The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Thanks for the comment and fantastic work on Mean machine so far! Looks like a labor of love and you know it'll be work putting in that extra time just to get it right.

Here's a link to Mega heroes I scored recently - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Judge-Dredd-Mega-Heros-Complete-Set-Rico-Death-ABC-Robot-LawMaster-Bike-Fargo-/272097331664?hash=item3f5a43c9d0%3Ag%3AvXMAAOSwoydWjZmm&nma=true&si=3wqDL8aZ6zuaPfmGextB9UcZbKY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

There are 6 sets in all and I got really lucky with the price on this lot. Not sure if it was because the name was slightly listed incorrect or maybe as the seller didn't have any feed back at the time but definitely worth picking up at that price. A few of the cards have slight bends to them that may have happened when shipped but they display nicely and they're not an overly expensive line to put a set together.

Look forward to seeing the completed custom Very Happy .

Ian
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 4:28 pm

Thanks, and thanks for the info too. It looks a great line and you managed to grab that lot for an absolute bargain cheers Was like the 2000 AD lot I scored a few pages back for a steal. I like the ABC warrior figure and the fact they included a mutie figure and Judge Hershey. I also like the packaging with the bullet holes. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Nice re-action figures and I do prefer them to the Legendary ones although for some reason the Legendary ones seem to go for a higher price.

It's nice that there's some good Dredd products out there at the moment as you could get anything back in the day. I must admit though that the Mezco figures have got the edge for me over everything else and I can't wait to see how the 3A ones hold up next to them (although I don't think the Death is quite as well made but maybe the character likeness wins out).

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 6:02 pm

I skipped out on the black and white and don't have judge death from 3a but otherwise we have the exact same stuff just about. My mega heroes are loose as I bought them that way to save money. My mezco dreads are replaced away, but I like the previews one better with the bright blue, green, and yellows. I have a few statues and model sets also. I also ordered the girl cop figure, but have recently sent off a request to cancel the order because of the fine details on the art toy figure and figuring they are the same. Literally two snaps on the vest broke, the knife belt clip broke, and the barrel of the gun has broken all because these things are so small and fragile and hard for me to handle carefully.

I did get the hot toys snake eyes hands and replaced those rubber bendy hands on it, but I haven't dismantled the gloves yet to get the wrist communicator to glue it to the snake eyes hands. Still thinking this one out a little as now I have to glue the knife in place or buy another.

There is a bootleg Hershey figure that used to make the rounds, if you ever see it give me a shout as I want one badly. I will post its name in a second.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 6:09 pm

The Hershey was called ace girls mission. See more here:
http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2010/03/ace-girls-mission-judge-hershey-16.html

She was based more on the Stallone movie, but the figure they used as a base was way off. She fits with the medicom dredd figure though of Stallone and I have it also.

That mean machine is coming along great Paul. Can't wait. By the way I may have some extra of those mega heroes if you want me to look. I think I got extras in that lot I bought. I know there was one set and may have been a patial second or a full second set. I can't remember. unsure

Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 6:22 pm

That Hershey is quite funny looking and I did see it the other day but can see if you have the Stallone Dredd that she would be a nice one to have to make the pair up.

I know what you mean about those AF accessories being fragile as I almost broke the grenade canister clip off on my Dredd and also had to buy another gun strap as it had poppers missing on the one I was sent. The QC isn't high on these and I'm wondering if the Epoch version will be any better as I never had any of their toys. One thing about the AF Anderson is that even though it's getting a bad rap at the moment about the hair and body shape I do think that they may have got the outfit look a bit better than the Epoch one. It's hard to know for sure until these things are in peoples hands but I may end up getting the AF trousers to swap out the Epoch ones if they don't have the green knee pads.

As I said I do think the Mezco Dredd is probably the highest quality of the lot and also wasn't going to go for that black and white one until I gave in one drunken night Laughing Glad I did though as I do really like the look of it now it's in had. As for the Disco Dredd I find that outfit just to bright and shinny for my taste but the colour elbow pads are nice as well as the helmet sculpt. Also with his jacket on I do think it looks very nice. What ever happened to the dark blue version though?

Ian
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 12:58 am

There is a bootleg Hershey figure that used to make the rounds, if you ever see it give me a shout as I want one badly.  I will post its name in a second.[/quote]

Just had a look into the Judge Hershey and think it's probably a tricky one to get through ebay. Not sure if they ever come up but you can get most of the parts on ebay but could be a long term project to put together a complete one from scratch. I'll keep a look out for you though.

Did see the Stallone Dredd which there are a few of, is $130 a fair price for one do you think?

Ian
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 2:15 am

After seeing 3A's figure of Sam Slade, from 2000 a.d's Robo Hunter, fingers crossed that they'll produce Rogue Trooper soon.

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 12:42 pm

Palifan wrote:

There is a bootleg Hershey figure that used to make the rounds, if you ever see it give me a shout as I want one badly.  I will post its name in a second.

