The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your comics stuff thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Gorneesh, is that story any good so far? I got it on the way along with the free preview and was wondering how it was. Dont need no spoilers, though. Wink

I liked it, was enough to suck me into ordering the next issue Smile
hope you enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Thanks, mate. I got it on the way from Graham Crackers. Should be here in another week.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:10 pm

So part of my New Year's Resolution is to organize and maintain my comic collection better. We have a weird unfinished room in our house that we were just using for storage, but the plan is to have it finished in the next few months, and make it a comic room/art studio for me. It's a long ways away from being completed, but I finally got all my comics from all the miscellaneous closets and basement storage they were scattered in around the house. I have about 6 long boxes that need to be catalogued and sorted still, but I'm estimating that I'm at 2,500-3,000 comics now. As I start organizing, I'll snap pics of ones worth mentioning.

I'm glad I finally started the process, though!

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 2011-12-30_14-58-26_736
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Nice Tad. Cant wait to see some of the goodies you got hiding in those boxes.

As for me, heres my newest that came in today and yesterday. The Dark X-Men has several issues in the bags. Behind Wolvie and the X-men #1 is issue 2, behing Uncanny X-men #1 is Wolverine #17.

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 Img_1961

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 Img_1962

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 Img_1960
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:58 pm

Sweet you're getting organised Tad. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Chris- That's a nice haul of books that came today. Noe get redding. No more till you read every one of them.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:12 pm

The Necrosha story will be this weekend. cheers Sad thing is, most of these I cant read until I get the rest of the story line. So I have to buy more to get all caught up. cheers
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:44 am

Nice haul, Chris! Are those Fear Itself's second printings or retailer incentive covers? I know they're not the boring normal ones like I have. Cool as hell!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:11 am

Tad, books 4, 5, 6, 7.1, and 7.2 are first prints. Books 2 and 3 is the Immonen cover variants, book 1 is the Fantastic Four 50 anniversary cover variant with the cover for FF #348 on the back (the New Fantastic Four issues), and book 7 is the wrap around cover, not sure which version. But they are all First Prints.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:13 pm

Alright I'll admit right away that these are some super nerdy comic items. But I think they are awesome.

First is a wallet I picked up at Spencers gifts. I'm on a Cap kick right now.
Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 0143

And a super nerdy pair of sneakers that we've discussed in this thread before. I'm sad to report that I don't run like the Flash while I'm wearing them.
Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 0033-1
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:34 am

Sweet! But maybe you just need practice in the Flash shoes to get fast. Remember, you must be one with the speed force. Or get struck by lightning while covered in chemicals. Either way.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:39 am

Heres a few more I got in the other day.

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 Img_1964

Missed out on the Batman and Robin one shot due to Graham Crackers being out of stock and the Punisher is the Atomic Comics variant cover. Couldnt pass it up for 99 cents. Very Happy

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 Img_1965

Generation Hope #2, 7-14. The origins of Marvel Comics: X-Men tell the background stories of some of the characters. Pretty interesting read. X-Saction is next on the list to be read.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 3:12 pm

Sweet! I like all the Return of Bruce Wayne tie-ins! You'll have to let me know how they are, I never got them.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Will do Tad. Gotta hunt down the rest of the story since they are like #23-30 for the reading order. The Generation Hope is a good title. I like the way its going with Sabastion Shaw coming back and the X-Saction was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:09 pm

kisstour03- I love them DC Comics converse, I keep looking over here but they all seem to be sold out of my size Sad

chris_j - for 99 cents that Punisher looks and sounds like a good deal, Have Atomic comics closed down ? as it looks like it from there website.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Yhea, Atomic Comics shut their doors on August 22nd, 2011, all 4 store locations. I never dealt with them before. The Punisher I got came from Graham Crackers.

http://www.grahamcrackers.com/index.html

They run 99 cent specials everyday, but most books are the same until they sell out of them.

