The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

question about first cards... MOC card question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

question about first cards... MOC card question Empty
PostSubject: question about first cards... MOC card question   question about first cards... MOC card question I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi Guys,

i have a question about MOC toys. I have an auction i am watching ( don't ask me cause i wont tell ) and the card looks legit and all but the punch hole is not really centered which is odd, its almost one lenght off one way or the other......

Most cards i have seen have a fairly well centered punch hole so i was wondering if anyone can give me their impressions on how "legit" the card would be to them, there is a picture of the front, the back, a good desscription which all look ok but the price seem too good to be true....... like i said i wont tell what it is... but id appreciate your toughts...

cheers!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: question about first cards... MOC card question   question about first cards... MOC card question I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 6:58 pm

The punch hole postion can vary a bit, ie. Jawa is the lightest & to hang square the position is slightly different to a heavier figure.
question about first cards... MOC card question SDC11664
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: question about first cards... MOC card question   question about first cards... MOC card question I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:11 pm

aussiejames wrote:
The punch hole postion can vary a bit, ie. Jawa is the lightest & to hang square the position is slightly different to a heavier figure.
question about first cards... MOC card question SDC11664

ok, so the holes were punched out to balance the card on the pegs....makes senses!

interesting....then i would say that the card i am looking at is indeed legit then...

cheers James!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: question about first cards... MOC card question   question about first cards... MOC card question I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:48 pm

There will also be slight production variations ie. you will see the print go to the edges of the card more so than other cards & you can have 2 'identical' cards with punch holes in very slightly different positions because the production process 30 years ago was not as accurate as the technology today.
Good luck with the auction & post up pics if you win ( or when the auction ends)
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: question about first cards... MOC card question   question about first cards... MOC card question I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:46 pm

aussiejames wrote:
There will also be slight production variations ie. you will see the print go to the edges of the card more so than other cards & you can have 2 'identical' cards with punch holes in very slightly different positions because the production process 30 years ago was not as accurate as the technology today.
Good luck with the auction & post up pics if you win ( or when the auction ends)

another quick question, if the toy is backwards ( for whatever reasons ) is it a good sign or a bad sign?

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: question about first cards... MOC card question   question about first cards... MOC card question I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:56 pm

It couldve been put in backwards during packaging. Its possible. The best way is to look at how the bubble was sealed to the card. If possible ask for close ups and see if theres a waffle pattern to the seal.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: question about first cards... MOC card question   question about first cards... MOC card question I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 4:37 pm

Chris_J wrote:
It couldve been put in backwards during packaging. Its possible. The best way is to look at how the bubble was sealed to the card. If possible ask for close ups and see if theres a waffle pattern to the seal.

I did try to check for the proverbial waffer pattern, well to be honest there are some close shots of the bubble but the pics are a bit blurry and i cannot tell if it has the waffer pattern or not...that is even difficult to see under certain angle so i cannot rely entirely on that. on this one i cannot make the pattern out...

i have asked the guy to send me more pics of the bubble to see if i can pick up on some necessary details to make judgment..... i ll see what comes out of it...if he does not send anything then i wont bother trying to get it unless i am moody at end of auction and willing to roll the dice on this...
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: question about first cards... MOC card question   question about first cards... MOC card question I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:15 pm

well i've got no reply for other pics so i am just gonna let it slide since it looks suspicious now. I bought a set of blue Topps cards instead, it was at a price that i could not let slide. Geez, ebay is gonna ruin me. Razz

i must thank the people who took the time to respond to my questions on this though. This knowledge is not lost.

Cheers Amigos!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: question about first cards... MOC card question   question about first cards... MOC card question I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:32 pm

Can you post a pix of what it is? You dont have to link the auction, just click on the pix and save them. Be alot easier to tell if its legit from a pix than a description of it. Hell, it might be legit but wont know unless we can see it.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: question about first cards... MOC card question   question about first cards... MOC card question I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:06 pm

I Pm you on that one Chris, pm me your thoughts on this one...

cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about first cards... MOC card question   question about first cards... MOC card question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question about first cards... MOC card question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1