The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Palitoy bubble question.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Palitoy bubble question. Empty
PostSubject: Palitoy bubble question.   Palitoy bubble question. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:38 pm

I got a question. Is it common to find a Palitoy ROTJ MOC with a yellow bubble? I know you guys had that thread about bubbles going, but I was wondering if it does happen to them. I got a chance to pick up a Palitoy Fett somewhat cheap and was wondering if I should be concerned about it. The seal does look legit all around, but the yellow bubble has me worried it could possible be a reseal. And I could see the COO mark on the Fett, it was either Made in Hong Kong or just Hong Kong by itself, the figure wasn't turned enough to tell. Any help would be appreciated on it.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy bubble question.   Palitoy bubble question. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:40 am

I think its just the tri logo bubbles that don't tend to yellow.

It Sounds ok to me, you can get a standard Hong kong fett and a tri (no coo) on palitoy card, obviously the tri fett is more expensive.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy bubble question.   Palitoy bubble question. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:51 am

Chris_J wrote:
I got a question. Is it common to find a Palitoy ROTJ MOC with a yellow bubble? I know you guys had that thread about bubbles going, but I was wondering if it does happen to them. I got a chance to pick up a Palitoy Fett somewhat cheap and was wondering if I should be concerned about it. The seal does look legit all around, but the yellow bubble has me worried it could possible be a reseal. And I could see the COO mark on the Fett, it was either Made in Hong Kong or just Hong Kong by itself, the figure wasn't turned enough to tell. Any help would be appreciated on it.

Hi Chris just picked up your PM bro but i saw you posted as well so ill answer it here Smile

First up this thread may help

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-chat-f1/palitoy-v-kenner-t1214.htm

Here is my post on yellow bubbles from that thread -

SW Kenner 99% Clear 1% Yellowed
SW Palitoy 99% Clear 1% Yellowed

ESB Kenner 70% Clear 30% Yellowed
ESB Palitoy 85% Clear 15% Yellowed

ROTJ Kenner 10% Clear 90% Yellowed
ROTJ Palitoy 70% Clear 30% Yellow

Kenner POTF 1% Clear 99% Yellowed
Palitoy Tri Logo 99% Clear 1% Yellowed

There was definitely a change in the plastics that started on the ESB wave.

By the time ROTJ MOC's were released by kenner in the US this new plastic (that we now know is prone to yellowing) was mainly used.

As Craig highlighted Palitoy used a wide mixture of bubbles for the ROTJ line. The actual European produced bubbles made at Palitoy and later the Tri Logo bubbles must have used the earlier type of plastic that stays clear.

Ive spent a lot of years studying MOC and hunting clear bubble examples and i stand by the percentages listed above.

So to answer your question by the time Palitoy got to ROTJ they were using a number of diffeent types of bubbles including, Tri Logo ones, Kenner ROTJ type bubbles that are very high risk of yellowing, and also Palitoy bubbles which were made of the same type of plastic used early in the line like the 12 backs etc so a rule approx 30% of Palitoy ROTJ Bubbles will be yellow therefore your Fett should be ok Smile

Cheers Jay

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy bubble question.   Palitoy bubble question. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks guys. I feel a whole lot better on dropping the cash on it now. Me and Josh both looked at it and was concerned about the bubble. But like we both said, where its at doesn't help any either, in a hot ass flea market. Looks like next weekend its time to save the poor guy.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palitoy bubble question.   Palitoy bubble question. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palitoy bubble question.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1