The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your comics stuff thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Oh oh Tad that looks like fun to sift through. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Heres my latest and oldest to date.

Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 Img_1990

Heroic Comics #60, May 1950. Its based off of actual true stories that happened.

That's a real beauty, Chris. Didn't expect the colour printing or graphic to be as bright and sharp as that for 1950s!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Tad, awesome haul. Wish I was closer when that auction was. I see a couple very nice books on top there, Superboy and Fantastic Four. Sweet Haul.

Gorneesh. Glad it arrived and you like it. Gambit is one of my fav characters on the team. And to land his 1st appearance as the start of your downfall is a good feeling. Enjoy it.

French Paul. I was surprised about the book myself. The inside is just as bright color-wise as the cover. Even though the pages are creamy white, the color is fantastic. The auction pix didnt give it its due compared to mine. It looked like it was in rough shape. I was blown away when I got it in. Now if I can just get my hands on my uncle's, who recently passed away, collection, there will be gems to show for sure. He was buying them from the 40's to late 50's/early 60s.

Heres my latest to come in.

Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 Img_1991

22 issues for the Fear Itself story line. Im almost there to be able to read it, finally. Still several issues to go.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:55 pm

Hey fellas. I had a great day comics wise. Lots to read, and add to the checklists tonight.

First up are some new issues I grabbed today. Got the #5 issues of the New 52 titles I've been following. Along with issue 4&5 of Savage Hawkman. Decided to give it a try. Issues 1-3 are coming in the mail this week. All-Star Western is really good too. It's a recent addition to my pull list as well. And I grabbed issue #1 of The Lone Ranger to try out. The image on the cover just about screamed "BUY ME!!!!" I've never bought a Dynamite Entertainment comic before. Looking forward to reading it later.
Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 0024

Next up we have a good sized stack of older issues that came in the mail. Damn Ebay, it's evil. Lots of Hulk and Captain AMerica and Flash to fill in some spaces in the old checklists. Really looking forward to looking through the two TPBs. The 1950s stories should be good for a trip down the retro lane.
Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 0036-1

Told you guys it was a good comic day.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Nice haul Paul. Dynamite has some good titles going, Red Sonja is one of them. I got a few other titles of theirs but havent read any so far. The art work is great in them. I want one of those 50s greatest TPB. Only way I could afford those books. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:29 pm

Right on, Paul! And the best Dynamite book is The Boys, hands down. It's ending in a few issues, and I will be sad when it does. One of the best books in comics history!
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:21 pm

Paul that looks like a nice little comic haul there. Smile
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:35 pm

Just to put a plug in. The Lone Ranger was really good. Issue #2 comes out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Heres a few items that came in yesterday, part of a huge 100 book lot from Ebay.

Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 Img_2012

X-Men titles

Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 Img_2013

Hulk books

Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 Img_2014

Marvel Apes. Yes thats the actual title. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:58 pm

HULK SMASH!!! Nice pile there Hippie. Let me know how you like the Apes ones. I've been curious about them.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 pm

The first one with the Fantastic Four style cover is a one-shot, even thought it came after the mini series. From what I seen of it just looking through it, its going to be decent. At least theres not many of them to the set, so it'll be easy to complete it. rofl
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Had a few comics related bootlegs show up today in the mail.

First up a booty Mexican Hulk.

Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 004-2

And a couple of Super Powers bootlegs. They are supposed to be The Flash and Captain AMerica. It makes me laugh because Captain America wasn't even part of the SP line. Being he's Marvel and all.

Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 0037

Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:53 pm

Cool bootlegs, Paul!

So I finally finished cataloging what I got from the comic auction I attended.

Final tally is 1,081 comics and 6 mini-busts for a total conservative value of $3,884.

With tax and buyer's premiums I paid a total of $494.

Pretty stoked with my haul. I focused on Batman titles, and Superman titles, so I was able to take a huge dent out of my want lists. cheers
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:26 am

Sweet haul Tad. I'd say you really got some bang for your buck.

Now you have to sit down and read every one of those books without stopping. No food, no sleep, AND no pee breaks. Get reading. We'll check in on you once in awhile to make sure you haven't passed out. And if you do we'll get the cattle prod out to give you a boost. Get at it.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Damn nice haul Tad. Plus you did good on the selection too. Nothing beats a nice haul of Batman books.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:29 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Damn nice haul Tad. Plus you did good on the selection too. Nothing beats a nice haul of Batman books.

Except maybe an awesome selection of Hulk books.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Or Millie the Model. lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:19 pm

When it comes to comics, theres no shame in my game. Boo-Ya! lol!

Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 Img_2016

Let the hazing begin. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Awwwwwwww. That's some pretty comic you have there. Make sure to you put tampons on your next grocery list. Laughing geek Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Paul, dont worry, Ill return it back to you when I get done. I know how you are about your romance novels and comics. Hate to have you watch your soaps without them.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:27 pm

SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!! You fucker. Aren't supposed to tell. Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:09 am

Now to make up for my last purchase ( lol! ), got a very nice care package in yesterday from Tad.

Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 Img_2017

Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 Img_2018

Now Im down to 58 more books for the complete storyline. Hope to hell Marvel never does a storyline like this again. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:42 am

Sweeet care package. I like the Spider-Woman cover.

And I thought you hada roof to fix today. :?: Suspect Get to work. indy
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:19 am

Chris_j - sweet pick up of some more fear itself, glad I never started that one Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Mike you better be glad. Theres a total of 149 books for that storyline. Thats why I hope Marvel never does one like that again. Had to get titles I didnt really want to get until much later down the line. Now I have to get them all.

Paul, I got a couple pussies here who said it was too cold to work outside today (not me either Very Happy ). Just cause its 34, winds 20+mph and chill factor in the mid 20s dont mean nothing. Tomorrow its going to be 19 and colder, so we'll be working on it during the week when I get off work.

Todays haul

Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 Img_2019

Secret Avengers and Avengers Acadamy #1's on the 3rd row. 3 more for the Seige story line. and a few others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your comics stuff thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next