The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Superb latest pics :clap:
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Sorry, just catching up. Fantastic news to hear that your wife is cured of cancer. Was it a long battle? So great that she came out victorious.

Love the latest photos. especially the last one with warduke's eyes glowing as they are. Those are the bossfight skeletons right? Someone else showed one of those. I really think I want to add one or two to my collection as they are really neat looking.
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 11:42 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Sorry, just catching up. Fantastic news to hear that your wife is cured of cancer. Was it a long battle?  So great that she came out victorious.

Honestly, don't know if this was long. But it was certainly a tough battle, very exhausting for her, with a daily dose of radiotherapy and a weekly dose of chemotherapy, she was literally drained of her energy everyday from the end of September til the end of November. And it took her almost 3 more months to be fully recovered and back into her normal shape.

The thing is, her tumor was completely gone halfway through her treatment, which is not the usual pattern. Her doctor was quite astonished and was very emotional about this: her doctor even detracted from all the normal protocols and was very demonstrative and joyful when she saw that on the scans, whereas they usually remain quite placid and stoic for most patients not to give false hopes. She even called my wife herself last May to inform her she was completely cured even though she should have asked her to meet her through a formal appointment. So, that being said, she responded very well to her treatments.

So yes, this is very good news! And me getting a new job after a small 6 months hiatus -- and a better one even -- is quite a relief. Finally things are starting to get better. Smile

trappedtexan wrote:
Love the latest photos. especially the last one with warduke's eyes glowing as they are.  Those are the bossfight skeletons right?  Someone else showed one of those. I really think I want to add one or two to my collection as they are really neat looking.

Yes, the Skeleton Warriors are from Boss Fight Studios. These are very well done, very articulated and the pain job on the latest ones is marvelous. I'm getting the next sets of Fantasy-themed figures (Series 2, Wave 1 and Wave 2) and I really look forward for these. Smile Now if only they could make larger beasts and mounts. I'd love a horse. And even more, a real nice dragon!! Smile
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 11:43 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Superb latest pics :clap:

Thanks! Having fun with these, especially bringing Warduke to a Chuck Norris kind of semi-god status. Smile Razz
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 5:09 pm

A few more pictures...

This time, I pictured Deeth venturing alone in a deep forest. Only to find a Dark Tower sitting in the middle of a small clearing.

Instead of exploring the Tower alone, she calls he friends for help. Luckily, they were not far behind.

And lucky for them, this Tower was the house of Ringlerun the Good Mage. Could you imagine what a chaos it would have been if it was Kelek?

But the Evil Sorcerer had other plans in his mind. He called for all the Evil doers in the land. To do what? Well, to do his evil deeds...
Attachments
IMG_4934b.jpg
The Good ones gathering
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(129 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_4956b.jpg
Kelek gathering the Evil doers
(110 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 11:47 am

cool group pics. This line looks so neat with the bright colors and great sculpts on the figures.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 2:30 pm

The picture of Deeth approaching the tower is awesome!

On a major side note, I'm overjoyed to hear everything is getting back on track for you and your wife!

Good to see you posting and continuing this excellent story. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 3:32 am

Top photos Patrick :clap:
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 12:52 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
cool group pics. This line looks so neat with the bright colors and great sculpts on the figures.

Thanks! That's what makes this line so special for me. I really like the variety of characters and their colors. Smile

darthmatt22 wrote:
The picture of Deeth approaching the tower is awesome!

Thanks buddy! Smile

darthmatt22 wrote:
On a major side note, I'm overjoyed to hear everything is getting back on track for you and your wife!

Good to see you posting and continuing this excellent story. Very Happy

Yes, things are settling down nicely for me right now. We had a rough time, but it seems we're back in business. It's something that's difficult to believe when you're deep in it, but once the clouds scatter, the Sun shines bright again and it's like we just had a bad dream. Smile

ArtooDetour wrote:
Top photos Patrick :clap:

Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 5:13 pm

The last time we saw our heroes, they were paying a quick visit to Ringlerun the Wizard in his Tower at the edge of the Dark Forest.

Little did they know that Kelek had evil plans of his own crafting. Standing amidst the forest, the Evil Sorcerer performed his dark sorcery, summoning the dead to rise from their graves.

Poor Deeth. Will this ever stop? Will she have to endure this never ending chaos? It seems each time she takes a step forward, destiny brings her back on her knees begging for the fight to cease...

Common brave warrior girl! Do what you do best, keep fighting and free the land from the evil doers!
Attachments
IMG_8114e.jpg
Kelek casting the dead
(102 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_8112e.jpg
Deeth facing the Army of Darkness
(129 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 10:16 pm

The lighting and effects on these pics are just so cool to see. Thanks for continuing to share these. Admittedly i need to read the last few entries into the story as I have been just skimming and then staring at the pics.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 11:47 am

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 Img_0710
Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 Img_0810
It's been a while since I've written anything here but now that I'm back in the UK I finally got to see by blue shield Melf moc and thought I'd post a picture up of it.

