The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Paul - I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad a few back. If you need to chat or anything please reach out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:50 pm

Sorry for your loss mate
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Really sad to hear this Paul my thoughts are with you and your family in the coming days bro
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Man, really sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:26 am

I'm heart broken for you Paul. My thoughts are with you & your family.
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:18 am

Paul not been on for ages and just seen your post.
Really sorry to hear about your loss as I also lost my dad when he was 60 so know how you must be feeling.
Hope things become easier for you in the coming days
Tony
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:42 am

Hi everyone, thanks again for all your kind words, here's an update,
There had to be a post mortem because dad died suddenly, and they found it to be a heart attack which got him in his sleep they believe as the body and heart etc can be so relaxed in this state. So it's some comfort to believe he went as peacefully as could be. He was always out and about driving around in his car so it was lucky he wasn't behind the wheel and instead was in his comfy chair at home.
Because of the UK double bank holiday there has been backlogs for post mortems and burials, so his funeral will be this Friday.
It seems to have been such a long time now from first hearing the news. It's been a right mare trying to book flights and sort out work and child care commitments, but finally managed to book a flight in early hours of Fri morning to come back Sunday.
Be glad to get back to normal soon.
Best wishes to you all you TIGers, thanks again mates Cool
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:52 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Hi everyone, thanks again for all your kind words, here's an update,
There had to be a post mortem because dad died suddenly, and they found it to be a heart attack which got him in his sleep they believe as the body and heart etc can be so relaxed in this state. So it's some comfort to believe he went as peacefully as could be. He was always out and about driving around in his car so it was lucky he wasn't behind the wheel and instead was in his comfy chair at home.
Because of the UK double bank holiday there has been backlogs for post mortems and burials, so his funeral will be this Friday.
It seems to have been such a long time now from first hearing the news. It's been a right mare trying to book flights and sort out work and child care commitments, but finally managed to book a flight in early hours of Fri morning to come back Sunday.
Be glad to get back to normal soon.
Best wishes to you all you TIGers, thanks again mates Cool

Paul its good to hear from you buddy and know your holding up.

My thoughts are with you and your family this weekend.

If there's anything i can do just give me a shout.

Speak soon

Jay
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:30 am

Welcome back Paul. I wish you a lot of strength for the coming days.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:38 am

My thoughts will be with you Paul

Very kind regards mate,

Craigy

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Hey Paul,

Good to hear from you mate!

I wish you lots of strength during this tough period.

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Sad news buddy. I'm gonna email my dad now.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi mates,

First, I'd like to say a BIG BIG thanks for all the support and good words. Then this morning these wonderful gifts arrived for me off some of you guys! A Luke Xwing trilogo moc and a Meccano poster! I am completely blown away! That was such a nice thought and gesture, and a brilliant surprise. Thank you so much! Cool Cool Cool

It's been a real tough 3 weeks. I arrived back in France last night. Dad's funeral went went well on the Friday and there were lots of friends and family there. Was good to be able to finally get out there and support my younger bro. He's been brill.

But glad to be back now and get on with things again. Looking forward to catching up with all things TIG - a very supportive and cool community! Cool

MASSIVE thanks again everyone Smile

pics:
OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 Luke_t10
Smile

Last edited by Artoo_Detour on Mon May 16, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Then this morning these wonderful gifts arrived for me off some of you guys! A Luke Xwing trilogo moc and a Meccano poster! I am completely blown away! That was such a nice thought and gesture, and a brilliant surprise. Thank you so much! Cool Cool Cool

OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 Luke_t10
Smile

Glad to see you back on the forum Paul, it's nice to know everything went ok back home and your brother is doing well . I am so happy to see your gifts arrived safe and sound, good timing as well with you coming back yesterday!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to Pauls gift, you guys were and always are awesome people to share a hobby with- always looking out for one another! Also huge thanks to JC for not only selling me these two awesome items but for sending them out super fast as well ! Cheers JC Smile

That LXW is a real peach and I am happy it's with you Paul ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 5:57 am

Paul im really happy to see your gifts arrive safe and sound bro and very happy that you liked them Smile

Im also really please to hear your brother is doing ok as well buddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all   OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT - sad news - thanks for all the good words all

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2