The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle  Empty
PostSubject: Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle    Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi ! I have a Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin with the nice white buckle in its back , this one has COO #4 as in the LL guide ; however, it does not has its ears covered by hair as shown in the COO #3 example. Is this only with COO #3 and not with COO #4? Could it be that initially the hair was done as in the Kenner figures and then later was done covering the ears? Your comments are greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle    Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 2:50 pm

thats a nice rare variant with the back painted buckle . i was always under the impression that the hair should always cover the ears on ledys . i dont own a back painted buckle han just the hk ledy with the front only
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle    Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 11:55 pm

Thanks , I will send it to AFA in the next weeks to authenticate; hopefully they got a reference
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle    Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 10:23 am

I have had multiple han bespin ledy figures and never had one with paint apps not covering the ear. Since a spray mask would have been used to do this, I don't think it would occur that it didn't cover the ears as they only had the one spray mask as far as I'm aware. Are you certain it is a ledy? Are you certain it is factory sonic welded? It is possible that some overstock pieces were custom painted by someone if it is hand glued and shows no sign of welding. This is a less likely thing but possible.
Back to top Go down
rmmhouston
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle    Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 12:35 pm

Agree the hair should cover the ears. I compared it with my infancy Lili Ledy Han Solos last night and it could be that ears are indeed covered and just minor paint difference (given quality control). Sorry I got no pictures to show , will try to upload them from my desktop. The figure is factory sonic welded for sure, no signs of hand glue or any welding alterations. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle    Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili Ledy Han Solo Bespin Back White Buckle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1