The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bubble Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:31 am

I have this 21 back greedo, underneath is a close up pic off the figure in the bubble, at first glance and from this distance you'll won't notice it so no problem there.

Bubble Question Greedo1

But if you'll look upon close inspection, you notice that the top off the bubble the seal lining is out off place, like there used to be another bubble, or it was moved down or something. Wierd thing is, the lining on the card above the bubble has the seal pattern in it, i hope it's visible in the pic's, but the bubble seal does also look good to me,it has the original seal pattern. I checked the bubble all around and it does not show any evidence from beeing removed/reglued, it's fully sealed with original seal all around imo.

Here are some close up pic from the second seal line above the bubble. Like i said i have checked the bubble all around (also on the bottom inside the bubble) and i don't see the same issue with a second lining anywhere else.

What do you guys think off this?

Bubble Question Greedo2

Bubble Question Greedo3

Bubble Question Greedo4

Cheers, Dennis.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:36 am

Hey Dennis. Well like yuou said it has the glue pattern actually on the bubble border and no signs or more glue/tape so I would guess to say it's just a factory error as never seen repros with the same patterened glue as the originals. Most if not all repros are done with double sided sticky tape which is still clear but you can see it's tape.

Also to remove the original bubble without ANY damage to the cardback at all would be vertually impossible.

I'm no expert but hope this helps :-)

Ham
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:53 am

Its fine Dennis is just happened in the factory when the heat sealer was applied it must have came down slight high hense the mark /waffle pattern scortch on the card its more coomon than people realise Smile

Sweet MOC by the way hows the MOC collecting coming along i remember when you made the transition from loose to MOC do you have any group shots of your MOC's to date bro?

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:27 am

No worries, I´s fine!! ...only a factory error, I have 2 MOC´s with the same issue!!! ...
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:36 am

Im thinking.. why is he holding his gun in the hand. I cant remember that i ever seen that before.
I have seen some on Ebay , and i thougt it was recards.

But mayby it is just me ? As i remember it i the weapon was always lose or taped to the bubbel.
i can even remember i once seen a Niem Numb with 5 + blasters in the bubbel.

(Wish i had bougt that and saved it doh )

Am i way of here guys ?

Best regards

Soren
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Thanks for the input guys, this was just the first figure i recieved that looked like this, so i was a bit worried.

soren wrote:
Im thinking.. why is he holding his gun in the hand. I cant remember that i ever seen that before.

I have just googled the greedo and all pictures i came across, the figure had the gun in his hand, i don't think they loose the weapon out the hand to easily, as greedo has a pretty tight grip around it.

Many (most) SW carded figures have there weapon placed in there hand as i recall correctly?
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:27 pm

That is nice to know. As i said it might just have been me :-)

I have never seen a cardet Greedo IRL :-)

Thanks

Soren
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:48 pm

Stargeezer wrote:
Thanks for the input guys, this was just the first figure i recieved that looked like this, so i was a bit worried.

soren wrote:

I have just googled the greedo and all pictures i came across, the figure had the gun in his hand, i don't think they loose the weapon out the hand to easily, as greedo has a pretty tight grip around it.

Many (most) SW carded figures have there weapon placed in there hand as i recall correctly?

Correct Dennis 12 backs, 20 and 21 backs can have many of the figures holding the weapon in thier hands (all of the ones that can hold weapons that is)

I thing it looks awesome it wasnt until ESB releases did this practise pretty much stop.

Jay
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:10 am

Thanks for clearing that op Jay and Star. All you guys on this board got more knowledge than a library :-)

Best regards

Soren
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:52 pm

tigerham wrote:
Hey Dennis. Well like yuou said it has the glue pattern actually on the bubble border and no signs or more glue/tape so I would guess to say it's just a factory error as never seen repros with the same patterened glue as the originals. Most if not all repros are done with double sided sticky tape which is still clear but you can see it's tape.

Also to remove the original bubble without ANY damage to the cardback at all would be vertually impossible.

Ham

The pattern is being reproduced, just FYI.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:04 am

Tiefighterboy wrote:
tigerham wrote:

Ham

Yep Todd is right about 18 months ago a FFURG.COM member decide Recarding wasnt enough and found a way to replicate the waffle pattern there was quite a kick off about it on RS actually. TBH it looked good but close inspection would allow you to tell the differences of course that doesnt help when you buy items on ebay based on pictures.

If anyone has any MOC seal questions then like Dennis post them up here and we would be happy to help Smile

Also remember many lines Tri Logo, many Palitoys, Clipper, Mecanno etc etc did not have the waffle pattern its not a hard and fast rule at all.

tigerham wrote:

This isnt correct bro many bubbles have been taken off the card almost perfectly some by scammers and sometimes bubbles have just fallen off totally clean as the original seal was done poorly in fact thats quite common with some foriegn MOC particually Top Toys.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:49 pm

Feel free to ask me...I am a former scam artist.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:50 pm

Tiefighterboy wrote:
Laughing artist formerly known as prince or symbol lol!
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:04 am

aussiejames wrote:
Tiefighterboy wrote:
Laughing artist formerly known as prince or symbol lol!

Well I do have a pair of leather pants with no ass in them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:21 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
Tiefighterboy wrote:
tigerham wrote:

Ham

Yep Todd is right about 18 months ago a FFURG.COM member decide Recarding wasnt enough and found a way to replicate the waffle pattern there was quite a kick off about it on RS actually. TBH it looked good but close inspection would allow you to tell the differences of course that doesnt help when you buy items on ebay based on pictures.

If anyone has any MOC seal questions then like Dennis post them up here and we would be happy to help Smile

Jay and Todd,

I've heard, read on RS a while ago about those so called invisible reseals (don't read on FFURG, and don't remember seeing pictures) but can you guys (or someone else) tell some more about it? how to spot it etc..? And maybe some off you have saved some pictures or know where to find them?

Cheers, Dennis.
Back to top Go down
nexus1138
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:52 am

Called my attention this issue because I have some Cardbacks with the same bubble, with the rest of sealing with some weird, but totally originals.
I do not stop to dwell on all this on bubbles, sealed, fakes, and so on. I'm obsessed with everything to be original and all I'm worried, if i could show photos of grave doubts I have in my various MOC Cardbacks , but i can't make photos of good quality and i have are many doubts about things of my material MOC.

Note: Sorry, my English is very poor and do not know if I have explained well ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bubble Question   Bubble Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bubble Question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1