The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:41 pm

I figured I would post this here just to ensure max visibility. Feel free to move it if deemed more appropriate.

It is one year away, but in order to consider travel and hotels, I figured I would check to see who will be attending this event over in California. (4/16 - 4/19 2015)

I am on the fence right now but really want to go.

I am not sure if anyone local to the Anaheim area will be going, but I am somewhat familiar with the area so if anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

First note: if you can fly into and out of SNA (John Wayne Airport, Orange County CA), I would recommend it over LAX. It is smaller but you can get into and out of it so much faster and easier than LAX. I will NEVER fly into LAX unless there is no other choice, but thankfully for me, SNA is always an option.

Another consideration to make for additional fun and perhaps a cheaper option, is to fly into Las Vegas (LAS - McCarran Airport). It is a 4 - 4 1/2 hour drive back to the Anaheim area however. But it could be cheaper on the flights depending where you live.

Hotels: I am not sure what to say here yet since this is just a little over a year a way and every hotel I looked at won't allow booking that far in advance. Hopefully later this week the needed dates will open.

Anaheim hotels will be expensive of course do to the event and Disney. So, include 'Buena Park, CA' as a backup option since it is right next door. If the rates hold and don't jump up within the next couple of weeks/months, hotels could range from $100 - $125 a night in Buena Park. Just an option if the Anaheim locations get more expensive as time moves on or they are booked up.

Anyway..................

I know this is far out but post up if.................................

• Is anyone confirmed going? What dates?
  • Flights Booked? To what ariport?
  • Hotel Booked or Chosen?
  • Room mates? Selected or willing?
  • Rental Car?

And any generic tips or tricks about anything related?

OK... cheers!
Very Happy

EDIT:

I picked up my tickets to the convention!
Step one: Tickets is complete! cheers
Step two: Hotel booked! Rooming with Kenneth B!! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:21 pm

OK...  :bump: 

Just wanted to bump and point out that I am confirmed and will be rooming with Kenneth! cheers
The OC better watch out! Razz

Anyway......................

Anyone else???????????

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Im jealous... lol! 
Have fun,
it is on my bucket list to someday make it to one of these conventions/shows in the US.
Back to top Go down
wattosjunkpile
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
wattosjunkpile

PostSubject: celebration    Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:17 am

Im going, not sure where im staying. Hopefully hilton will have some more rooms open up.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 7:51 am

As I do with every Celebration, local BBQ, and Con, i'll make some sweeping statement about how I'll try to make it and will let people know. I will then slowly stop talking about it and not go  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
rattlesnaketoys
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
rattlesnaketoys

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:19 pm

I am planning on going, but haven't actually planned anything yet. I live in Arizona so I'll just jump in the truck and drive the family over. Probably stay in Orange County or Buena Park and Do the Disney Parks in the down time. I have not been to one of the celebrations yet, so I'm kinda excited about it.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 5:38 pm

:bump: Smile

OK, its been a while since I started this... as we are now only a few months away, I just wanted to check to see if anyone else is planning on going.

Got my wacky ReedPop """early bird""" pins & T-shirt today. I'm still not sure what the whole 'con - pins' thing is about, but I got them! cyclops

Anyway......... anyone else going or at least thinking about it seriously?

cheers!
J
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 10:01 pm

Count me in. I will have my Jawa shirt going, handing out my exclusive swag and getting down with my geek self. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 12:55 am

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going. I'd love to take my daughters since it would be fun to share the Star Wars Celebration experience with them, but the cost of flying the 4 of us to Anaheim is the sticking point.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
BruceW
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 1:38 am

I'll be there. Hunting for some Leia goodness. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 8:45 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:
As I do with every Celebration, local BBQ, and Con, i'll make some sweeping statement about how I'll try to make it and will let people know. I will then slowly stop talking about it and not go  Very Happy

Whoa If I had even seen this post last year...I would have said "Ya right". But as you've stated above and recently stated to me it looks like your sticking to your word; Sucks too man! Seeing your comment gave me a good reason to bump this thread anyhow being it has received almost nadda for replies Razz
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 8:56 pm

Next Celebration Australasia- I will be there Wink
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 9:06 pm

aussiejames wrote:
Next Celebration Australasia- I will be there Wink

If it's in the next 4 years I will be too Very Happy you can take me racing!
Back to top Go down
Kenner76
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Kenner76

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 3:28 pm

I'm going. Hope to see some of you at the archive party. I'll have buttons. Smile
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 4:18 pm

haha!

