The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 5:16 am

Maybe your dog can help. Dogs have a nose for Star Wars. lol!

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 DogATAT
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 pm

OK, lets try for a third time!!!!!!!!!!
I have posted some photos and asked a few questions regarding Darth Vader, and the possibillity of a coulple of the ones shown in my photos being Spanish.
Can any one help please.

Thanks. Oscar.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 2:08 am

M4K3R1 wrote:
I have posted some photos and asked a few questions regarding Darth Vader, and the possibillity of a coulple of the ones shown in my photos being Spanish.
Can any one help please.

Thanks. Oscar.

Hi Oscar, I had a look and in my opinion your first one 's had the torso melted some how and was done after it left the factory. I can't help you tell weather it's POCH or not but the second one is interesting as it looks like it has the COO that came before the scar #9 Vader and also the same paint job, the head is a factory cooling error like the cross tusks on Walrusman but on a bigger scale.

Last edited by snaggletooth on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:14 am

COO #9 (from UK)
* Neck under painted, blue visable on right
* Black Eyes?
* Scarred COO with partial "G"
* Straight spray mask on back of head
* Melt marks above belt
* Light brown painted hands?
* Ears Visible
* Short Dark Grey Cape (zips on one side)

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 DSCF7548_zps4dff9183
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 DSCF7550_zps463cefb0
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 DSCF7554_zpsd8c2319d
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 DSCF7557_zps607d16d6
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 DSCF7560_zpse15008f2
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:11 am

Hi Walkie, my cape is pictured with the zippy side facing us when Lando's facing us and the non zippy side when we're looking at his back. The cape is darker on the zippy side, how does that compare to yours?
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 4:24 am

snaggletooth wrote:
M4K3R1 wrote:
Can any one help please.

Thanks. Oscar.

Hi Oscar, I had a look and in my opinion your first one 's had the torso melted some how and was done after it left the factory. I can't help you tell weather it's POCH or not but the second one is interesting as it has the COO that came before the H scar Vader and also the same paint job, the head is a factory cooling error like the cross tusks on Walrusman but on a bigger scale.

Hey Scott, Thank you for your help, i apreciate it. So it looks like #1 is off to the trash. #2 Factory error head.
Nice, i like errors, makes them unique, sorta!! Very Happy
Back to the discussion.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:32 am

snaggletooth wrote:
Hi Walkie, my cape is pictured with the zippy side facing us when Lando's facing us and the non zippy side when we're looking at his back. The cape is darker on the zippy side, how does that compare to yours?

I will check tonight, yours has a nicer butt then mine Embarassed
Back to top Go down
plantainman
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
plantainman

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 am

Looking for opinion on a new Fett that just fell into my lap....

I got this Fett from someone in the UK who has had him stored in an attic for best part of 30 years. The weapon and figure are the complete piece.

What I want opinion on is his PBP status. I say this because I checked out the weapon and its clearly a variant 8 Imperial blaster, which is the PBP variant right? (Are these rare or common? - I don't know)
The figure himself does not have manufacturing defects or bubbling like has been mentioned (Though I think from reading this thread it appears those defects are not solely synonymous with PBP figures anyway). He does however have several paint defects that would suggest hap-hazard hand painting??? He also has some very small mould breaks on each side of his neck his neck and one on his left foot.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 Front_12

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 Fett_p10

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 Pbp_bl10

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 Pbp_ma10

Sorry if these images are unclear or an unsuitable size for this forum

Anyway...Opinion/thoughts?

Also, would he be worth grading for my own personal satisfaction? I'd like to keep him so having him cased would be nice. I also have a Tri-boba with u/p knee & p dart, which although is more beat up than this guy, I'd like to get him cased too for protection (Will pop a pic in a relevant thread soon).
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 pm

snaggletooth wrote:

Mine is the same colour both sides
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks Walkie, mine come with that figure but I had it seprate since i got him as i thought it was another repo till I seen yours :scratch:
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Plantainman the weapon can be found in the mailaway kit:
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 7ea0f971
pic courtesy of Scott.
Paint app errors are 'common' throughout all factories. To me it's a 'normal' HK Fett.
I'd be buying these cases: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2140-gw-acrylic-cases-new-lower-prices-moc-loose-in-stock-update-nov-2012?highlight=acrylic
Back to top Go down
plantainman
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
plantainman

