The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 12:03 pm

FU

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 12:07 pm

FU

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:33 pm

Hey guys! I'm not a very loyal IGF member I guess, with not much messages in the past year or so. I lack the time to do so, with 4 daughters and new challenges at work in the past two years.

However, I still collect toys, mostly Star Wars (both vintage and modern) and my collection has been growing and growing., especially with the new movie that came out lately (loved it, can't wait for the next chapter, and can't wait for Rogue One as well!)

However, I'm still somehow focussed on my AD&D LJN collection, trying to catch on the figures and creatures on my wishlist, one by one, patiently filling the voids.

I'm honestly still looking at some missing pieces and parts to complete my figures and sets. I've looked at eBay and such and trying to find these parts at decent prices is not easy. Living in Canada, the shipping prices usually kills any good deal I can find there...

These are the parts I'm looking for. If anyone of you has these as spare you'd be willing to part with, let me know...

From Basic Action Figures:
- Young Male Titan Spear
- Young Male Titan Belt
- Young Male Titan Sword

PVC Monsters
- Crown Treasure (from the Minotaur)
- Dungeons Treasure (from Umber Hulk)
- Deadly Grell
- Odious Ogre & Book of Magic
- Sinister Spectre & Linch
- Terrible Troll (no need of the goblin, I already have it)

From Fortress of Fangs Playset
- Missing 1 "False stone"

By the way, I'm on Instagram under the name JediPatrick. For anyone who want to see a little more of my obsession... Smile
Attachments
IMG_2373c.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(174 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2376c.jpg
(216 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2380c.jpg
(150 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Shelfie-JediPatrick-20160308c.jpg
(167 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:45 pm

Being here means your a member, don't consider yourself not loyal or whatever, your still part of the whole. Wink

That is an amazing collection room. What a Face

Good luck on your quests to complete your d&d figures. I have often thought of getting into d&d Lin stuff but I have to many collections going on already.
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:56 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Being here means your a member, don't consider yourself not loyal or whatever, your still part of the whole. Wink

Thanks! But I've not been a regular member... it's difficult to keep pace on forums for me nowadays... I used to write a lot in the past (pre-2010) on a canadian message board, but it's more and more difficult to find any time and I feel bad everytime I visit...

trappedtexan wrote:
That is an amazing collection room. What a Face

Thanks!! My wife calls this my "Star Wars Bunker". It's in the basement, under closed doors and a visitor would have no knowledge of my obsession if I do not open the door to my room. Otherwise, there's no sign of my SW obsession anywhere in my home... by respect for the rest of my family (wife and 4 daughters). Smile

trappedtexan wrote:
Good luck on your quests to complete your d&d figures.  I have often thought of getting into d&d Lin stuff but I have to many collections going on already.

Thanks! Not easy, but I'm somewhat patient. You need to be with these non mainstream type of collections...

By the way, what do you collect on your end?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:30 pm

I have a long list of stuff.  

1.  Star Wars vintage with variants and a focus on lili Ledy (have all Ledy but 1 I just found out about recently and due to prices the rest is on hold)
2.  Kenner super powers (only need a few accessories)
3.  Lin bionic six (completed)
4.  Spiral zone figures (completed the to a line need the bandai line)
5.  Mash 4077 figures (completed)
6.  Pirates of dark water figures (completed)
7.  Judge dredd figures and statues
8.  Marvel and dc figures I like
9.  Nolan Ryan starting lineups (just started)
10. Remco monsters (still need the glow ones and have half the non glow)

The good thing is some of these I am done and have them all so I kind of focus on what I want at the time.  I don't go for vehicles just the figures so I don't have any vehicles or play sets for anything other than the vintage Star Wars line.
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:41 pm

WOW!!! Shocked That's impressive!!! Do you actually display all these on shelves or cabinets? And do you have pictures? I'd really like to see all this! Very Happy

On my end, here' s the extent of my collection:

- Vintage SW loose figures (almost 95$ done, missing some POTF and variants), ships (about half) and playsets (about 75%)
- Modern SW line of 3-3/4" figures (most figures from 1996 and ongoing, loose and maybe 25% double MOC), ships and playsets
- Visionaries (Loose, complete)
- Classic Space Lego (just trying to get the 10 sets I had as a kid)
- Modern Indiana Jones line (loose complete)
- AD&D LJN line (about 75% complete)
- Some Sideshow/Hot Toys Star Wars 1/6th scale figures (about 10-12 at most)

But to be quite frank, being caught in the modern SW line, which is ever going, it's difficult to spend more on other portions of my collection. I would say 90% of my collecting budget goes on this portion. And when I have some time to breathe (when no more waves of new figures are in sight), I have some to spend on other portions of my collecting obsession. Smile
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 10:08 pm

The only things I have on display are the vintage Star Wars figures the super powers and a few dredd things and hot wheels (forgot to add those as I only collect hot wheels from movies or tv shows so not a large amount)

The vintage vehicles and modern Star Wars are all up in the attic.  The rest is stored in boxes in the spare bedroom of my house.  My wife told me I could transform it into a man cave, but it is full right now and I just don't have time.  Also have a lot in my closet.  I have a ton of silver and Bronze Age key issue comics and graphic novels as well but I don't really "collect" them any longer just have the ones I had.  

