The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:51 pm

Yzerman, I'd just assume delete you as a member than have you hanging around here with that attitude! :emperor:
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:00 pm

dylbacca wrote:
Yzerman, I'd just assume delete you as a member than have you hanging around here with that attitude! :emperor:

lol!

No, I'll never join you. I'm a Jedi like my father before me. yoda
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:33 pm

[quote="Yzerman"]
dylbacca wrote:
\No, I'll never join you. I'm a Jedi like my father before me. yoda

So be it...............Jedi

:emperor:

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:02 pm

[quote="Darthberizing"]
Yzerman wrote:
dylbacca wrote:
\No, I'll never join you. I'm a Jedi like my father before me. yoda

So be it...............Jedi

:emperor:

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 L

-Father...Pleeeease!!!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 Huge
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:22 pm

YO MAMA fight!!!!!!!

Seriously, I think if you wanna bail from RS for a while/ever, just bail. Not fair on people who do want to stay there if you ask me. Philip has made it pretty clear where he stands on things. I think it is rooted also how he has been coming down so hard. I would of liked to have thought he could of been a bit more diplomatic about it all. It's hard enough to get some people to post pictures up as it is so this last outburst from him really has me shaking my head.
I just think if it isn't for you anymore just GTFO. Most of the members who post there are on here anyway now :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:47 pm

The hypocrisy of Phils actions are soo obvious. People have posted goodbye threads...not been banned. People are removing pics left right and center over there....no one's been banned. Just tells me he had some agenda and previous dislike of me (funny he seemed to like me just fine when he was buying modern prototypes in bulk from me a few years ago....).

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Sandcrawler72
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Sandcrawler72

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:57 am

I'm shocked about this right now... Shocked Not sure why I even defended RS actions. Seems Phil has a personal vendetta with Joe Y and he rather destroy the RS Forum than back down.

This is my first post here....Me being a long time member on RS site as Fuzz_Ball. Looks like more to come on this site.

Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:46 am

I choose to delete my pictures over at Rebelscum after Philp's threat to recover Joe's pictures. While the content in my pictures are easily found within any other collection I still felt that it was the right thing to do. I have also joined the debate on Rebelscum regarding ownership of posted pictures. If someone haven't seen the thread here is the link to it.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083095/
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:50 am

Joseph_Y wrote:
The hypocrisy of Phils actions are soo obvious. People have posted goodbye threads...not been banned. People are removing pics left right and center over there....no one's been banned. Just tells me he had some agenda and previous dislike of me (funny he seemed to like me just fine when he was buying modern prototypes in bulk from me a few years ago....).

Cheers
Joe

Yes, for an outside viewer it looks like he is taking it very personal that you decided to leave Rebelscum. He is really going out of his way to make that clear.

Joe, have you met the guy in real life?
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:37 am

And after posting on their classified, I don't think it's worth being over there at all.

I asked about a MOC C3PO, vintage blasters/pistols and looking for a Yoda walking stick. I got emails from people offering MOC C3PO's for $600! Just a little out of my budget (by about 6 times out). Another was a Solo trench coat for $400. What?

Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:23 am

And a post I found from the Phillip guy that sums it up...

Yzerman posted "PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD FORUM. This new design and interaction is pure crap. The team responsible for this new forum managed to f*** up everything."

Phillip replied quickly saying, "To be frank, I'd just as soon delete accounts from people that post in this manner.

Not only do you not comprehend the need to change the forum platform, you don't comprehend the parameters for doing so, you don't know about interaction and you lose any credibility with this kind of ridiculous attitude.

You do it again, and I will remove your account. If you can't stand it, I'd suggest you just leave on your own."

Wow whack
Back to top Go down
Eric Taylor
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Eric Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:57 am

TishomingoSith wrote:
And after posting on their classified, I don't think it's worth being over there at all.

