The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your comics stuff thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

Your comics stuff thread Empty
PostSubject: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Hey guys.

I've gotten bitten buy the comic book bug lately. Kind of a sideline to the bootleg addiction. Been reading a bunch of my old childhood comics. Gonna have to buy some new and new to me ones soon.

As a kid my favorite comics were usually Marvel titles. With The Incredible Hulk being my favorite character. So of corse being a toy freak I want comic related toys to go along with the books.

One toy that got lost in the shuffle of life that I always missed was a stuffed Hluk I had when I was younger. So off to the Evilbay I went last weekend and found this one pictured below. Have to admit I got a little choked up when I saw it in the mail today.

When I was a kid I was picked on and teased alot and hated to go play with most other kids because of it. So Star Wars, comic books, cartoons, books, and such were my outlet. I think that's why I cling to these things so strongly now.

Lets see you comic collections and comic related collectables here guys. Marvel, DC, EC, etc. etc.

Your comics stuff thread 00111
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Paul why does the Hulk look so constipated?

Man I've got hundreds upons hundreds of comic books in my moms attic. I have to go through them someday
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 9:17 pm

Glad to see he arrived, Paul. I was thinking about starting a thread like this after the talk we had the other day. Good to see a like minded thinker. Very Happy I'll get some of my pride and joys posted up when I dig them out. I know I got a Sub Mariner that was in a big name collectors collection, just cant remember who it was atm. I know the main ones I was telling you about are in comic boxes in the bottom of the closet, so those wont be making an appearance any time soon.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Heres a few I dug out so far. I havent started in on the comics yet.

Your comics stuff thread Img_1723

Your comics stuff thread Img_1724

Your comics stuff thread Img_1725

Your comics stuff thread Img_1726
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Chris those are all pretty sweet. I forgot about the Flying Marvel Superheroes. I had Spidy I think. The bootlegs look pretty awful so therefore really cool.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 5:35 am

Nice idea for a thread Paul, I have loads of 70s/80s comics and use the cool toy adverts found inside them for my blog. Have lots of toy related stuff too but these mostly 90s.

Glad Hulk made it to you - always great to see an old toyline you used to have come back to you via Ebay.

Chris - those Super Powers mocs are just ace!

I'll try and add a few bits to the thread soon, but for now here are a few Marvel/DC vintage ads Smile

Your comics stuff thread Spider10

Your comics stuff thread Pezmar10

Your comics stuff thread The_de10

Your comics stuff thread Spider11

Your comics stuff thread Marvel10

Your comics stuff thread Pif54310
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 10:51 am

Paul, those are some killer ads. I dont remember the jacket one. Which comic did it come from?
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:40 am

Nice idea guys . I'm not a Comic guy . But you know that i love to look at ads and vintage toys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 11:42 am

Paul. Again love the adds. I remember all of them except the one for the jacket. The add with all the DC dinky cars I remember having the Superman jet one with the fists on it. And looking at the add again I see I had the Joker van one, that one may still be here somewhere hmmmmm may have to go on a hunt. And the add for the "Energized Spider Man" really takes me back. I never had the figure but he's one of my holy grails of toys I never had.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Went on a hunt after my last post adn found my Joker Mobile from the add Paul posted. Also found my Hulk Van that has a picture of Ol Jade Jaws in it if you look in the back and aim it at the light. Both are scraped up pretty good but I don't care. And silly as it sounds I'm quite distressed becasue of another car I didn't find while digging. It was a Snoopy Mail Van. I hope it's somewhere or I'll be very unhappy.

Your comics stuff thread 0026
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 12:28 pm

$75 for a jacket?? OMG! My spidey senses are tingling at the price Laughing
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:43 pm

Saw this intro on Family Guy last night. It made me laugh. Love the Incredible Hulk TV show. Found this video on Youtube that compares the two intros.