I remember Billygalaxy asking me for a picture of it years ago and also know he's managed to pick one up since but it's always good to do a compare incase there are any differences.

Ian
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 1:30 pm

Palifan wrote:
Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 Img_0710
Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 Img_0810
It's been a while since I've written anything here but now that I'm back in the UK I finally got to see by blue shield Melf moc and thought I'd post a picture up of it.

I remember Billygalaxy asking me for a picture of it years ago and also know he's managed to pick one up since but it's always good to do a compare incase there are any differences.

Ian

Awesome piece!! Nice catch!! :-) Very Happy

I'm looking for a loose version of that blue shield variant myself. Not even complete, just the shield would do. That variant, along with the elusive PVC Mercion mini-figs, is the few things that are on my top want list for quite some time...
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Awesome piece!! Nice catch!! :-) Very Happy

I'm looking for a loose version of that blue shield variant myself. Not even complete, just the shield would do. That variant, along with the elusive PVC Mercion mini-figs, is the few things that are on my top want list for quite some time...[/quote]

I remember looking for any kind of Melf for ages and this one came up that was a cheap BIN. I didn't even notice the blue shield and hadn't even heard of this variant at the time so got really lucky with it. Also it was from a US seller and I was in the UK at the time so it ended up being a top score.

Best of luck with your hunt, I know Billy has come across loose ones over the years so I'm sure one will turn up for you at some point.

Ian
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 1:56 pm

Realized I've been out of the loop for too long...

So here are a few other pictures I did a while back, but was too lay to post.

In no particular order, no storyline except maybe Deeth dreaming about her future adventures with her friends... Smile
Attachments
26306871_146730169378031_9196287376085745664_n.jpg
Run, you fool!
(128 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
27575654_2260496973976444_7603000611172253696_n.jpg
The fine line between courage and madness
(156 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
26871501_169342433701674_3225379826361696256_n.jpg
Sword fight
(63 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
27576871_2045026165722209_1562408127603671040_n.jpg
Battle of Giants
(84 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
27573433_750762051780556_6862721843330023424_n.jpg
Big Problems
(69 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
26867783_155022598489482_3760877160575795200_n.jpg
Never head to a fight alone
(78 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
27573491_214220859127853_2076830456728256512_n.jpg
Horror in the Dark Woods
(101 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
29094965_202594000335265_5524052847236218880_n.jpg
Always watch your back
(66 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
29403127_526312571103050_704166017097531392_n.jpg
Warduke
(61 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
29415203_1001417330007525_2498299879567130624_n.jpg
Pyromancer
(59 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_6275.JPG
The Hook Horror
(66 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 2:01 pm

JediPatrick wrote:
Realized I've been out of the loop for too long...

So here are a few other pictures I did a while back, but was too lay to post.

In no particular order, no storyline except maybe Deeth dreaming about her future adventures with her friends... Smile

Wow! Those are awesome!! Very Happy

Ian
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 2:01 pm

Palifan wrote:
Best of luck with your hunt, I know Billy has come across loose ones over the years so I'm sure one will turn up for you at some point.

Ian

You're referring to the PVC Mercion? Yeah, I know this one is quite tough to get by. Never seen one on eBay after 4 years of waiting. So I dunno where to hunt this one down. It's one of the few things missing in my AD&D LJN collection. I'm not into MOC, except a few items, mostly due to space but also budgetary constraints, but it seems finding a loose one is as much as difficult as finding any at all... :-/

Do you have a few AD&D items yourself? Guess so since you got that variant Melf... :-)
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 2:46 pm

JediPatrick wrote:
Palifan wrote:

Ian

You're referring to the PVC Mercion? Yeah, I know this one is quite tough to get by. Never seen one on eBay after 4 years of waiting. So I dunno where to hunt this one down. It's one of the few things missing in my AD&D LJN collection. I'm not into MOC, except a few items, mostly due to space but also budgetary constraints, but it seems finding a loose one is as much as difficult as finding any at all... :-/

Do you have a few AD&D items yourself? Guess so since you got that variant Melf... :-)

No, I was meaning the blue shield which do come up loose now and then (although not that often). I've no idea on the PVC rarity but it sounds like Mericon is a tricky one to find so happy hunting.

I have a loose complete set of the first series all in greta shape and then a few from the second series although it was really the first series I was going for as these are the ones I had growing up. I have also picked up a few other bits and bobs like the horses and a few mocs but these mainly came my way when I bought a few lots which had figures I needed at the time in with them. This picture is just a few of them I have out at the moment but I will put together a more focused display of them at some point.

