The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:33 pm

Good to see, maybe shrinkage?

Did you see my PM to you?
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:53 pm

FU

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 1:10 am

Congrats on completing your 'Fortress of Fangs' set mate cheers
The various traps/trapdoors look well cool, i've never seen that set before,
Thanks for sharing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:30 am

Nice one, James, on getting your Fortress of Fangs cheers It looks like a fun playset! Gotta love that advert as well, "A face only a child could love" congrats and thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 6:34 am

So much to collect... lol I'm a sucker for the ad&d figures since some years back. Want to get into these but know it's a hard line to collect.
You got an impressive collection.

How much is that cave fisher worth now? Smile saw there was an AFA on ebay for 1000usd.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Advanced-Dungeons-and-Dragons-1984-CAVE-FISHER-Wind-Up-MOC-AFA-60-RARE-/161060146300?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item257feecc7c

That playset is the coolest I've seen so far Smile very impressive collection.

Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 6:22 pm

FU

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 12:36 pm

FU

Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Very Happy 

I've been adding a few items to my AD&D LJN collection lately. :-)

Thanks to James, I now have a nice shiny Silver armor Strongheart figure!  bounce

Strongheart (Silver armor variation)

Strongheart group shot

And I also was able to purchase a very nice Battlematic Warduke on eBay!  

Warduke (Battlematic variation) - Group shot

Warduke (Battlematic variation) - Back

That Warduke figure came with his Shield but without his sword, but I did have a 2nd sword from a double 1st variation Warduke I had displayed on his Nightmare horse. Lucky me!

Next items to come to my doorsteps: a nice PVC 5-Headed Hydra and some missing accessories from James!   :clap:
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:12 pm

You're on Action Figure Archive forums aren't you, Patrick? The shelves look familiar Razz
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:16 pm

Josh wrote:
You're on Action Figure Archive forums aren't you, Patrick? The shelves look familiar Razz

Hi Josh! No, I've never been or posted on Action Figure Archives Forum. I used to post on the French SithClan forum a few years back, in fact I've been acting as a moderator for a few years there. Then I moved to the Canadian Snowtroopers.ca forums, posting once in a while for the past 4-5 years, but not very frequently. I'm not really into forums that much nowadays due to time constraints, the job, family and kids takes most of what time I have free these days... LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Really. I could of sworn it was the same collection. Either way it kicks are. I love this line. Always thought about collecting it.
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Josh wrote:
Really. I could of sworn it was the same collection. Either way it kicks are. I love this line. Always thought about collecting it.

Hahaha! Guess my shelves are not that different after all. Oh well...  Wink 

I really like this line of figures when I was a kid. They were colorful, they were knights in armor, barbarians, monsters and creatures from a fantasy universe that really captivated me. I could play hours with them imagining lots of adventures. In my plays, a huge pillow would become a slimy monster, a plant would become a gigantic flesh-eating plant and the 7 cats I had back then were monsters roaming out the land. The red carpet in parts of the house was flowing lava streams, the white carpet was a freezing Hoth0like planet and the dull beige one was a desertic land.

Nowadays, it takes a lot to have our kids play with toys for more than 1-2 hours. BBut back then, all it took was these figures and a lot of imagination and I would spend hours if not days playing without being bored...
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:06 am

After seeing your thread James I was inspired to collect at the least the series one which myself and brother owned as children.

Here are a few variants I've managed to pick out so far...

Warduke - No COO / Made In Macao

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 SAM_3399
Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 SAM_3400
Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 SAM_3401

Differences

- Darker yellow paint on macao belt/chain
- Darker brown paint on macao, small brown eyes on belt buckle
- Unpainted knife on macao (common of factory error?)
- Shields shiny silver / dull silver
- Darker blue plastic on macao
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:22 am

Ringlerun - Made In Macao / No Coo

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 SAM_3407
Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 SAM_3408
Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 SAM_3409

Differences

- Darker pink on macao face, hands and legs
- Darker orange on macao staff tip
- No white paint apps on no coo eyes
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:29 am

Kelek - No Coo / Made In Macao

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 SAM_3402
Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 SAM_3403
Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 SAM_3404
Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 SAM_3405
Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 SAM_3406

Differences

- Darker pink on macao face, hands and legs
- Boots unpainted on top surface on macao's
- lighter green accessories with no coo
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:22 am

great pics and info Stef  cheers 

I have been aware of the different coo's but I had only noticed the major paint differences between them  Embarassed 

I had not noticed that they have other more subtle differences too  cheers 
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:27 am

Very very charming figures Jimmy, i can see why you love them, i love the sculpts and colours, if i bought 1, id have to have them all, id betta stay away from them lol, for some reason they remind me a bit of the vintage flash Gordon line, another charming line all be it a small one, thanks for putting your pics up, great thread.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:30 am

I originally planned to buy one set as a replacement for the childhood collection I sold in 2005 Sad

Along with my brother we owned all the 1st series except the northlord & mercion figures, both of which I now plan to buy as I'm hooked!!!!

As for the no coo and macao variants, I'm planning to give my brother a complete set as well, maybe for his birthday present.

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:19 pm

FU

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Very cool piece James  cheers  I like that Hook Horror in the booklet, was that planned for the 3rd series as well mate ?
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:08 pm

FU

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:55 pm

You can see why it's a popular line, the detail is excellent  cheers
Might pick up one or two of them one day  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:36 am

Founds these from my childhood in my parents loft over the weekend....

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 9SotUX4
Back to top Go down
billygalaxy
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 12:33 am

This is one of the best threads I have seen on this figure line! Let's keep the pics and info coming...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next