The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Ledy
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Mr Ledy

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 7:07 pm

wbobafett wrote:
Joe seems to have one too....but that one look more like a Stromtrooper helmet?? Is that the Vader/third head you are talking about Cristian??

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 Bootleg-Vintage-loose-Vadersa

I wonder if Joe had bought the one above. the cape and the saber would hav made his one pretty much complete!

On the other hand he is maybe blocked from this sellers auctions....like me Razz

Hello Wolff

This is the Vader head that I am talking, is here in this city but unfortunately not in my collection

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 30614211

And these are the Ape Vader's body in bag and loose with a stormtrooper Matt Mason body

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 100_6010

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 100_6011

Thanks

Cristian

Last edited by Mr Ledy on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:55 am

AHAR!!! Thanks a lot Cristian! +1 for this information!!

Great pictures! What a Face
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 3:23 am

I purchased this back in April and assumed it was a modern produced figure. It's great to find out it's actually much older! Sorry for the shitty iphone pic.

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 C705c14a
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Mr Ledy
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Mr Ledy

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 8:58 am

WOOW your figure is in amazing condition and definitely is not modern, congratulations.

Cristian

JesseVader08 wrote:
I purchased this back in April and assumed it was a modern produced figure. It's great to find out it's actually much older! Sorry for the shitty iphone pic.

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 C705c14a
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:04 am

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 U8hXg
my first SA Mexican, next to his Lili Ledy friend geek
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:29 am

And James, THAT is how the addiction begins....... Twisted Evil

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Mr Ledy wrote:
wbobafett wrote:
Joe seems to have one too....but that one look more like a Stromtrooper helmet?? Is that the Vader/third head you are talking about Cristian??

I wonder if Joe had bought the one above. the cape and the saber would hav made his one pretty much complete!

On the other hand he is maybe blocked from this sellers auctions....like me Razz

Hello Wolff

This is the Vader head that I am talking, is here in this city but unfortunately not in my collection

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 30614211

And these are the Ape Vader's body in bag and loose with a stormtrooper Matt Mason body

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 100_6010

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 100_6011

Thanks

Cristian

That's interesting Christian. Sorry, I must have missed your posts. It looks as though the heads and bodies of both the SW and POTA figures were all made by the same place and all were interchangeable. I wouldn't have thought that they were that old truthfully. Are the heads easily removed?

If this is truly the case, I guess I was mistaken. But, hopefully Mike Foster will post his opinion as he is much more knowledgeable about Mexicans than I.

Thanks for the information. That's what this site is all about Smile
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:11 pm

aussiejames wrote:

Cool AJ. That Vader has real good paint. I like Mexis because they're so much cheaper than other bootlegs Smile
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:08 pm

GanjaFett wrote:
aussiejames wrote:

Cool AJ. That Vader has real good paint. I like Mexis because they're so much cheaper than other bootlegs Smile

unfortunatly that's not always the case No

i have one of each of these darth chewys and darth galens and one with a proper vader head and they all came in those bags that are hard to see through.the white stomys with matt mason body that i have didn't come in those bags.thats why they look older than the darths as the bags have kept the darths clean.i can only go of what i'm told by mex collectors and what i've seen elsewhere.as far as i can say they are all vintage era. tongue

daren
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:49 pm

emperorburns wrote:

unfortunatly that's not always the case No

i have one of each of these darth chewys and darth galens and one with a proper vader head and they all came in those bags that are hard to see through.the white stomys with matt mason body that i have didn't come in those bags.thats why they look older than the darths as the bags have kept the darths clean.i can only go of what i'm told by mex collectors and what i've seen elsewhere.as far as i can say they are all vintage era. tongue

daren

So the consensus on all 3 variations, the darth, chewy, and ape head are all vintage and legitimate? I guess I'll have to buy a chewy head darth then. They do look cool. And I've never seen that stormtrooper w/ spacesuit, I just googled Matt Mason, never heard of him. I like that there's vintage bootlegs that I didn't know about. Very interesting.

So what's the deal with the stormtrooper head darth? Is that another variation? Is that a string around the neck? What's up with this one? Maybe Joe could chime in.

Who's the one in the back? I don't know the POTA characters. Is that the same head as the one in the front left but w/o paint apps?

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 Photo10
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:56 pm

The one that's from my collection, the head broke off when I dropped it, and rather than glue it, there's fun tack holding it together. Accidents happen, but with bootlegs,condition matters less than other parts of the hobby.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
rubberlike
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
rubberlike

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Here is a recent addition to my collection that I've been looking for for some time. He's in fantastic condition! I have yet to find a Polish Comic Spain bootleg R2D2. If anyone has one, please let me know!

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 P1050311
Back to top Go down
http://wencl.org
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Finally something to add! Thanks to Jason, I've got a Black Hoth Trooper with weapon!!

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 Imag1011
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Nice new additions Trevor and John.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 10:00 pm

My two new polish bootlegs that I picked up today pre-Celebration

Thank You Joe Cool

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 Polishbootlegpruneface
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:18 am

sheeeesch John...ver nice condition!!! CONGRATS!
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Glad you got some Polish Prunes Beanie. Are you working on a Prune Focus or just like their ugliness ( I mean ugly in a good way)?
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 2:16 pm

T. - Nice 3PO. I love those goofy bastards.

John - Awesome to see that in your collection! :clap:

Beanie - Super Ugly Prunes! Love that unart! He's one of my favs from the line.

I really need something new to boost my stagnant collection. Just finished paying for my fiance's wedding ring and the honeymoon so I think I can spend the rest of my ebay $$ on myself Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:57 pm

GanjaFett wrote:
Glad you got some Polish Prunes Beanie. Are you working on a Prune Focus or just like their ugliness ( I mean ugly in a good way)?

I have wanted theses for awhile. I have various focuses in Star Wars.

Mostly Klaatu and R2. Also working on Chewbacca, Prune Face and Han Hoth. Just kind of depends on what I'm feeling at the time.

I next would like to get a Polish Han Hoth and then Polish Chewbacca.

One day I would love to get an Uzay but afraid where it would lead Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Beanie wrote:

One day I would love to get an Uzay but afraid where it would lead Laughing

To a very dark place...

Nice Prunies though! Sounds like it was a nice get-together...
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:19 am

Here's a pic of my bootlegs in their new home after we moved into our house. There's alot less of them now as a bunch were sold to help cover costs with moving.

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 0012-3
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:24 am

can't beat having them displayed though geek i'm sure the collection will build up again soon enough :Drool:

daren
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:40 pm

LOL! Is that Ewok wearing one of these? The one behind the purple Leia I mean.

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 Draft_10

lol!

These guys must be rare ones, as they all have blue shoes on. :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Well here are mine since I've moved into my new place. All piled on top of each other in a big, multi colored mass. Not much room so I gotta make do with what the woman will tolerate. Good thing I greatly reduced the collection recently...

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 DSC07371

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 DSC07369
Back to top Go down
Darth Scott
New User
New User
Darth Scott

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:41 am

Man, I love those stormtroopers!

Great pics here, everybody!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 32 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 32 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next