The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
C'mon Adolfo, you are just looking for an excuse to show off your impressing line-up of ERG MOCs. Very Happy

Seriously, do the dark and light grey pikes have the V2 mould with little circles?

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 ERGStaffs

Cheers

lol! lol! lol! lol! ......... No, my friend!!! .. I was just comparing them.....LOL!!!

All the pikes present both circles like the V2 mould but IMHO the comparative chart most say that it can present different grey scales , as you can see in the pics , I can assume this happens from natural decoloration !!! ....
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:04 pm

merlin wrote:
Dr Dengar wrote:
C'mon Adolfo, you are just looking for an excuse to show off your impressing line-up of ERG MOCs. Very Happy
Seriously, do the dark and light grey pikes have the V2 mould with little circles?
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 ERGStaffs
Cheers
lol! lol! lol! lol! ......... No, my friend!!! .. I was just comparing them.....LOL!!!
All the pikes present both circles like the V2 mould but IMHO the comparative chart most say that it can present different grey scales , as you can see in the pics , I can assume this happens from natural decoloration !!! ....

Amazing set Adolfo, very, very nice cheers cheers cheers
I agree with you, I've found more light grey pikes examples that dark ones, I don't know if this is because of natural decoloration but they both exist and both are LL.

again....WOW! affraid nice ERG's
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:23 am

Just wanted to thanks Merlin and Ozio for the awesome replies. I learned something very useful. (I just found a Ledy Logray and he has that same glossy/waxy look, compared to non-Ledy variants.) That will make LL Luke Jedi a lot easier to ID for me.

I wanted to ask also, I have Rem Limbs 3PO with what looks like whit(ish) tips to his limbs (compared to the other ones I have anyway) but he has the wrong COO to be a Ledy (He has the raised bar no COO) I just wanted to clear up, are the white tips exclusive to Ledy, or is it the combination of the white tips and the correct COO that IDs him as a Ledy? (I don't think he is a Ledy, I just want to clarify if the white tis are known to exist in any other variants, or whether I'm just wrong and they just appear slightly different to the tips on my other figures, but are not like the LL ones.)

Will provide photos if it helps?

-Jeremy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:43 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

COO guide for C-3PO Removable Limbs: No. 3 and 6 are shared by Lili Ledy and Kenner.
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 C3po_r12

Compared to its Kenner counterpart, the Ledy RL C-3PO has:
- Joints with exposed creamy white/grey instead of tanned tips (due to different pigments in the plastics used to cast the figure). Note: All my Kenner figures have joints with tanned tips, and only the Ledy figure has creamy white tips. However we have to keep in mind this difference might not be consistent as different batches of coloured plastic could have been used during production of the limbs in the factories.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 Dia74

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 Dia72

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 Dia73

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 Dia80-1

The two Ledy RL C-3POs (COO #3 and #6#5) in my collection have white exposed tips.

Lili Ledy never released a RL C-3PO with the raised bar (COO #1).

@ other Ledy collectors: Please post the colour of the exposed tips and the COO of your Ledy RL C-3PO.
In this way we find out how unique this is for Ledy figures.

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:18 am

Hi guys I just want to share my 3 Paploo with you guys Very Happy

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 Sta60070
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:24 am

pomse2001 wrote:
Hi guys I just want to share my 3 Paploo with you guys Very Happy

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 Sta60070

Hay Lars, is the one on the rights belt painted like that or did they forget it :?:
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:11 am

The Belt is painted Very Happy Also see the paint on the feathers, nose, eyes and mouth Very Happy

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 Sta60071

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 Sta60072

Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:40 am

pomse2001 wrote:
The Belt is painted Very Happy Also see the paint on the feathers, nose, eyes and mouth Very Happy

Cool figs you have there, thanks for sharing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:31 am

Thank you for sharing those pics, Lars!

Clearly we see:
- two different shades of grey for the eyes,
- two different shades of pink for the feathers
- two different shades of orange for the belt

They might all be due to small variations in Ledy's production process passing through Ledy's flexible quality control.

The differences in the belt are also described here, and were labelled as true variants:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1066994/

HOWEVER, I have reason to believe that the bright orange belt is just caused by discolouration of the dark orange belt (or the other way around).
Look at the two Paploos below. The right Paploo has the dark orange belt. The left Paploo has a belt which seems to be composed of patches of the dark and bright orange belt. This is easy to spot when looking at the knife and at the back.
So to me it seems that the left Paploo is the missing link between figures having a dark and bright orange belt. For sure Lili Ledy would not apply two different colours of paints for the belt. So my verdict: discolouration. We have seen many samples before, the green limbs Chewie comes to mind.

The left Paploo has a 'transition' belt with patches of bright and dark orange. The right Paploo has the original dark orange belt.
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 IMG_5683-1

The left Paploo has a 'transition' belt with patches of bright and dark orange. The right Paploo has the original dark orange belt.
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 IMG_5685-1

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 IMG_5688-1

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 IMG_5690

What are your thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:31 am

BTW: I also suspect the dull pink feathers to be caused by discolouration of the reddish pink feathers, but I have not obtained any proof sofar.

