The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 2:22 pm

Congrats Ian, that looks well cool cheers Loving that display shelf :Drool:

Palifan wrote:
My Mezco Lawmaster finally arrived!

It looks great with the lights on and was worth the wait in the end.....now I just have to see if I can say the same for the pile of 3A Dredd related purchases I made almost a year ago.

Oh and this 12" beauty is in coming if you haven't noticed it - http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2016/09/only-other-product-line-i-am-currently.html

Ian
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 5:23 pm

[quote="Artoo_Detour"]Congrats Ian, that looks well cool cheers Loving that display shelf :Drool:

Thanks man Very Happy

Looks like Mezco are finally going to release the dark blue Dredd and Lawmaster as well now but the standard black version is as far as I'm going to go with this line. If I was going to get another Lawmaster it would have been the B&W one but it ended up being just to expensive due to how limited a run it was. I'm wondering if it'll be the same thing with the dark blue version and it's a shame this one wasn't available with the black version as I may well have gone with it. I'm still happy enough though with the standard version and it is the true color scheme that the artists came up with all those years ago.

http://blog.mezcotoyz.com/2016-mezco-toyz-con-exclusives-nycc-sneak-peek/?utm_source=MezcoNewsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=OneOff&utm_content=2016ConExclWave2SneakPeek

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Any new dredd stuff from anyone? Unfortunately I haven't added to my dredd stuff at all. I have so many collections going I think I need to get rid of a few just to keep up in others. :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 3:58 am

I have received my 3A dread and 3A fear and mortis but am still waiting on my lawmaster and comic book edition Dredd. It's been close to 6 weeks since these last two were apparently shaped to me but still no sign of them. 3A have a lot to answer for where delivery is a concern but I'm still holding out some hope that they'll arrive at some point. It does take the shine off of these figures so I really do hope they arrive soon to help restore some faith in 3A.

Ian
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 12:18 am

Quick update of my Dredd collection. The Dredd and old style Lawmaster are from 3A as well as the Dark Judges and took 2.5 months to arrive from when they sent me the tracking numbers?! I've never had to wait so long for something to arrive but glad they're here now.

I do love the sculpt of these 3A figures more so than the Mezco ones but the build quality just isn't there and I managed to break two wrist joints by just changing their hands. Luckily I work at a stop motion studio and managed to get the riggers to knock me up some ball and sockets that we use for our armatures to fix the problem. Now two of the Dark Judges have metal wrist joints and are way better than the other ones  Very Happy .

Ian
Attachments
IMG_0362-1.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(274 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_0363-1.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(267 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 12:44 am

Seeing them side by side the 3a bike looks a lot smaller than the mezco. Odd considering the figures are the same scale. I did back off the dredd stuff but had ordered the epoch cop judge Anderson from the dredd movie a long while back and forgot about it. I finally got it but haven't done pics yet.

As far as the art figures dredd I talked about switching to molded hands and have tried three different styles but haven't found one I like yet. The last set looks the best but they seem to hold the gun at an unnatural angle so not quite happy with it. My plan is find a set i like and then cut the back part of the glove off and glue it in place to the heal of the hand so it doesn't effect the wrist joint. I just hate those bendy hands so much I wish they had made the figure with molded hands. I also considered painting the gold on the armor as I have seen others do, but since I haven't checked the matchup of it to the epoch cop I may not. If they both have the dark armor look I will likely leave it as is.

I do still want the 3a stuff but hearing the quality is lesser I may pass. I don't care for the exaggerated frown the 3a dredd appears to have, like a person without teeth frowning kind of. The dark judges will likely not be made by mezco though so that may be the only way to get them. Mezco seems to bounce around on which license it wants to do. I am hoping they will revisit the dark knight returns also as I need a Frank Miller Superman to go with the Batman.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 11:46 am

The scale of the 3A Lawmaster doesn't worry me to much as it seems to fit Dredd and I do like the look of these figures compared to Mezco as they've gone a bit more on the realistic side with all the weathering. One thing I did hear today though was that the weathering paint is coming off of Dredd from people who handle the figure lots so it's another minus point for 3A. I get the feeling that they rushed packing these figures up after painting them as I know they had problems with something on Dredd and when I opened my figures up there was a strong smell of paint that came off of them. This would also make sense with the wrist joints breaking as I noticed the pegs had paint on them which means they were painted for some reason?! These pegs should never have been painted as they were probably still wet when the hands were put on and then probably stuck to the hands when they dried. I'm still happy to have them though and I think the 6th scale Dredd that's coming from 3A will be much better due to the increased scale.

