The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:59 am

@Kenneth: I will post pics of my Dengar and Han Solo tomorrow so we can xompare them with your pics.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Are these POCH/PBP?

Leia Hoth.....

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 YNMpD
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 5T4b2
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 0Ecz0

Obi Wan Kenobi....

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Kz9te
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 HqyKF
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 WjB5w
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 CfQsO

Sorry for rubbish OWK photos, some info light sabre complete with fine point, marking GMFGI Made in Hong Kong 1977, Grey Hair, Wide Stance.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 4:27 pm

Walkie: Why do you think they might be POCH?

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 4:36 pm

Usual story, the seller claims they are. Personally I think there talking BS. I'm told the leia hoth has the green metallic eyebrows, except there pretty worn.

Think I'll tell the seller to sling their hook.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 4:46 pm

Ben has not been discussed in this thread sofar, but I can make pics of my incomplete one (w/o cape) for you tomorrow.

Same for Leia Hoth.

I would also check Wolff's POCH guide for Leia Hoth, but it only shows a picture of his collection now?

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/poch/

I hope it is a temporarily thing, it would be a shame to loose that valuable resource.

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Looking forward to the Ben photos.

If you google "poch leia hoth" you can still get to wolff's guides however the main menu is like you say a static image only.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:23 pm

I updated yesterday's posts with new pics of the Imperial Commander and Bossk figures.

These pics are now made in natural daylight, so you see the differences much better.

Coming next: Leia Hoth, Ben, Han Solo, and Dengar, but first I will watch a movie. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:55 pm

For Walkie:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6972

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6973

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6974

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6975

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6976

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6977

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6978

Pictures of my POCH Leia Hoth.

The figure is lacking the right eye brow, and the left eye brow does not look so green to me.

Besides that, this Leia looks the same as the one described by Wolff: http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/poch-variants/leia-hoth/

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Pictures of my Ben, which was sold as POCH:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6979

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6980

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6981

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6982

Note the pale hands, pale head, and typical POCH imperfections (melt marks at the back, crack at the neck).

Would be good to have more pics of this figure from other sources, so we can more or less confirm the POCH identity of this figure.

Here is a MOC picture from http://www.starwarsspanishstuff.info

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Ben_esb37-41b

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:08 pm

thank you
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Kenneth_B wrote:
Let's get back to what was Marco's initial idea with this thread: Openly discussing Poch and PBP figures in order to gain knowledge for the community, which would also be beneficial for the variant collectors individually.

A figure which is not present in Wolff's Poch guide, is the Han original. I know, that Javier, Sergio etc know about this variant very well, but therfore some of the variant collectors maybe don't?

I have found four near identical samples from four different sourches in Spain, which all have the same features: "Fat" eye brows (like the Poch IC in this thread), pale hands, pale neck and small belt buckle. Some of them also have small melt marks on the butt/back. The Poch Han's often seem to have a crack in th neck - like many other Poch and PBP produced figures.. Here are some pics of one of them:

Poch Han Solo

Poch Han Solo

Poch Han Solo

Poch Han Solo

Poch Han Solo

To me this is a confirmed Poch Han variant. Same coo (all four), some unique features in the paint, meltmarks etc. So no mixed up figure here in my opinion. There could be more Poch Han Solo variants of course? I have another interesting Han purchased in Spain, but that figure is more likely to be mixed up. But I cannot say that for sure of course..? I'll post some pics soon!

Pictures of my supposed POCH Han Solo from Spain:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6968

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6969

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6971

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6970

Based upon Kenneth's description:

"Fat" eye brows: CHECK
Pale hands: CHECK
Pale neck: CHECK
Small belt buckle: CHECK
COO#1: CHECK

This seems to be a similar type of figure as you posted, Kenneth. Very Happy

BTW: The MOC Han Solo on www.starwarsspanishstuff.info shares many of the same characteristics ("fat" eye brows, pale hands, pale neck). Only the belt buckle seems bigger here.

EDIT: Some incoming information from Wolff:

The figure on this 37C card is a PBP Han (not a POCH Han). Only the PBP Han has big beltbuckle!!

