The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 11:59 am

Oh man! I love the way they look, especially the Tarrasque creature! affraid
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 12:38 pm

@shanester Gutted for you, i would hate any of my collection to go missing or be taken  Sad  Hopefully khama has done its job  Stormie Smiley

@JediPatrick I agree with Matt the Tarrasque creature is cool it has a Godzilla look? Awesome  Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 6:08 pm

shanester wrote:
I had a bunch of these at one point.  I got them all one Christmas and really enjoyed them.  Unfortunately, they were lost along with some other figures of mine.  I had them all and some (luckily not all) of my vintage SW figures and vehicles in my Dad's old US Army footlocker stored in our attic.  Somewhere along the line, somebody pilfered them.  I moved and had some things sent along afterwards.  These never made it.

That's bad. Same here, I got rid of all my toys in garage sales, most for 1$ for 50 Star Wars figures and ships for 5$ each. AD&D got lost in the game, and Transformers (my brothers and I had all of them: the 4 original years of these) got sold for a few bucks at my dad's store. It's a shame, really, cause the only things I could salvage from my childhood toys were a few scarce SW figures and ships, the Fortress of Fangs Playset, a few Inhumanoids stuff. I mostly lost 95% of my toys.

But you know, I keep telling myself it's part of growing up to be a teenager and young adult. Getting rid of the chains from your past. Parting with toys was part of growing up to be a teenager after all...

So now I'm buying these things back. At a heavy price. LOL rofl :I am stupid:

Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 6:10 pm

Lobotic wrote:
[color=#000000]@JediPatrick I agree with Matt the Tarrasque creature is cool it has a Godzilla look? Awesome  Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley

The Tarrasque looks cool, indeed like a mini-Godzilla, but it never made retail, so it's really out of my realm of things to possess. LOL

I would be content finding a Cave Fisher to be honest, but I doubt I ever will. It's not something I look for anyway. Completing the basic AD&D LJN collection for me never included these toys and certainly not the prototypes. It's really a sideline to my huge Star Wars Collection. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 6:23 pm

New shots. Smile

The adventure continues.

Deeth and her adventurer friends managed to escape the Raging Roper and the Deadly Grell from the depths of Castle Amber, swearing to themselves never to venture these tunnels without a powerful wizard. They now find themselves wandering outside the castle walls. Their queries bring them to the nearby ruins of a small chapel. Maybe they'll be able to gather their strengths there before going back to the Castle? Little did they know that these ruins were the nesting ground of a mighty Red Dragon. Now they must make a stand, face the fire-breathing creature and maybe certain doom.
Attachments
IMG_3174f.jpeg
The Heroes facing the fearsome Fire-Breathing Red Dragon
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(151 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_3181i.jpg
Will the Good Fighter Deeth survive this uneven fight?
(467 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 8:28 pm

Patrick, love your pics on this thread mate, awesome :clap:
Cheers Andy Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 8:31 pm

Those are the best ones yet with the dragons breath. Shocked simply awesome work.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 5:10 am

Great effects for the dragon shots :clap:
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 7:27 am

Nico wrote:
Patrick, love your pics on this thread mate, awesome :clap:
Cheers Andy Stormie Smiley

trappedtexan wrote:
Those are the best ones yet with the dragons breath.  Shocked  simply awesome work.

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Great effects for the dragon shots :clap:

Thanks guys! Really appreciated! I simply use two apps for these effects: "Space Effect" and "Laser Sword Photo Editor". Very crude, but they do the job quite nicely. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 12:43 am

Barely escaping the dreadful Red Dragon, Deeth and her party venture through the old castle ruins in hope to get away from the beast's fury.
Attachments
IMG_3214d.jpg
Castle Amber Ruins
(623 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 9:18 am

JediPatrick wrote:
New shots. Smile

The adventure continues.

Deeth and her adventurer friends managed to escape the Raging Roper and the Deadly Grell from the depths of Castle Amber, swearing to themselves never to venture these tunnels without a powerful wizard. They now find themselves wandering outside the castle walls. Their queries bring them to the nearby ruins of a small chapel. Maybe they'll be able to gather their strengths there before going back to the Castle? Little did they know that these ruins were the nesting ground of a mighty Red Dragon. Now they must make a stand, face the fire-breathing creature and maybe certain doom.

