The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low Empty
PostSubject: Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low   Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:37 pm

She's not in mint condition, card is pretty decent. A little warped like many cards that aren't $300... but what I found interesting, the bubble is low on the card... so low, it's actually 'lower' than the bottom of the card itself. I have no question this is real because the person I bought it from. She also gets 'stuck' up at the top of the bubble Smile at times. But it's a nice (as in clear) bubble that is a bit crushed at the bottom left corner.

Thoughts on the 'low' bubble? THANKS AND HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS & HANUKKAH (or whatever you celebrate!!!).

Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low 1530454_10202123831590637_1241745526_n

Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low 1486767_10202123831950646_1383925198_n

Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low 1471935_10202123832550661_1341670919_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low   Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:01 pm

I have just bought a Lando Skiff on a Palitoy card with the double stem bubble (nice on Steve, I'm buying MOC's now!) the double stem bouble is exactly the same as your Leia Boushh and it too is slightly low on the card, it even allowed for me too pop a pin under it to try and even out a slight left corner crush. Funny thing is when it arrived, Lando's head was also stuck in the gap  like yours  Razz  I had to shake him free. I'm not an MOC expert at all so I'm not sure, maybe this is common on the double stem bubbles? I'm just glad mine has price sticker residue!!!!!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low   Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Shit, just noticed, yours isn't even a double stem! just has the bit for the Gun, sorry. just looks like it had the double stem, there is a mark on the card where it looks like the second stem used to be :scratch: 
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low   Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:25 pm

General Kahn wrote:
Shit, just noticed, yours isn't even a double stem! just has the bit for the Gun, sorry. just looks like it had the double stem, there is a mark on the card where it looks like the second stem used to be :scratch: 

Do you have any photos for an example? I can take closer pics of mine. Just have to get her out of the case Smile
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low   Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Sorry chief but the moments past for decent light here so the pics are shit, you get the idea, I'll take some better ones tomorrow and edit the post.

Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low Sany1815

Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low Sany1816

Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low Sany1817

Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low Sany1818

Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low Sany1819
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low   Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:52 pm

General Kahn wrote:
Sorry chief but the moments past for decent light here so the pics are shit, you get the idea, I'll take some better ones tomorrow and edit the post.

Don't worry about more pics, I see exactly what you mean. No, she doesn't have a double. Just hangs over a bit. Interesting bubble though!

Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low   Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:25 pm

General Kahn wrote:
I have just bought a Lando Skiff on a Palitoy card with the double stem bubble (nice on Steve, I'm buying MOC's now!)

Sorry Alex, but if you made the effort to win one of my competitions... I can't be held responsible for your future collecting habits!  Twisted Evil

Going back to the topic... I've had Palitoy moc's with the overhanging bubble pass through my hands. I'll see whether I've still got one. BTW, it's nice to see you posting again!
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low   Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:50 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
General Kahn wrote:
I have just bought a Lando Skiff on a Palitoy card with the double stem bubble (nice on Steve, I'm buying MOC's now!)

Sorry Alex, but if you made the effort to win one of my competitions... I can't be held responsible for your future collecting habits!  Twisted Evil

Going back to the topic... I've had Palitoy moc's with the overhanging bubble pass through my hands. I'll see whether I've still got one. BTW, it's nice to see you posting again!

Thanks CP, I've been so busy with grad school and two jobs (one is being the GA at my college) as well as taking care of my girls... but I've slowly added some non-major MOCs (General Madine, Prune Face) and a few I think I posted that were major... POTF R2D2 pop-up saber, POTF TIG Smile and this Leia (she's not major but to my 11-year old, she's in love with her).

Since school is out things are slower, I'll be able to post more and hopefully in the next month or two add to my collection.

I started posting about a year 1/2 ago? Started out with one figure, I believe it was Darth Vader ROTJ from Berizing... and now I'm up to 30 MOCs. My favorite has to be the C-3PO (ROTJ) with removable limbs, Palitoy. But he is PERFECT. If there is ever a HIGH end grade, he would get it... no doubt. Looks like he came off the factory floor. Then I have the Star Wars case he's in signed by Anthony Daniels himself Smile Love it.

Anyway, my addiction may never end until I have my own full room full of them, or I die first.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low   Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:59 pm

Don't want to completely destroy your day, but how perfect is your removable limbs Palitoy C-3PO, it didn't originate from Toy Tony did it?  Crying or Very sad 

When you have a spare couple of years, read this and it's original SWFUK thread:

Tony Gate Incident
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low   Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 3:04 pm

@ Steve : I couldn't leave Lando on his own, saw this on ebay and thought, fuck it, it's Christmas and bought him, the next day I saw the Toy Tony story, wounded! Been collecting for 17 years and never bought an MOC finally buy one and the next pissing day the biggest scandel in collecting history happens, and my figure falls into that scandel! So glad to see the price sticker residue when it arrived  cheers 

They look nice together though chief, and I intend to stretch the mini focus further  doh 
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low   Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:57 pm

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t240-my-little-bit-of-boushh
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low   Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:07 pm

Can you post up a close up pic when you get time please:
Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low Sdc12647

probably used the double stem sealing plate to give the 'look' of a double stem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low   Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got a Palitoy Leia (Boushh) ROTJ, bubble is low

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1