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Hansolo_esb37-41b_2

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Kenneth_B wrote:
Another figure which is not yet present in Wolff's Poch guide is Dengar. Here is a sample, which could either be 100 % Poch or mixed up? I have found two identical samples in Spain, which both have this "double" MIHK coo. This could indicate, that this Dengar figure has mixed up Kenner/Poch limbs, which is however not certain at all. This could also be one Poch Dengar variant out of two or more?

Here are some pics (please notice the "acne" face)

Poch Dengar

Poch Dengar

Poch Dengar

Poch Dengar

Poch Dengar

The other sample has more obvious meltmarks in the butt area. Any opinions guys?

I have one Dengar figure which came from Spain.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6959

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6960

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6963

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6961

Comparison pics were made with a Kenner Dengar having the same COO (COO#1). The Spanish figure is on the right in all pics.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6964

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6965

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6967

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6966

Compared to a Kenner figure, the Dengar from Spain has:

- A greenish yellow instead of flesh colour face
- Light instead of dark purple paint on body and limbs
- Small instead of big purple "dots" on the head bandage
- Darker reddish brown backpack
- A damaged COO mould on the right leg: "DE IN HONG KONG" in stead of "MADE IN HONG KONG". The same can be seen on Kenneth's mixed up figure (see Kenneth's pic below).
- Typical POCH imperfections: meltmarks (at the bottom), crack (at the bottom).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 8252856370_bf2d21e964_z
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:46 am

@Dr Dengar....another POCH Han Solo, given vampire make-over?

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 MH8Ns

Note the large belt buckle like yours, this itemis currently up for sale on the net.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:06 am

I received a new Boba Fett from a Spanish childhood collection (so it is not the figure which was for sale on ebay or RS recently). The figure looks very similar to another Fett from Spain, which was posted before, but is in much better condition.

To streamline the discussion, allow me to repeat some previous posts. Hope I don't bother you, otherwise just skipp them. Very Happy

Dr Dengar wrote:
Interesting, thanks for sharing here!

I might have a similar "Bubble" Fett. I made some comparison pics with a Kenner figure having the same COO #2.

"Bubble" Fett is on the right in the pics.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6255

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6258

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6257

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6256

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6261

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6259

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6264

Differences compared to the Kenner figure:

• Lighter green paint on the chest armour
  • A bit brighter red wrist armour
  • Lighter brown belt
  • Left pouch unpainted, no paint residue to be seen (factory error?)
  • More vibrant red rocket, it can be moved out about 1 mm (probably an artefact because a kid tried to get it out)
  • Small deformation where the rocket tips starts (see close-up)
  • Big meltmarks at the back of the rocket holder. I wonder whether these are factory made. Maybe just some evil little girl who tried to iron her brother's poor Boba once. Cool
  • Little “bubbles” in the plastic (not paint!!) at the top of the right leg (at the back)
  • Did I miss anything?

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Dia132

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Dia133

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Dia134

I bought this figure from a Spanish seller.

Are there more examples of this Fett around in collections....

Dr Dengar wrote:

So my best guess at the moment is that these bubbles are not a POCH characteristic.
As AJ already mentioned, these small bubbles just seem to occur sometimes on random places on the limbs. Maybe it has something to do with the process conditions when the limbs were cast? (type of plastic used, cooling off too slow/fast?,....)

Sofar the bubbles seem to be linked with COO #2, I have no clue why? :scratch:

Any other thoughts?

Anyway, we probably will have to look for other traits (meltmarks, painting, welding cracks) when looking for a POCH Boba fett. To be continued....

orangpendek wrote:

In the injection molding process bubbles form when the injection temperature is too high, when there's too much moisture in the material or when the cooling rate isn't uniform .
Melt marks or "ejector marks" can appear when the ejection force is set too high or by removing the part from the mold before it has properly cooled down. Dropping it on a surface while still hot or using a tool to remove the part from the mold will leave a mark.
Looks like where ever the bubble fett was produced they had some problems finding the correct setting for their injection molding machine.
This is not the only figure where production flaws match up with a certain coo, to this day every discolored jawa i have seen has a#1 or #2 coo and i can only find them in 2 countries.
I got my fett from a seller in holland, crealkilla and pattejan got theirs in the Uk and Dr. D found his in Spain, has anybody got an example from the US or is this a strictly european production flaw?

