The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:19 pm

I had this in with one of my AT-ATs, so it must be extremely common. Cool though:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 2ufcck3

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 V3em13

-J
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:26 pm

Some very good stuff guy's.I'm learning something new everyday.Awesome.

Keep them poster's coming.

Dan. cheers
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:32 pm

More great posters guys. Thanks for the share.

Look at the one with the picture of the open-belly Taun-Taun. It looks like the Taun-Taun is giving birth to a Hoth Luke action figure! Razz
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:46 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I remember as a kid stuffing a luke Bespin in my open belly taun-taun.

Dan. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:56 pm

disco bob , ive got the same one , included in a snowspeeder so i recon they where all over givin with differned vehicles

ps it's at at poster iam talking about
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:00 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
disco bob , ive got the same one , included in a snowspeeder so i recon they where all over givin with differned vehicles

ps it's at at poster iam talking about

Aaah...that's interesting - and makes total sense too, given it's the poster for the whole ESB range. It's a cool poster (always had a thing for AT-ATs - remember seeing 'Empire' at the cinema when I was a kid, at that point AT-ATs were far and away the most awesome thing I'd ever seen in my life.)

-J
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:37 pm

verry true , but by the time rotj the speeder biker took that over for me , iam actully thinking , not sure tho that ive got the same poster with my millenium falcon aswell
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Oooof! Jeremy, that At-At poster is amazing! Cool Cool Cool Cool I love it. Thanks for sharing Smile

and Brad, well spotted about the open-belly TaunTaun giving birth to Hoth Luke - that is classic!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Here we go, a few crease marks, but a neat little Revenge OTJ advertising leaflet picked up for under a fiver to go with my paperwork Smile It's almost like back in the day someone crumpled it up and tossed it in the bin then thought... nah, on second thoughts I'll keep that. lol. It's even had someone testing a pen out in the top right corner.

Front:
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 Jawa_014

Back:
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 Jawa_015
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up on this thread Paul. I saw it as it just began and hadn't followed up. There is some really nice paperwork shown here.

Here is my contributions which I know a few have seen before. I picked this up in a lot of Young Jedi Knight mailer paperwork a few years ago. From what I've seen, this is the only example of this paperwork to have been found, but it is highly likely that other examples are out there.

First is a followup letter that was mailed out after the child sent out for their free figure from the promotion.

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 Main.php?g2_view=core

Here is the rebate that was included with the letter.

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 Main.php?g2_view=core

and in this case the child chose R2-D2 as their free figure. The cardback was folded and the proof of purchase was blacked out. The parent wrote the date of 8/24/84 as when they received it. I once saw a C-3PO MOC on ebay that was folded in the same way and the POP was blacked out. I lost out on it and fear it could have gone the way of the U grade. I would love to find a Luke Jedi like that as that figure was offered for the promotion as well.

Last edited by shawn_k on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Cool stuff Shawn. The R2 cardback rocks! Too bad you lost out on the C-3PO...

Time for another poster. GB John Menzies poster:
Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 ROTJ_GB_John_Menzies

Uli
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Hey Shawn that's an awesome item! Great to see what must be a very rare set of paperwork.
On the rebate coupon I love how it says: 'The force is with your son at the store, too'. lol. Excellent. And on the follow up letter: 'And may the force be with your entire family!' love it. Thanks for the share.

Uli, wow that brings back memories seing the John Menzies logo on that poster! Was a great shop to go to. Interesting too that the poster was an exclusive to the shop chain. They did a good job, I like how the toys cross over the lines of their boxes and stray out onto the border area. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:03 pm

What a lovely thread! I came here through Uli's Play Room thread thanks for the link!

There are some lovely items here.
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:19 pm

That's a really cool poster Uli (I mean the John Menzies one). Will throw Jimmy in a fit though as it's an intruder manning his beloved speeder bike. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Capetown wrote:
That's a really cool poster Uli (I mean the John Menzies one). Will throw Jimmy in a fit though as it's an intruder manning his beloved speeder bike. Laughing

you know i was thinking that the first time i saw it , but what can i say exept , sell me that poster uli lol!
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:44 am

Sorry Jimmy but the JM poster is not for sale - but if you could settle with that German poster I'm maybe able to help you:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 ROTJ_Germany_1983_front
(front)

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 ROTJ_Germany_1983_back
(back)
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:55 am

Is it me or is the front end off the speederbike pictured on that poster placed up side down?
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:42 am

Idefix13 wrote:
Sorry Jimmy but the JM poster is not for sale - but if you could settle with that German poster I'm maybe able to help you:

Uli is that the massive version?

You should put the popular Tri-logo version next to it (or a star wars figure even) - just to show how really big it is!
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:32 am

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 Room_810

The German poster has nearly the same size than the Menzie's poster. I have it mounted on a shelf next to the JM poster. Due to reflections you can't nearly see it but I guess the picture is good enough to show the dimentions.
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:34 am

Stargeezer wrote:
Is it me or is the front end off the speederbike pictured on that poster placed up side down?

They used a prototype for the picture. The poster is dated 1983.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:34 pm

Time for another poster:

These were included with the Waddingtons (Leeds,England) jigsaw puzzles and were released in UK, Ireland, Germany and Finland. Measures 17" x 11" and shows the picture of the actual puzzle. The puzzles covered EMPIRE, RETURN & EWOKS. I wonder if any of you guys have any of the others? Uli?

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 Luke_010

Detail:

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 Luke_011
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:37 pm

I love that poster... one of my favourites! I'm going to get my framed when I have a chance!

The puzzles are really cheap to get hold of too especially when you consider how nice the poster is!

Oh theres a Jabba and Darth too!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks Craig, I wonder how many of the puzzles still have their original posters? Would be nice to get a complete one Cool
I agree it would look good framed, you will have to post a picture if you get yours framed so we can see Smile
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Nice poster's Uli and Paul.

Dan. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Sorry Paul - I can't help with the other posters (I only collect paperwork that shows or has to do with the toys).

Do you own the two toys shown puzzles?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!   Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collecting Vintage Paper Work that show Vintage Star Wars Toys!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next