The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Hungarian bootleg thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 1:06 am

hi,

the typo is just different. the 'new' ones have a different distance and are less bold.
There are too many red signs for me:
- extremely easy to fake, could be done in 30 minutes
- different typo
- different cardboard,right?
- different colours?
- different böistets (higher)
- include questionable figures, mostly cheaper uncomplete ones, right?
- started to pop up just recently- more than 20- 25 years after the known examples were produced

sure, you never know but these days i wouldnt trust these at all. You could find lots of reasons why it wiuld make sense to fake them this way but the arguments why tjey would be real could be more like wishful thinking unless there is any proof or history missing...thanks
Back to top Go down
jedibabu
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:05 am

Dear Mike,

Yes, cardboards vary in thickness. Most are the ones we know legit, but there are thinner as well as thicker. I have an example of the thicker card on this Chewbacca. This one is interesting due to the price written on the back.

The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 P8270110

The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 P8270111

The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 P8270112

I have checked, there are many complete figures, and all characters are available (saw on photos when offered to me), but you are right some "2nd gen" have figures which look like having been played with, ripped capes, rubbed paint loss, yellowing and many missing weapons.

Blisters on the other hand are not high, as explained they have a slight vein like texture and if you really want some difference they are cut more edgy on the corners.

And there are some really colourful ones, pink, purple, grey, gold, silverish. Very sophisticated colours. The metallic looking ones cannot be inkjet.

I cannot answer why they only turn up recently, but I have them from really different sources and in time seen them appear over the past 5 years.

Best regards,

Andras
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:45 pm

The 3 faces of Pig-Nose Yoda.

The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 Image10

The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 Image12
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Hey Andy...be happy I was out of funds....otherwise this Yoda would have been landed here Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Im happy it found a good home!!!! Congrats....sweet to see those three together!!!
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Glad you were broke Wolff! But being broke wouldn't stop me from buying a Fett or yoda I needed Smile lol

Congrats on the one you did get, nice !
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:50 am

GanjaFett wrote:
Glad you were broke Wolff! But being broke wouldn't stop me from buying a Fett or yoda I needed Smile lol

Congrats on the one you did get, nice !

Thanks...Im thinking of making pictures today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:06 am

cheers

The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 Mc_hungarian

Note: The Vader saber and cape are not original!

So after many years of upgrading I only need a complete Vader and a Leia balster now! Very Happy

I repeat:
1. Besides of the Vader all accessories shown are original
2. no broken fingers or other parts!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jaybird
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jaybird

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 11:33 am

Wow Those are some really nice Figures. :Drool: :Drool:
The Color on your figures are so bright.

Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
spideyseth
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:37 am

Wolff, those are real cherry figures. Congrats on obtaining them. Its been about 7 years of collecting Hungarian botlegs, and I only now have a Luke in my sites, the last figure I need.
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:40 pm

Hey guys, I was thinking of posting some pics showing the difference between vintage Hungarian Fetts and these new fakes that have been showing up lately.  What are your thoughts?  Would that be too much information for the scammers to perfect their craft?

Added some pics here...

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1097839/

Andy A
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 6:37 pm

GanjaFett wrote:
The 3 faces of Pig-Nose Yoda.

The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 Image10

The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 Image12

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO  cheers :drumroll: :drumroll: 

Im stoked to say im now the proud owner (well its on its way Smile) of a light headed pig nose like shown above by Andy on the right.

In the last 6 months about 4 have come up on ebay loose with no robe or snake, each time ive bid ive lost out, TODAY I WON  :grr: :buzzing: and for under $100 bucks, a seller was from hungry who had a few other hungarian figures up for sale too.
Its got the brown/bergundy legs and arms, darker green torso and light green head.

MY FIRST HUNGARIAN FIGURE  celebrate 

Does anybody know how common the light headed ones are, are they harder to find?

Now for the darker green head version  cheers  if anybody has one im your man..