Dr Dengar wrote:
crealkilla wrote:

So is there 2 version for POCH Fett out there :scratch:

I simply don't know, I wish I did.

The reason to set up this thread was to get a better understanding of POCH/PBP figures with the help of community input. Right now we are still lacking behind. Don't worry we will catch up. Very Happy

I posted pics of a Fett with a small (c) HK COO two weeks ago. I thought he might be POCH, cause of the colour differences, some marks, and small bubbles. From the posted pics of other "Bubble Fetts" we learned that at least these bubbles are not POCH characteristics. But maybe the other characteristics (colour scheme, melt marks) still are. We make small baby steps here, but that's OK, nobody is in a hurry.

I expect to receive a similar “Bubble Fet” from Spain in my mail box within the next few days. He has clear melt marks on the back, bubbles and a very sloppy paint job. I will compare him to my other, maybe we can draw some conclusions from it and make one more little step.

I also saw the POCH Fett on ebay. I hadn’t noticed it had the big (c) HK COO, till you mentioned so. So who knows maybe there are indeed two Fett POCHs are around? The differences to a Kenner Fett seem to be very subtle here.

In the pictures below you see from left to right:
  • Kenner Boba Fett, COO #2
  • Boba Fett #1 from Spain, COO #2
  • Boba Fett #2 from Spain, COO #2

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_7000
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6997
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6996
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6995
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6994
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6993

The two Fetts from Spain share similar characteristics compared to the Kenner Fett:

• Visor: Brighter red
  • Chest armour: Lighter green. EDIT: This is the most obvious difference when holding the figures in hand. Difficult to grasp by camera however.
  • Right wrist armour: Brighter red
  • Left wrist armour, shoulder armour, knee armour: lighter orange
  • Left and right belt pouches: Glossy and darker brown. Note: Fett#1 has the left pouch unpainted, probably a paint error.
  • Backpack: Lighter purple paint used.
  • Sloppy paint job, with spots of yellow and purple paint at different positions

Interestingly Spanish Fetts #1 and #2 (so the middle and right figure) were painted using the same spray masks, indicating they were produced in the same factory. You can see this very well when looking at the right belt pouch. The brown paint residues crossing the border of the pouches at the bottom are almost the same in extent and shape.

Further non paint characteristics for the Fetts from Spain:

• #1, #2:Small bubbles at the back of the legs
  • #1: Small deformation where the rocket tips starts (see close-up)
  • #1: Big meltmarks at the back of the rocket holder. Still wondering whether these are factory made.
  • #2: Meltmarks at some psotions, for instance at the bottom right and left corners of the backpack (close to the two "screw" like elements, just below where the purple starts), at the far bottom of the backpack (the two "connector pins"), at the back close to the left shoulder.
  • #2: Plastic extrusions at the bottom of the feet

So IMO definitely some different paint applications here compared to a Kenner Fett.
In addition some plastic characteristics which you happen to see often with POCH figure. I do not count the bubbles, as they show up at non Spanish figures with COO #2 as well, as shown earlier by pics from other members in this thread.

Might we looking at two POCH Fetts here?

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 am

Just a few pics of Vaders, obtained from two Spanish childhood collections.

All have “GMFGI 1977 Hong Kong” COOs, with small differences, probably all belonging to the same COO family (and thus cast from the same type of steel mould).
I forgot to take pics of the COOs.

From left to right:

#1 Kenner (Reference)

#2 Figure from Spain.
- Cape is made of unique material, soft feeling, no zipping sound.
- Meltmarks
- Plastic extrusion at the bottom
- Break point at the back of the helmet (don’t know if this means something, probably this can happen with Kenner figures as well?)

#3 Figure from Spain,
- Having cape with look and feel of regular Kenner cape.
- Meltmarks
- Plastic extrusion at the bottom
- Different paint apps on the chest plate, with a different red paint!! (might this be unique compared to Kenner figures?)

#4 Figure from Spain
- Having cape with look and feel of regular Kenner cape.
- Meltmarks,
- Break point at the back of the helmet (see remark above)
-
#5 Figure from Spain
- Came without a cape
- Meltmarks
- Head is glued

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_7007
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_7001
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_7004
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_7002

Note that all the Vaders from Spain have their heads slightly tilted compared to the Kenner version.