I asked about a MOC C3PO, vintage blasters/pistols and looking for a Yoda walking stick. I got emails from people offering MOC C3PO's for $600! Just a little out of my budget (by about 6 times out). Another was a Solo trench coat for $400. What?

to be fair , you did ask for ANY moc c-3po's , which one was offered ? was it an AFA 85 12 back ?

the only solo trench coat worth that would be a banged up POTF , or it was a really good deal

WTB threads are useless for the most part . I need so few things and people are just not coming off them , or they want double ebay prices ..... as if I didn't think to look there 1st tongue
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 am

Eric Taylor wrote:
TishomingoSith wrote:

to be fair , you did ask for ANY moc c-3po's , which one was offered ? was it an AFA 85 12 back ?

the only solo trench coat worth that would be a banged up POTF , or it was a really good deal

WTB threads are useless for the most part . I need so few things and people are just not coming off them , or they want double ebay prices ..... as if I didn't think to look there 1st tongue

One was a ROTJ 3CPO, AFA 90. The other was, yes a ANH 12 back, asking almost $900. I a little over my budget. You are right, I should have been clearer in my post. Didn't know that I would get figure offers that would cost almost a grand.

Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:22 pm

TishomingoSith wrote:
And a post I found from the Phillip guy that sums it up...

Yzerman posted "PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD FORUM. This new design and interaction is pure crap. The team responsible for this new forum managed to f*** up everything."

Phillip replied quickly saying, "To be frank, I'd just as soon delete accounts from people that post in this manner.

Not only do you not comprehend the need to change the forum platform, you don't comprehend the parameters for doing so, you don't know about interaction and you lose any credibility with this kind of ridiculous attitude.

You do it again, and I will remove your account. If you can't stand it, I'd suggest you just leave on your own."

Wow whack

Yeah, well I have to admit that my statement was a bit over the line and I deserved a warning. I was pissed off when viewing the new forum which turned out to be the mobile style version. But Philip seems to start loosing it. Perhaps he is coming close to a mental breakdown? If I were the owner I would not use so harsh language towards a member and if I did I would take it in a PM. However it's a good thing that Philip is showing his true colors, showing what an asshole he really is. It looks like he can't handle the fact that such a longtime member and knowledgable person like Joe decided to not contribute to Rebelscum anymore. I think Philip paniced and now he is trying to scare members into obediance by making statement like this.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:37 pm

Yzerman wrote:

Yeah, well I have to admit that my statement was a bit over the line and I deserved a warning. I was pissed off when viewing the new forum which turned out to be the mobile style version. But Philip seems to start loosing it. Perhaps he is coming close to a mental breakdown? If I were the owner I would not use so harsh language towards a member and if I did I would take it in a PM. However it's a good thing that Philip is showing his true colors, showing what an asshole he really is. It looks like he can't handle the fact that such a longtime member and knowledgable person like Joe decided to not contribute to Rebelscum anymore. I think Philip paniced and now he is trying to scare members into obediance by making statement like this.

Maybe Phillip has turned to the Dark Side? :emperor:

You never (as a forum owner) want to run off your members! The goal is to KEEP members and those that have a following, like Joe, you have to be good at conflict resolution (my Behavioral Science background coming out!). Joe, without question, had followers. People who kept an eye out for his posts. There are those like that on every message board... you have to almost, not pamper them, but give them the benifit of the doubt more often than not. If there are problems, you do it in private (by email or PMs) and you do everything you can to fix the issue.

I would have NEVER banned him in the first place, would never cut him off from the site and then enact your nazi'sh attitude out in the open like that. It's crazy.

Like I keep saying, I ran a large board with millions of posts, you can't start being like that or the next thing you know... they go to another board or start there own and you're left standing there all alone with your dick in your hand & no one to talk to. Razz
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:52 pm

I've been reading both threads, and I'm going to stand by what I said originally - if you choose to not participate in a forum, post, or community as a whole, ... whatever, then don't. I'll read various posts here and there, and if I choose to make a comment or participate, I will - that's just where I'm at right now (personally). Without sounding like a vintage snob, or taking sides .. there have been a plethora of threads lately on other forums, that are so fucking stupid, that I actually have to read them twice, just to make sure that what I read was really THAT stupid. The most recent being something along the lines of a song ... "wouldn't it be nice" - nuff' said.

