The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:02 pm

After more research , here is another LL MOC Stormie 100%Factory sealed on a back 30 , as you can see , it doesn't have the pegholes filled. So that means that we DON'T know why some are filled and some are not.

For a second I thought that the difference was depending on the backs, but now we have two Back 30 with one filled and one that is not filled.
PIC courtesy of ackbar100
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Imagen10

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Hey Adolfo, nice contribution, where is the 'like' button !!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:33 pm

would you mind sending me one of those MOC examples, just so I can independently confirm your findings??? lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:44 am

CHEWBACCA

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Chewba10

COO guide for Chewbacca
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Chewba17

NOTE: COO #13 is shared by Lili Ledy and Kenner
The Chewie sharing the same COO as the LL version, is an European variant.

COO #13

Chewbacca COO #13: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (right).
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Chewba11

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Chewba12

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Chewba13

DIFFERENCES:

Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the LL Chewbacca
- is cast in a bit darker brown plastic.
- has smaller 'eye white' and paler blue pupil.

PAINT VARIATIONS:

Small Variations:

The Lili Ledy Chewie can be cast in different shades of brown plastic. See the pic belows. Though a bit difficult to see, the LL Chewie on the right is darker brown than the LL Chewie in the middle. Both LL Chewies are darker than their European COO brother.

Chewbacca COO #13: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (middle, right).
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Chewba14

Chewbacca COO #13: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (middle, right).
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Chewba15

ACCESSORIES

BOWCASTER:

The Ledy Chewie came with a V2 mould bowcaster. This mould was also used by Kenner. The Ledy bowcaster is cast in very black plastic which is distinct from the matt blue/black plastic that Kenner used.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Chewba16

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:01 am

ZUCKUSS

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Zuckus10

COO guide for Zuckuss
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Zuckus13

NOTE: COO #3 is shared by Lili Ledy and Kenner
The Zuckuss sharing the same COO as the LL version, was supplied via "Made in China" baggies.

REMARK: There are two versions of Zuckuss lacking a Country of Origin and having big circles on the heels. One version came with a silver belt, the other with a grey belt. When making this entry for Zuckuss in November 2010 it was not 100% clear which figure was Ledy: silver, grey, both? To get some solid answers a discussion was started and I am very happy that many TIG members contributed to this active and fun discussion (on pages 10-16). Thanks to all the shared pieces of information, proposed theories and insights, we finally reached a point to wrap up and draw some conclusions. Very Happy

COO #3

Zuckuss COO #3: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (right).
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Zuckus11

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Zuckus12

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Zuckus13

Zuckuss COO #3: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (right). Note the differences in the colour of the nose: bright vs deep red.  
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Zuckus14

Zuckuss COO #3: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (right). Note that both figures have big circles on the heels.    
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Zuckus15

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner ("Made in China" baggie) counterpart, the Lili Ledy Zuckuss has:  
- a gray instead of silver belt.
- a deep red instead of bright red nose tip.
- darker blue eyes.

REMARK: All other discussed differences, for instance subtle differences of the COO #3 and the presence or absence of dents, can not be exclusively linked to the Ledy version (see schemes below). This makes sense assuming (a copy of) the same steel mould was used.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Zuckus16
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Zuckus17
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Zuckus18

ACCESSORIES

GUN

The Ledy Zuckuss gun has the V2 mould. This mould was also used by Kenner. The differences (if any) with the Ledy V2 gun are very hard to tell. In natural daylight the Ledy guns seem dull black, whereas the Kenner guns seem more grey black. It is a very subtle difference which is impossible to catch by camera.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 ZuckussRifle_Comparison1

NOTE: There appears to be two versions of the V2 mould (2A and 2B) that only slightly differ in the relative position of mould circles (or better ejector pin marks) on the gun. The two versions are not exclusively linked to Ledy, but were probably in use by Kenner as well. A summary of the in depth discussion on the different Zuckuss guns is given below (only if you really want to know, otherwise just skip Very Happy)

