The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:40 am

I quietly re-arranged all my photos in my photobucket account breaking all the links on here and RS. I haven't checked RS in depth lately but I don't think I've been banned or had my limelight locked.

I took the TOS "30 days" to think about if I want them online at all or not. I think posting here is a fair compromise. People can still reference my material but unless they do so illegally it will be under my terms. I'll get em back up on here if I get some time this weekend but don't think I'll be re-adding to RS.

Hope everything is cleared up for you soon Joe. I took about a week off of religiously checking forums, eBay etc. my son loved it - he now has almost every Marvel Super Hero Squad character...I just can't kick the collecting bug!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 12:53 pm

I saw someone in a limelight thread at RS complaining that it was removed, and he didn't see the problem at all. the comment ended with that it's only to take new pictures...
Well yeah true,if it's 2 or 3 crappy pictures that you can take in 2 sec, but when it's unique, great or several 100 photos that you have actually worked hard creating and putting up it ain't the same thing.
If the stuff is also not on display but packed down and you have to unpack a large collection to take new pics, or that the stuff is just no longer available it isn't that easy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:53 pm

Just bumping this up.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:06 am

I just got an email from my lawyer this AM, saying that she got confirmation that Philip signed for the registered letter, that is the C&D. I'm already in contact with a copyright lawyer in Dallas, who's on board with filing both a civil case with damages, as well as pursuing the potential of a criminal fraud case against Wise, and Rebelscum Inc, if he chooses not to comply with the C&D.

Just figured I'd give you all a bit of an update
Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 9:29 am

If anyone hasn't seen it on Rebelscum, the thread with Joe's limelight has now been locked.

Good luck with the legal issues, Joe!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:20 am

It's so silly, really really silly that he does not remove the pictures.
Seems like he really want to make it clear to everyone what an asshole he is.

Good luck and since it's a company you should not go easy on him. This is his choice after all.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:24 am

Joe, I hope you stick it to him. I really think he is in dire need of some humility, a realization that he is not the end all, be all, figure in the Star Wars collecting community.
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:32 am

Yeah, they Locked the thread, but they should have had to delete the pics aswell now.
I hope you bring that Wise-guy down Joe, he deserves it.

Cheers, Dennis.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:15 pm

Bump, I'm sure many want to know how it goes. I for one Smile
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:41 pm

He definitely signed for the C&D and has chosen to ignore it. I've got a copyright lawyer in Dallas that is sending him a 2nd C&D, then if he ignores that(it's just common procedure to send a 2nd from what I've been told) we can proceed with the civil case.

Cheers
Joe

Last edited by Joseph_Y on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:33 pm

So the more people that view your pics, the more money you are entitled to? Then i should watch them over and over again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Don't want to make too much public just yet.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:35 pm

No don't risk anything. just don't want the thread to die away.

Quoting Albert Einstein
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
Back to top Go down
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:08 pm

I just attempted to login to RS and I received a notification that I've been permanently banned.

I have no clue why or what brought this on. Outside of a possible glitch, my guess is that my posting in this thread might have brought it on.

The only other possibility is that I did a deal on a figure over the weekend - it was a long day and I shared the image from the original sales thread in a toy thread on a forum I frequent.

Last edited by finestcomics on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Michael Ritter
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Michael Ritter

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Don't know why you were banned, I'll find out though. We've set it up in Vintage that the mods talk about it before anything like banning someone and I haven't heard a word.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Michael Mensinger
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Mike, I'm already looking into the matter. It was not one of the vintage mods that issued the ban, so I have an inquiry into an admin to find out what's going on.

- Mike
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Man, I can't wait to wear my TIG badge in a couple days. It's times like these I'm glad I was banned voluntarily. What happened to the whole "folks will be notified before they're ever banned?" Oh yeah. I think it was Phil that said that, so it doesn't mean shit.
Back to top Go down
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Michael Mensinger wrote:
Mike, I'm already looking into the matter. It was not one of the vintage mods that issued the ban, so I have an inquiry into an admin to find out what's going on.

- Mike

Thanks guys. And how I found out was after reading how MikeM helped the RS member find a Mastercraft Fett. I was going to post a mad props to Mike comment in the WTB thread, and when I logged-in I saw this:

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:26 pm

Welcome to the banned from RS club. I have the feeling that now that the fervor and risk of a mass exodus from my high profile banning is over, that he'll be handing out bans with more regularity for just his own ego and enjoyment.

So I take it that you'll be posting over here more often....LOL
Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:11 pm

DarthTad wrote:
Man, I can't wait to wear my TIG badge in a couple days.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Now THAT's what I like to hear!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:34 pm

Well done Tad. Hopefully you'll see many others too!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 5:17 am

finestcomics wrote:
Michael Mensinger wrote:

- Mike

Thanks guys. And how I found out was after reading how MikeM helped the RS member find a Mastercraft Fett. I was going to post a mad props to Mike comment in the WTB thread, and when I logged-in I saw this:

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

There probably is no reason, the mad king just felt like it probably.

Quote :
8. MODIFICATION AND TERMINATION OF SERVICE
The Domain reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part of it) with or without notice. You agree that the Domain shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. You agree that the Domain, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part of it) or ability to use the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason or for no reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use, or for violating the letter or the spirit of this Agreement. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service may be immediate and without prior notice. You further agree that the Domain shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your use or ability to access the Service and that The Domain shall not be required to delete or otherwise remove accounts or Content at any time. The Domain reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary with respect to your user account and ability to use the Service.
Back to top Go down
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:48 am

I received an email explaining that my IP matched another account that was banned on the same day. I'm not even sure how that happens but that's the reason.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:00 am

finestcomics wrote:
I received an email explaining that my IP matched another account that was banned on the same day. I'm not even sure how that happens but that's the reason.

IPs change a lot, usually when you restart your router or computer. Banning IP addresses isn't a good way in my opinion since if the new IP you get is banned it will look like your banned as well.
No idea how it happened to you unless they banned an IP range. Which have happened to me as well.

I guess you can try renew the IP if it have not resolved yet.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:40 pm

I looked last night and finest isnt banned now. Guess they seen the error of their ways and re-instated him.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.   Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion. - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Lawyers in the house? Need a copyright opinion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17