I can't speak for Joe, but for me - the picture (themselves) mean nothing. It's the what those pictures represent, the information they convey, the intangibles such as the work, dedication, and countless other things that are "made flesh" by sharing an image. It is also the complete lack of respect by anyone to reuse, copy, or for a lack of a better term, steal those images; and that says a lot to me. The instances where people/sites have done this to me, it absolutely infuriating. What gives anyone the right to steal or otherwise plagiarize 20+ years of my life's work in this hobby ? The short answer ? NO ONE DOES. If I'm fortunate enough to have LFL requesting to use an image/piece from my collection for a book, and they have to ask for me, then as far as
I'm concerned, everyone sure as hell else does as well. I don't care who you are - End of story.

Bill

~ For the record: I have never refused someone the use of a picture or an item from my collection, with credit. EVER

Last edited by sithtoys on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formatting - silly widescreen monitor :))
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:27 pm

Here are a couple of examples (I posted this on RS).... in this article, I gave permission to the Tulsa World, Daily Oklahoman, Dallas Morning News, ESPN, Sporting News and a few others to USE the image of a player I took, who passed away in a car accident (you can see the photo, which I also donated to their family, in the first image on the article I am posting). If I didn't give them permission, they would not have been allowed to use it. (I was freelancing this game, OSU vs KSU).

Vernon Grant Funeral - Tulsa World

The next one is, I was covering a political race in Tulsa for a Senate seat (won by Tom Coburn). One girl came out and said she was stearlized by Dr. Coburn (later found, she lied about it and he is still in D.C.). I was working for the A.P. with this story, they owned the rights to the photo(s) from that press conference and it ran in papers across the country... this link is from the Washington Post. (my name is Ryan Austin BTW)

Those photos Joe, are 100% yours and RS has NO RIGHT to keep them on their site or to use them in any way shape or form.
Back to top Go down
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:37 pm

sithtoys wrote:

where I'm at right now (personally). Without sounding like a vintage snob, or taking sides .. there have been a plethora of threads lately on other
forums, that are so fucking stupid, that I actually have to read them twice, just to make sure that what I read was really THAT stupid. The most
recent being something along the lines of a song ... "wouldn't it be nice" - nuff' said.

I hear ya Bill. You know, it's been happening for more than a few years now. the Vintage section of "other sites" have become largely a swath of inane, uninformative, mind numbingly stupid threads that bare no inherent value whatsoever. Sometimes I read through there and i wonder what would rot my brain faster, reading the utterly moronic drivel that goes up on a consistent basis, or a marathon of Jersey Shore.

I can see how owning and operating a site with that many lemmings running around could get frustrating. I can also comprehend how as an owner of a site like that must get frustrated at the sense of entitlement that members might have. I can even sympathize as to how difficult it must be to walk the line between collector integrity and compiling advertisers to keep the site alive. I just don't see any reason to be a dick about it. If it's that miserable, then turn it over to someone who might like it and be excited about it.

It's precisely that reason (the ever increasing amount of members who refuse to use Google to answer their most basic questions/dumbass hypotheticals, etc) that alienating the members who keep Actual Information flowing is the most short sighted and detrimental move that management can make. Making a bad situation worse by shitting on a member with long standing respect and contributions, everyone with even a shred of useful knowledge has been served notice that their expertise means fuck-all to management. So why wouldn't we move to somewhere where it's more fun and knowledge is appreciated?!? It just sucks though, cause it was a good ride up until now.

Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Yes, exactly. I hope TIG can continue to grow with more members and we have some great members here already with some excellent knowledge to different areas of Vintage collecting. JoeY for his boootleg, Bill for Vader stuff, Wolff for loose figures and I'm sure I have forgotten a lot of people. It was just examples of people with expert knowledge in different areas. I have great hopes for this site and I feel more and more that this is now my no.1 site for Star Wars vintage collecting. All the people on here is really cool and helpful with a good and positive attitude. That is not the feeling I get on Rebelscum.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:44 pm

dylbacca wrote:
sithtoys wrote:

where I'm at right now (personally). Without sounding like a vintage snob, or taking sides .. there have been a plethora of threads lately on other
forums, that are so fucking stupid, that I actually have to read them twice, just to make sure that what I read was really THAT stupid. The most
recent being something along the lines of a song ... "wouldn't it be nice" - nuff' said.

