The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Please give me your opinion on this...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Please give me your opinion on this... Empty
PostSubject: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:31 am

As some of you may have seen by now I bought an Imperial Gunner that doesn't have it's shoulder emblems. There was no mention of it in the auction description. From the picture in the auction you couldn't see that they are missing. I feel like the seller took the picture the way he did knowing they were missing. On other pics in auctions that are taken from the front view only you can't really see them. So here is a link. Should I just chalk this up to my ignorance or would I be justified in contacting the seller on this? I just feel like he did it on purpose. He says in his description "excellent paint". no mention of missing emblems. Does anyone know this guy? I'm not calling him out or trying to be pissy. I just feel duped right now. Any comments - good or bad - are welcome! Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220735416070&si=5bAL9rMyAjRoPQmdO2wDwwG5esA%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Here's what it looks like in my possession:

Please give me your opinion on this... DSC02684
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:35 am

Yeh contact him m8 it does say "The figure is in nice condition with tight limbs and excellent paint", i wouldnt be happy either, something missing like that should be mentioned, if you came to sell it you would probably be stuck with it.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:37 am

Do you think the emblems were ever on it? Might be a factory error Smile
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:48 am

Joe_O wrote:
Do you think the emblems were ever on it? Might be a factory error Smile

I considered that too Joe. I really have no way of telling. there is no sign that they were ever there. Just clean black paint...
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:50 am

If the limbs are tighter than a played with figure and there are no scrapes and damage to the figure its a safe bet they weren't there
from the factory- if the figure looks worn then its probable that they were worn down and are no longer there.

Check with Christian - http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=5&Board=vintagedisplay&Number=4008880

He might be able to help you Wink (I mean take it off your hands for his focus Razz )
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 pm

I would defo be sending that back for a refund bro for me its worth very little without the emblems.

On a side note i would have been the type of kid who scratched the emblems off when i was bored or something.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:31 pm

The limbs are tight but not unplayed with tight. The buckle also has some paint wear so it is a worn figure. I contacted him politely stating that it was missing it's emblems and that I wouldn't have bid on it had I know that. Asked for a refund. Just waiting for his reply...
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Not to be devil's advocate here, but maybe, just maybe he didn't know there were supposed to be emblems in the first place? They are pretty clean, so it could've been an honest mistake.

Not trying to justify it, but just saying that there may be another side to the story, so don't be too harsh on the guy. Very Happy

But back to the main topic, I think if anything you should see about returning the figure for a refund, or at least a partial refund if you intend to keep the figure. Just a fair bit of warning though, don't expect the seller to cover any shipping costs. I've seen way too many people get pushy over shipping costs and end up getting in a war with sellers.

It looks like with your polite response to the seller, you are taking the good approach to ironing this out. Very Happy

Good luck and keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 1:53 pm

Chris - I've been bouncing that thought around in my head since last night. Maybe he didn't know but he did know enough to state that the blaster was a repro (as well as repros on some of his other items). So I just tried to be as polite as possible. I do plan to try and return it to him but he states no returns in his auction. I got an Imperial Dignitary from him as well which he stated had small play wear on it's face (nose rub). So he was accurate there and I'm pleased with that one.

I have a feeling I'm just going to have to suck it up. But who knows until I hear back from him....
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Sounds like to seller knows his way around Vintage SW stuff, If i where you i would return it and use the money to buy another on ethat does have the emblems like it shoud.

I think this is the sellers fault.

Cheers, Dennis.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:33 pm

If you get your money back, buy a bootleg Polish Gunner. Then it don't matter what the paint looks like Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:01 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
If you get your money back, buy a bootleg Polish Gunner. Then it don't matter what the paint looks like Very Happy Razz

Yeah, I hear you there Paul.

Bad thing is that I bought a handful of last 17 figs a few weeks ago and then Joe's lot came up with more than what I ended up getting for less $$. Such is life.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Yeah but what ya gonna do. That happens to me too. I buy from a stranger and then someone I know and would rather give the money to posts an ad with the same thing for less. Such is life.

So what you're saying is that this is Joe Os fault Wink .
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:56 pm

It always pays to shop around first. Like with me, I'm buying books atm. I bid on one of the essential guides and was out bid on it. Looked around for awhile before I put another bid in and found one for less money or best offer. So to say I saved myself $6 on the deal by not bidding again and got another book with it to boot. One of the best lessons I learned quick in this hobby is not to jump on the first thing you see or you'll end up with something sub-par and not happy. Just take your time building it up bud and enjoy it, because if not, you'll get burned out fast.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:48 pm

The Imp. Gunner is notorious for paint loss on the emblems and belt buckle. It took me awhile to get one I was happy with. You'll find that after time in this hobby, you'll only buy/bid on items with good pictures and/or from sellers with great reputation.

Good luck with your return.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:56 pm

So it looks like this may turn out to have a good ending after all. Got the sellers reply:

Hello again. I'm really sorry about this. I just checked another Imperial Gunner figure and I see the emblems.

I want to make it right. I've not done a lot of selling on eBay lately, though I'm trying to get back into the swing. To return the figure, I can make a pre-paid 1st class shipping label and email you a PDF copy of it so you don't have to go to the post office, wait in line, or pay for postage. The label could be printed and the figure put in a standard envelope after being wrapped in a few layers of bubble wrap (like it was when I sent it). The figure could be dropped in any USPS mail box (or even mailed from your home). I'm on a couple of online Star Wars collecting forums and sometimes we swap around figures and parts like this.

If you are interested, I can also swap out the other figure that I've got, as well. I can take pictures of the figure and of the emblems in particular to ensure they meet your needs.

Again, I'm very sorry about my mistake. Please let me know if you are amenable to the above suggestions.

- the_star_wars_guy

So he's going to cover shipping back to him and give me the refund if his other gunner isn't up to my expectations. I think I may just take the refund though and wait out until I find something from a trusted source. I don't know this guys real name but I wonder if he is active on RS? Anyway - I'm happy for now. Will be even happier once I get that $$ back in my paypal account.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:28 am

Ah good stuff, thats a decent reply he made too, this is how it should be.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:37 am

That's cool. Nice simple reply. Above all polite. It should always be so easy. But it isn't. Glad to hear Dllas.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:41 am

Thats great news Dallas. Glad to hear the guy is willing to work with you on it and offer you a choice on how to fix it. Not many sellers on Ebay are willing to go the extra mile like that anymore. Hell, I can't even get a response back on how much shipping would be for 3 lousy books.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please give me your opinion on this...   Please give me your opinion on this... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please give me your opinion on this...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1