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Zuckus19

SUMMARY:

• The V1 mould lacks circles no. 2 and 4.
  • Both the V2 and V3 mould have four different mould circles (numbered with white figures 1,2,3,4 in the scheme below).
  • The V2 mould has a complete circle no. 2 in contrast to the V3 mould where circle 2 is not fully round at the edge.
  • The Ledy Zuckuss gun is based upon the V2 mould and not the V3 mould (note that the TIG guide refers to the V3 mould as being Ledy, so if the theory is correct there might be need for a small change).
  • Kenner also issued a V2 gun. The differences (if any) with the Ledy V2 gun are very hard to tell. In natural daylight the Ledy guns seem dull black, whereas the Kenner guns seem more grey black. It is a very subtle difference which is impossible to catch by camera.
  • The Ledy V2 gun (and probably also the Kenner V2 gun) came in two slightly different moulds (2A and 2B) differing in the relative positions of the circles 1 and 4 (see pic above).

REMARK: Circle no. 2 can be flat or protruded in the Ledy guns. See the pic above: The gun at the top has a flat circle no. 2, whereas the bottom gun has a protruding circle. However it seems that the mould does not determine whether this circle is flat or protruding. A flat circle no. 2 can for instance be found in both the V2A and V2B moulds (see pic below). Maybe this is also the case for a protruding circle no. 2.
EDIT Nov 2013: In fact these circles are called ejector pin marks. They mark the spots where the newly injected plastic part is pushed out of the steel mould by ejector pins. Depending on the used conditions and type of plastic, the depth of the ejector pin marks may vary in height.    

Ledy Zuckuss Rifles: V2A (top), V2B (bottom).
The differences between the moulds are best observed when looking at the relative position of circle 4. Note that circle 2 is flat in both moulds.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Zuckus20

Maybe circle no. 2 got protruded sometimes by removing the freshly cast plastic gun out of its mould at a time point when the plastic was not yet hardened completely, so irrespective whether it was mould V2A or V2B. Maybe Ledy used plastics with a slightly different composition and/or applied process conditions rendering the plastic less rigid at the time point of removing the mould. This is just plain speculation off course but it would fit nicely with similar observations of small deformations on the COO of the Ledy Yoda and Gamorrean Guard.

Ledy Yoda. Note the warped ©️.
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Pbucket

Two Ledy Gamorrean Guards. Note the deformed ©️ on the right figure.
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Pbucket

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:04 am

NIKTO

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Nikto_10

COO guide Nikto
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Nikto10

NOTE: COO #1A/1B is shared by the Lili Ledy and Kenner Nikto.

COO #1A and COO #1B

The Nikto figure came with two slightly different COOs. They differ only in the relative positioning of ‘© L.F.L.’ on the leg:
-COO #1A:  ‘© L.F.L.’ shifted a bit upwards relative to #1B.
-COO #1B:  ‘© L.F.L.’ shifted a bit downwards relative to #1A.

These small COO differences do not indicate any consequent differences in paint schemes.

Nikto COO #1A: Kenner (left), Lili Ledy (right).
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Nikto_11

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Nikto_12

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Nikto_13

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Nikto_14

Two Lili Ledy Nikto figures with slightly different COO: COO #1A (left), COO #1B (right). Picture made by Uli (Idefix13).
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Nikto_15

DIFFERENCES:
Compared to his Kenner counterpart, the Lili Ledy Nikto has:
- a lighter brown face and hands.
- a lighter grey chest armour and belt buckle.
- a jacket in a different more greenish blue.
- a darker grey helmet band
- creamier white arms.

ACCESSORIES

VIBROBLADE
The LL Nikto carries a vibroblade which has the same mould as the Kenner vibroblade but is cast in dark grey instead of light grey plastic.  

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Nikto_16

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:00 am

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Warning

WARNING: VARIANTS TALK Very Happy

The Lili Ledy Squid Head and Lando came with dark grey Bespin blasters.

