The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Celebration 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:23 am

So it was just announced: Celebration 5 website

Who's going? I know my wife and I are going, and we'll probably be heading down for the whole week. We would love to meet up with as many of our online buddies as possible. Smile
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 11:04 am

I would love to go, it's a damn long way though. I have 9 months to convince my wife. I don't like my chances Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 11:30 am

I'm definitely going! I just told my wife and we just bought plane tickets. Prices seem to be cheap right now. We got two round trip tickets from cheapticketets.com for $550 Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:23 pm

Its a while off but its not going to be possible for us to go, perhaps one day!

You guys have a great time, I look forward to the pictures afterwards, hopefully you and Shawn can meet up Chris!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Its a while off but its not going to be possible for us to go, perhaps one day!

You guys have a great time, I look forward to the pictures afterwards, hopefully you and Shawn can meet up Chris!

I wish you could make it Joe, but I understand completely. I would love to make it to a Celebration Europe, but doubt I would be able to pull that of either.

Would be great if we could meet up Chris. Maybe I could finally buy that Luke off you at the convention. Smile
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:50 pm

Dude, Joe, that's a bummer. I wish you could go! Sad

Shawn: I totally hear you. My wife is more stoked than I am, I think! Smile And if our Luke deal isn't done by then, I'll totally be bringing it along. By that time, I might as well just give you the damn thing! lol!

We found tickets through Orbitz for $578 round trip. I think we are going to hold off until after Christmas to snatch them up though.

You guys don't know how excited I am for this right now. It's going to be a blast.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 2:14 pm

Man Sad So want to go, lets get some paypal donation button going for the TIG Forum team to go ! LOL

You guys are gonna have a blast!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Man Sad So want to go, lets get some paypal donation button going for the TIG Forum team to go ! LOL

Out of curiosity, how much are plane tickets to Orlando? We are looking at doing two double beds for our room, so we would be more than happy to let you (and the misses) stay with us! Smile That should help with expense... at least a little.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Joe_O wrote:

Yeah, it should be manadatory! Don't think there's a hope in hell i'll make it unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:10 pm

Thanks for the offer Chris , if I can swing it I will let you and Shawn know for sure !

Very doubtful as you know from chat earlier but if it works out I will be letting you know as soon as I can!
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:14 am

I definitely plan to do one of these one day, would be an awesome trip. Maybe a few of us from overseas should plan ahead for a future event & all meet & go together.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:48 pm

in my dreams
Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:59 pm

Dam I would love to go to this one but its a long trek from the UK Sad

Out of curiosity do the events tickets sell out fast or will there be oppotunities to buy em next year?
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:23 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:

Out of curiosity do the events tickets sell out fast or will there be oppotunities to buy em next year?

Would be great if you could wing it Jay. From what I remember the tickets were around for a while with CIV. In fact I think you could just walk in a buy a ticket the day of. I don't remember when tickets went on sale the last time, but I remember buying mine in late feb/early march. I'll see if I can find some solid info on it for you.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:25 pm

Just found this on the C5 website.

Quote :
Ticket Mailing
All fans who order their tickets by July 11 at 11:59 PM EST will have their tickets mailed to them by USPS. There's no additional cost for postage, and once you get your ticket, just bring it with you and walk right into Celebration. If you'd like to upgrade your tickets to traceable UPS delivery, you can for $9.95. If you order five or more tickets, please note that UPS shipping will be automatically added to your order. Tickets ordered after July 11th will not be mailed. Instead, if you order after July 11th, simply bring your confirmation email with you to Star Wars Celebration and we'll provide you with your physical ticket at one of our registration desks in the main lobby. No international or interstellar orders will be mailed. All international and interstellar orders will be held for pick up on-site. There are no refunds or exchanges.
On-Site Tickets
If you prefer to wait to buy your tickets on-site at Star Wars Celebration, please be aware that tickets will be more expensive at the door. Adult Four-Day Passes will be $135, Saturday Passes will be $60, and Thursday, Friday, and Sunday Passes will be $55. Kids Four-Day Passes will be $60 and One-Day Passes will be $35. (Tickets purchased online will also reflect this pricing once Celebration begins.) Also, note that the Star Wars Celebration team will be monitoring ticket sales closely. If we reach maximum occupancy in advance of the show, all sales — online and on-site — will stop. Buying your tickets now is the only sure way to guarantee you're part of the party!
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:25 am

