The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Words Can't Express

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Words Can't Express Empty
PostSubject: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Words Can't Express Rc_art10

I simply cannot put it into words the amount of Thanks I wish to express to everyone here!

I have wrote, deleted, rewrote and deleted this post again and again, trying to find the words to say. My emotions have ranged from sadness, to happiness, to tearful joy, to sadness and pride. Other than saying Thank You from the deepest corners of my heart, words simply aren't enough.

This has been an absolute roller coaster few weeks. And I know I'm only at the beginning of it all.

I'd like to share a story with you all, that most of you have no idea about. I am a HUGE football fan (I'm talking American football here, for our brothers across the pond), and my team is the Denver Broncos. I have this love of football and the Broncos all because of my dad. I essentially grew up a Bronco fan. Dad and I went to games, even so much as having season tickets during the 90's. We would drive to Denver every Sunday (which is about an hour and a half away) to yell and scream our fool heads off. We would cheer, share a polish dog and a diet Pepsi (among other health problems, dad was also a diabetic. It was the worst part of these trips, because I can't stand the taste of Diet Pepsi, but I did it for dad) at halftime, then cheer for the rest of the game. Then afterwards, win or lose, we would head back home together just in time for a late dinner with mom.

Dad and I were fans through the good times (super bowl winning years) and through the bad. As I grew older and moved out on my own, we would call each other on Sunday's to talk about the games. Or text message throughout the game. Then we would text and call each other during the week to talk about the coming game, opponent or any news from the team.

Dad was a huge fan of Denver's latest Quaterback, Tim Tebow. He and I would text through out the off-season about hoping that he would start the season this year. Then when Tim Tebow finally took the starting job midway through this season, we were both extremely excited. Tebow has gone 7-1 as a starter for the Broncos. And most of those have been thrilling come from behind wins. One such win was the Sunday after Thanksgiving... in Overtime, against one of the teams bitter rivals, the San Diego Chargers. Dad and I texted throughout that whole game. Talking about the plays and how exciting the finish was. We both went nuts when Denver kicked the final field goal to win the game! Then, that night, we texted each other to relive those moments. Then at 9:00 that night I got a text from my dad saying "have you calmed down from the game yet?" To which I replied "nope, not yet. Have you?" and he replied "nope, but I'm loving every minute of it!"

That was the last time I talked to dad. The next day he passed away.

I tell you this story not as one of sadness, but as one of happiness. See, dad died in his sleep that night after the game. And I know he went to bed a happy man. I know it may seem trivial to some of you, but this was a huge part of who we are and who I am as a person, and I have my dad to thank for it. So as my fingers quake and tremble as I write this, I wanted you all to know some of the person that my dad was. He was a great man and meant the world to me. And I know for a fact that he is watching down over me and Aimee right now, not sad, but happy for the times we shared. I also know that he now has the best seats in the house to watch his favorite team.

I'm slowly getting back on my feet and I have you guys to thank for that. You guys have been absolutely incredible! And I cannot thank you enough for the support, kindness and compassion that you all have sent me over these difficult few weeks. I promise to be around more often, but please be patient with me as it's still kind of difficult to talk about it all.

Again, guys, thank you so much for everything. I couldn't do this with out you all.

All the best,
Chris
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:55 pm

*hugpat*
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Not sure what and how to write here, but I can totally feel ya. My dad and I share the same hobby (just football from the other side of the pond).

All the best Chris! We all hope you get back on track soon (and of course Aimee too)!

*Hug*

Best wishes

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi Chris,

That's a beautiful story. I actually felt my eyes start to well up.

I know what you mean. My Dad and I have a similar bond through (UK) Football.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

-J
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Hey Chris,

Sari and I are thinking of you and Aimee every day.

Big hug for you guys.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:11 pm

I know what you mean about the bond with your farther, I have a very similar one with mine only its motorsport not football.
Just keep thinking of the good times at the games with your old man and keep on fighting.
Once again thinking of you and have a *Hug*

Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:16 pm

Glad to hear your dad punched his ticket in a peaceful manor & in a fitting mood to check out in, it must be a great comfort knowing that Chris, I know we do not know each other that well, but anything you need at this troubling time, I'm here Wink

Hope that this major transition will become easier with the passing of time for you & your partner, my thoughts are with you.
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:19 pm

[quote="RebelChris"]Words Can't Express Rc_art10
And I know for a fact that he is watching down over me and Aimee right now, not sad, but happy for the times we shared. I also know that he now has the best seats in the house to watch his favorite team.
[/quot

I know am still new at this forum but i like to

Pay my respect. to you Chris and Aimee

much love and respect to both of you .starwizz

Last edited by starwizz on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:29 pm

That was tough to read with tears streaming down my face. My dad & I were not that close & when he died it broke me. I still can't imagine how much pain you're going through now. I (we) just hope you find the strength to soldier on Smile
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Sorry for your loss. After reading this, I no longer care that my Bears lost last week. That doesn't matter!

Joe
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:00 pm

Hey Chris, great story m8. It brought back a lot of memories of the good times i spent with my dad before he passed a few years ago. I know they're both in a better place looking out for us.
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story, my thoughts and prayers are with you both.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:03 am

I lost my Dad recently. I'm very sorry. Difficult to go through this alone, but you are not...
Stay strong, -Steve
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 1:24 am

Chris, all the best man. There's really nothing I can say to help, but know that all of us are tinkling about you guys.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:31 pm

Words which do not fail to impress!!

I wish you both much strength and support to carry on in this difficult period.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:52 pm

My Dad lives for football (east of the pond), I'm not big on sport, but we both share a love of collecting, Star Wars for me, Dinky toys for him, and Vinyl for us both. Me and my Dad had some rough times, we didn't speak for 14 years, now we're good, and the past is the past and the bond is reforming.
I lost my mum to Cancer 12 years ago, and I still think about her most days, at first it was with sadness, now it's mostly with happiness, you know, like when you do something you know she'd be proud of.
The pain never really leaves, but it does get easier chief, especially when you've got people with you, I genuinely wish you all the best through this difficult time, and my prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family this Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:11 pm

My thoughts are with you and family Chris. ANYTHING you need, let us know.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:12 pm

Chris, after reading your story last night, I was at a lose for words. I still am really. Back a couple years ago, I almost lost my dad. 15 minutes longer and I would have. I can only imagine what its like for you right now. But your story struck a cord in me and I just cant put it out there on how I felt reading it. As others have said, thanks for sharing it and if theres anything you need, we are only a pm or message away. We are here for you.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
ratherchildish
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ratherchildish

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Thank you for sharing that great story about you and your dad Chris.
Back to top Go down
http://ratherchildish.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Words Can't Express   Words Can't Express I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Words Can't Express

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1