On page 4 and 5 of this thread there is some discussion what moulds these grey guns had?

• V1 (version with the wide grip)?
  • V5 (version with the big trigger hole)?
  • Both?

V1 mould

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 BespinBlaster_V1_Grey_LL

V5 mould

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 BespinBlaster_V5_GreyDark

Let's look at some evidence to get some answers....

1) AJ posted pics of two Lili Ledy MOCs a while ago (from Christian's collection).
From these pics, it is clear that Lando came with the V1 gun. Squid with the V5 gun.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 LLsquidgun2

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 LLsquidgun-1

2) John recently picked up a Lando MOC and provided these pictures to me. Thanks John. Very Happy
This Lando was packed with a V5 instead of a V1 gun.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 LLLandoMOCJohn

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 IMAG0519

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 IMAG0526

3) And Adolfo (Merlin) picked up a Lili Ledy Lando MOC which contained a black V1 gun.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 LLLandoMOCAdolfo

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 LLLandoMOCAdolfo_2

So based upon this info, it is safe to conclude that:
  • Lando came with a dark grey V1 or V5 gun, or a black V1 gun.
  • Squid Head came with a dark grey V5 gun.

Remaining Questions:
  • Did Lando also come with a blue V1 gun? MOC proof needed here!
  • Did Squid Head also come with the dark grey V1 gun? Also here a picture of a MOC would proof it.

Need your input here, guys!

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 8:46 am

Great thread Marco - very thorough as always.

I'm not a big Lili Ledy collector but this thread has provided some very interesting reading.

I have a question about the Lili Ledy Chewbacca variants. How much rarer is the darker brown variant in comparison to the lighter brown variant? And what kind of price difference is there?
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:55 am

Hi Lili Ledy addicts,

Here goes my input again, I have write this very simple math equation probably like 2 or 3 times, but for some reason it seems very difficult as Nobody has give me any answer...

For the last years I've been collecting Lili Ledy 100% factory sealed MOC's, and as everybody knows it's almost impossible to find one, I've noticed that in this thread everything is based in today's existing LL MOC's, as I wrote before and here goes again my question...

Questions for everybody....
How many action figures do you think Lili Ledy Produced??
How many LL 100% Factory Sealed MOC's survived to our days?

Now based in a simple equation, the numbers don't even go close to the .2% mark, SORRY, but with those kind of numbers is very difficult to state something as granted or as the real and 100% true, I have even make mistakes until I understood this simple equation and I open my mind a little bit,..... LOL!!.

Here are some questions for you based in "common" LL knowledge....
How many of you have seen a LL 100%factory sealed Removable Rocket Boba Fett MOC???... ( Please NOT RESEAL or CUSTOM)
So how do you know it goes with black or blue blaster????... Is because everybody assumes that it was as the regular LL Fett?
Another question for the same topic, How many LL 100% factory sealed Boba Fett's MOC are out there???, which is the color of the blaster???....

Here goes another question based in the last one.... (Imagine that there is only one of it's kind)
I have a LL 100% AT-ST Factory sealed MOC, without emblems in the shoulders, so if we imagine that is the only one left, that will mean that all AT-ST that have emblems in their shoulders will be custom!!!.... LOL!!.. That's funny!!!

Marco, this one is for you..... When we were disscusing Lando ,( probably like 7 or 8 months ago) I send you my pics of my LL Lando MOC (100% Factroy Sealed), but Today you still say that it only came with the grey blaster with a possibility of a blue gun,I guess that you probably forget or even better, you want to start a discussion here.... cheers ......LOL!!
Mine is not even grey or blue, but instead has a black bespin gun.. That means that if somebody has a Lando with a Black bespin gun is OK!!!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi Adolfo,

Thanks for your extended post. Much appreciated. I understand your point (at least I think I do Very Happy).