I have thought about calling an auction house to sell up as I have a lot of collectables I could move on.  I own a resale shop now and had bought a comic store at one time so I see a ton of stuff come through all the time.  Just last week someone brought me a few Marx marvel figures from the 60s.  I got three of the six in a gray plastic which near as I can tell were the first editions of them.

I loved the visionaries when I was a kid. They had those cool holographic stickers on their chest. Stefan started a classic Lego thread in this section also if you haven't seen it.
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 6:18 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
I have thought about calling an auction house to sell up as I have a lot of collectables I could move on.  I own a resale shop now and had bought a comic store at one time so I see a ton of stuff come through all the time.  Just last week someone brought me a few Marx marvel figures from the 60s.  I got three of the six in a gray plastic which near as I can tell were the first editions of them.

Ahhhhh! Don't do that! Keep it! I had this phase a few years back and wanted to part with at least 75% of my collection. I sold some larger pieces (Clone Turbo Tank for example, as well as some other ships) but never went to the point where I actually part with anything that I really valued. I paused for a little while, keeping my buying habits on the low side, but after 4-6 months I was back in business. However, this time I buy more carefully and pass on many stuff. Those 6 inches figures, for example, are never entering my home: I'm a 3.75" collector and couldn't manage to restart a collection with a new format of toys. Wouldn't have enough space anyway.

trappedtexan wrote:
I loved the visionaries when I was a kid.  They had those cool holographic stickers on their chest.

Yes, I loved them as well! But the only drawback I had when I was a kid was that they didn't come with their animal totem. Nowadays, I'm sure Hasbro would release such figures with fully articulated translucent plastic animals with each figure. Would be way too cool!!! :-)

trappedtexan wrote:
Stefan started a classic Lego thread in this section also if you haven't seen it.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll go and check that for sure!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 6:51 pm

Awesome photos of those D&D figures Wink
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 7:52 pm

walkie wrote:
Awesome photos of those D&D figures Wink

Thanks! Just fooling around with my action figures... Very Happy

Here's another take. The story continues, as Ringlerun saves the daring adventurers from the Battle Troll! Smile
Attachments
IMG_2407d.jpg
(63 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2411d.jpg
(69 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2392b-fxc.JPG
(88 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2393b-fxc.jpg
(76 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 8:41 pm

A few more pictures... Very Happy
Attachments
IMG_2415d.jpg
The Giants - Original version...
(73 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2420d.jpg
... and the Battlematic Shield Shooters version
(68 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2441d.jpg
The Evil Fighter Warduke mounting the Evil Evil Evil Nightmare
(73 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2445d.jpg
Deeth the Good Fighter mounting the Good Bronze Dragon
(82 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2446d.jpg
Bowmarc the Paladin running through the wilderness on his Good Destrier
(68 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 8:48 pm

And finally, Tiamat.

Was in terrible shape when I bought it at a Toy Show in 2007. Both broken Wing Tabs (but still had the tab for the left wing), broken arms sockets. But considering I both the toy for a mere 10 CAD$ including a complete loose Warduke, it was a steal, really!

So this past weekend, I managed to repair it by regluing the broken wing tab and adding a custom tab to the right wing. I also used hot glue to fix the arms to the arm pegs, filling the broken sockets fully and waiting for the glue to solidify on the pegs. The toy is now again fully functional, arms rotating fully and pinching like they should! Quite happy with the result! Especially considering what this thing sells for on eBay nowadays...
Attachments
IMG_2454-2455-2456-2457g.jpg
(109 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 10:04 pm

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Tiamat actually looks very good.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 1:05 am

That Tiamat looks fantastic with it all back together, absolute steel of a price as well!

Bryan, I also have a liking for those Remo Monsters and put together a complete loose run of the glow ones a while back. All my figures like this (as well as my Mego pocket heroes loose figure collection), are all back in the UK and seeing pictures like the D&D ones just makes me wish I had them all here to display. Oh well, at least it'll be like Christmas when I finally get back to seeing them again Very Happy

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 11:01 pm

Palifan wrote:
That Tiamat looks fantastic with it all back together, absolute steel of a price as well!