Just had a look into the Judge Hershey and think it's probably a tricky one to get through ebay. Not sure if they ever come up but you can get most of the parts on ebay but could be a long term project to put together a complete one from scratch. I'll keep a look out for you though.

Did see the Stallone Dredd which there are a few of, is $130 a fair price for one do you think?

Ian[/quote]

That ace girls mission Hershey was a bootleg kit kind of thing from my understanding. I don't know how many worldwide released but it wasn't a huge distribution.

As far as the medicom dredd, it depends on how bad you want a stallone dredd. They sell from $99-175 area pretty frequently. I paid I think around $110 plus shipping for mine some time last year. They aren't made all that well in comparison to todays figures, but for the time they were great. Here is a review of it:
http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2009/04/medicom-rah-judge-dredd.html

(This toyhaven place does quite a few reviews and they all seem to highlight everything pretty well, so I like it for research purposes on these.)

One thing you could do though is get the judge dredd model kit from MRC (I think it was) and use the pieces to cast the parts for a more modern figure to customize. The model is 8-10 inches I think so might be a bit small for 12 inch figures, but when you see stuff that is cast for customs on ebay I am pretty sure these are where they came from. http://www.ebay.com/itm/371294876330 or sometimes they come from another model here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Judge-Dredd-Model-Kit-by-Halcyon-1993-/141637527424

Using the pices from these models you can cast parts to make a decent custom.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 3:04 pm

That's some interesting links you put up to the model kits Bryan. I've seen the comic book style Dredd figure but not the box and never seen the Stallone one.

It's definitely something to think about and as for the 12" Stallone Dredd I do like the slight cheapness to the look of it but I'm not sure I can get passed the movie. The opening to that film seemed so right and then Stallone opens his mouth and I'm pretty much lost from there on out. It is however a nice bit of toy history so I'll give it some more thought. I may also try my hand at a sculpt at some point as it's been a while since I've made anything like this and I was looking to get back into it this year.

Thanks for all the info, there's a whole world of Dredd out there I didn't know about like this mini movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aavS_XUITXU

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 4:03 pm

I really need to start taking pics of some of my stuff and putting it up here.  If you do customizations, I look forward to seeing anything you may have done or will do.  Add a thread in the tosche station section or if it is dredd related throw it in here.  I had/have a few guys doing some customs for me based on dredd stuff, but only a few have actually done anything.  I don't know if some of them will even still do ones they said they would as I don't talk to them much any longer.  

Not having grown up reading the comics of judge dredd, stallone film was my first exposure to the universe.  It makes it more tolerable to me because of this I think.  If I had read the comics first I would have known how that film screwed up a lot of things and probably would not like it as much.

I want to also try to do a bit of custom stuff in the future but I am not as talented as most I have seen so my stuff looks really primitive.  I also like the statues that I have been able to find, but this one is a grail statue item I really want. http://www.popcultureshocktoys.com/judgedredd-exclusive.html

Way to expensive for me, but I want one someday.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 5:06 pm

That statue is very impressive but at that price I think either the Mezco or 3A dredd and Lawmaster will do me fine. Customs are not something I've ever tried, it's more figures/maquettes that I've done in the past. Dredd would certainly be a challenge but I work with some very gifted sculptors who I could get advise from if I get into trouble.

Growing up with Dredd I remember seeing the Stallone film in the cinema and although I enjoyed it to a point I knew then that they'd miss cast the lead. I think with Stallone involved it's always going to be his take on things (not that I mind him in some other films or that he's particularly bad in Dredd it's just not what I'd hoped for). The latest film made the right lead choice for me even though when I first watched it I hoped for a little more of a future looking Mega City One. This feeling has actually gone away since watching it a few times now and I must say that I love it.

Would be great to see some pictures when you get the chance.

Ian
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 2:12 pm

I've seen that Judge Minty film before - it's really good. Re the Stallone movie, I never stopped to consider somene watching it who had no knowledge of the comics. I guess in that sense you might take it as an okay post apocalyptic action adventure flick. I'd watch it again to try and pick out any cool bits now, but I know I'm going to shudder at parts lol. I can remember back then me and my mates thinking that Clint Eastwood would make a good Dredd because of his jawline, never expecting the film would have Dredd remove his helmet anyway doh
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 pm

I can remember back then me and my mates thinking that Clint Eastwood would make a good Dredd because of his jawline, never expecting the film would have Dredd remove his helmet anyway doh [/quote]

Funny you should mention Clint Eastwood as there was a story years ago in 2000AD called dead man about a character walking the cursed earth. It turned out to be an old Dredd but the drawing of him was loosely based on Clint. If he's have been younger at the time of the first movie he would have been perfect.

I will also give the Stallone movie another go but can just remember to many things happening that didn't quite work for me although it was nice to see ABC warriors in some form in there as well as mean machine angel (great make up but really underused in the film).

