The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 11:57 pm

@darthberizing

Ian, using the attachment option limits the amount of attachments allowed. We are discussing how to expand this, but it will still always be limited. The other ways to post photos should still work, but this attachment one is still new to us and we are still exploring it a bit. If you go to your profile there is an attachment tab and you can see the attachments you have. Deleting them will delete them from the threads they are in so for now please leave them in place to keep the pics in the threads in case they are needed.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 12:31 am

Thanks for letting me know Bryan, appreciate it and it's what I thought. As of now I don't have any space left but may delete the odd picture to add more. I'm guessing the other way to add pictures is by using a photo site and imbedding the link to it in some way? I remember trying this a long time ago and never having any luck with it but as I know most people use this way of doing things I'm guessing it isn't rocket science Laughing

Maybe it's worth a quick chat to the guys on SWFUK as I know Ed updated things recently that even though I think you can only add 3 (or maybe a few more now), pictures per thread there doesn't seem to be a problem for people to upload their pictures. Maybe it's a UK thing that's free or cheaper to do than the US but it is a shame that there's such a limited amount of space as I've hardly posted any pictures up in all my time on here so the space seems very limited.

Thanks again for taking the time to let me know what's going on and back to the top Dredd thread that seems to be keeping me more busy than Star Wars ones at the moment (probably as I've got over 100 Dredd comics to work my way through!). Very Happy

Ian
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:19 am

Ive reset the attachment to the max of 99. Should have you in action
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 11:48 am

Thanks for that, I really do appreciate it! Very Happy

I'll enlarge the last few pictures a bit later but will keep an eye on how many I post and trim a few back that are just repeating things. I have one more Dredd thing to show that's hopefully on it's way to me and then I'll just have to wait for the 3A items to appear (they really do take their sweet time with sending stuff out over there). Also the Mezco Dredd bike should be out this month so really looking forward to seeing this in person.

Thanks again!

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 3:39 pm

The serv image option is fairly easy, still requires copying a link but you don't need an outside photo hosting site.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5234-how-to-contact-the-tig-team-how-to-upload-pictures-to-the-forum

John said he has helped with the attachment deal, but keep in mind there is still limits to the space. If you go into profile at the menu bar and click on the attachments tab in there you can see the attachments you have made. There is options to select them and delete them, but again deleting the attachments takes them out of the thread and may make the thread lose info, so be very selective if you do this as we don't want threads to lose important info. Of course the pics belong to the members so it is your choice, but for the sake of someone reading an older thread it is better if the pics and info are not removed.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Sure thing Bryan, I'll keep things as they are for the future and take a look at this other method for uploading.

Cheers!

Ian
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Here's my latest Dredd related pickup for my collection!

It's a plastic Bally pinball promo stand/topper from 1993 (I think). I really can't seem to find out much about it or it's real use so if anyone has any information then please pass it on.

I really like this item and have been after one for a while now and this one came unused and still sealed in it's plastic bag. Unfortunately once I opened it up I discovered that it smelt quite badly of sick! Laughing I guess these plastic items need to breath to stay fresh but I've put all the pieces into sealed bags with baking soda to try and get rid of the smell, so hopefully I'll be able to put it in my cabinet soon.

Ian
Attachments
Pinball3.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(110 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 5:06 pm

That is awesome. I had one on my watchlist on eBay forever hoping the guy would lower the price, but he never did. From what I was told these were counter displays for the arcade and were not attached to the pinball machines itself
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:14 am

Thanks Bryan, I missed out on a couple of these but noticed this one the other day. I recently discovered that another one went up as a BIN a few hours before the auction on the one I have ended which was a shame. It came with a few other bits at a good price but it's just nice to get one and unused as well.

There are a couple on eBay at the moment (just like buses you wait all day then 2 come along!), but the sellers are being a bit over ambitious with their asking price. They my budge a bit but I do think these things shouldn't be more than the $30-$40 mark.

I did think they probably weren't attached to the pinball game as it looks like a golden eagle is the topper for it but in the listings most people refer to them also as a topper which is a little confusing. Makes sense that they would be on the counter or something so thanks for the info.

Looking forward to getting it in my display and hopefully I can get rid of the slight smell.

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:55 am

If you search judge dredd pinball and comb through there are two really high right now. One at $75 and another at $119 I think it was. If you look at the ended there is what I think is yours in the bag and the one at $25 buy it now which had speaker covers and a key fob(?) and another that sold at $49 so I think you got a decent deal. The one at $75 has been in my watch list for a year I think. I keep hoping the guy lowers it and he just keeps resisting as a best offer. He won't go down to $50 though I had offered and he came back and told me the lowest he would go is $60 or $65 (I forgot as it has been a while). I want one, but it is more of a want not need. Since you have one is the back with the city a cardboard piece? I think dredd and Anderson are acrylic or are mounted on acrylic, but the backdrop doesn't have the same shine so I thought it must be cardboard. I would also love to have the pinball machine itself but they go for like $3000 and even locally in the DFW they are selling that high. I am not willing to go that.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 10:19 am

The backdrop with the city is acrylic, as is everything else. It probably has a slightly different look due to it being a picture/transfer that fills the acrylic.

