The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:56 pm

joe , joe , joe , i guess they really dont like ya over there either whack

and uli quit teasing me with that clipper poster will ya ,
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:03 pm

In my 6 years on RS I have had a few unanswered posts LOL

I think it just depends on what other threads are about at the time and the kind of people that read them, not everyone can be bothered to post - but as a thread started it kind of sucks, even if your thread is shit its nice to get at least one reply lol

Oh well - back to the drawing board - at least *some* of my threads here get replies Laughing

(and let that be a warning - I can still ban you bastards if you don't post!!!! pirat )
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:08 pm

bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow bow
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Superb posters, Uli, I remember them from your top 5 and I think I would agree it is the same photo from your Swedish retailer poster as my Tri-logo poster. The Clipper Boba Fett is excellent!!
Thanks Smile

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:17 pm

(and let that be a warning - I can still ban you bastards if you don't post!!!!
Shocked Shocked Shocked
Joe

It's Brad again(I'm back)- I read that post on rs and I thought it was really,really,really good!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Top man - Get Brad a beer Panchi Cool

drinking2
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Joe_O wrote:
My attempt at talking about the funny descriptions of these mini catalogues went down well on RS as you can see Very Happy

RS

Gained a whopping Zero replies Laughing

lol, know what you mean, Joe, a few times I posted and it was like... tumbleweed rolls past... a church bell tolls in the distance... a crow caws... then silence

lol!

***Darth Vader Tie Pilot - The colour is evil grey***

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:25 pm

ctscanman68 wrote:

It's Brad again(I'm back)- I read that post on rs and I thought it was really,really,really good!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

an extract from Joe's post on RS:

RANCOR!

He's the meanest, hungriest, most horrifying monster in the whole STAR WARS saga!
With his moveable legs you can make him chase Gamorrean Guards!
I had to put this as a special treat for all the Gamorrean Guard collectors out there! LOL bet you have nightmares now!

lol! lol! lol! good work Joe!

Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:28 pm

joe i'll bump that thread for a twenty dollar bill , but that's it lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:29 pm

PS... Brad, cheers for the thoughts on the poster framing. Was interesting you said you were watching the poster as I was also looking at one on Ebay other day - wonder if it was the same one?
Smile

Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
PS... Brad, cheers for the thoughts on the poster framing. Was interesting you said you were watching the poster as I was also looking at one on Ebay other day - wonder if it was the same one?
Smile

That's funny Paul. After seeing yours I'm really kicking myself for not getting that one! head bang head bang

Oh well! At least I can come on here and admire yours from afar! Very Happy

Brad
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:56 pm

that's always the way lol Brad, when I first posted my thread about the poster on RS I had someone ask if they could buy it from me, then there was about two other guys who said they had some they were prepared to sell... so I think they're not so rare and they always pop up on Ebay from time to time. I'll let you know if I see another one and put you in touch as I'm always scouring for posters and manuals etc.
Smile

Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:09 pm

It's good to hear they're not that rare. I'll definitely pick one up, one of these days.

Thanks for offering to be my look-out. I appreciate it. It always helps to have an extra set of eyes. cyclops cyclops

Brad
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:15 pm

All these posters and catalogues are quite abundant thankfully and its handy if you need them to complete playsets/multipacks etc

I had a stash of them but gave most away when I had a sell up last year as no-one was interested in buying at the time, they are pretty neat and as has been mentioned and pictured there are some cool descriptions and images in them, I think on the picture with some of those pre production figures you can actually see a metal pin joining the arm on Ree Yees.
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Yeah I thought that was very interesting how some of the pre-production figures on the promos didn't turn out the same when they went into full production. For some reason that kind of stuff really fascinates me.

At the time they come out you don't think about all the stuff that goes into making those little chunks of plastic because you're a kid and you don't care. As an adult it's kind of neat to hear about all the changes that had to be made before those toys were put in our greedy, dirty little hands. bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:46 am

Uli, here is the front cover of my Speeder Bike manual and a close up of the address:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 Forum510

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 Forum511

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:51 am

and here is the front cover of the AST-5 I have followed by detail of the address:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 Forum512

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 Forum513

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:04 am

Idefix13 wrote:
Joe_O wrote:
Lol Uli - James was just being an idiot Very Happy
I will translate what James said for you Uli:
"Uli you are the master of paperwork, MOC AND loose figures - Damn I am jealous!"
Laughing exactly

This is the stuff I was hoping for! James could you please take a picture of the whole instructions (front page) to see if there is any other difference?
Uli
There is no other difference. So I'm wondering , were the instructions printed in Australia and put in the Kenner boxes and then sealed??
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 SDC11534
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 SDC11535
they are how many more?
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:07 am

I think all of those got thrown in the garbage right away back in the day!!!!
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:01 pm

James if you have spare one of the Speeder Bike with Australian address please drop me a line! I'd like to add this one to my collection...

I wonder if you have any other instructions with an Australian address on?

Here is a picture of the Clipper Fett and Play Mix posters mounted on a door and a wall (no safe Wink )

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 Room10
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:03 pm

These different addresses are totally new to me... I checked my ROTJ Speeder Bike instructions (3) and all have the US address on...
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Nice pic of your collection room bud. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dan.
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:20 pm

Uli

I agree with Dan, your room looks amazing! I looked for a limelight of your collection, but didn't see one. Did I just miss it or do you not have pics up yet. If anyone needs to show off his collection it's you! I'd love to see more of it.

That Clipper offer and all the other promo stuff looks real good displayed front and center like that. It's good to see you have it displayed and not hidden away.

Good work on your collection. Hope to see more soon!

Brad
Back to top Go down
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:25 am

Uli, you better not slam that door! Shocked

Any luck locating one of these yet?: Razz

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 Clippercatalogesbopen

(for Joe, who will not see this, it's an ESB Dutch Kenner (!) folded pack-in leaflet, located here: http://www.starswar.eu/paperwork/contents/clipper.html )
Back to top Go down
http://www.starswar.eu
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Crying or Very sad No I still had no luck in getting one of these posters - but I still hope that I can get yours one day Very Happy

Brad and Dan: I will do a quick limelight for my room in the near future.

Uli
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next