Maybe you can compare it with forecasts for democratic elections. By interviewing a defined number of voters beforehand the final results of the elections can be predicted pretty accurately, but never 100%. Question is how low can the number of interviewed voters be, to still have a reliable prediction? 1% of the total voters, 0.1%, 0.01%? I don't know, I am not a statistician. But it will depend on what you define as reliable (for instance 80%, 90%, 99% chance that the elections results are predicted correctly)

Back to Ledy and your post. A similar thing IMO. The question is how representative the small numbers of surviving Ledy MOCs are for the overall 'population' of MOCs that were once there.

Anyway, we just have to deal with the limited number of surviving MOCs and try to draw general conclusions from them. A complicated factor is Ledy's sloppy quality control, which might blur the general picture by having MOCs with wrongly packaged accessories.

merlin wrote:

Marco, this one is for you..... When we were disscusing Lando ,( probably like 7 or 8 months ago) I send you my pics of my LL Lando MOC (100% Factroy Sealed), but Today you still say that it only came with the grey blaster with a possibility of a blue gun,I guess that you probably forget or even better, you want to start a discussion here.... cheers ......LOL!!
Mine is not even grey or blue, but instead has a black bespin gun.. That means that if somebody has a Lando with a Black bespin gun is OK!!!

Second time this week, I realize I am getting old. Very Happy I remember that Lando card with black gun now, it was also posted in the Latest Purchases thread, I belief. I was under the assumption it was a wrongly packaged gun at that time. Please post your pics here again, amigo!!

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:39 pm

olisuds wrote:

I'm not a big Lili Ledy collector but this thread has provided some very interesting reading.

I have a question about the Lili Ledy Chewbacca variants. How much rarer is the darker brown variant in comparison to the lighter brown variant? And what kind of price difference is there?

Thank you Oli!!Very Happy
I am happy to hear that the thread provided some interesting reading for you.

About the darker brown Ledy Chewbacca. Mine is only a shade darker than a regular Chewie.
I haven't seen a very dark brown version yet. They are sometimes listed on ebay but I think the dark brown colour is (deliberately?) caused by some photographic artifact.

I can tell by own experience. More than a year ago I won an ebay auction for the LL Chewie shown here (pic from the original auction). I wanted it so badly cause it looked so very dark, and as a result saw myself involved into a bidding war with others, which wanted this Chewie as much as I did.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 LedyChewie

When it arrived I was a bit disappointed. It was almost as dark (or should I say light) coloured as a Kenner version. Sad

Only very recently another LL Chewie was sold for a too high price IMO. Same story I guess. High demand, low supply, and probably not as dark as it looks on the picture.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 DarkLLChewie

If anybody here on TIG has won this auction, and the colour is indeed not so dark as expected, please share some pics. So we can demystify the very dark brown Ledy Chewie and prevent others to pay too much for something which does not exist.

(if you don't like to do this in public, please PM me, and I will post the pics for you without providing a source)

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Here's my Ledy chewy, difinitely darker but not by that much, from top to bottom is left to right in the pic's

TOP ROW:
(LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977 HONGKONG(2)
(LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977 HONGKONG(2) (Darker eyes)
(LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977 HONGKONG(2) (C + 7 Bigger)
(LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977 HONGKONG(2) (Bigger HONG KONG)

BOTTO ROW:
(LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977 MADE IN TAIWAN
(LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977 MADE IN HONG KONG
(LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977, NO COO (Mexico/Ledy/)
(LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977, NO COO (remnant of HONG KONG)
(LL) G.M.F.G.I 1977, NO COO (Spain/PBP/ROTJ) (part D remaining)
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 81011026

Last edited by snaggletooth on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
Hi Adolfo,

Thanks for your extended post. Much appreciated. I understand your point (at least I think I do Very Happy).

Maybe you can compare it with forecasts for democratic elections. By interviewing a defined number of voters beforehand the final results of the elections can be predicted pretty accurately, but never 100%. Question is how low can the number of interviewed voters be, to still have a reliable prediction? 1% of the total voters, 0.1%, 0.01%? I don't know, I am not a statistician. But it will depend on what you define as reliable (for instance 80%, 90%, 99% chance that the elections results are predicted correctly)

Back to Ledy and your post. A similar thing IMO. The question is how representative the small numbers of surviving Ledy MOCs are for the overall 'population' of MOCs that were once there.