I hear ya Bill. You know, it's been happening for more than a few years now. the Vintage section of "other sites" have become largely a swath of inane, uninformative, mind numbingly stupid threads that bare no inherent value whatsoever. Sometimes I read through there and i wonder what would rot my brain faster, reading the utterly moronic drivel that goes up on a consistent basis, or a marathon of Jersey Shore.

Hear! Hear!

I couldn't have said it better myself. I've been noticing this trend for at least a few months and probably longer. Either that or I'm just getting grumpy with age. Smile

However, I am tired of the entitlement that people think they have. Even worse is the apparent encouragement to continue to do things their own way instead of doing their own leg work. I'm all for posting questions and learning things on your own time, but I would hope you've done the research before asking that question. And judging by some of the threads/posts lately, it's pretty clear that hasn't happened.

I realize it's up to us as a community to interact and keep things interesting and on topic. However, those threads seem to be quickly replaced and knocked down in favor of another VCJ thread.
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:30 pm

TishomingoSith wrote:
Yzerman wrote:

Maybe Phillip has turned to the Dark Side? :emperor:

You never (as a forum owner) want to run off your members! The goal is to KEEP members and those that have a following, like Joe, you have to be good at conflict resolution (my Behavioral Science background coming out!). Joe, without question, had followers. People who kept an eye out for his posts. There are those like that on every message board... you have to almost, not pamper them, but give them the benifit of the doubt more often than not. If there are problems, you do it in private (by email or PMs) and you do everything you can to fix the issue.

I would have NEVER banned him in the first place, would never cut him off from the site and then enact your nazi'sh attitude out in the open like that. It's crazy.

Like I keep saying, I ran a large board with millions of posts, you can't start being like that or the next thing you know... they go to another board or start there own and you're left standing there all alone with your dick in your hand & no one to talk to. Razz

well to be honest,who wants to have people talking to them if they're stood alone with thier dick in thier hands :run2:
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:34 pm

Joseph_Y wrote:
I completely agree that calm responses in this situation will serve the community much better than knee jerk reactions. That's why my open reply to Philip was as nice as it is. I'm somewhat confused at the permanent ban to be honest. It's ok for several others to post goodbye threads, but not me? I guess the real question is, what kind of community do you want to belong to? In just about every aspect of life when I've been given a "my way or the highway" ultimatum, I've always taken the highway.

Cheers
Joe

guess i better send back the pitchforks then Gam Guard

daren
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks for all the support friends. and Ryan, thanks for posting the photo info in the RS thread. It definitely seems that our little argument when you first showed up on RS has opened a huge can of worms about the problems there, that are much bigger than either of us.

People on RS are asking why I removed my photos: Since I'm permanently banned from Phill's forums I'll give the most blunt answer possible: Why would I want "my" information, being used to help Philip when he made such a dickish statement concerning my initial suspension?? It has NOTHING to do with the suspension, length of the suspension, or that it was left to stand as it was, but his comments concerning it. Had he not made that statement, I likely would have just stayed on RS and not posted a goodbye thread or removed my content(neither of which are justifiable reasons for a permanent ban, as both are done w.o consequence by other users). It had NOTHING to do with wanting to spite the community as RS is only a part of the community. I'd made many friends,and enemies on RS, as are pouring out of the woodwork (tifician, TBF, and Finest comics among them.) Finest comics is over there acting big and bold saying that he threw my attitude back in my face....bwaahahaaaaaa....I had to laugh. Easy to talk shit when I can't reply to ya' isn't it??

Cheers
Joe

PS: Daren, keep the Pitchforks...Bring them to CVI Twisted Evil

Last edited by Joseph_Y on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Not sure if anybody seen it yet, but Joes pix are back up in the limelight. I just looked and everything is there again.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next