I'm still confirmed!
Hotel - CHECK!
Airfare - CHECK!
Badge - CHECK!
Roommate - CHECK!
Beer Funds - CHECK!
Spending Cash - ... check? Razz haha

Never been to anything quite like this or at least never to a ""con"" where I spent more than a couple hours. No idea what I need to bring, what the spending potential will be with dealers, backrooms and what not.
All I know is I have a backpack and some shoes that should be comfortable enough.
Aside from that, who knows! Smile

Anyway....

I can't believe how fast this crept up! Getting old sux!

For those going....... can't wait to hopefully meet you all!

cheers!
Jay
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 8:49 pm

[quote="psybertech"]haha!

I'm still confirmed!
Hotel - CHECK!
Airfare - CHECK!
Badge - CHECK!
Roommate - CHECK!
Beer Funds - CHECK!
Spending Cash - ... check? Razz haha

Jay...you forgot an essential one Shocked ! Campers chair for the long ass lines- Check :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 9:53 pm

Paul Armory wrote:
Jay...you forgot an essential one Shocked ! Campers chair for the long ass lines
Whatcha talkin bout Armory? affraid
Seriously, my bones NEED to know, man!
Joke or do I need to be one of ""those people"" that brings a folding chair????? affraid sick popcorn
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 2:36 am

psybertech wrote:
Paul Armory wrote:
Jay...you forgot an essential one Shocked ! Campers chair for the long ass lines
Whatcha talkin bout Armory? affraid
Seriously, my bones NEED to know, man!
Joke or do I need to be one of ""those people"" that brings a folding chair????? affraid sick popcorn

LOL well Jay if your going to wait for an autograph for someone like M.H. then it wouldn't hurt to have. To me standing on my feet for more than an hour was once easier done at a younger age. Wink
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 6:31 am

Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? Rollator

Razz
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 7:26 am

Nice one AJ, it even has an "autograph" basket lol!
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 10:32 am

lol!

My bones ain't like they used to be.... hell, they never were really! Smile

The one thing I hear over and over about cons like this (specifically Celebration) is the lines for everything are very long.
I don't know what events I'll be attending. I guess I need to figure that out soon!

Much to think about I have! Razz
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 12:18 pm

psybertech wrote:
The one thing I hear over and over about cons like this (specifically Celebration) is the lines for everything are very long.
I don't know what events I'll be attending. I guess I need to figure that out soon!

I don't remember any long lines, except for a couple of the exhibits like Rancho Obi-Wan. Make sure you plan which seminars you what to see and make sure your there at least 20 mins early. The popular ones are busy. Some of those lines can be long, but you can just sit on the floor with everyone else. Plan some filler seminars as well. You can only wander around the building so many times. lol!

Don't be afraid to take some of your extra good stuff along to trade or sell in some of the afternoon socials / sales. That's where I finally caught up with Joe Y at C6. Didn't get to talk to him, because he was so busy with sales.
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 7:45 am

As I have told my son many times, we will be EXHAUSTED after Celebration. We are mapping out each day and plan on doing everything possible. Looking forward to meeting new people and reconnecting with old friends.
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 12:43 pm

I envy you guys going to celebration Anaheim. Wish I had the funds and ability to go but not in the cars right now for me. Tommy Garvey over on RS asked to spread the news about this little project. The cases were designed by star wars artist and collectors and will be auctioned with all proceeds to go to Make A Wish. Some of these cases are freaking fantastic, makes me wish I was going all the more.

http://blog.theswca.com/2015/04/celebration-anaheim-vader-case-project.html
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 2:11 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
The cases were designed by star wars artist and collectors and will be auctioned with all proceeds to go to Make A Wish.

Bryan, Thanks for posting the link. This is a great idea, and the cases look fantastic. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?   Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Celebration US Anaheim 4/2015 - Who's going?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next