Really do love the artwork and look of it though, the colours really pop! I agree that the two on at the moment are priced to high and found another that sold for $23.45 (looking under Dredd plastic), which shows you that these do come up fairly often. I'm happy with the price I paid, particularly as it's unused but do wish I'd noticed the one that sold the same day as it would have been nice to get the other bits with it (that key fob thing goes for over $20 on it's own!). Can't grumble though, just happy to get one Very Happy

Ian
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:06 pm

Ian, congrats on the Bally topper cheers  That is one cool display item. Looks like Judge Anderson on a Lawmaster in the background too.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Thanks for that, it is a sweet piece and I'm pretty sure it's Judge Anderson as well due to the lack of helmet.

Cheers Very Happy

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:19 pm

I was guessing Anderson because of the hair color. The only female judges I know of are Hershey and Anderson and Hershey is black hair right? There may be more but admittedly I haven't had huge exposure to the dredd universe.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Admittedly that's the only two main female players I remember clearly although there was also Judge McGrude who was the chief Judge for a while (even though the artwork always makes her look like a man for some reason?!) . I know there are a few others that have repeated in the comics but those are the main ones that have been in a bunch of issues. Oh and yes Hershey does have dark hair.

Ian
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Palifan wrote:
Here's my latest Dredd related pickup for my collection!

It's a plastic Bally pinball promo stand/topper from 1993 (I think). I really can't seem to find out much about it or it's real use so if anyone has any information then please pass it on.

I really like this item and have been after one for a while now and this one came unused and still sealed in it's plastic bag. Unfortunately once I opened it up I discovered that it smelt quite badly of sick! Laughing I guess these plastic items need to breath to stay fresh but I've put all the pieces into sealed bags with baking soda to try and get rid of the smell, so hopefully I'll be able to put it in my cabinet soon.

Ian

That's a really sweet display! Nice, vibrant colors!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Ok, I haven't dug backwards to see who volunteered to do a dredd for me in a while. If you did, would you bump this thread and let me know if your actually doing something. Some of the guys are no longer around this forum, but I am trying to get some in progress pics.

Also Mark (lobotic) has said he will do a custom one of a kind sketch for me. If you haven't seen his work, jump over to the limelight section and check his limelight.

@lobotic
Mark, feel free to bump this thread with the sketch also if you want to. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 7:56 am

@Trappedtexan Bryan, I added some more paintwork to Mean since the last pics I sent you recently. His 'new head' is secure but unfortunately non-articulated now lol!

Just the face and arms to paint and it's done.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2016 12:56 pm

Sweet.

@nico Andy are you still doing the santa one?

@ourchickenshack James I know time is an issue your way, have you had a chance to work on the dredd or death?

Besides you guys I am not sure if any of the others will do the ones signed up for. I know Jay said he is not able to when last I spoke to him (lots of health issues) and Alex is also busy with his own thing going on these days. Don't remember anyone else saying they would do one, but still haven't gone backwards in here to see for sure.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Thought I'd share these neat 2000 AD Star Wars crossover bits and pieces. First one is from 2000 AD and Tornado, Prog 166, 1980, and features a cover by Brian Bolland for the Electronic Battle Command game.

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 2000_a11

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 2000_a10

Also inside a Bolland pin up of Judge Hershey.
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 2000_a13

It's not the first time SW has featured on the cover and inside of 2000 AD. Here is a my copy of Prog 44 from 1977.
There might be others but these are the two I know so far.

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 2000ad11

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 2000ad12

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 2000ad10
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 2:28 pm

those are both really cool. Did you say the one with the game on it was a cover? We don't have covers like that in the US. I haven't seen a cover that doubles as an ad anyway. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 8:06 am

Bryan asked me to sketch a Dredd for him it is finished now cheers cheers

Let me know what you think Bryan and pm me so i can post....this is the whole process...........

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 20160523
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 20160524
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 20160526
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 20160528
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 20160527
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 20160525
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 8:16 am

I'll say it for Bryan:

HOLY COW!

:Drool: bounce
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 8:28 am

Thanks Matt Embarassed Embarassed its not as good as professionals just look at the hershey above!! but i am getting better as an amateur lol!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 9:11 am

That is freaking awesome. Great job, don't forget to sign it somewhere
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next