The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:35 am

I bet if you put a WTB on RS you would find some Jay- actually, Dave Tree had a bunch of these quite cheap a few years ago for sale on RS, no idea if he still has some though.
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:34 pm

i got these off ebay some years ago
apparently they come from "Journal De Mickey" (Mouse), a weekly magazine originating in France, also available in Belgium

Is anyone keeping track of magazines that carry sw-toy-ads?

here are some more:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Meccano6

Yan Solo on the rescue to save Chiquetaba on board the Faucon Millenaire. Will he have enough energy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:51 pm

According to Stephanes From Meccano To Trilogo book the ads were from "Pif Gadget" Magazine for kids - here is that old RS thread I spoke about btw - Meccano half sheets RS
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:39 am

ooh love those, Joe!

next batch:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Meccano7

Sexually indecisive pod ship and Luc fly very fast to the rescue of Leïa and Ben Kenobi.

I'm guessing the inhabitants of wherever they departed from, are happy to see them go. Fireworks happy!
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:44 am

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Meccano8

Luc rests for another 4 seconds, providing the electronics don't betray him...

funny how they used a palitoy/meccano landspeeder, with non opening hood. Also, i think Luc's leg might be broken.
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:46 am

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Meccano9

Will Leïa and Ben Kenobi reveal the Centaure secrets to Dark Vador? Nothing can save them now...
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:53 am

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Meccano10

Luc has 15 seconds to join his space ship. Suddenly...

look at the tension on his face!
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:54 am

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Meccano11

Chiquetaba has arrived in time to help Ben. A TIE Fighter appears!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:22 am

Idefix13 wrote:

aussiejames wrote:
I shouldn't joke around so much Embarassed
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 SDC11533
how many different address' on instructions would there be?
This is the stuff I was hoping for! James could you please take a picture of the whole instructions (front page) to see if there is any other difference?

Uli

the instructions mystery is solved : http://www.toltoys.com/?s=speederbike
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:33 am

Hyver wrote:
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Meccano9

Will Leïa and Ben Kenobi reveal the Centaure secrets to Dark Vador? Nothing can save them now...

That is class!!

Pardon my ignorance on these things but what size is the above meccano advert? Is it on a sheet on its own or part of a booklet magazine?

Reason i ask is i bet framing some of these would look uber cool.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:41 am

they're cut from children's magazines, about A5 in size
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:42 am

aussiejames wrote:
Idefix13 wrote:

aussiejames wrote:
I shouldn't joke around so much Embarassed
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 SDC11533
how many different address' on instructions would there be?
This is the stuff I was hoping for! James could you please take a picture of the whole instructions (front page) to see if there is any other difference?

Uli

the instructions mystery is solved : http://www.toltoys.com/?s=speederbike

nice work AJ, interesting that the TT box came in slightly larger size! More variations! Cool
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:02 pm

After a long hard search and thinking that there was no toy ads in mags over here (that I could remember), I can make a nice contribution to this thread finally. All of these came from Famous Monsters issue #174

Sandcrawler
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Img_1389

Figures and playsets
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Img_1390

Figures and vehicles
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Img_1391

Taun Taun, vehicles and the all new IG-88 12" doll.
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Img_1392

I know this one isn't toy related, but had to add it. The Star Wars radio ad.
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Img_1393
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:02 pm

in my childhood I was a die hard PIF Gadget collector
my first issue was 639 back in 1981!
exactly in the right time on the right place, because the first "small scene" were published in 638, the second one in 640 and so on... (25 small scenes were published in every bi-weekly issues)
I loved them, they were my first ever SW experiences/memorabilien months before the hungarian movie release dates!
today I have almost all these old magazines, but unfortunately, cca. 25 years ago I cut off all my SW related pics from them and they are lost...
only one survived!!!
issue 646!
a real gem for me!
a magazine, complete with a "small scene" meccano advert!
some pics from it:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09626

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09627

an other great stuff from a PIF, my first ever Star Wars stuff!

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 ESB_Meccano_Poster_1982_04

for luck, a week ago I met an other old PIF collector (here in hungary) who offered me old PIF-s to buy
naturally, almost all the SW ads were cut of from her specimens as well
it is very hard to find untouched PIF-s today
especially which contained SW pictures, seems everybody cut them off
except this two issues which I bought Smile

issue 660:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09628

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09629

and issue 611:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09630

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09631

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09632

after my "gems" here are some more meccano ads in "cut off" format
I have only the pics without the complete magazines
they have been bought from e-bay

issue 595:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09633

issue 674:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09634

issue 640 (in very bad shape):

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09635

issue 650:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09636

issue 648:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09637

issue 660:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09638

issue 642:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09639

issue 654:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09640

issue 676:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09641

issue 678:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09642

issue 644:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09643

issue 668:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09644

issue 666:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09645

issue 680:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09646

issue 646:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09647

one of my favourite from my childhood
the issue with the great ROTJ poster!
naturally, I lost it completely Sad
ten years ago I caught the poster in the flea market:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09648

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 DSC09649

Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:05 pm

from FIX & FOXI:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Dsc09610
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:43 am

Nice adverts skywalkerhu!

Uli

P.S. Check your PMs! Smile
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:58 am

Idefix13 wrote:
Nice adverts skywalkerhu!

Uli

P.S. Check your PMs! Smile

OK, I just have ansvered it!
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:04 pm

some kind of prototypes have been pictured here
watch out their paintings
rebel soldier and han hoth are great!!!
have you got better pics from these versions? maybe I could paint some for myself Smile

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Dsc02210

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:14 pm

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Esbfig10

This is the image in colour, it was mirrored for the cardback.

I believe ALL of the figures are some form of prototypes, painted hardcopies as far as I remember.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Wow they all look like nothing i have ever seen. Great color on all of them

Lukes saber is just a stick or home made baseball bat :-)

When i see this ad , i come to think off a ESP ad i had from the magazine 1998 or 1999. Luke Bespin had this very sharp and ponty saber in the picture.

Hans-Ole / Michael has that ad now , mayby he can post it here ?
Back to top Go down
skywalkerhu
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
skywalkerhu

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:05 am

the guns are strange too Smile
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:33 am

Its been a while since we had any new paperwork items in this thread. I was wondering if there has been any new aquisitions???
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:25 am

Great collections you all have Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Craig T wrote:
Its been a while since we had any new paperwork items in this thread. I was wondering if there has been any new aquisitions???

good call Craig, here are a few paperwork items I've picked up in recent weeks...

Star Wars Jedi Arena
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 The_de10

Battle on Ice Planet Hoth
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Spider10

Comic style ads
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 The_de11

Star Wars Texas Instruments watch
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Starwa10
Back to top Go down
Yr1977
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Yr1977

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
The Kenner SW Cash Refunds catalogue

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Forum311

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Forum312

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Forum313

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Forum314

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Forum315

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Forum316

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Forum317

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 Forum318

Thats 12"stormtrooper has a sweet blaster. Does anyone know if any of those exist??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next