The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SugarShock72
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? Empty
PostSubject: Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 6:42 pm

It was easy to find out he is a Lily Ledy with several variants such as his pants color is different than the crotch area and the pants color itself. It also has the copyright ©L.F.L missing the last period and has 1980 directly below the L.F.L and those markings are on his right leg while the words Made in on top of Hong Kong on the left leg. That variant is not supposed to be on this colored pants variant making him even stranger. Then completely by accident (I just purchased him 2 days earlier) I decided to look over my latest arrivals. I scanned over them and my eyes stopped like they were stuck and then went back to this Bespin Han. I slowly picked him up with normal lighting from a ceiling fan in the room. I looked closer and went into shock because of his hair was not the color that LL calls brown on both the Bespin Hans and the Bespin Leias. The hair was still as dark as normal but was actually sort of an Easter Purple. Under all lighting sources it is still Purple. I even wrapped my hand around his neck so that there could be no reflection from his jacket. If his head were inspected alone it would obviously be purple. I truly can’t see how this could be called color degradation. It simply appears to have had a little color variation in the original coloring. I am new and am having to learn as I go. Could some one tell me the easiest way to link pictures of him to my posts? I really want to hear your opinions because I have looked at thousands of pics of these and have not found anything to match him. He seems to be a variant of a variant of yet another variant. Any comments and especially advice about the pics would be enormously appreciated. Everyone was new here at some point is why I ask for the help. THANKS FOR THE HELP WITHE PICS. SCROLL DOWN TO SEE JUST A FEW OF THE PICS I HAVE. I have asked numerous people (before telling them what I thought) what color his hair is and did it in every kind of lighting and every single one has said it is very obviously PURPLE. One person described it as a darker version of an Easter Purple. Keep checking for more updates as I continue this quest.

Last edited by SugarShock72 on Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 2:57 pm

Welcome to the forum welcome

Try this thread on a few ways of how to post pictures: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t8415-posting-photos-to-the-forum-and-other-useful-topics
Back to top Go down
SugarShock72
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? 3b47f510
Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? A8a1a510
Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? Df27c410
Back to top Go down
SugarShock72
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 5:19 pm

I finally figured out how to start putting pics on here. I have others if anyone wants to see them. So now that you can see his hair. What color is it? It’s even more obvious in person. This one is a variant of a variant of a third variant with the hair making it 4 variants aligned in an unpublished sequence until now.
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 7:35 am

Hello sugarshock, welcome to the forum. I'm no Ledy expert but i'm going to try to help you anyway Very Happy . Start with a question,can you point out the coo of your figure using this page please?  Variant Villain Han Bespin
Back to top Go down
SugarShock72
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: The variant COO and Copyright of this figure   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 1:48 am

It has a Variant COO, date and Copyright. I can post a pic but I hate that because I’m new. It has them on the wrong legs and in a weird order. The right leg has the copyright C L.F.L (no last period) with 1980 below it. The left leg has Made in with Hong Kong below. I know this specific Bespin Han has at least 16 variants of the body followed by at least 9 variants on their copyright and COO patterns. I even found and just purchased another “brother” of this body that has 2 different color legs but has the identical copyright COO variant. With the new one having the 2 different leg colors make him another variant? The new one has the color hair that I have found only on these specific Bespin Hans and was also used on a rare variant of a very early released Lili Ledy Bespin Leia that has the COO as Hong Kong as well. The color was referred to as brown but it looks nothing like actual brown. Simple logic points to both being made from the same factory at the same time. Now with knowing that only LL used that original color makes me lean to these being LL Bespin Hans and the purple headed one is not from paint degradation but rather a inconsistent paint color derived from improperly and incompleted mixture of the paint prior to its application on to my purple haired Han. Think about a gallon of house paint. If it sits for a while it will need to be mixed because the paint is no longer consistent in its coloration throughout the whole can and to different degrees depending on where exactly you check the color at each of thousands of locations in the can. If this were to occur to the slightest degree in the vat of paint at the manufacturer then this purple hair is the actual color that was applied. I also have not found even a hint of the intended color having any paint degradation from both the Hans and Leias that they used this color on. Sorry this was so long but it explains both my reason to think it is a LL but also a factory screw up and not paint degradation to produce a true purple haired Bespin Han.Is there anywhere to send it to have the truth about the hair explained? Thanks for any help you may have.
Back to top Go down
SugarShock72
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2020 3:40 pm