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:25 pm

While there is vader discussion going on i thought i'd add this little known spanish vader variant and my thoughts on him.

Those old skool variant collectors that are around will remember Uli's cool little pbp guide he did a few years ago. Now, in it, he showed
a spanish vader with unique coo that he had managed to find three examples of only in spain and believed it to be an unconfirmed
pbp variant.

Now, in the many years of having many many vader coo's pass through my hands i have never found or seen an identical coo to
Uli's example until recently, i managed to get one in a spanish lot with other pbp figures.

Check out the pictures - the coo is totally unique. The 'H' remains and the rest is blobbed out, NOT scarred out like other vader coo's.

The cape has the little factory 'cut' or 'step' in it like other no coo spanish and european vaders. The saber is more orange in colour like
others i have seen on spanish figures also.

Tell me if anyone else also has this vader coo and moreso was it acquired in spain.

Now i have one in hand to compare to Uli's example i truly beleive in a unique to pbp variant and not found anywhere else.

Tell me what you think...

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 CIMG0743_zps6fb65218
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 CIMG0747_zpscda044ceTHE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 CIMG0748_zpsd89ef8b5
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:33 am

I've not knowingly bought any POCH/PBP Vaders, but I had a look through my loose variants (all purchased in he UK).
I have two with the ejector pin marks on the back of the Helmet.
[img]THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Dscn5832[/img]
The figure on the left has a slightly softer cape (but not as soft as my 'Made In Taiwan' example) which does not 'zip'. The cape also has square cut corners and is shorter. The head of the figure is made of a glossier plastic & is poorly cast with creases & a little bit of excess flashing.
The one on the right has a Kenner cape and saber & I believe the figure is also Kenner.

Head shots of figure on the left.
[img]THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Dscn5838[/img]
[img]THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Dscn5839[/img]

Kenner cape on the right.
[img]THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Dscn5835[/img]

COO for figure on the left.
[img]THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Dscn5836[/img]

COO for figure on the right.
[img]THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Dscn5837[/img]

How does the one on the left compare to your 'Spanish' examples Marco?

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting!

Can you make some pics of the figure without the cape pls?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 5:47 am

They haven't come out as well as I would have liked, but here are some extra pics of the vader with the poorly molded head.
[img]THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Dscn5910[/img]
[img]THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Dscn5911[/img]

Close up of chest paint. The buttons each side of the belt buckle are less detailed than my other Vaders.
[img]THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Dscn5912[/img]

EDIT: If it is of interest / relevance, I have found a Vader with the same coo as the one posted above, but the head & body were cast from a different mold (no ejector pin mark on helmet & no defined buttocks). The plastic it's made from is less glossy, like a 'standard' Kenner figure. I can try & take comparrison pics. if it helps?

Also, is the tilt to the head that you have observed caused by some extra plastic on one side of the neck (visible from the back)?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:09 am

Thanks a lot of your pics, Steve! Very Happy

Let me make some additional pics next weekend.

Alos, who can help Lee with his question?

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:45 am

I like to show you an Yoda bought from a Spanish collector. The figure has COO#3 but looks different from Kenner and Ledy figures having this COO#3.

The Kenner COO#3 figure has an brownish green (olive) head (due to discolouration) and dark green paint on arms and feet.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4685-yoda-brownish-green-head-transformant-with-hong-kong-coo3

The Ledy COO#3 has normal green skin tone and orange pupils.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p720-the-lili-ledy-discussion-thread#Yoda

This Spanish Yoda however has an apple green skin. Similar like the Yoda which was released on US POTF cards. These US figures have COO#2 though.