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 4:12 am

aussiejames wrote:

Cheers, thanks for the info. Should this be stated under the variant 8 cat in the imperial blaster section of imperial gunnery page too?
(I accidently down voted your post - I thought it was a scroll bar lol [noob])

EDIT : Looking again, the butt of my gun is different to that one displayed as being from the baggie. My gun actually looks identical to the V3 blue (barring the barrel mould break) that came with MOC - Boba Fett 21g

aussiejames wrote:
Paint app errors are 'common' throughout all factories. To me it's a 'normal' HK Fett.

Good to know.

aussiejames wrote:
I'd be buying these cases: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2140-gw-acrylic-cases-new-lower-prices-moc-loose-in-stock-update-nov-2012?highlight=acrylic

Awesome link, tyvm. I don't really need my figs graded as they are for personal appreciation, so these cases look like they will fit the bill perfectly.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:53 am

PBP AT-AT COmmander (Pale Face)

Figure compared to a Kenner (Pinky/Orange Face)

COO #6+7 (PBP from UK?)
* Light Grey Body
* Pale Face
* Scarred COO with dots
* Extra detail below belt on rear
* Rectangles on back smaller & offset
* No silver detail on helmet

COO #5 (from UK)
* Dark Grey Body
* Pinky Orange Face
* Darker Red Emblems
* Spray Mask partly covers cuffs
* Rectangles on back equal
* Silver detail on helmet

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 BP2yy7B
From left to right: COO #6+7 (PBP from Spain?), COO #5 (from UK).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 WrU8HOG

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 4TZHRUc

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 PzUGaeZ

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 8OHAsSu

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 IJGtyro

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 NFCDAgB
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:07 am

aussiejames wrote:
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 7ea0f971
pic courtesy of Scott.

Not quite sure why you have negatives for that post James but I just give you a positive back.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:18 am

Laughing I wear my hard earned negs proudly Smile
plantainman wrote:

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:20 am

aussiejames wrote:
Laughing I wear my hard earned negs proudly Smile
plantainman wrote:

I seen that after I sent that post lol. Whilst where on the subject do you know where the PBP V8 label came from and what MOCs and baggies it appears in? Please don't think I'm trying to disrespect the gunnery or TIG in any way, I'm just trying to piece together all this euro production and distribution.

I'm wondering if Palitoy where also sending PBP figures as well as the other way round.

What's yours or anyone else's opinion on the some V3 and V7 also being produced by PBP, sharing the same molds as Ledy?

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:40 am

Slightly off topic but the current unemployment situation in Spain isn't good for POCH collectors as our spanish cousins need to make a living....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21180371
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:13 am

More supply might also deflate prices....

Actually, I am hoping for a scenario in which the Spanish economy will recover and Spanish collectors feel much happier and don't need to sell off their collections.

If that means prices of POCH figures stay high (limited supply), so be it.
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to expose my point of view respect the current "hype" with the PBP figures...

Not all spanish collectors does in the "loose" category. Like many other guys in Spain, i am a carded and paper stuff collector. I do everything European; carded, boxed and printed, just because it remember me the old toy stores display full of carded and boxed stuff i couldn't afford..

From the beginning i followed this "POCH/PBP thread" with curiosity because i always believed i could learn something new on these toys. I always tried to help the posters with my personal info.

Now, things had turned a way i personally dislike. These days i am reading too much posts (in many other forums) pointing spanish collectors as guilty and responsable of the way market prices are rocketing.... This is just ridiculous!!

Spanish economy has nothing to do with the current market of the PBP/Poch figures.

Believe me if i tell you that i received at least a couple of e-mails per week asking me to buy or help to buy set of figures posted on spanish "second-hand" webpages, and then see these figures sell for ceazy money in our forums. And believe me these e-mails come from non-spanish guys...

It's sure that our spanish economy don't help that much, but what i noticed is that more and more so-called spanish collectors are mimicking these established practices to make quick and easy money.

Believe me, spanish figure aren't that amazing. They don't worth that money.... and i am sure there's enought stuff out there to satisfy every interested collector.

Please, don't pay that money... just be patient!!!