Anyway, we just have to deal with the limited number of surviving MOCs and try to draw general conclusions from them. A complicated factor is Ledy's sloppy quality control, which might blur the general picture by having MOCs with wrongly packaged accessories.

merlin wrote:

Second time this week, I realize I am getting old. Very Happy I remember that Lando card with black gun now, it was also posted in the Latest Purchases thread, I belief. I was under the assumption it was a wrongly packaged gun at that time. Please post your pics here again, amigo!!

Marco , you are right about what you right about how winners are predicted by numbers and they are most of the time right! , Sorry , I don´t know the specific names in english .

Here we have the mathematic equations for that issue:
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Desvia10
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Desvia11

Sadly , in this case we don´t know the numbers of Lili ledy actions figures produced nor the landos bespin produced , now,with the next forumla we can get the fluctuations of our results.
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Varian10

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Vairia10

Now, by general rule, if we have more (X) then a minor (D) will be needed, but the if we have a few (x) more (D) will be needed.

Any way, we still need more equations and numbers and that gives me headaches so making long story short and our happy lives easier use your excel to get this numbers!

So here we have our questions and answers-
Total LL production ............................................... I DON´T KNOW the LL total production of action figures , Honestly , who knows ????
Total of Landos produced.......................................I DON´T KNOW how many landos were produced , Honestly , who knows ???
Total of LL MOC that have survived till our days...... HMMMmmmmm, this one looks easier , Probably around 1500 / 2000. I´m guessing but I´m sure that I´m very close to the number.
Total of LL MOC Lando Bespin............................... This one looks even easier ..... I have seen +/- 9 in pics during the last years.

So trying to respond to Marco about my Lando having a black bespin gun or and based in surving MOC LL Landos .... My result says it came with black and grey blaster, as black represents more than 10% of the surviving LL MOC´s , and for the blue will have to go to 0% as nobody have seen/ own a Lando bespin with blue gun .... so I hope somebody post a lando with Blue Bespin gun!
I guess that more for a factor that was Ledy's sloppy quality control, which might blur the general picture by having MOCs with wrongly packaged accessories, I think that the mexican (latin) way of thinking and doing things can explain more why we have so many possible variants.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 100_5126
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 100_5127

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Some picture's chewie kenner/LL

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Memo0017

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Memo0018

Last edited by starwizz on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
Hi Adolfo,

merlin wrote:

No worries Marco, You have a great eye for detail and you have contributed so much in this thread and many others to peoples learning. When you have such an eye for detail its easy to make a simple mistake or forget a minor detail Smile

You are absolutely right about the Lili Ledy quality control. At the end of the day we can only learn by the evidence we have at hand regardless of how small the sample group.

Dr Dengar wrote:
olisuds wrote:

Thank you Oli!!Very Happy
I am happy to hear that the thread provided some interesting reading for you.

About the darker brown Ledy Chewbacca. Mine is only a shade darker than a regular Chewie.
I haven't seen a very dark brown version yet. They are sometimes listed on ebay but I think the dark brown colour is (deliberately?) caused by some photographic artifact.

I can tell by own experience. More than a year ago I won an ebay auction for the LL Chewie shown here (pic from the original auction). I wanted it so badly cause it looked so very dark, and as a result saw myself involved into a bidding war with others, which wanted this Chewie as much as I did.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 LedyChewie

When it arrived I was a bit disappointed. It was almost as dark (or should I say light) coloured as a Kenner version. Sad

Only very recently another LL Chewie was sold for a too high price IMO. Same story I guess. High demand, low supply, and probably not as dark as it looks on the picture.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 DarkLLChewie

If anybody here on TIG has won this auction, and the colour is indeed not so dark as expected, please share some pics. So we can demystify the very dark brown Ledy Chewie and prevent others to pay too much for something which does not exist.