Sorry I’m shelf blind and didn’t see your reference to the LL Variant Villain. If you will look at the Bespin Leias and see the color hair of the one on the left with the gold around her collar. You will also find that color on some of the Bespin Hans floating around. Both are listed as L.F.L. 1980 made in Hong Kong. Are there any other times where another manufacturer used that color on any figures and is that color known to have paint degradation? That LL Leia proves that they both should have been made at the same place around the same time. If I am incorrect about that then why are the only ones I can find with that color hair always have LFL 1980 MIHK. I have actually found him listed on The Star Wars Toy Collection website under the page for the variants of the LL Bespin Hans. It is listed as body variant 11 with coo variant 8. My particular one should have what they refer to as brown hair which is shown on some of the other variants on that page. You will notice it is the same color used on the early released Bespin Leia shown on LL Variant Villain page. This crazy figure has to be an LL but I can’t find a photo of this variant body with this variant COO & Copyright that has the “Brown” hair listed on 2 LL sites showing it on both identically marked Bespin Leia and Bespin Han. I can’t imagine that I have found a triple variant that has been around for 40 years without anyone else seeing it but I can’t find the hair variant listed with the other 2 variants anywhere. At this point I am exhausted and sick of looking for this apparent needle in the LL haystack. Out of all that I have said I still haven’t dealt with his purple hair instead of the “brown” that it should have been. I’m going to call AFA for advice on who to send it to in order to prove it is not color degradation. If anyone knows where to send him I beg you to please tell me.
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2020 6:50 am

Very Happy  more questions...

Looking at the variant Villain page would you say the coo on your figure is a minor variation on the family II coo?

Can you provide a link to The Star Wars Toy Collection website you refer to,i've tried to google it but can't find it anywhere.

Which 2 LL sites show the "Brown" hair on both identically marked Bespin Leia and Bespin Han?

In order to better understand what you mean it is important we both have the same reference pages so i can see what you mean.
Back to top Go down
SugarShock72
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Sorry for the delay responding   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 8:43 pm

I saw your questions when you posted them but I have been so sick that I have been unable to respond because it takes such a massive amount of very specific info to explain things. I even now have proof of either a manufacturing mistake that went into production and distribution or a super weird variant with 2 different color legs. I’ll be back in touch as soon as I am medically able. Thank you for your patience.
Back to top Go down
SugarShock72
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Need pic help again PLEASE!!! Orangpendek   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 9:42 pm

I’ve got a draft waiting that answers everything you have asked me but I’m trying to put pics of multiple variants of this and I just went to the bottom and was adding them as files like I did before to put the pics on there but now it won’t let me do anything. How exactly do you personally add pics to posts. I only ask because every way that is listed to put them on has rejected them in one way or another. I’ve already mentioned the thing at the bottom failing after it worked once for me and I can’t make my own gallery to use because it says it is out of memory room. So please tell me what to do. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Back to top Go down
SugarShock72
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Here is the rest of that info for you orangpendek   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 5:57 am

