The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) Empty
PostSubject: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:40 am

It appears 3 of my packages haven't arrived with the buyers, I am understandably worried they may have been lost (coming up on 4 weeks now) and would like to keep correspondence open with my buyers(and friends!) in the next few weeks.

They key to the puzzle here really is the distance and the service paid for, they were sent from Romania to the US and Australia, none of the three items yet to arrive were sent with tracking as their values (and the buyers wishes to keep the postage costs down) weren't high enough to warrant it, however as a buyer its not nice to wait and wait and nothing arrives (I have been there!)

So if Cejay, Brett or Chris J have their package arrive please can you post here or let me know in PM, the reason for the thread is that I am as worried as you guys and I have nothing to hide on this - the items went out on the 18th August (5 in total with 2 arriving a while back) and if they don't arrive soon I am quite willing to work something out with you guys if we can agree on a cut off period (don't want to start talking refunds if the items arrive next week)

Just wanted to put this out there for their sake and mine!
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:33 pm

admirable gesture there joe!
i'm sure they'll turn up... or at least one of them! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Aww damn. Just when I wanted to start a Watch out thread. lol! Like I told you the other day I know how the postal system is here and that things coming inland from overseas takes a bit longer. I believe they will show up soon. As soon as it does, I'll post here and in PM to you that it did. This is like the time it took over 2 months for a package to arrive from Poland to my house. It arrived safe and sound, so no worries. They will show.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:45 am

I've not given up all hope its just that normally shipping is quite fast from here (I think it once took just a week from here to the USA on a previous item I sent out) and all others never run more than 2 weeks.

I guess in the grand scheme of things 3 weeks isn't the end of the world and I have definitely waited on *TRACKED* items from the states before , RebelChris once sent me a carded figure and the post office told him 6-10 days and that racked up a month in transit, so it can happen!

Thanks for your understanding btw guys, I think for my piece of mind next time I might have a fixed postage cost with tracking even on small items as its not worth all the hassle with delays on cheap postage.
Back to top Go down
Vintage_City
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:25 pm

Joe -- still nothing. Hopefully it will come tomorrow or Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:41 am

Thanks for the update Brett, fingers crossed !
Back to top Go down
Vintage_City
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:53 am

No luck this weekend either.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:58 am

Sent you a PM Brett.

As for Chris and Cejay, if it's possible to check with any holding office/local post office/customs etc just in case its sitting around waiting to get signed for perhaps?

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:32 pm

I went to the PO Friday and they didn't mention anything to me. Usually when I get something in that needs to be signed for, the mail lady leaves a slip in the box letting me know I have something if no one was home. If theres no way of tracking it, its kinda hard to find anything out, I believe. If it don't show up by Friday (most likely my day off again) I'll go and see if I can find out though. I still have faith that they will show up soon.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:42 pm

Thanks Chris, appreciate it mate.

I would at least hope they make it back to me if for some reason they couldn't be delivered..

Hit me up by PM next weekend either way mate, we can talk it over ok ?
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:50 pm

I still think these will turn up and hope they do for Joe's sake and the buyers. Sometime international shipping takes time. My wife had a friend who went to Italy for the summer. She sent her a package and it took a good month to get to her. It is unusual and normally not the case, but it can happen. I also had someone address something wrong to me a year ago and it took about 6 weeks before they got it back and were able to resend to me.

Just thought I would share some of my own personal experiences where international shipping has taken a bit longer than expected. I really think these will show up where all 3 are still missing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi I just want to crime in. As I have had a parcel in transit to the US.

It was a parcel sent the fastest way and off cause I had the track and trace number.

Usually it's 1 day to the country meaning and the parcel was 11 days reaching the goal.

The first scan in the us was 5 days after it's last scan in Denmark.
And after the first scan in the us it was 6 days to get the reviser.

Now joe had mail out the suff with out the track and trace number and not the fastest way. So I could be live that the 3 parcels are some where in a warehouse waiting to make the last distance in there journey.

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 1:12 pm

hansole, I'm thinking the same way you are. The adverts I got from Uli sat in customs in New York for two weeks before they were delivered to me. Like Shawn said, it really depends on the postal system. Sometimes things go quick and then they take forever. Didn't someone say in a thread here or RS that they wait until they have a full load to send the international mail out instead of sending it piece by piece? And Joe, if a package wasn't deliverable, it would come back to you. I had a package coming from the UK recently happen like that that I told you about. Like I said it all depends on the system how fast something gets from point A to point B. Plus with all the hurricanes popping up recently, I think they would wait until the weather was clear enough to send out anything across the pond for safety wise.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:31 am

I got my package from Joe, hopefully everyone else has as well Smile
Back to top Go down
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:16 am

Hi AJ!

