The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 9:50 pm

Lawmaster is $100 extra on top of the $65 for the fig?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 10:02 pm

That's the way it looks if you order them as a bundle, if separate then it is more I think. The mezco one is more than that I linked it earlier in this thread. I kind of like the mezco law master better, but haven't really decided on which figure. 3a also released or is releasing some of the dark judges. They have judge death on preorder I think and I think I saw another dark judge, but need to look it up and see.

Either way my Star Wars fund has been brought to a standstill with this side collection having taken my primary interest now.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 5:42 am

I just checked the mezco law master.. tough choice! I'm familiar with them because they do some really nice Hellboy figures that I plan to add eventually.

I'm in the same situation as you with the whole "main collection at a standstill" thing. I say just go with your gut on which you like more at the moment.. because you know eventually down the road you'll want both Laughing
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 2:53 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
I just checked the mezco law master.. tough choice! I'm familiar with them because they do some really nice Hellboy figures that I plan to add eventually.

I'm in the same situation as you with the whole "main collection at a standstill" thing. I say just go with your gut on which you like more at the moment.. because you know eventually down the road you'll want both Laughing

I have the mezco carded 3 3/4 comic con hellboy but that's the only one I have so far. My Star Wars collection is done except for variant stuff and for the most part I think it is pretty much throwing in the towel on those. I do still need the droids line, but I don't want to try to piece them out as prices seem to be getting higher everyday.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Sweet. Take a pic of HB sometime if and when you have the time!

I feel like taking breaks on collections (or in general) are a great way to appreciate what you have already. Especially when you forget you have certain pieces and it's a joyful reminder once you see it again. lol!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 6:21 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
Sweet. Take a pic of HB sometime if and when you have the time!

I feel like taking breaks on collections (or in general) are a great way to appreciate what you have already. Especially when you forget you have certain pieces and it's a joyful reminder once you see it again. lol!  

Speaking of this, you probably haven't gotten there yet but I find stuff all the time that I completely forgot about. I am always looking for things and expanding and I bought a han carbonite somewhere around 10 years ago and tucked it away in the attic, found it in a box last year after I bought a second one thinking it was a first one. Glad I bought the second one though as the first was repainted which is why it relegated to the attic I guess (cant remember truthfully why I hid it away :scratch: ) Sucks getting old.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 7:25 pm

Bryan, I have not forgot the Dredd Santa mate, waiting for a couple of beaters to arrive, then we start the process cheers
I'll be getting tips from our good mate James and the other experts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 7:51 pm

No rush Andy. Only one that is in hand so far is the one Jim made. Though I have one on the way from Canada from what I here. cheers
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 12:47 am

Yup it should be there on or around the 11th Smile
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Just noticed this thread and I'm also a big Dredd fan. I started reading 2000AD from prog one as a child and can still remember the day I came home to find that my Mum had thrown out the first 100 issues as she said they had silver fish in them! Mad

Such a great character and I also watched the first Dredd movie in the cinema on release and was totally with it until Stallone opened his mouth. The new film is much better and I work with the directors brother but sadly it looks like there will be no sequel even though there were a lot of talks about it.

Anyway I've bought into the Mezco figures with the first one available and pre ordered the cursed earth Dredd and Lawmaster. For quite a while I was unsure about Dredd being in black as I always saw him in a dark blue outfit as in the comic. After reading up though about the artists he's definitely meant to be in black and although I've seen pictures of a Mezco Dredd and Lawmaster in dark blue (which will probably get released at some point as a direct edition through Mezco's site), I feel the black is probably the way to go for me as maybe the blue won't get a release if there's not enough interest in it. I've also pre ordered the 3A editions of Dredd and the Lawmaster as I like the older design of them. My 3A Judge Death arrived the other day as well as I really like the card back artwork on it. I think it's safe to say that Star Wars has had to take a bit of a backseat recently but I'm happy with the size of my collection in this area for now.

One last thing that I've picked up is the 12" Karl Urban Dredd. This is an unofficial figure made I think in Japan and has Artistic Interpretation Artfigures written on the box. I guess they didn't get the licence for this character and I think it's the same company that has made some Blade Runner ones also (don't really know too much about them as you can probably tell). The figure is really good quality in that Hot Toys kind of way and was the first thing I picked up before the other brands Dredds were on the market.

A good read if you enjoyed the latest movie is the Urban Warfare graphic novel, nice artwork and feels in the same world as the movie. The Alex Garland Illustrated Script and Visuals is also a nice book with fantastic illustrations in it by Jock.

Think that's my lot for now but I'll try to post up some pictures at some point as my collection grows. Hopefully someone like Super7 will give us some 3-3/4 figures at some point as well.

Ian
Attachments
Dredd.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(1 Mb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 12:01 am

That art toys figure is awesome. I have one, but am upgrading one thing I disliked about it. His hands. Why they chose the weird bendy hands is beyond me, so I am trying different hands that are molded to see which I like the best. So far I have tried some generic ones from monkey depot, but I found a customized one that used a hot toys snake eyes hands and it looked great. I also got some of the zip cuffs for his belt and a clasp for them to attach to his belt. The cursed earth dredd is a blue suit from the pics I have seen. According to big bad toy store it is going to ship soon as I have it also on preorder. I have the regular mezco already. There is an equally awesome dredd figure and law master coming out from threeA that looks amazing. I think I posted a link earlier in the thread. The law master from mezco is equally as cool, but I just can't decide which I like better. I also have a few statues of dredd that I absolutely love as well as the 6 inch figures from both the legendary heroes line and the 2000a.d. Line. The dredd side focus is becoming quite awesome. I will have to get some good pics of the things I have and add them here, but have a crap camera right now. Might try my phone camera and the new upload system to see how it works.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 12:47 am

I agree with you about the hands being a little bit of a letdown although I did tighten the wrist straps to try to get the most shape out of them, you'll have to post up some pictures once you're done changing yours over. I do really like this figure although he's a little tall for the cabinet I have him in so can't quite get the right pose.