A spanish collector.

JC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:39 pm

Finally, some honesty! That's why I want nothing to do with PBP/POCH and sold off everything I owned at honest prices....
-Steve
Back to top Go down
lfantelo
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 4:04 am

Good point, Juan Carlos. As a logical consequence of your assertions, I guess you won't mind selling me one (any: you choose) of your Poch MOC's for let's say... 1000€?
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 8:54 am

JC

I really appreciate your reply. I don't think Spanish Collectors are to blame. The market determines value. Frankly if people are willing to.pay high priced for an item then so be it. We have seen plenty of other lines go up in price and then drop too. Im sure these will too. I remember Polish Bootlegs command prices that are triple what they sell for.

The market will correct itself. it always does. Ill say the demand for carded POCHs will always remain strong. Im still searching for just one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:30 am

lfantelo wrote:
Good point, Juan Carlos. As a logical consequence of your assertions, I guess you won't mind selling me one (any: you choose) of your Poch MOC's for let's say... 1000€?

Hola Luis,

First, let says that it would be illogical to mix appels and pears... but yes, i would be more than happy to sell my carded figures at this price without loosing my pants... I really don't make the price. Prices are made by people who's paying that prices.

I already posted on SWSS that the carded figures i upgraded in my collection were offered to other collectors and friends for a ridiculous price. The last were a Leia Hoth and a Bespin Solo, both on spanish ESB 37/41bck for 1250€ each... and believe me, i could sell them for at least twice the price, if not triple...

Anyway, i am a collector, not a seller. I hope to keep them as long as i live since one of my son has great interest in them and share the same passion.

And last,...this should work in both ways; if i sold my cards at low prices, people should be ready to sell their own the same way.

It's a long and harsh educational path... What a Face

JC Wink
Back to top Go down
Panastur
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Panastur

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:42 am

John, you're totally right... this PBP story sounds like the "Polish bootled" episode....Market will correct itself.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:44 am

Two weeks ago I shared some pics of a Spanish apple green Yoda. This figure had some unique features compared to US apple green Yoda figures (see p 20).
But there is another….

Below you see two Yodas. The left figure is the apple green Yoda, which was discussed before. The right figure was also bought from Spain but looks totally different. He has an olive green (grey) head. Both Yoda figures have the same COO#3.

Yodas from Spain: Apple green head (left), and olive green head (right).
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 IMG_7052

In the pics below the olive head Yoda from Spain (at the right) is compared to two COO brothers which were bought from the US (at the left) and Germany (in the middle) respectively.

Yoda's with COO#3. Left: Kenner (dark head transformant). Middle: Kenner. Right: Figure from Spain.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 IMG_7058

Yoda's with COO#3. Left: Kenner (dark head transformant). Middle: Kenner. Right: Figure from Spain. ]
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 IMG_7063

Yoda's with COO#3. Left: Kenner (dark head transformant). Middle: Kenner. Right: Figure from Spain.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 IMG_7064

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 Th_IMG_7061THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 Th_IMG_7060THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 Th_IMG_7059THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 Th_IMG_7057THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 Th_IMG_7054

Note here that Kenner figures having COO #3 are characterised by darker green paint on the hands and the feet. Moreover the plastic of the head has a greyish green (olive) colour which can be degraded to darker tones, even to the poop head transformant ( Very Happy ), shown above.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4685-yoda-olive-head-with-hong-kong-coo3

Now let's have a look at the differences!

Compared to his Kenner COO brothers, the Yoda figure from Spain has:
- A darker grey head (compare right to middle figure), I am not sure whether this is a strong point, as the plastic of the head can degrade to darker tones (left figure), at least this is the case for Kenner figures.
- Light instead of dark green paint on hand and feet, this seems an unique feature.

Apart from paint differences the figure from Spain has some characteristics which we often encounter on POCH figures (but which are not POCH exclusive! ):
- A small meltmark (just above the belt cord at the back, can be seen on the pic)
- A partial crack at the bottom due to bad welding.

I didn't have a close look at the accessories. I included a pic of the cape, cane, belt, and snake.

What do you think, are we looking at a(nother) POCH variant here?

Do you have pics of Spanish Yoda's which look the same? Please share.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next