Paploo hoods: Dull pink (left), reddish pink (right).
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 IMG_5660

Paploo hoods: Dull pink (left), reddish pink (right).
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 IMG_5663
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:52 am

Hi Scott and Marco I am happy that I could set some life to the Paploo debate again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

HOWEVER, I have reason to believe that the bright orange belt is just caused by discolouration of the dark orange belt (or the other way around).
Look at the two Paploos below. The right Paploo has the dark orange belt. The left Paploo has a belt which seems to be composed of patches of the dark and bright orange belt. This is easy to spot when looking at the knife and at the back.
So to me it seems that the left Paploo is the missing link between figures having a dark and bright orange belt. For sure Lili Ledy would not apply two different colours of paints for the belt. So my verdict: discolouration. We have seen many samples before, the green limbs Chewie comes to mind.

What are your thoughts?

Hay Marco, you could be right and I have thought about that dark belt being discolored also but I'm not sure.

Could the dark one also be the result of the paint being lightly applied? The other possibility could be that it is simply painted that way, there is a lot of Paploos out there and all where made by Ledy so could one or 2 batches of paint got mixed incorrectly at some point?

If it is down to discoloration then its only the paint that's discolored in the ones that Lars has so not the same sort of thing as the green limed chewy.

Whats the final verdict on the Taiwan Ree-yees are his dark and light boot versions discolored?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:33 pm

I've had a few Paploo figures where the scabbard of the knife is a totally different colour to the handle. I put this down to light damage as the scabbard is exposed & the handle is covered by the hood. The same applies to the belt (front mostly covered, back exposed). I had one where the lower half of the scabbard looked quite green. I have only seen colour changes to the paint, the plastic on these figures has always been perfect in colour.
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:03 pm

IMO this is the result of discolouration.

By the way a new variation added Wink

LL Squid Head Green Cape with LL Collar
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p720-lili-ledy-discussion-thread-links-to-all-figures-can-be-found-on-the-first-page-of-this-thread

I hope you like it guys, cheers.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:30 pm

I wish I had better vision for detail, I've lost a bit past half year so got to work it up. What do you think of number one? could it be ledy?
Sorry for the bad pics, I only got access to my phones camera at moment.

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 Img3020w
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 Img3018l
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 Img3019g
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:57 pm

re RL C3PO
13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 SDC12212
Ledy #3 lower

Marco there is no #6 ??
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:08 pm

@ Ozio: You made a fantastic review on the different Squidhead variations, my friend!!! '+' on your way!
The only disadvantage is that it appears that I still need one more variant (the LL brown cape version). Very Happy

Funny that Ledy used a Kenner collar for some of their capes. Well probably there was enough Kenner material laying around in the factory, as they had to produce the MIM version as well.

Dr Dengar wrote:

@ other Ledy collectors: Please post the colour of the exposed tips and the COO of your Ledy RL C-3PO.
In this way we find out how unique this is for Ledy figures.

@ AJ: Thanks for posting your pics! The exposed tips are white in your Ledy figure as well. Very Happy
Now let's wait for the contribution of all other Ledy collectors.... popcorn

aussiejames wrote:

Marco there is no #6 ??

There is. Ledy released a RL C-3PO with COO #3 and #6#5, but not COO #1 (raised bar).

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:56 pm

13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 C3po_r12
where is #6? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:15 pm

doh

I meant #5 (somehow I read it as #6).
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 pm

so #6...I mean #5 (Wink) is a smooth no COO but #1 has a distinct raised no COO - is that right? In the COO photo, #5 looks slightly raised, which makes it difficult to ID - especially in photos, if not in person...
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:02 am

b4nth4 wrote:
so #6...I mean #5 (Wink) is a smooth no COO but #1 has a distinct raised no COO - is that right? In the COO photo, #5 looks slightly raised, which makes it difficult to ID - especially in photos, if not in person...

COO #1 indeed has a raised bar
COO #5 lacks the bar. This COO can be recognized best by the 'curved' datestamp.
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:43 am

Thanks Marco - I hadn't noticed the curved datestamp before either

So thats another confirmed imposter in my current ledy lineup that needs replacing Sad Spare (complete) 3po anyone Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 4:14 am

@b4nth4: Sorry to hear that. Why you think your RL C-3PO is not a Ledy?

@Rawlin: Your Prune Face for sure has Ledy traits. Where did you buy him?
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 4:42 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

@Rawlin: Your Prune Face for sure has Ledy traits. Where did you buy him?

I bought a collection some days back where the owner claimed he had been gathering many ledy. But when I got it half the figures pictured where not there and there was what I believe custom burgundy squidhead and custom burgundy bib, instead of real ones. Also identified 77 repro weapons so far. But there was some real stuff in it though, a little unopened factory baggy with a leg in it and some more factory sold legs. I'm going to go through these some more and see if I can find anymore that could be ledy. Any help would of course be very appreciated since even if I think they are ledy I might have missed something and a confirmation is always nice.

The prune face fit in very good on being ledy, the coo is spot on, hard to take a picture of it. I noticed it first because of the color on the head. It's also in very good condition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:40 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

@b4nth4: Sorry to hear that. Why you think your RL C-3PO is not a Ledy?

Its got the raised bar COO (was never sure if #5 was raised or smooth), and has yellowish pegs on arms and legs. It was always one of the bigger question marks to my set. I'm slowly working through them and verifying which ones are ledy and which ones are evil non-ledy imposters (so far 3PO and Luke Jedi need replacing), another 15 are 100% Ledy, and the rest are still up for review...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1   13 - THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1 - Page 34 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next