As for the cursed earth Dredd it is a blue suit but looks to be quite bright and has been referred to as the Disco Dredd. I was really unsure about this one for a while but then realised that the helmet is a different sculpt (based on his earlier comic look), and I think the body shape is also different. I will be very happy if it turns out to be the darker blue suit I saw a picture of at a convention standing next to a dark blue Lawmaster but I get the feeling that will be another version like the Mezco direct edition Dark Knight the made (I also have that one which is amazing!).

As I mentioned I ended up going for the ThreeA series Dredd and Lawmaster as well due to the difference in the sculpt. I had some spare cash at the time and thought it was worth picking up although I ordered it from Bambaland so have no idea what they're like for shipping items so it is a bit of a risk. Can't wait to see how they all compare and I'll post some pictures up once I have them in hand.

Look forward to seeing your collection Bryan when you get the chance and love the other lines you mentioned although I have to draw the line somewhere.

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 9:12 pm

I somehow totally blanked on the threeA part of your other post. I know you have to draw the line, but threeA is also putting out some dark judges. You thinking on them? The judge death is up for preorder, but I think I saw another that was in prototype stage or something.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 10:22 pm

I already have Judge Death (the colour version) and noticed some pictures online of the other two dark judges, Mortis and Fear last night.

scroll down to the 'Our Booth At Toysoul 2015' and take a look at them -

http://www.worldofthreea.com

I wasn't thinking of getting any more of them after Death but now I've seen the pictures I may well be tempted by them when they become available for pre-order. Really love the artwork on the packaging for these so I'm sure I'll end up buying into them.

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 10:55 pm

Those look amazing. I didn't know that they were also doing the law master in both a black and a blue. I didn't grow up reading the comics, but the ones I have checked out so far I really like the eagle comics colors as they stand out to me more. So I lean towards the blue suit with green and yellow accents being the pads. Do you have a picture of the card artwork? I will try to google it and see as I haven't seen these yet.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 10:40 am

I know what you mean about the Blue version and it's the same thing I went through with the possible release of the darker blue Mezco one but lent towards black in the end (mainly as it was the only one available at the time lol). Blue was always the way I saw Dredd growing up but when I received my Mezco Dredd in black I was pretty happy with it.

Here's my Death and the black and white version is on a bronze card back with different artwork but I can't find a picture at the moment…….here it is! -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Judge-Death-3A-1-12-Figure-Exclusive-Black-White-Comic-Book-2000AD-ThreeA-/111821482391?hash=item1a09146997%3Ag%3AMEEAAOSwYHxWQvAX&nma=true&si=UQzx45TPbTu6H8qy3Xv3atAzGEE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Ian
Attachments
Death1.jpg
(521 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Death2.jpg
(446 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 3:04 pm

Those look fantastic. Thanks for sharing. The cardback must be 9-10 inches tall. i would love to find these loose as I plan on breaking my mezco out of his box to display when I get another case.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 4:49 pm

Palifan, that Judge Death is awesome cheers The Karl Urban figure is great too. I agree it would great to see some 3 3/4 figs come out.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Thanks for the comments and I can't decide if I should open Death up for displaying as the card back's a little big for my cabinet. Maybe if I can open it with no real damage I may go for it as I'm going to have the same problem with the Dredd figure once that arrives (I also quite like reseals which you'll see if you get the chance to check out my Palitoy resealed collection - http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4978-palitoy-reseal-focus
Desperately needs an update to include the first 10 released 30 backs that I've picked up since posting the thread)

A set of 3 3/4 figures would do the trick though for displaying them and they could make quite an interesting set of figures from all the great Dredd stories that are out there (not to mention other 2000AD ones like ABC Warriors).

Ian
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 11:17 pm

Just a quick heads up to let you know that Judge Fear becomes available for pre-order at Bambaland on January 13th, Happy New Year! Very Happy

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 12:48 pm

Thanks for the heads up on that. I still haven't decided on the threeA stuff, ultimately I think I will order the dredd and lawmaster combo to save a bit of money, but I don't know yet.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 4:26 pm

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t8285-my-judge-dredd-build-for-bryan

The link above is the awesome judge dredd and a surprise that Larry did for me. cheers
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Thanks for adding the link never thought to put it here lol.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 1:00 am

Thought I'd post up a few pictures of my collection so far. I've also just ordered the new Epoch Anderson so hoping it looks as good as the pictures ( and not have the same hair as the Artfigure version  Laughing  )

Ian
Attachments
Dredd1.jpg
(962 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Dredd2.jpg
(975 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Dredd3.jpg
(908 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Palifan, that's a great looking collection cheers  The Mega Heroes packs look fun - I didn't know that line. Online I can see they made a Dredd, Hershey, Rico, Death, Mean Machine and Fink Angel, and Ugly Fugley. What others did they do? I think I saw a bike as well.

Here's an update of the Reanimated Mean Machine custom figure I'm making for Bryan using vintage SW parts. It's taking me ages but am getting there. I had to make new headgear and choose a new head as the old one looked crap. Needs a bit more sculpting, as does the arm I made, but I gave it a grey paint over to see how it was shaping up.

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 Wp_20111

loosely based on this version of MM:

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 Min_by10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next