The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:30 pm

Wow Dylan! What's to be said that hasn't already been said?? All I can add is FREAKING SWEET MAN!

What else you got hiding around??

Oh yeah - Here's my latest ugly plastic. Thank Chris!

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 DSC06656
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:28 am

Holy Cow Dylan!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thats what I call a grail piece!!! Now open the Vader and give me that lightsaber What a Face What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:12 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments.

Joe, yes, the ten pack is the one from Gallos find, sibling to those awesome carded Polish gems in your collection. Smile
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:51 pm

dylbacca wrote:
Hey guys, thanks for the compliments.

Joe, yes, the ten pack is the one from Gallos find, sibling to those awesome carded Polish gems in your collection. Smile

OK, I was gonna faint if another one popped up,especially so soon, after that one.

Great score man!
Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Actually made me laugh out loud Joe. Dont faint dude. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:49 pm

It's too easy to miss the new additions in this thread.
Fantastic group Wolff & Dylan that's one mighty fine re activation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:27 am

Fantastic grail piece, Dylan!

And welcome back! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:05 am

I haven't been around much, but I'm glad I popped in here because this thread never disappoints. Fantastic 10 pack! Just amazing. Cool

Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:14 am

Welcome back to TIG Dylan, nice entrance! Congrats on that superb bootleg set cheers
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:28 pm

gongrats on the display pack dylan :clap: glad it went to a good home!

daren
Back to top Go down
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Hey thanks guys, good to be back!
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:21 am

That ten-pack is awesome man! Very good score. Nice to see something different for a change. I can't remember if I asked Joe this before or not but are the MOC's just sitting loose in the display or are they attached/clipped to each other so they fit nice and snug?

** I'd ask on RS but I'm afraid it will get locked, lol. But I am asking a serious question though..
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:35 pm

rebojazz wrote:
That ten-pack is awesome man! Very good score. Nice to see something different for a change. I can't remember if I asked Joe this before or not but are the MOC's just sitting loose in the display or are they attached/clipped to each other so they fit nice and snug?

** I'd ask on RS but I'm afraid it will get locked, lol. But I am asking a serious question though..

They are stapled to eachother AND stapled to the top bubble that covers all the cards and bubbles end to end.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:13 pm

awesome pice dylan! am on vacation currently but wanted to add that i will be checking in here more frequently with so many friends around and rebelscum becoming @&€"&
Best, Mike
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Michael Vogt wrote:
awesome pice dylan! am on vacation currently but wanted to add that i will be checking in here more frequently with so many friends around and rebelscum becoming @&€"&
Best, Mike

Glad you're coming over to TIG Mike, but you know you can say shit on here Smile
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Wow-wow-WOW

altough i am not into Bootlegs myself i enjoy looking at them and i must admit that i am really impressed with the additions you guys made.

Note to myself: Check out this thread more frequent. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:54 pm

Well, it looks like the bootleg cult has it's own section now on TIG. Lets build this up and make it our home with lots of information and pics. !!!! celebrate
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Some newer additions to the museum:   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Gearing up to take pics to get some of the fun started, and to test out my new tripod, and try to get some continuity to my photography, I took some recent acquisition pics...enjoy

The first 2 come to me via Michael Vogt whos ability to find great stuff never ceases to amaze:

First up is a German C3PO carnival prize. When I first saw the 3PO and Chewie carnival prizes on the Archive, I believed them to be much smaller than they are. The 3Po is about 8inches tall. Truly a rare piece that I'm very glad to finally have in my collection.
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 German16

The next piece that I haven't shown off yet that came to me via Michaels help is the much sought after Hungarian Y Wing vehicle. Now believed to have been part of a young childrens line in Hungary similar to Playmobil, or Adventure People. Thanks again Mike for all the help.

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 Hungar10

And last (for now) but certainly not least is the Spanish Airgam "SuperDiabolics" Greedo knock off, which was generously given to me by Josh A. because he knew I'd been looking for one of these for a couple of years with no luck. Thank you Josh, it's most appreciated.
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 Superd10
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:55 pm

wow...congrats!! The y-wing is great!! Where have I seen one before...hmmmmmm....it was ornage I think. So there seems to be also (as always) more then one color!!

Great stuff Joe. Unbelievable you still miss some stuff!!

Cheers

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Who would of thought? I had a bootleg Joe didn't have lol!

It's gone to a good home at the museum. A better one than I could of given it. I'm going to miss the littlen green bastard...but I know it's for the best. Sad

Razz
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Damn Joe, that Spanish Greedo is the coolest thing I've never seen before! Congrats! And what an awesome dude to direct it to the collection that needed it. Way to go Josh Smile
Back to top Go down
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 am

Super Diabolic! Classic!!
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:18 am

Glad i could help out Joe.Sometimes u dont find anything for ages, then suddenly a couple of treasures turn up.
The Y-Wing was actually one of three! that the owner had. The 2nd one was identical to Joes but damaged and the third one was in beige colour with green guns on top instead of a knob. These are rare even in hungary.
The german 3-Po is pretty cool. It came with a chewbacca which I kept. These two figures are the only examples known so far and were featured on the archive a decade ago:
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 Index

I am sure that they will re-unite one day...
Never seen that greedo! very cool.

best, Mike
Back to top Go down
Mr Ledy
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Mr Ledy

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:17 pm

GanjaFett wrote:
Sorry Ozio, I meant to post some pics sooner. The credit for this uncover goes to Mike Foster, a fellow bootlegger. I don't think he's a member here, or I would let him post it. Good detective work on his part. Here you can see some POTA bootlegs with the same heads that were attached to a Vader body...

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 Photo10

Here's the pics from the auction...

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 Vaderb10
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 Vaderb11

And here's a side-by-side

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 Photo210

Hello GranjaFett, I saw your post, but I think you have an incorrect information, this kind of bootlegs even came with 3 heads and one body and some of them was sold with a single head, only you are missing the Vader head, but was not exclusive for the Matt Mason body, I saw figures sealed in a very old bag with the Ape head I will try to get that baggie to show you. the vader body is extremely rare, That kind of figures was sold in early's 80's here in Guadalajara, Mexico in a store named ciudad de bruselas

Best regards

Cristian
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:53 am

Joe seems to have one too....but that one look more like a Stromtrooper helmet?? Is that the Vader/third head you are talking about Cristian??

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 Bootleg-Vintage-loose-Vadersa

I wonder if Joe had bought the one above. the cape and the saber would hav made his one pretty much complete!

On the other hand he is maybe blocked from this sellers auctions....like me Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 31 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 31 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next