The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT: Good with your hands.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:40 pm

Kudos for all the great art work.

I like the Fett as well, but my favourite is the cathedral: nice Escher like composition, great colours and atmosphere.

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 Scan0007_zps5976a148

Maybe you could make a similar work based upon Bespin or the Death Star interior.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
Kudos for all the great art work.

I like the Fett as well, but my favourite is the cathedral: nice Escher like composition, great colours and atmosphere.

Maybe you could make a similar work based upon Bespin or the Death Star interior.

Thanks for the kind words marco, thats definitely food for thought. Bespin has amazing skies around it with fiery colours. The death star interior could be done in cooler colours featuring the emperor's chair and, cathedral like, circular window incorporating the moody strip lighting thinking
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:41 pm

top work Chris Cool
I love the 'excession' art project. Cool to see it before and after all the cover fonts were added.

chris.75 wrote:

This was a college based, book cover illustration project, i did for an Iain M Banks sci-fi novel 'excession'

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 DSCF5047_zpsdc537cb6

with all the fonts in place

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 Scan0005_zpse26446f8

Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
top work Chris Cool
I love the 'excession' art project. Cool to see it before and after all the cover fonts were added.
 Thanks Paul, i really enjoyed creating this illustration back in the day.
Although i must admit i can't help but look at these paintings and cringe a little at some of the flaws and things i feel could have been done better but i guess thats just the perfectionist in me, never happy. Its spilled into my collecting a bit too with seeking really minty loose figures Laughing

Before  Ethan, my little boy, was born i had a bit more spare time on my hands and having an ok  understanding on how photoshop works, i created these movie style posters from scratch using the official star wars website as an image database. Although some are not quite finished and i never got round to doing episode III they were all a lot of fun to create.

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 <a href=OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 Episode4apsd_zpsdd057e64" />

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 <a href=OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 Vcopy_zps5b6c0edf" />

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 <a href=OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 Jedicopy_zps89ca64db" />

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 <a href=OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 Episode1copy_zps77d7eeea" />

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 <a href=OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 Episode2acopy_zps6deb24d6" />

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 <a href=OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 Starfield2copy_zps18940ca6" />
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Great work Chris, the Star Wars covers look very professional! I never quite got my head round photoshop, should have spent more time at college listening instead of... erm.... :bong:You know how it is!

I prefer pencil sketching and pen and ink, I did a couple of Star Wars sketches years ago, but I'll have to dig them out. Here's a couple of my bits to hand on my computer:

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 Dog_sk10

A Firends dog I sketched for her.

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 The_de10

A water colour of th 'Dead Giant' Sequoia in Yosemite.

I'm learning to tattoo and these are a couple of early freehand tattoo's I did on pig skin.

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 No_2a_10

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 No_5b_10

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:44 am

some really nice artwork there mate. I particularly like the way you managed to get the gnarly effect of the bark on the sequoia tree Smile
Also those tats are really cool i really like the hand print and the zombie lettering.  All that pig flesh looks a bit creepy though lol!

Have you ever inked somebody for real? What a Face
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:08 pm

Not yet Chris no, but I don't think it will be long now, people are hassling me! I'm converting my back room into a studio and I want to get it up and running and registered from the start, so I'm legit from day one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:27 pm

wow sounds like business will be booming from day one, i guess you need to be registered and legit from a health and safety point of view. I bet the equipment isn't cheap either.

have you done many of your own designs or is there a book where people can choose ready made images from, which you then create a stencil?
As you can tell i don't have any tats myself, but i've always liked the idea of one, its just choosing one that you know you're going to be happy with for the rest of your days.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:35 pm

very cool artwork General !!

I really like the Zombie Tat - if I ever was to make it to your neck of the woods I would gladly let you do a tat similar to it on me What a Face
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:47 pm

just found this on youtube Smile

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:08 pm

And I'd be more than happy to do it for you Jim!

Great video Chris, I bet there has been a fair few hours gone into that guys back! Jesus, I've had 24 hours on my back and it's only half done! Ouch!

In short Chris, you take the pic you want and then trace it through onto carbon paper which you then press onto the body and it leaves a purple outline which you then follow. Thats the basic way, you can go free hand, and utilmately alot is done free hand anyway, detail work and shading etc.

I have already designed tattoo's for people and will offer that service (at extra cost of course Very Happy)
Can't wait to do my first Star Wars tattoo, here's an old TIG Star Wars Tattoo Thread with some member getting there tats out! My favourite has got to be the skull version of the Mandalorian badge Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Bumping this to show off my recent knives:

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 1378473_10151925213246153_897922975_n

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 1379901_10151925206156153_988979422_n

Sorry for the crappy quality, only have my phonecam atm.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Beautiful man :clap: cheers :clap: 
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:00 pm

That's some serious craftsmanship there Tundra, very nice mate cheers
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Awesome knives chief, a true wilderness craftsman :clap: 
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:37 pm

beautifully crafted knives Tundra, are they made from bone (goat)? Did I spot them in them under constuction in the 'Tiggy the TIG (Travelling Imperial Gunner)' thread?
very nice work indeed cheers :clap:
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:03 pm

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. Smile

Yeah, they are made from reindeer antlers, they were with Tiggy yup!
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:01 am

Did some sketches this weekend...not much to look at, but ok enough to show you guys... Razz

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 Random10

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 Chick10
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:15 am

Nice work, Jorn! Very Happy 

What is her name?
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:20 am

Great Artwork Tundra cheers 

I really love this thread :clap: 
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:28 am

Thanks guys!
Doc, guess she's the one that got away.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:34 am

tundra9 wrote:
Thanks guys!
Doc, guess she's the one that got away.

Really sorry to hear that, bro!

Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:44 am

Great sketches Jorn, I really like the styalisation of your figures. To come up with a nice clean style is quite a hard thing to achieve, well done mate :clap: :clap: :clap:
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:16 am

Thanks guys! Smile

Here's another knife I just made:

OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 Sam_4810
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:27 am

Awesome Tundra - that's just a beautiful Knife cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Good with your hands.   OT: Good with your hands. - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT: Good with your hands.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next