(if you don't like to do this in public, please PM me, and I will post the pics for you without providing a source)

lol! Well funny you should ask that question! I'm never embarrassed to admit my purchases in public - so it was me that won the Dark Brown LL Chewbacca Wink I know it cost me more than it was worth - it wasnt even a last minute impulse purchase. I set a snipe several days in advance and was prepared to pay that much Smile I have heard on several occasions of the Darker brown LL Chewbacca variant and was lead to believe it is quite a bit rarer. I dont buy often but when I do I like variants with very obvious differences and sometimes I pay more than its worth if I really really want something. I've been looking for a dark brown LL Chewbacca for a while but it has proved quite elusive and I have missed out on a couple of occasions. As you quite rightly say it often turns out to be the normal LL Chewbacca that just appears much darker due to the lighting in the photograph. Sergio is a very experienced and knowledgeable collector with some amazing pieces in his collection (well he use to) so I would expect his description to be correct and if he advertised it as the darker brown variant then I would hope it would be. Although I admit to thinking the Lili Ledy RR Boba Fett looked a little dubious :scratch:

To be honest I can't really tell the difference between the normal LL Chewbacca and the Kenner version, but the darker variant is quite striking to me.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 IMG_4050

I'll let you know if its the real deal when I have it in hand Smile
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:42 pm

I was going to unpack a few dozen Chewies & then realised I probably wouldn't get a decent picture Embarassed
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 SDC12143

This is the best I can do:
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 SDC12142
euro on the left next to 3 LLs. The smaller eyes to me is more of a difference than the colour of his fur.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 6:16 am

Scott, StarWizz, and AJ. Thanks for posting those pics. To me all your Ledy Chewies look a shade darker than their Kenner counterparts. Still I haven't seen a very dark brown Chewie, I mean brown like dark chocolate.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 DarkChocolate

Oli: LOL, I wasn't aware you bought that figure from Sergio, thanks for telling. Yes please let us know what you think about the colour once you got it in your hands.

Adolfo: LOL you are turning this thread into a maths class. Very Happy.
You are right if there is no surviving Lando MOC with a blue gun known, there is no proof the blue gun came with Lando. So Lando came with a grey or black Bespin gun and I should change that in Lando’s entry, unless somebody opposes with good arguments.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Here goes the LL carded Lando pics that I found so far!!
Will add more if I find more!
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Lando_1013 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Lando_1113 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Lando_1313 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Landoc1013 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Lando_12

What a great finding!!!!....LL Lando MOC with dark grey bespin gun !!... CONFIRMED!!
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Img00117

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Img00118

Last edited by merlin on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:51 pm

merlin wrote:

Now based in a simple equation, the numbers don't even go close to the .2% mark, SORRY, but with those kind of numbers is very difficult to state something as granted or as the real and 100% true, I have even make mistakes until I understood this simple equation and I open my mind a little bit,..... LOL!!.

AMEN!!!

I mean we do barely share the same opinions but in this case we are totally on the same level!

(Besides I think its less then 2% that survived...LOL)

One Moc is no proof for nothing!

But talking about that 2 different grey molded blasters I finally think I am convinced! I could finally determine the differences in color and material to Kenner (thanks Ozio) and I am finally a believer!

(Well most people do know: I didnt believed in this other mold because the blacks and blues also do only have ONE mold! Its still very curious that only the grey balster has 2 molds.....two very different molds! My perosnal guess is that the second mold was aquired for producing larger numbers= MIM times. And thats why there is mostly grey ones with that mold...just a wild guess...though....)
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:53 pm

wbobafett wrote:
merlin wrote:

AMEN!!!

I mean we do barely share the same opinions but in this case we are totally on the same level!

(Besides I think its less then 2% that survived...LOL)

One Moc is no proof for nothing!