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 7:37 pm

The first comic with dredd in it that I can call reading was a dredd batman crossover. I don't recall when I got it but it seems like I had seen the Stallone film by then that's why I say that film was my first exposure to dredd. Even the. It was a crossover so it wasn't exactly as gritty as dredd stuff is normally. Still dark and gruesome but not nearly as good as a dredd standalone story. The Stallone movie did leave me with a few thoughts that the comics have since corrected. Mean machine being one of them, in the movie he is dependent on his father to turn the dial and comes across more stupid than anything where in some of the comics he comes across more ruthless and bloodthirsty and has at least the ability to think on how to plan escapes and whatnot. Also the helmet removal thing I didn't know was a bad thing until I started in on the comics.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 5:16 pm

[quote="trappedtexan"]The first comic with dredd in it that I can call reading was a dredd batman crossover.  I don't recall when I got it but it seems like I had seen the Stallone film by then that's why I say that film was my first exposure to dredd.  

Was it this one? http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman/Judge_Dredd_Vol_1_1

Or maybe this one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman/Judge_Dredd:_Judgment_on_Gotham

I can't remember what either of these are like as it's been a long time since I read them and I find these types of crossovers a little strange.....it's a bit like Star Wars and Star Trek sharing the same universe!

Glad to hear that you delved a little deeper after seeing the Stallone movie though. I really didn't get too upset on seeing what they did with the comic character in movie form first time around but I might give it another go just to see how I feel about it.

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 5:36 pm

It was that second one. I think I got it after seeing the movie so if it came out before I didn't get it until after (I think, it has ben a while). I used to buy some comics when they came out but usually graphic novels I waited until a used copy came back and could get it cheaper. The comic store was a ways away from home so I didn't get to go very often, maybe a few times a year until I got older then tried to go every couple of months.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 6:16 pm

The second one that Simon Bisley did the artwork for was the first one I also bought of this crossover. I loved his artwork for both Sláine and ABC Warriors back in the day but lost touch with what he's up to now a days. I was thinking the other day that it would be good to re-read some early Dredd stories so will have to check out some case file graphic novels at the library. I remember the Chopper arc was a good one and another character story I'd love to re-read is form Strontium Dog called The Killing. They even made a ZX Spectrum game for that story (early UK computer from the 80's). One other character I used to really like from 2000AD was Rogue Trooper who I believe is also getting the 3A action figure treatment, happy days!

Ian
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:50 pm

Big thanks to Bryan for sending me a bunch of loose Judge Dredd Mega Heroes cheers  cheers  Therse are such great little figures and the bike is a real treat too. Thanks Bryan, I love them!

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 2000ad10

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 2000ad11

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 2000ad12

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 2000ad13
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:57 pm

Nice to see a loose set of these figures and top mark to Bryan!

I've picked up a few things recently myself so will have to post some more pictures. Also ordered Mortis from 3A yesterday, can't wait to receive some of these 3A figures and get them on display.

Ian
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Palifan wrote:
Nice to see a loose set of these figures and top mark to Bryan!

I've picked up a few things recently myself so will have to post some more pictures. Also ordered Mortis from 3A yesterday, can't wait to receive some of these 3A figures and get them on display.

Ian

Look forward to the pics Ian bounce
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 29, 2016 9:34 pm

Still haven't gotten any of the 3a stuff, but I am keeping it on my mind.

Paul that is a complete loose set. Glad it made it. I was getting worried it was lost, and since it was a surprise, I didn't want to say anything to you about it. Glad they got there.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 3:46 pm

Thanks Bryan, I reaised it was a full set after doing some research on the line today - so even better I have a complete run, thanks man cheers  I took some better pics having matched them up to their original configurations they were sold in. I think for small figures there are a lot of good details in them.

Judge vs Mutant (JD Lawmaster MK IV, Cursed Earth Mutant)
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 Judge_10

Squad Leader Judge Hunter, Mean Machine Angel, Chief Justice Fargo
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 Mean_m10

Rico, Judge Death, Street Judge Hershey

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 Rico_h10

Ugly Pugley, Fink Angel, Block War Dredd
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 Ugly_p10

Under City Perp, Fergie, Lawgiver Dredd
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 Under_10

ABC Robot and Riot Armor Dredd
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 Abc_ro10
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 11:26 pm

That's some great photos and here's a couple of things I've picked up -
Attachments
Dredd01a.jpg
Finally picked up a legacy Dredd after thinking I didn't want one....how wrong I was! Also a nice Dredd cut out stand from the mid 90's. The small Dredd bike I also have is a Hot Wheels Smash and Crash one I didn't know existed until recently.
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(175 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Dredd02.jpg
Nothing really new here other than a Dredd comic book shop window advertisement again from the mid 90's.
(181 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Dredd03.jpg
And finally a selection of the US reprint comics of Dredd from early to mid 80's. I'm not sure if we had these in the UK but as I've been reading some many Dredd graphic novels from the library of late I thought I'd pick up a set of these, 20 left to get!
(142 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Palifan on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:32 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 11:41 pm

Sorry about the size of my pictures but this system is telling me I'm not allowed any more space to upload pictures?!

Does anyone know if this get's changed at some point or is that the end of me posting pictures?

Ian

Edit - All fixed now and a big thanks to John! Very Happy

Last edited by Palifan on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next