Nothing yet but maybe if yours was sent around the same time as mine I may get something too.

All hope is not lost!!

Cheers,

Chris
Back to top Go down
Vintage_City
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:05 am

I have not received mine so Joe and I agreed on a fair refund. If the item shows up, I will reply.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:25 am

Ok so this is odd..

AJ's figure was sent about 2 weeks (or even 3) after the first batch (Brett, Cejay + Chris) and its
just arrived..

Either these 3 got misplaced together or are on the way back to me Neutral

I am glad AJ's arrived but would like them to arrive in the order they were sent so wherever they are I just want them
to filter through to you guys.

If you lose hope Cejay and Chris (although I know you aren't fussed right now) just give me a pm and we can sort something out ok - I am always around Smile

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:38 am

Joe_O wrote:
Ok so this is odd..

Either these 3 got misplaced together or are on the way back to me Neutral

I think this is most likely the case all you need is one idiot in a post office to misplace then for this to happened the fact that all 3 posted together are missing even though they had totally different international destinations suggests the problem / misplacement could have happened at your post office Joe?. Due to the time scales that have passed they will probably end up going back to you at some point i think.

It sucks big time this i have never heard of royal mail or any other post office mislaying / not delivery 3 parcels posted at the same time ever its seems to much of a coincidence and thats why i think the Romanian Post Office is to blame.

I hope this gets sorted positively for everyone.

Joe tell your post office its time to upgrade the horse and cart!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:47 am

I was hoping to see some good news. I would have to agree with Jay's analysis. It just doesn't add up, that 3 parcels to 3 different locations, that not one of them has shown up yet. Something had to have happened at one of the places that all 3 went to. With how much time that has passed now, I would hope you get them back soon or they actually still get to their recipients.

jaymassive619 wrote:

Joe tell your post office its time to upgrade the horse and cart!

There's been a lot more werewolves this season that they've had to fend off. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:51 am

I'm going to get down there wednesday to post something else out, gonna take the addresses with me and get the lady we know there to have a check on them, its all I can do but it would be awesome to find them somewhere misplaced, late but at least I would know where they are!

Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:58 am

Just want to say- I hope the "Blame" being put on my "horse and cart" postal service isn't going to put people off dealing with me, this is the first time in a lot of deals anything has gone missing and I would lay my reputation on the Romanian postal system being just as good (if not better) than most other countries, just because people may think we live in a straw hut doesn't mean we do Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:11 am

Joe_O wrote:
Just want to say- I hope the "Blame" being put on my "horse and cart" postal service isn't going to put people off dealing with me, this is the first time in a lot of deals anything has gone missing and I would lay my reputation on the Romanian postal system being just as good (if not better) than most other countries, just because people may think we live in a straw hut doesn't mean we do Rolling Eyes

I certainly hope not. One just needs to look at your feedback thread to see that you are an honest seller/buyer. I know I would never hesitate in dealing with you Joe.
Back to top Go down
Vintage_City
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:14 am

Joe_O wrote:

It's not the horse and cart that will put me off, just your annoying enthusiasm and inane joy for all things Star Wars.

Laughing LOL

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Joe_O wrote:

Dont worry Joe a mistake in the postal system happens to us all at some point the amount of times us vintage collectors use it sooner or later the law of averages catches up bro

I would go speak to the individual you sign them over to in the post office buddy

Jay
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:47 pm

Its not just the Romanian post. I had 2 packages from 2 sellers in Poland that took forever to get here. Sad thing is that I bought some other bootlegs from one of the sellers after I got the first ones and they arrived before the others did. But that was around Christmas when they went missing. But as I told Joe several times, it all comes down to how the postal system wants to deal with packages. Sometimes they want to get them out fast, then at times they could care less if they do. I still believe they will show up soon, just a delay in handling. Camel mail isn't as fast as it use to be. lol! And Joe, I'd deal with you again in a heart beat, so you don't have to worry about that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)   OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT: Cejay, Brett and Chris_J - shipping delay thread (from my FS thread)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next