I'm There! Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:00 am

shawn_k wrote:
jaymassive619 wrote:

Would be great if you could wing it Jay. From what I remember the tickets were around for a while with CIV. In fact I think you could just walk in a buy a ticket the day of. I don't remember when tickets went on sale the last time, but I remember buying mine in late feb/early march. I'll see if I can find some solid info on it for you.

I would love to Shawn if i can get tickets in March / April 2010 then i should be in a position to afford it.

What types of things are going on at the event?
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:37 am

jaymassive619 wrote:

I would love to Shawn if i can get tickets in March / April 2010 then i should be in a position to afford it.

What types of things are going on at the event?

I bet there will still be tickets available then.

For me the highlight of CIV was the collector panels. I honestly could have stayed in the rooms they were held in all day just soaking up the information presented. The medallions didn't hurt either. Wink I know they do recycle some of the same panels from previous conventions, so some of them could be repeated from CIV. Here is a list of all the ones from CIV to give you an idea of the topics covered. There were also some great pieces on display in the room the collector panels were presented in.

There are a lot more to do than just those though. One night they had a Q&A thing with Carrie Fisher that my wife and I went to. They also have other panels involving people that helped make the films and for other Star Wars related projects.

I'm hoping some more details will come up when tickets go on sale this week.

Here is my video that I put together of the event. It is pretty lengthy with all the opening ceremony stuff in the middle, so feel free to skim through a bit.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:51 pm

Well... it's earlier than we wanted to, but we booked our trip already!

We are flying in on Wednesday. We have an extra double bed waiting for you Joe! Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:00 pm

RebelChris wrote:
We have an extra double bed waiting for you Joe! Smile

Oi I am not that fat! LOL

Will see what's happening next year Chris, I can hope!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:13 pm

Joe_O wrote:
RebelChris wrote:
We have an extra double bed waiting for you Joe! Smile

Oi I am not that fat! LOL

Will see what's happening next year Chris, I can hope!

Well... I didn't want to be rude! lol!
Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:06 pm

I would love to go, but can't. Sad Sad

I would just love to hang out, not be in a rush and not have the kids buzzing round my legs like I normally do at
conventions in the UK.

It would be such a great opportunity to meet up with you guys and the lads off the forums
chill out and get smashed in the evenings. Really envious of the lads going No

Have a great time.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:32 am

If things are still holding out right, me and Josh_T over on RS will be there, but its not a done deal set in stone yet. Since its so close to home, 517 miles away, I'd hate to miss out on it. Its so far off right now, I'm not sure yet. And its too bad the Euro guys wont be there, I'd love to meet you guys for a beer or 3 and talk shop, but Jay, we'd give you Coke so you don't spew everywhere. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Admin Use Account

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:42 am

Chris_J wrote:
If things are still holding out right, me and Josh_T over on RS will be there, but its not a done deal set in stone yet. Since its so close to home, 517 miles away, I'd hate to miss out on it. Its so far off right now, I'm not sure yet. And its too bad the Euro guys wont be there, I'd love to meet you guys for a beer or 3 and talk shop, but Jay, we'd give you Coke so you don't spew everywhere. lol!

LOL I would only accept a coke if it had a whiskey in it!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:36 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
Chris_J wrote:

LOL I would only accept a coke if it had a whiskey in it!

On that note Jay, if you can in fact make, I'll be sure and buy you a whiskey! I might even put some coke in it for you too. Smile

As the event gets closer, we should start forming a list of where everyone is staying, what times everyone is coming in and when we can all meet up for some drinks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Celebration 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration 5   Celebration 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celebration 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next