LOL... Good that we only agree on only one thing, as I've been trying to explain this point for a very long time...
You are also right about the %, is less than 2% , as I STATED before and as you quote me, the excel equations after all the math (with aporximate numbers) , give me .2% (NOT 2%). If we use Lando as an example, that will be not even the 0.05% that survied to our days,

I have a question for you??? I don't understand you or it was a joke????, because first you say you need proof, and now for you one MOC is no proof for nothing??, Then How many will you be needing now???, for example , I only find this ones for Lando, by the way , none of them have the BLUE Bespin Blasters!!!

If anybody knows another member or non-member that owns a LL Lando C. Carded Pls feel free to post the pic (no-reseal or re-carded), as I guess we are going to need more!!

There was another Lando in Ebay like 6 months ago, I will try to get that pic as the seller send a lot of pics to a friend of mind to verify it was the real thing!
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:03 pm

Lili Ledy Lando MOC 100%Factory sealed pics updated.

Dark grey Bespin gun founded !!

So far we have the following colors of the bespin gun :
Light Grey
Dark Grey
Black

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi Adolfo,

Thanks for uploading the Lando MOC pics! Great work to unravel the truth. cheers

You mention a dark and light grey Bespin gun. That's the V1 and V5 gun, respectively?

V1 mould

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 BespinBlaster_V1_Grey_LL

V5 mould

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 BespinBlaster_V5_GreyDark

Anybody has a pic of another Lando MOC?

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:51 am

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 SDC12152
it's a bit hard to tell: but I just got the blaster closest to us & it is a very dark grey not a true black, both have the 'L' , has anyone noticed this slight colour difference? (it's probably just a plastic mix error)
I was also happy to pick up the other CCP 'version' as well Very Happy
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 SDC12153
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Hey Adolfo, nice work those Lando's pictures are great cheers

IMO for LL Bespin Lando you can have:
V1 moul cast on grey or black and V5 mould on grey.

James I've never seen that color on that type of gun, very interesting.

I want to share some info about the LL Rancor:

Same dark brown plastic tone on all parts, hands, legs, jaw and body, sometimes teeth have glossy paint, on the LL Rancor there's a very noticeable 'glue line' with a yellow tone that runs from tail to nose and between the arms and legs.
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 398734_225208894236786_100002430325347_482359_1077210001_n

There's a MIM Rancor sold in USA, made by LL and packed on Kenner's boxes I don't think there's a big difference betwen them and if there is I haven't found it yet.
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 Imageqsz

The glue line that runs from tail to nose is very noticeable, look closely and you can see the yellow color of the glue:
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 425732_222453724512303_100002430325347_476477_332781997_n

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 405727_222453647845644_100002430325347_476476_1466508216_n

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 417956_225210220903320_100002430325347_482362_917882349_n

Not LL Rancor: Hands, (Jaw in some cases) are made of a clearer brown plastic. glue line is not noticeable:
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 428970_222453144512361_100002430325347_476471_1194747024_n
Not LL Rancor: Hands, (Jaw in some cases) are made of a clearer brown plastic. glue line is not noticeable:
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 428744_222453251179017_100002430325347_476472_1735480910_n
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 403812_222453361179006_100002430325347_476473_301835335_n
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 404528_222453514512324_100002430325347_476474_1519782577_n

Not LL Rancor: Glue line it's not noticeable:
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 400134_222453621178980_100002430325347_476475_1893586516_n

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:11 am

Ozio, as always very informative Ledy info !! Very Happy

There was a recent thread discussing the Mexican origin of Rancors in some Kenner and Trilogo boxes.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3345-mim-rancor-mib-value-pics-added?highlight=rancor

Panastur wrote:

I can confirm there's 3 trilogo versions of the Rancor;

- Made in Mexico (printed on box)
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img600/4613/070sy.jpg

- Made in England sticker on MIM mention
http://80stoyshop.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=387

- Made in England (printed on box)
http://theswca.com/images-forei/trilogo-rancor-1.jpg

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 28 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next