Please have a look at the pics below:

Apple Green Yodas. From left to right: COO #2 (Kenner), COO #3 (from Spain), COO #2 (Kenner).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6389-1

Apple Green Yodas. From left to right: COO #2 (Kenner), COO #3 (from Spain), COO #2 (Kenner).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6392

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6391-1

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6390

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6394

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6396

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 IMG_6408

Apple Green Yoda: COO #3 (from Spain).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Th_IMG_6407THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Th_IMG_6406THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Th_IMG_6405THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Th_IMG_6403THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Th_IMG_6402THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Th_IMG_6401THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Th_IMG_6400THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Th_IMG_6399-1THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Th_IMG_6398THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Th_IMG_6397-1

Apple Green Yoda: COO #3 (from Spain).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Dia1-4

To me it seems that the combination of this apple green skin with this COO (i.e. COO#3) is unique for this Spanish figure. (The apple green POTF Yodas have COO#2).

Besides the figure has some poor quality charactersitics which we also encounter a lot on POCH figures (see pic):

• Bad sonic welding
  • Plastic extrusions (ear, bottom)
  • Melt marks

I didn't have a close look at the accessories. I included a pic of the cane, belt, and snake. I forgot to take a pic of the cape, but at first glance I see nothing special about it.

Interestingly, this figure has belt strings which are divergent instead of close together. Not what you would expect for a steelmould with COO#3. I discussed this with Wolff and we both agreed this figure must have a mixed welded torso, with a back and front originating from different moulds.

This mixing up of parts from different moulds resulting in hybrid figures is not uncommon for POCH figures.

So what do you think, taking all toghether (unique paint apps, poor quality characteristics, mixed torso, Spanish origin), could this be a POCH Yoda?
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:31 am

Hi guys, looking for some help with 2 Darth Vaders i have. I have always considered both to be factory error/defect figures, but have i been reading this discussion and realised that both the figures have many similarities to the Vaders being discused here. Can you guys have a look through the album below and let me know what you think. Poor molded head, cracked torso, no definition to belt buttons, head tilted forward, excess flashing, poor sonic welding, COO and capes match the description cantina_patron gave on his capes. Are these PBP/POCH Vaders?

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 P1130037

Have a look through the album for many more detailed photos of both these Vaders.
Figure on left is marked #1 and has the cracked torso, much shorter than any Vader i have seen. The torso is very out of the ordinary and looks like it has melted/shrunk.
Figure on the right is marked #2 and has a very poor molded head.

The only thing i cant see/find on these two figures is any melt marks.

https://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z461/M4K3R1/PBP%20POCH/

Thanks for any help.

Oscar.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 3:49 pm

PBP Lando Calrissian (White Smile/Brown Neck)

Both figures share the mould defect on the left shoulder (visible from rear), however COO's, spray masks, brown and black paints are different.

COO #8 (from Spain)
* Neck over painted, covers inside on collar
* Dark Grey Eyes
* Flash on right foot
* Scarred COO with "H"
* Curved spray mask on back of head
* Ears Visible
* Dark brown painted hands
* Short Dark Grey Cape (zips on one side)

COO #9 (from UK)
* Neck under painted, blue visable on right
* Black Eyes
* Scarred COO with partial "G"
* Straight spray mask on back of head
* Melt marks above belt
* Poor paint on arms (light blue?)
* Left Ear sprayed
* Light brown painted hands
* Long Light Grey Cape (zips on one side)

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 6zYSE74
From left to right: COO #8 (from Spain), COO #9 (from UK).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 K117GqD

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 ZoCvNLQ

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 YzNDXh9
Centre: COO #8 (from Spain).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 ND7aYsC
Centre: COO #9 (from UK).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 F7rgiAb

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 HxOuw6i

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 729BdgY

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 UnNycP5
Centre: COO #8 (from Spain).

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Lqizj7B

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 9Hl3WmC

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 VgKslCZ

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 ZjhNP0o
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:20 am

Thanks a lot for the detailed comparison of the two scarred out Landos.

My guess is that both figures were produced by PBP. Some of the small differences (for instance colour of the eyes and hands) might indicate batch-to-batch variations. Other small differences (ears, back of the hair) might indeed indicate different used spray masks.

I know it sounds weird, but maybe you can smell both figures. PBP figures have this typical chemical smell.

Both figures could end up on different cards, PBP or other European?

Source: http://www.starwarsspanishstuff.info
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 Lando_rotj65ofer

What do others think?

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 5:03 am

I'll wait till my cold has cleared up lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next