The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Times of change are coming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

Times of change are coming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:14 am

i love white text on black background,makes my smartphones battery hold longer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ratherchildish
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ratherchildish

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:19 pm

White text on black bkgd works well for me too.

Also, is there a way to opt out of showing the bank of emoticons on the reply edit page? If I'm editing a post for more than 30 seconds, they invariably trigger my laptop fan to turn on. If not, could we cut back on the amount?

Lastly... John, thanks for pointing out the mobile version. That's cool! One thing I don't see - is there a way to reply to a post using the mobile version? I ain't seeing it.
Back to top Go down
http://ratherchildish.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:29 pm

ratherchildish wrote:
White text on black bkgd works well for me too.

Also, is there a way to opt out of showing the bank of emoticons on the reply edit page? If I'm editing a post for more than 30 seconds, they invariably trigger my laptop fan to turn on. If not, could we cut back on the amount?

Lastly... John, thanks for pointing out the mobile version. That's cool! One thing I don't see - is there a way to reply to a post using the mobile version? I ain't seeing it.

Pete

Jeez I show you the mobile app, and already you're not happy lol!

Sadly no go for both. The emotions just pop up, and the mobile app seems to be just a viewer. I'm checking into it though
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
A couple of members have mentioned now the background colour we use here at TIG is not easy on the eye.

What does everyone else think about the black background/white text here?

I'm with this 100%, very hard on the eyes.

I've mentioned to Chris_J during chat that (in my humble opinion) this place needs a refreshed look and feel, a repositioning of the brand. I'm not suggesting you guys reinvent the wheel (I love the TIG logo) but at least change the background color and update the overall look.

New banners with figure/playset photography, etc. A continued effort towrds projects like POTB that share knowledge/participation and a repositioning of the brand will entice new members/enthusiasts.

Thanks for everything you guys do here, it's highly valued and deeply appreciated. cheers

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:09 am

I know we are working on quite a few different ideas right now for different flavor of the week threads now. I got 2 running in my head now that will bring alot more to the table that should bring in more participation. Its just like John said, people have to want to join in. And way it looks, we havent hit that key thing that will make them want to yet. So Im hoping that the things that are being worked on will be one of those things. Personally, I would like to see them jump in on some of the active running threads now. But thats all up to them.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
ratherchildish
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ratherchildish

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:53 pm

Darthberizing wrote:

Pete

Jeez I show you the mobile app, and already you're not happy :lol!:

Sadly no go for both. The emotions just pop up, and the mobile app seems to be just a viewer. I'm checking into it though

Right? Total ingrate.

Just as a follow-up to the ForumRunner idea, I've used it now for a month or so with RS and the functionality is really nice. Well worth looking into being listed with them if it's not too taxing.

On the idea of a visual refresh of the TIG site, I'd be behind that as well. I personally believe that simplicity goes a long way on sites like this. Less is more. I was just looking at something on Charlie Rose's site this morning and was struck by how stripped down it is. Not one thing more than necessary. (BTW John, I program and design sites for a living -- if I can offer any help I'd be happy to assist.
Back to top Go down
http://ratherchildish.com
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:50 pm

Shocked white background???????????????????NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

jar jar come back you are forgiven affraid

edit: ok it was a joke thanks
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Figured I would bump this up for all the new members to add what they would like to see here.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Modern section.
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:25 pm

I find this site very easy to navigate, but the color scheme of white text on black bg is a killer on my eyes, might need to start wearing glasses again lol!
Back to top Go down
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:45 pm

I do think the site is pretty easy to surf and blk bkgd with white letters is easy on the eyes. If theres another color scheme in mind try it and weight the pro's and con's...
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:10 pm

I have red on black set up on my place and its cool. I was thinking of a lighter red though so its not so bright
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Some forums have the option for the user to switch skins, is this a possibility, or would that mean too much work?
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:17 pm

After reading the other thread, I thought I would come here and officially state my support of a modern section. I know it's taboo for some on here, but hey, we're looking for a change, right!

As far as modern collecting goes, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more people on here that actually do follow modern collecting, but are somewhat shy about it because of the flak they might get from vintage guys. Being both a modern and vintage collector, I can appreciate both. But I will also say that I stayed away from vintage for a long time because of the cost, and because of the intimidation factor some vintage collectors can put out there.

As far as some people posting about RS being taken over by "dickhead modern" collectors. I don't agree. And I'm also not calling anyone out for not liking the modern sections over on RS. There are a lot of jerks there. But it's because of who they are, not because they collect modern. Te guys here are all good guys to know and network with, so I would think the modern section on here would be much better than on RS. Good guys discussing modern makes for a good modern section. Jerks talking about modern makes for a crappy modern section.

Just my opinion. But again, I think the guys on here discussing modern would be something I would frequent.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Everybody, as you know, theres been talks about things needing changing around here. So what I would like to know from all the members, except the admins/mods/developers, is what would you like to see changed around here. This will be a new day for all of us and we want to know what should be done about making changes. Feel free to say what you feel and think. We, as the driving force here on TIG, would like to know what you, the members would like to see. As one of the developers here, its my duty to start and develop ideas on what I think everyone would like to see here. Just like re-launching the FOTW threads. I figured everybody would like to see those come back to life and the vehichle/playset and oddball of the week threads. Those are just a start of things to come here. Also some areas do need to be expanded to be up-to-date, we are trying to do that. But what we need to know is, what changes do you want us to do. Think of this as your favorite store. We are the employees here and you, the members, are the customers. Customer service is and should be #1 and come before everything else. So if theres things that you want done, let us know here in this thread. We will compile them somewhere else and work on a way to get it all kickstarted. The main goal here is to get TIG back on the map as the go-to place for vintage SW. Whether its loose, MOC, bootlegs or oddballs and everything in between. Heres your chance to speak up and let us as the TIG team know what you want to see. Thanks.

Chris

Gday Chris, look im only a greenhorn on here so i wont be giving you any advise on how to make the site better, but i will say that you really impress me that your asking the community how they would make this place better, that shows a guy that really wants to listen, and this sort of attitude is a credit to you mate, its very rare that the Admins on website do what you have, and it shows your a man of the people, down to earth n i like that alot, so keep up the great work, with an attitude like yours this place will jump ahead in leaps n bounds, cheers mate
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks. That is much appreciated. As for you being a greenhorn, it doesnt matter. If theres something you see that you would like see done or changed, your opinions matters as much as someone whos been here as long as I have. With you being new here, you'll be able to give a fresher look on what could be done. So check everything out and if anything comes to mind, dont be scared to post it here or in pm to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Times of change are coming   Times of change are coming - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Times of change are coming

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3