meccano" Fett is one super cool hard to find variant cheers

So is it more accurate to call this Fett the Maccu Fett as so far all the information suggests that it was probably produced in France at the Maccu factory?
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:04 pm

I think the Macau factory was in China, hey Joe can you ask Stephane if the card mentions the figures COO on the back? i know we know its France but would be nice to see a pic Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:16 pm

The Admiral wrote:
I think the Macau factory was in China, hey Joe can you ask Stephane if the card mentions the figures COO on the back? i know we know its France but would be nice to see a pic Smile

My bad lol your right the Macau factory is in China i meant that the factory produced figures for the french market as Wolff said above posts.

Jay
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Craig T wrote:
The Admiral wrote:
Ok heres the first pile i could grab my hands on, i have loads of Hong Kong/Taiwan upstairs - but thats another story Smile
Im also not taking my Ledy Fett off his card Razz
Note the Landmine Fett Smile

Awesome display of Fetts man! I prefer Landmine Fett too!

My Fett Collection:

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 Myboba10

The Trilogo Unpainted knee is a 45 Palitoy. The rocket is a 90s Custom but I'll never own a real so it doesn't matter.

Craig those AFAs are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks Coach!

I bought them in 2006 with the money from my PhD scholarship. lol!

Both cost a fortune at the time but I think the price have come down since then.

Been having a buthchers at your collection man... cracking stuff too!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 am

Great news and great detective work fellas! Smile

Awesome read on this thread all the way around! Fascinating stuff!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:29 pm

A little :bump: for anyone who hasnt seen this cool thread Smile
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:50 pm

this is a cool thread and didnt see it untill now.

i actually have a couple of fetts myself and a focus on it,but im not the expert here.
will take some pics when my latest purshase arrive's a ledy fett and a second tai.
i will also check the markings on the legs of my fetts to see is there are any surprisses Smile

also i tiny suggestion,
some threads regarding reference or info get so long that its hard to find the info needed.
could anything of use be put on the front page for easier use?
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Cool Fetts dude. Been thinking about getting one (loose obviously) but not sure on which one and how much to pay. Want one in near mint condition and then I'll put him into a cosy custom for my display Wink
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:19 pm

first you must deceide how much you want to spend on a near mint fett,then you can look at witch one you want.
but fetts go from arround 20$ to 250$ or more depending with one it is.

the tai's are nice and go for arround 30$
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Ok, thanks for the info DLT9 Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:23 am

DLT9 wrote:
this is a cool thread and didnt see it untill now.

i actually have a couple of fetts myself and a focus on it,but im not the expert here.
will take some pics when my latest purshase arrive's a ledy fett and a second tai.
i will also check the markings on the legs of my fetts to see is there are any surprisses Smile

also i tiny suggestion,
some threads regarding reference or info get so long that its hard to find the info needed.
could anything of use be put on the front page for easier use?

Hi Buddy

The front page of the forum has multiple links to various places under the forum titles examples are links to the main TIG site www.imperialgunnery.com (this forum is a sub part of that site) TIG you Tube and others etc so there isn’t the space to add more links really.

The lili Ledy Guide has its own section and the tab for that is located next to the home page tab Smile

I bumped this thread as i though it would be good for new people that may have missed it all the threads stay on the site but as they become old they move down the pages but they can looked for at any time Smile

There is also the search feature as well located (under the banner) that’s a good tool to find threads via key words.

What may be a good idea is to create a sticky in vintage chat where we can add links to all the good variant threads in the first post?

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:28 am

thanks for the heads up Wink
i will try to get some pics of all my fetts later today.
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:05 pm

ok here are my fetts left to right
hong kong bright green chest,hong kong pale green chest,taiwan,taiwan different blue + lighter limbs
taiwan orange brown,taiwan removable rocket??,tri logo and last lili ledy
Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 004qm.th
Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 006cpy.th
actually some of these fetts COO's are more crisp then others,will snap of pic of them maybe there is a suprise i dont know of?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Bumped as requested Smile

Ive also edited the original title to make it easier to search for Smile
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks à lot mate Wink
Anyone has Somers new aditions or varitions?
I have and Will post some pics later.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:06 pm

Joe_O wrote:
I also have pictures from Stephane of his Fett which show the no COO so no doubt its from this card!

Hey JOe , i was wondering if you baybe can post the picts you mean, please?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:16 pm

DLT9 wrote:
ok here are my fetts left to right
hong kong bright green chest,hong kong pale green chest,taiwan,taiwan different blue + lighter limbs
taiwan orange brown,taiwan removable rocket??,tri logo and last lili ledy
Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 004qm.th
Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 006cpy.th
actually some of these fetts COO's are more crisp then others,will snap of pic of them maybe there is a suprise i dont know of?

BTW bud those are some awesome Fetts you have there mate congrats!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?   Rarity order of loose Boba fett's? - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rarity order of loose Boba fett's?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next