I agree with the AF Dredd's wire hands looking a bit rubbish and have also ordered the epoch Anderson but am waiting to see if she arrives. I don't think her head sculpt is that accurate but at least she comes with sculpted hands and although the likeness isn't really from the movie, it's appealing enough to have as a female Judge. I did go back and fourth with the epoch and AF version of her and both have pluses and minuses but ended up thinking I would swap out some of the epoch clothing for AF to get what I'm after. Maybe if 3A end up making a large scale Anderson it'll be the best version but for now I'm looking forward to their 1:12 scale Johnny Alpha.

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 2:41 pm

I searched the net and found a forum where they discussed the Anderson, cant remember what the forum was though. Seems it was something like 1/6 warriors or something like that. Anyway some of them were saying the Anderson wasn't what we were shown with the prototype pics when it was put up for preorder. They had side by side pics of the head on the figure and the preorder pics and you can see the sculpt is the same, it is the hair that got changed. The figure has much longer hair than the prototype pics show so instead of ending above the neckline it ends more around the shoulder. She kind of sort of resembles the actress from certain angles, but for sure is not a dead on likeness. I figure she will be on a shelf with her helmet on instead of holding her helmet as I had planned. It is an alright figure and the very limited amount of handling I did it seemed more durable than the art figure. One plus with the epoch for me is she came with the uniform and all on so all I have to try to put on is the belt, holster, and misc pouches. My art figures dredd I had to put on the vest and snapped on of the clips right away as I had no idea how it worked, also broke the lawgivers barrel peg trying to switch them out, but was able to get a free replacement for that as the old barrel was stuck in place so wasn't able to remove as it is supposed to.

I still want the old Ace girls mission judge Hershey if anyone ever sees one come up for sale (complete). There has been one parted out on ebay with all that's left being the body and boots if those are even left. I saw one sold back in nov-dec of 2016 but I wasn't searching often enough to get a chance on it.

Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 3:20 pm

I think I noticed that thread you mentioned about the prototype and can see they've made her hair longer. I may well cut mine or get one of the hair people at work to take a look for me as getting the hair right is going to be key to this character. It's good to know she comes assembled more or less as Dredd was a pain to set up and I think I broke the odd thing assembling him. I ordered mine ages ago so I've no idea if it will ever show up but with all the 3A action I've had sent to me recently and happy enough with what I have and can always wait until another time for her.

Best of luck with the Hershey, I do like the look of these ones more based on the Stallone film and have noticed there's another Stallone Dredd either released or coming soon. There's fun in the simplicity of them and I'm just happy this line is getting recognized now as back in the late 70's when 2000AD came out there really was nothing.

Ian
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 3:34 pm

I picked up some lots of 80s and 90s 2000 AD comics these past couple weeks in anticipation of the comic's 40th birthday. Thought I'd share a few pics of some of the cool covers and art I've scanned so far. Some interesting customs too which shows how the comic always encouraged it's readers to take part in art and design submissions by publishing their work.

The dark judges models. 2000 AD sci-fi special 1983
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 The_da10

Models 2000 AD sci-fi special 1982
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 Models10

2000 ad sci fi special 1988 cover by steve dillon
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 2000_a13

2000 ad sci-fi special 1985 strontium dog scissor scan
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 2000_a16

2000 ad sci-fi special Halo Jones poster by Ian Gibson
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 2000_a17

Sheeva by Brett Ewins. 2000 AD Prog 578. 1988
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 Sheeva10

Tharg pin-up. 2000 AD. Prog 319. 1983
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 Tharg-10

2000 ad sci-fi special 1980 Thargus Maximus
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 2000_a18

2000 AD Prog 578 1988
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 2000_a21

2000 ad scifi special 1982 ian gibson cover
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 2000_a14

2000 ad scifi special 1985 ian gibson cover
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 2000_a15

2000 AD Sci-Fi Special 1980
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 2000_a10

2000 AD Sci-Fi Special 1983
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 2000_a12

2000 AD Prog 548 1987. Cover by Brett Ewins
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 2000_a19

2000 AD Slaine by Glenn Fabry 1987. Prog 524.
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 2000_a20

2000 AD Prog 580 1988
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 2000_a22

2000 AD Prog 524 1987 Cover by Brendan McCarthy
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 2000_a23

Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Some great covers there and I remember a few of these well. Love the dark Judges customs and the Strontium Dog cut out figure. I picked up a Johnny Alpha Re-Action figure this week and am currently listening to the 2000AD podcast so it's all things Dredd and 2000AD still for me!