And Stewie doing the Bill Bixby "Sad Walk"

I love this old show. The funny thing is when I was a kid the only channel I could watch it on was the french language station. So for years I never really knew what the stories were about. I was just pumped to be able to see the Hulk on TV. Drove my cousins crazy where thet'd visit and we'd watch this. I'd be running all over the room imitating the Hulk. I annoyed alot of family while watching cartoon and action TV shows.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Heres a few from my Marvel Superheros. Didnt feel like getting them all off the wall

Your comics stuff thread Img_1728
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Chris- Those are sweet. I'd love to see Deathlock get his own movie. I think he'd translate well to the screen.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Ask and you shall recieve

http://starseeker.com/2011-movies/deathlok-2011/

There was talk of a Deathlok movie coming out this year, but nothing solid on it yet. I read this also in a Wizard comic guide last year where they were talking about doing the movie.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:15 pm

Just a few new ones
Your comics stuff thread Dsc03310
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Nice stuff, Johnny! I have the first Deadpool CGC'ed too but I wanna say it's only a 9.2?

Super cool seeing that and the first Cable in 9.8!

Congrats! cheers
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:58 pm

Those are sweet Johnny. I love the Uncanny Xmen issue. Good story.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 8:02 am

Nice additions everyone.

Paul - I'm glad you managed to find your childhood Jokermobile and Hulk van, great find they're really cool.

Johnny - nice additions with the New Mutants!

Chris - The Superheroes moc are sweet especially the Doc Ock.

Chris_J wrote:
Paul, those are some killer ads. I dont remember the jacket one. Which comic did it come from?

Cheers Chris, that one was not from an actual story comic but from the official Marvel news mag of the time 'Marvel Age' - issue 71 Feb 89.

A few additions from me:

One of my fave comics - I remember buying this as a kid before I even realised who Alice Cooper was -
Your comics stuff thread Marvel13

DC Corgi Batman vehicles -
Your comics stuff thread Dc_cor10

Corgi X-Men vans -
Your comics stuff thread Corgi_10
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:27 am

Paul- I never knew about the Alice comic. I want one. And I still have to get the KISS ones from the 70s.

And the cars are sweet. I guess I like the Corgi cars. It's funny. I'm not a huge DC fan, but I love DC "stuff" like the toys and such. Weird.

And while I'm here and speaking of DC. Does anyone know if there was ever a SGT. Rock figure?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:30 am

Thanks Paul, now I got to hunt down that issue of Marvel Age. I had a bunch of them but sold them off about 10 years ago. That issue of Marvel Premiere is my fav. I want to land #15 first appearence of Iron Fist, but havent found a decent copy yet. And thanks for the shots of the Corgis, something else to hunt down now. I want that Xmen set.

I need to get shots of the rest of the Superhero set taken. I got 15 total plus the mail-away Sears sets

Paul #2, there are Sgt. Rock figures out there. I think theres 4-5 to the set. some up on Ebay now, moc's I'll dig up some more info in a min.

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/s/sgtrock/sgtrock.html

There was talk of a video game in 97, but it didnt go nowhere. Too bad. wouldve loved to see that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt._Rock
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:45 am

Chris_J wrote:
And thanks for the shots of the Corgis, something else to hunt down now. I want that Xmen set.

Chris, I think Corgi also made a vans set for Spider-man and Captain America. Have to check that later.

edit: here we go. I think it's funny how they used such old school vans, makes a change from souped-up dragsters etc lol!

Your comics stuff thread Corgi_11
Your comics stuff thread Corgi_12

kisstour03 wrote:

And while I'm here and speaking of DC. Does anyone know if there was ever a SGT. Rock figure?

Paul here's a link to Sgt Rock on my blog with some cool ads:

http://thevintagetoyadvertiser.com/category/sgt-rock/

Last edited by Artoo_Detour on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:52 am

Paul, so jealous of that pix on the blog page. Had to be one hella Christmas that year. Grayskull and Falcon at the same time. cheers
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Chris thanks for the links. You're my dictionary of toys lately.

Paul- I remember those ads now. I love the one for the SGT. Rock figure. "On The Move In '83" WOW I feel old!!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:08 pm

No probs bud. I think I found my new job, a dictionary in the threads and apprasier in chat. Im gonna start charging you guys for the service. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your comics stuff thread   Your comics stuff thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your comics stuff thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next