:drumroll: :cantina: :drumroll: 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 5:36 am

Congrats  cheers ...Robert is a nice guy!! Very Happy

You should have waited till I have completed mine and bought the loose naked one from me!  Razz  Razz 

Well the one with the brown molded limbs is way more comon as the one with the green limbs painted brown! But on Hungarians most collectors do not seek for variants on those....sadly

(I do...though..:LOL)
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:07 am

wbobafett wrote:
Congrats  cheers ...Robert is a nice guy!! Very Happy

You should have waited till I have completed mine and bought the loose naked one from me!  Razz  Razz 

Well the one with the brown molded limbs is way more comon as the one with the green limbs painted brown! But on Hungarians most collectors do not seek for variants on those....sadly

(I do...though..:LOL)

Hey thanks Wolf, if youve got a dark green headed naked one, im your man Smile

I will be doing variants with the pig noses as im doing a boot yoda focus, i got a great brown google eye unart mexi from Paul, got a nice polish red arm deluxe from Daren, got a carded Russian from Gonz, heaps of mexi's, im looking for a blue and red polish delux, more mexis, anything i dont have really  cheers 
Id love to find a trem yoda  :clap: 

cheers mate
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:49 am

Hopefully you will like this:

My newest addition: ALTERNATIVE HEAD Hungarian Yoda!

The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 Img_7246a

This must be the oldest mold of all those! I have only seen three of those in all this years!!!
So IMO first came:
- green limbs brown painted NON pig nose
- green limbs brown painted pig nose
- and last: brown limbs pig nose!

Very Happy Very Happy

I am very happy finally owning one! Still need a complete brown limbs one...though!!

Wolff

Last edited by wbobafett on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Very very nice wolf, cheers  :clap:  i dont think ive seen that one before, congrats buddy, what a great addition.
When you say your looking to 'complete' your brown limbed one, i would think its damn hard to find a loose cape and string for one of these, are you just going to buy a caped one?
cheers
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:44 am

yeah...I want to buy a complete one! Its a mess with that brown limbed Yoda...everytime one comes up I have other bootleg purchase that go prior...in the same lot or the same week!!! Razz  Razz 

And the last one from Micheal_Vogt I missed.... Rolling Eyes head bang 
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 10:26 am

Hungarian overflow!!!!

I completed my Vader...and my brown haired Leia!!!  Shocked Shocked 

The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 Img_7756a

I am so damn proud of that Vader now!! I dont know...but I only know of three complete ones (with red molded saber...and of course I am talking loose)

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 5:30 pm

I mentioned it in the acquisitions thread, but it bears repeating -- they look fantastic! I especially love the Vader, that red saber makes him look so badass.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
lfantelo
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 11:42 am

That red saber... how many are known to exist, guys? I'd nearly kill (well, just nearly, not the whole way...) to get my hands on one of those...)
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:53 pm

lfantelo wrote:
That red saber... how many are known to exist, guys? I'd nearly kill (well, just nearly, not the whole way...) to get my hands on one of those...)

molded in red I know very few loose!

Most passed from collector to collector, so I would say I know about 5 loose sabers?? Well there is surely more but killing for those is the right term IMO.... lol! 
Back to top Go down
eastlosfinest
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 12:30 am

i have a figure offered to me, and i need help to determine if its a fake or not....can anyone help =/
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 2:42 am

Start with pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
eastlosfinest
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 4:53 am

The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 Image110
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 10:12 am

Fake on the right
The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 Image629

second generation confuse me , I've asked for help so may have an answer soonish.

EDIT- confirmed by Patsy as real Smile
Back to top Go down
eastlosfinest
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 11:35 am

aussiejames wrote:
Fake on the right
The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 Image629

second generation confuse me , I've asked for help so may have an answer soonish.

EDIT- confirmed by Patsy as real Smile

sooo....is the one offered to me a fake or real? lol

AND...what is the difference between 2nds gen and 1st gen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hungarian bootleg thread   The Hungarian bootleg thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hungarian bootleg thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next