Bryan, I also have a liking for those Remo Monsters and put together a complete loose run of the glow ones a while back. All my figures like this (as well as my Mego pocket heroes loose figure collection), are all back in the UK and seeing pictures like the D&D ones just makes me wish I had them all here to display. Oh well, at least it'll be like Christmas when I finally get back to seeing them again Very Happy

Ian

Ian, where are you at? Embarassed I vaguely recall you saying your figures are with your folks back in the uk, but I don't remember what the reason was? Getting a touch of old age. :I am stupid: lol!
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 12:56 am

My figures are all in storage in the Uk and I'm out in Oregon in the US for the foreseeable future. I've no idea for how long I'll be out here so I've yet to pull the trigger on shipping all my things yet but I guess at some point I'll have to make my mind up (storage is a bit of an extra cost that I could do without).

It's really hard some times seeing all these great collections and then remembering that I have some of these things back home. I've resisted as much as possible about doubling up on some of them out here but have had to give in on the odd thing Laughing

At least in the end I can see which item is in the best shape and sell the other at some point.

Ian
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 2:45 pm

@JediPatrick that's a killer collection you have and some really well-shot photos showing them in action! Love the battle scenes but also the individual shots with colour backgrounds. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 6:15 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
@JediPatrick that's a killer collection you have and some really well-shot photos showing them in action! Love the battle scenes but also the individual shots with colour backgrounds. Thanks for sharing.

Hey, thanks for the comments! I really like taking pictures of these toys (Star Wars as well) with the "Kenner-inspired" monochromatic backgrounds. I started taking pictures of the AD&D figures in a natural environment. With the weather improving here (I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, so snow is slowly melting), it's going to be very inspiring. Smile

Here's a few more shots... Smile
Attachments
IMG_2503d.jpg
The large PVC Monsters
(119 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2512e.jpg
The Bendy Monsters
(103 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2519d.jpg
The Duos or Trios
(85 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 6:43 pm

New pictures, this time of the Fortress of Fangs Playset. :-)

Only one piece missing: of one the 3 elusive fake floor stone. But as Yoda, told Luke, patience! I'll find it sooner or later... Smile
Attachments
IMG_2546c.jpg
Fortress of Fangs Playset #1
(140 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2554_2568_2555_2574_smb.jpg
Fortress of Fangs Playset - Part #2
(150 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2577_2582_2678_2586b_sm.jpg
Fortress of Fangs Playset - Part #3: The stone stairway, the spike wall and the prison
(225 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_2588_2589_2590_2591c_sm.jpg
Fortress of Fangs Playset - Part #4: Poor Deeth goes down through the floor trap
(163 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 7:00 pm

That looks like a fun playset. I really like this line, I may have to start getting some of these.
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 7:21 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
That looks like a fun playset.  I really like this line, I may have to start getting some of these.

The playset in itself has lots of play potential. But to be quite frank, it is somewhat shallow and lack the depth of a real dungeons adventure I would have liked back as a kid. I would have preferred a vast 2 floors labyrinth with long corridors, booby traps, pits, etc.

Basically I would have sacrificed the esthetics of the mouth and fangs to improve the play area a bit. But then again, the piece in itself is very nice and make a nice display. Something that wouldn't be possible with a labyrinth...

Overall, I really liked this line. It's colorful, has a wide variety of good and evil characters, much like what you find in the Dungeons and Dragons Role Playing Game. Definitely one of my favorite toy line. Smile
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 8:44 pm

Another chapter in my little storyline.

This time, Deeth and Bowmarc (who I always thought to have a secret unavowed crush on each other) are facing deadly poisonous foes that roam the Badlands.

By the way, the two giant scorpions are not AD&D LJN toys, they rather come from an "Animal Planet" set available exclusively at Toys'R'Us in Canada (and I think in the US as well). I believe they were previously Chap Mei toys which are now distributed by Toys'R'Us. Very nicely done. They also have a Giant Spider currently in stock and there's also a giant beetle that was available in the past few years. I'm looking to add these to my collection of foes for my AD&D figures. Smile
Attachments
IMG_2607c.jpg
Deeth and Bowmarc are facing certain Death in the Badlands
(271 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 11:27 am

Those scorpions do fit in well with the line. Deeth is one of the rarer figures from this line right?
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 5:07 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Deeth is one of the rarer figures from this line right?  

Yes, kind of. Complete, Deeth can go at least for 85 USD.

But the rarest of the basic figures is definitely Hawkler the Ranger/archer, due to accessory count which makes it very difficult to find complete: a strap, a quiver, a knife, a bow and his eagle. I was lucky enough to find 2 complete ones on eBay, but this was 6-7 years ago. Now, he's nearly impossible to  find...
Attachments
IMG_2578b1.jpg
Hawkler the Ranger
(35 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next