Can't wait for the release of the 3A 12" Dredd and 1:12 Johnny Alpha when they get released. It looks like there's going to be a 12" Anderson, Death, Giant and Johnny Alpha coming our way as well which is amazing. I cancelled my regular 3A 12" Dredd in black and ordered the Blue Cursed earth version but do wonder how that colorway will sit in with Anderson if they only release her in black. Might look a bit strange but I do want at least one Dredd in blue which was the way I always saw him growing up (probably due to the way he was often colored in the comic).

Exciting times and thanks for sharing the images.

Ian
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 4:08 pm

Cheers Ian, that's cool you got the Johnny Alpha ReAction figure, I'm still on the look out for that one along with Durham Red. Exciting stuff going on at the moment for 2000 AD! I recently rewatched the Stallone Dredd movie and although it still kind of sucks I was impressed more this time around by the visuals and colour. Along with the comic lots I also picked up the graphic novel of the Bad Company stories. I've got most of the original strips in comic format and reprints, but nice to get my hands on a hard copy.

Bad Company. Goodbye, Krool World. 2000 AD. 2005. Cover by Brendan McCarthy.
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 Bad_co10
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 4:32 pm

That's a great cover and I remember really enjoying Bad Company when it came out but haven't re-read any since then, another on my ever growing list of things to read.

I started reading 2000AD from prog 1 until probably 7-800. I think the last ones I had are still at my parents house in a couple of big bags so I'll have to get hold of them when I'm in the UK next. I've picked up loads of the Dredd, Anderson and a few other US reprints which has been a great way of getting back into them. I'm also part way through Thrillpower Overload, the 40th anniversary book which is a great read and getting some of the history surrounding all these great characters and stories. It's been a fun time reconnecting with it all and plan to continue doing so for quite some time.

Ian
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Definitely been good to reconnect again. I read them in the late 70s then dropped off early 80s, picked up again with the US Eagle reprints in the mid-late 80s. I stopped again when (I think it was) Quality Comics took over and I didn't like the new format. These past few years have been a buzz though. It's been good to go through some back issues and start adding them again. It's also been good to get hold of a few figures too which I knew nothing about until this thread, so cheers to Bryan for starting it cheers
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Some great covers and pinups and what not. Really cool to see those customs. I haven't really gotten anything at all lately collection wise. I need to slim down things I think, got to many collections but truly dredd has become my focus pretty much since I put this thread up.

I know a lot don't like the stallone movie and I admit the Karl Urban dredd was much cooler, but since the stallone dredd is where I was pretty much introduced to dredd and it has some of the main characters I see in comic (war robot and mean machine) and some of the main places you see like the outlands or wastelands or whatever, it is more cannon to me and I really enjoy watching it. Not to mention the costumes are more comic inspired than the newer movie costume.

Since most of my comic exposure to dredd has been to the newer US print comics, I am a fan of those. I don't think I have read any of the 2000AD but I got some dredd magazine where it has multiple storylines in each issue and they all continue in the next issue, I am not a fan of that. I like to read a comic and it be a stand alone so if I don't have the next one I am not waiting and wondering what happened.

It is neat to see these though and I looked up the first appearance of dredd in comics, it is still fairly reasonable in cost. I am not really interested in it as he isn't on the cover and it would then not really be a display thing. Lately I have been looking for original comic art of dredd to get a piece and frame it. Have seen a few but haven't found one that just caught my eye to the point I wanted to drop money yet.
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 2:10 am

A great fan produced Strontium Dog film has just been released on Youtube.
Johnny Alpha's one of 2000 a.d's less famous creations, but if you enjoy Dredd this might just be up your street:

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 2:44 pm

I remember we spoke of this character in here before. Not sure we talked about him being a bounty hunter. That was a cool little film. Even though it was obviously low budget it had some ok cg stuff in it. And a decent story. Those more familiar with the character, was this a good adaptation?
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 3:37 pm

It's been years since I read any Strontium Dog stories, but from what I recall it's pretty faithful.

Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 2:07 pm

Here's Durham Red:
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 33133082298_55e31605d9_c
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 46094599775_9c75f05d97_c

Cool feature, small magnets instead of holsters.
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 47008374761_a0b9420c3d_c
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Very nice. Looks like the one from the Re-Action line? I still need Durham and Johnny Alpha to finish my run. The magnets are an interesting touch.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: 1999 2000 AD ReAction figures   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 1:53 pm

cheers cheers
Finally got me a Durham Red and Johnny Alpha figure to finish my 1999 2000 AD ReAction set!

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 Durham10

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 Durham11

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 Durham12

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 Johnny11

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 Johnny10

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 Johnny12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7