It's such a great series and the last toy line I remember playing with before moving onto other pursuits.

IanDoes anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 Img_0811
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Palifan wrote:

No, I was meaning the blue shield which do come up loose now and then (although not that often). I've no idea on the PVC rarity but it sounds like Mericon is a tricky one to find so happy hunting.

In fact, last month I saw two of these blue shields on eBay: one with a complete loose Peralay/Melf figure, the other one for the loose blue shield alone. I hesitated a few days only to find both auctions ended with a Buy it now offer. :-(

Palifan wrote:
I have a loose complete set of the first series all in greta shape and then a few from the second series although it was really the first series I was going for as these are the ones I had growing up. I have also picked up a few other bits and bobs like the horses and a few mocs but these mainly came my way when I bought a few lots which had figures I needed at the time in with them. This picture is just a few of them I have out at the moment but I will put together a more focused display of them at some point.

It's such a great series and the last toy line I remember playing with before moving onto other pursuits

Nice collection! It's a nice series of toys indeed, my favorite toy line ever. I really liked D&D, not played enough of that RPG game back then, wished I had more. These figures embodied the nicest memories... Smile
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 1:17 pm

It's been quite a long time. A lot of water has flown since I last had the chance to post anything here...

Just wanted to let you know that I finally managed to acquire two variant figures:

- Peralay with his blue shield
- Elkhorn with his dull gray shield
- Elkhorn 2" PVC figure (already had a MOC one, so needed a loose to display with the others)

Now I'm just a few items short to complete my AD&D LJN collection.

One of these missing items is a Mercion 2" PVC figure. Been looking for it for the past 10 years to no avail. Beginning to loose faith. If anyone come across this piece, let me know...
Attachments
IMG_3403b.jpg
Peralay with his Blue Shield
(80 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
IMG_3404b.jpg
A gang of Peralays is better than one
(97 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
20181024_215110cd2.jpg
Elkhorn and his dull gray shield
(67 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
20181024_214229cd2.jpg
A bunch of Dwarves are better than one
(70 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
20181024_213658cd2.jpg
Little Dwarf tagging along Big Dwarves
(82 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
MercionPVC.jpg
Missing in Action: Mercion PVC figure... please help!!
(16 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 3:46 pm

JediPatrick wrote:
It's been quite a long time. A lot of water has flown since I last had the chance to post anything here...

Just wanted to let you know that I finally managed to acquire two variant figures:

- Peralay with his blue shield
- Elkhorn with his dull gray shield
- Elkhorn 2" PVC figure (already had a MOC one, so needed a loose to display with the others)

Now I'm just a few items short to complete my AD&D LJN collection.

One of these missing items is a Mercion 2" PVC figure. Been looking for it for the past 10 years to no avail. Beginning to loose faith. If anyone come across this piece, let me know...

Really good to hear that you're a little closer to completing your set and that you tracked down that blue shield (a personal favorite of mine). I didn't know about the dull grey shield though so that's one for me to look out for.

ian
Back to top Go down
JediPatrick
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
JediPatrick

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 7:52 pm

Palifan wrote:
Really good to hear that you're a little closer to completing your set and that you tracked down that blue shield (a personal favorite of mine). I didn't know about the dull grey shield though so that's one for me to look out for.

ian

I'm not really into collecting painting variants (like darker and lighter yellow paint on the Troglodyte PVC figure), these I think could be viewed as minor factory painting changes.

But whereas the dull gray shield could be seen a different paint/plastic recipe, it's different enough to be considered a legitimate variant, like Peralay/Melf's blue shield. I believe it's been sold in a second batch, before the Battlematic version was released.
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 2:19 am

JediPatrick wrote:
Palifan wrote:

ian

I'm not really into collecting painting variants (like darker and lighter yellow paint on the Troglodyte PVC figure), these I think could be viewed as minor factory painting changes.

But whereas the dull gray shield could be seen a different paint/plastic recipe, it's different enough to be considered a legitimate variant, like Peralay/Melf's blue shield. I believe it's been sold in a second batch, before the Battlematic version was released.

Good info to know on the shield and I'm with you on paint variants that could just be age or something similar, it could drive you slightly mad if you went for all of these and for me most would probably be unnecessary.

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 5:37 pm

Thanks for sharing these as usual. Interesting on the gray shield change as the figures also have a paint apps change as well it seems. The cuff of the pants with the top cuff matching the blue of the pants and the bottom cuff red on one figure and both cuffs red on the other figure.

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 Screen18
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures    Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures  - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else collect LJN Dungeons and Dragons figures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9