Heres the lastest to come in today. Paul, you'll like these. Very Happy

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 Img_1980

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 Img_1981

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 Img_1982

The Fearsome Four is the set of 4 and the bagged Fantastic Four next to it is the Death of Johnny Blaze issue along with the final issue on the end of row 2. Avenging Spiderman #1 was a freebie the seller through in. Now I can see what happenes in the Utopia story finally. Its pretty much the beginning of the end for Uncanny X-Men before the Schism story.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:55 pm

Chris- Those all look sweet. And yes I LOVE the Hulk issues you have there. The Hulk-Gray story is awesome. Really different take on Hulks first days. You should get Spider-Man:Blue as well. You also have some variant Hulk covers I need to track down. Pretty sweet stuff. Almost as cool as a bronze limbed 3PO Wink
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:16 pm

I keep peeking in this thread every once in a while and it gets my old Comics juices flowing. I haven't bought any since the '90s, except for a very short TF vs GIJ run sometime around 2005 or so.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Sweet haul, Chris!! Lots of cool variant covers, too!

As far as Atomic Comics goes, they were the big comic retailer in Phoenix. I know that the owner was good friends with all the Image guys, so they'd regularly have McFarlane and others signing at their store. I would go there a lot whenever I was down in the valley. They closed totally out of the blue too. My friend went to pick up his comics one day, and there was just a sign taped to the door. They didn't even warn the employees from what I understand. Just locked up.

The rumor was that they had someone crash their car into one of their stores, and they never recovered from the million dollar plus in damages, lawyers, insurance, etc.

They were Diamond's biggest account too, so for a bit there everyone was worried that Diamond might fold because of it.

There are a lot better stores in Phoenix though. Atomic always felt really like a retailer instead of a shop, if that makes sense. Like mostly just new issues, new toys, and new merchandise. And getting help was like pulling teeth. The workers were usually the young, comic snob types that always made you fell like you were bothering them, or looked down their nose at you if you weren't aware of some new BS trendy independent title.

All About Books is hands down the best comic shop there. Every time I've gone there looking for a back issue, the guys are super nice and helpful, and they disappear into a back room, and almost always come out with what I'm looking for.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Well, I know where to go if I ever make it to Phoenix. And thanks on the backstory on Atomic. I never heard of them until I got that Punisher in.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Atomic Comics sounds like our Forbidden Planet over here, As for them nearly taking down Diamond comic Distribution I wish they had, having tried to jump through the hoops they want you to just to become a customer is just stupid.
As they have the monopoly of all the main comics they hold all the cards. Them and the cost of rent and rates for a shop on the high st is killing the comic shop over here in the UK.
Now Haven comic distribution were a pleasure to deal with as they were not fans of Diamond either, but now they are closed so its Diamond or nothing to wholesale from now.
Sorry rant over.

As I'm a sucker for variant cover art and a bargain I had a look at the Punisher from Graham Crackers but the $12 shipping made it not such a bargain Laughing still not as bad as a Lady Mekanika from Aspen comics they wanted $46 just for 1 comic, then got all funny when I asked if it came in a gold box for that price

Last edited by Gorneesh on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:27 pm

I got so carried away with my rant about Diamond that I forgot to show you my latest not a comic but a signed print from Turf by Tommy lee Edwards and Jonathan Ross
need to get it framed now.
Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 005

Sorry shit iphone picture.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:53 pm

I got this in the mail yesterday. An old four pack Return Of The Jedi comic pack. It's pretty sweet. Time to look for some more. Damn this never ends.

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 0022-3

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 0034-2
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 1:17 am

Sweet stuff guys!

I dig the pack of ROTJ comics, Paul!
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:07 am

Hot Toys Superman-looks 1,000 times better in person
Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 Dsc03510
Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 Dsc03512
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Johnny-- That Superman is freaking awesome!!!

This weekend was a smaller convention called the Amazing Arizona Comic Con, which was about 2 hours from where I live. Me and a buddy went for the second year in a row, and had a blast. I was able to pick up these goodies.

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 2012-01-08_20-38-51_701

Along with having approximately one shit ton of my comics signed by Robert Kirkman, Rob Liefeld, John Layman, Greg Capullo, Scott Lobdell, Kyle Higgins, Joshua Fialkov, and Brian Buccalleto.

Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 2012-01-08_20-54-58_7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your comics stuff thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next