I was late to the party on this one, but I agree about the dragon's breath! :clap:

Also, the setting is pretty spot on with the outdoor lighting and plants.
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 10:48 am

darthmatt22 wrote:
JediPatrick wrote:
New shots. Smile

The adventure continues.

I was late to the party on this one, but I agree about the dragon's breath! :clap:

Also, the setting is pretty spot on with the outdoor lighting and plants.

Hahaha! Thanks! But you guys certainly noticed that the outdoor setting includes a nice view of the siding from my house and the frame of my basement window. LOL :cool laugh:

I should be more careful about these things. Should try bringing my toys in the nearby forest to do some nice sets...
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 2:47 pm

Honestly the tree covered that stuff for the most part and I didn't even think about it, especially with the greenery in the pic. The toys and effects take front and center for me.
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 3:06 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Honestly the tree covered that stuff for the most part and I didn't even think about it, especially with the greenery in the pic.  The toys and effects take front and center for me.  

You're too kind. Very Happy

The last shot was very crude, I wanted to put emphasis on the scene with a simple orange cardboard in the background. I took a very quick picture last night when the styrofoam castle ruins pieces I just made were dry enough to be handled without messing myself around. I will revisit the scene with much more details later on. My plans is to add vegetation, some moss, soil, sand, etc.

Basically, I'm having fun, despite the fact that my teenage daughters and wife often make fun of me when I'm "playing" with my toys... LOL Razz But what the Hell: between birth and death, one must try to fill in his life with as much happy moments as possible... :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 3:49 pm

wow, wow and WOW!!!
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 5:58 pm

walkie wrote:
wow, wow and WOW!!!

Very Happy Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 1:59 pm

By the way...

That Red Dragon is called "DarkFire" and comes from the "True Legends" line of toys available exclusively at Toys'R'Us Stores in North America.

This line has provided numerous interesting toys that are a good complement and fit to the AD&D line. This is where the Griffon and 2-headed wolves previously pictured in this thread come from, as well as the Battle Troll and the Tree Warrior...
Attachments
TrueLegends-Darkfire-01.jpg
True Legends - DarkFire
(134 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
TrueLegends-BattleTroll-01.jpg
True Legends - Battle Troll
(171 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
TrueLegends-TreeWarrior-01.jpg
True Legends - Tree Warrior
(224 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 3:40 pm

JediPatrick wrote:
New shots. Smile

The adventure continues.

Wicked pictures they are truly stunning. Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
shanester
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
shanester

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 3:42 pm

I have not seen these before.  I like the Tree Warrior.  My son would love that dragon.
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 4:00 pm

shanester wrote:
I have not seen these before.  I like the Tree Warrior.  My son would love that dragon.

These are no longer available, at least in Canada. They were released in 2013 as part of the Elves vs. Orcs theme, and were still scarcely available in 2014 if I remember correctly. In the US, I dunno, but I'm sure they were replaced by another series of figures (remember seeing a line of Dragons and Knights during one of my trips to the US back then).

They are quite nice toys to be quite frank. The figures for this line are ok, only featuring 5-6 points of articulation (well, like the basic line of Star Wars figures nowadays), but the larger sets and creatures were quite nice. If I were a kid today, I would have loved these toys... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 4:01 pm

Lobotic wrote:
Wicked pictures they are truly stunning. Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 2:21 pm

Where were we?

Ah yes! In Castle Amber old ruins, where Deeth and her pals flew trying to escape the wrath of the Red Dragon.

Now, while her friends are arguing whether or not they should establish their camp in the middle of the plaza, Deeth ventures further down the ruins. Alone. But is Deeth a brave young woman or a unwise fool? Because as she steps into a remote area of the castle ruins, foes emerge from the shadows. And alone, she's clearly outmatched. Is this the end for Deeth?
Attachments
IMG_3423d.jpg
Deeth Outmatched!
(65 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Looks like it! You better have a plan up your sleeve. lol!
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 11:25 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
Looks like it! You better have a plan up your sleeve. lol!

LOL Very Happy

We'll see! Deeth is a cunning and efficient fighter. No wonder why she's my favorite of the whole lot... Cool
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 2:34 pm

Anymore pics coming Patrick?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next