To answer your question about does their COO and Copyright MIHK look like a very close copy of the LiliLedy listed on  Variant Villain the answer is ABSOLUTELY. Using Variant Villain and look at the Copyright and date on the left Bespin Han you will notice it has on its right leg (which is never seen except for the LL versions) and has nothing on the left leg. All of the versions that I have all have it identically on their right legs but is completed with the COO on the left. Just for reference, these are the only ones that have the copyright and coo in those exact positions which is backwards from all of the other kinds making it appear to be a very LL type of issue. At the moment I have 4 of these same body styles that are all variants of each other. I’m looking for the 5th one to show thread brown haired variant of these. I have 1 with the green pants and the dark purplish brown hair,1 with 1green leg on the right and one of the brown legs on the left on the right again with the same hair, 3rd is another 2 different legged one with the green leg on the right and another color brown leg with the greenish tint on the left same hair, 4th is the same body style with another color brown on both legs and has true black hair. The COO and copyright and the L.F.L (no last period) on all of these are the identical backwards version that I already spoke of as a obvious LL variant. Right now let me just finish proving these to be Lili Ledy before I explain about the purple hair which I will prove to you after I prove this to be correct. The website that I referred to as Vintage Toy Collection can be looked up by entering pomse2001.dk and it will bring you to the home page. Click the ESB symbol then click number 34 Han Solo(Bespin Outfit). Scroll down to body variant 11 and 16 depending on which color is involved, and has COO variant 8 for everyone of these no matter what other variants are involved for the body. I finally got the pics thing figured but I had to make them a little smaller before it would accept themThe new different legged version has to be looked at carefully in pics but real life is easy to see that they are 2 different color browns. 
Ok now I need to show about the LL Bespin Leias can have this Purply color called “brown” on Variant Villain. On the other website that I found all these odd Bespin Hans listed as LLs only has the Tri-Logo Leias that definitely would not have the matching hair to my Hans. That website seems to be incomplete due to the fact that no one has every variant listed for every figure. I believe like the name of the site says that what he has listed are simply his collection of certain figures from certain companies. Looking around on his site you will occasionally see several different companies variants for a specific figure on the same page proving that he has simply added as many variants from each company that he could collect up until now but it is still being updated regularly. I hope that all made sense. If I ever make things sound odd just ignore it. I’m disabled and a couple years ago I was on a medication for several years and started showing signs of neurological problems that could not be explained. When I had to change to another kind because of tolerance build up, my neurological problems started going away very quickly then we realized all of it was simply a side effect that took a long time to show up(has happened with several of my meds). Unfortunately, it affected my memory and my communication skills so sometimes I will think I am saying one thing but I’m actually saying something else. Sometimes I can’t remember the word for a meaning and other times can’t remember the meaning of a word so talking with me can get kind of crazy. Sorry to have to tell you that but I wanted you to know why I communicate oddly at times.
Attachments
C1C872C8-CF4E-4D12-9A7F-03647809BF8E.jpeg
The Beetles with the left 2 having different colored legs
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(80 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
EE5117A7-CE51-4118-8811-C8DAC7F77F68.jpeg
Beetle butts with the left 2 having different colored legs
(81 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
0AAACA32-DA45-4A08-BD81-C062720B0F5E.jpeg
Right/black hair occasionally called “brown”, Left/Odd Purply hair called “brown”
(61 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
400C7175-1941-4064-A20A-E2C0BCBB4680.jpeg
Both have odd Purply hair named “brown”
(55 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 12:53 pm

I'm going to try to figure out how to post a picture Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? Dsc01210
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 1:13 pm

This is the method i used, before you do this you have to download the picture you want to use to your computer.

1. When you want to add a photo when replying to or making a post click the "HOST AN IMAGE" button.

Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? Tigss010

2. Click the "SELECT FILES" button to locate your photo stored on your computer or device. You can drag and drop or select individually.

Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? Tigss011

3. When your file(s) are selected click either "SEND THE IMAGE" or "SEND ALL"

Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? Tigss012

4. A new window will open. From here you can choose between 3 options.... a link, a large image, or a thumbnail image.

Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? Tigss013

5. Copy the code and paste onto the blank screen area of your post. Or, click on "INSERT ALL" if you want to upload multiple images.  On the ipad I was able to put 20 images in (presumably could have done more) and click insert all and it automatically put them all in the post without me copying or pasting anything.  On the desktop this worked for me only after I typed a message in the reply section. If it does not automatically insert the links for you, you may have to copy them each individually and paste them as before.

Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? Tigss014

6. Finally, hit the "PREVIEW" button below your post to see how your image looks.
The "Preview" shows how your post looks including text and any files. If all is good hit "SEND"

Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? Tigss015
Back to top Go down
SugarShock72
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Adding pics isn’t labeled very well!!!   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 1:32 pm

I just had to keep trying different variations until it actually worked every time. The biggest issue I had was that I had to change the size of the normal pics taken with my iPhone. After that it became a little easier to figure out. That long delay after choosing the pic and it showing up messed me up many times because it took so long that I had moved on to the next try. I can now quickly do it using the file attachment thing at the bottom but next time I will try your way.
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 1:48 pm

I don't know how it works from your phone but if you want to point out details in your pictures it can be usefull to draw some pointy arrows in your pics before you upload them to your post.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2020 11:50 pm

It's not a ledy. This is just basic discoloration in kenner paint. The ledy paint app for han is different so there is 100% no way this came from ledy factory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?   Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bespin Han Solo w/ Purple Hair Variant and other insanity from Lily Ledy?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1