The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:06 am

Looking through those pics again is really exciting! Thanks for sharing Steven. I really like the Star Warrio cards and Tad showed a pic of one of his POTF2 bootlegs that was actually some kind of Bend 'Em fig crammed into a bubble. It was cool.

So would we really consider bootlegs that are 21 years old or so "modern"? I think for those who really enjoy bootlegs we could let the POTF2 lines slide into thread...

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen any bootlegs from 2000 to present? I know I've seen some static bootleg clone troops but that is it.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:15 am

Some of the Episode 1 bootlegs were probably made around that time, and there are a few bootlegs from Episode II as well. Bootlegs from Revenge of the Sith era are Ep. II figures in newer Ep. III packaging from what I have.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:22 am

Those are some I'd like to see! I've seen maybe a handful of Episode I bootlegs but didn't know they had any from II & III.

Looking back at your pics I saw the Luke in the Red Imperial Disguise (not sure what he's really called). I had a chance to grab that one recently. Wish I had of now...
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:48 am

Cheers Steven for the link, had no idea there were so many modern bootlegs on moc out there. The Russian cards are just outstanding. I'd be happy just with a cardback! Shame they're so rare to find. I like the Star Warrio and VS cards too.
Dallas - true, some of the 'modern' stuff is almost becoming vintage in its own right now.
What is the hallmark age for an item to be considered vintage? 25 years? Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:04 am

Unfortunately, the Russian cardbacks are more rare than any MOC figures (except a couple figure variants). They were just recently found when a friend of mine was in Russia and made a contact from the old factory. There MIGHT be one cardback still available, the rest have found permanent homes.

I think the term "vintage" is more from a particular era than age. I've heard POTF2 called "neoclassic" before but as time goes by it's hard to tell, I guess it just depends on who you talk to.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:27 am

Wow. I forgot about that thread, thanks Steven. I have to say I like that 8 pack you found. I know you said they were uncommon to find, but have you seen any recent come up for sale? If they arent over the top on price, Id like to get one because of the Fett in it.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Hey fellas. Been awhile since I had a new arrival to post here. One arrived today bounce

My pal Andy Gangafett sent me this really sweet Polish articulated Boba Fett. He's nice and minty. Can a bootleg really ever be called minty :?: . It's my first bootleg Boba.

Thanks Andy. He'll get a special place in the case. He looks all badass and ready to keep the other bootlegs in line.

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 00210-1
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:45 pm

I'd have to agree, that Boba does look minty! His paint apps are so clean.

I love those POTF2 bootlegs, I've got a real soft spot for the POTF2 line because it's what got me back into collecting again after so many years. I just love that card art!
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 9:20 am

Paul, that Fett looks killer, bud. Got me wanting to find some now.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:49 am

ok here goes im a bootleg noob and only focus onn vaders.

finaly completed my 3rd gen vader with a sword thanks to wolff!
here's my question on this vader,is its cape original to this bootleg?
its very very thins and has a more rubbery feel to it than the kenner cape.
im thiking about getting him graded so it needs to be good to not loose money Neutral

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 Imagectmv.th
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 Imagellp.th

next up i believe are 2 mexican vaders on cardback.
the bubbles are stapeld and not glued to the card,is this correct?
also one vader has a cape and weapon sprue,the has nothing is this correct?
im also thinking of getting these graded.

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 Imagehri.th
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 Imagezha.th

thanks for any info on these Wink
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Nice job on the Vaders DLT9. The cape on the Polish looks ok, nothing different than the one I have. The two MOC Mexican/SA Vaders are also both ok. All of these MOC's came stapled and some have capes and weapons, some do not. No rhyme or reason with these... trust me Wink.
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:42 pm

thanks for the info mate cheers
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:05 pm

DLT9 - Nice Vader booties! I agree with Steven. The capes all look good from what I have seen and have in my own possession. The Polish cape should almost feel like a rubbery trash bag if that makes sense.

Just a question as to why you want them graded? Do you question their authenticity? Just asking because grading bootlegs has been a hot topic between some of us collectors. I think the majority feels that a grading authority really lacks the expertise to grade these knowledgeably. But this is a whole other topic...

If you are questioning their authenticity I wouldn't worry about them being fake. All 3 are pretty common.
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Sith Noob - his cape feels rubbery,thin likie those ecological trash baggs Laughing
im thinking to let the polish vader get graded for authentication and presevation because he's loose without packaging....

the mexicans i will leave as is because they will fall under the moc grading fee whitch is to exspensive because i only paid 21€ for them.

i havent deceided yet Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:24 pm

DLT9 wrote:
Sith Noob - his cape feels rubbery,thin likie those ecological trash baggs Laughing

That definitely sounds right for the cape Very Happy

I understand your concerns for preservation. Good luck - it should look really nice displayed with it's weapon!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Everyone else has helped you out with these Vaders. I'm just here to say. SWEET BOOTLEG VADERS!!!!! Welcome to the club. And careful. Many have "bought just so-an-so" and that's the start of this disease. Just a warning. hehehehe
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:26 pm

Finally got my first Unart Vader. Big thanks to Dallas for this beauty!

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 2011-09-12_14-05-13_267
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:30 pm

Awesome Tad! Glad to see it arrived and can't wait to see what spot it will get in the Darthenon (hopefully a good one)!

PM coming too BTW!
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Hey guys - Nothing new to show but check out my classifieds listing for a great chance to get in on some awesome bootlegs!
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Sorry to hear you're selling some of your favorites D. Hope things work out so you're back on the buying end soon.

And hope you and Paul enjoy those Fetts I sent. I had some doubles, so I wanted to share the wealth of Fetts. And I know you guys are hard-core bootaholics Smile

Here's a couple of my newest... but apparently nobody on RS gives a shit. Farkin' mainstreamers...

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 Newest12

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 Newest13

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 Newest14
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Holy Shit Andy! affraid affraid Those are some of the most bad ass Polish 1st Gens I've seen in a long time! Seriously man, those are some super finds! Does that Gunner have a cape on?? And some awesome weapons in the bunch!

I hate that I have to take some time off but hopefully will be back soon after I get some things sorted.
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:32 pm

Thanks D!

Yes, the gunner does have a cape. Its different slightly from my Vader's cape and was found on the figure in the original lot from Poland according to the seller. Either way, it makes him look super bad-ass. And I was VERY fortunate to get some polish 1st gen weapons. They really are cool with the pinks and blues. Love that shit!!
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:00 am

Those are some cool 1st gens Andy, Barada and Prune Face are two of my favorites. I've also never seen a Gunner with a cape before.

What's with the "nobody on RS gives a shit"? Something happen?

Cool updates man Wink
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:17 am

I posted some cool ass shit on the recent aq's thread and 24 hours and not one comment ? Are you kidding me? If it were run of the mill bullshit, ok, not worth a reply, but i posted some cool shit!

Should have posted here first anyway. Maybe I'm just on my man-rag Smile. Uncle Flow's in town Smile
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:26 am

Uncle Flow? Yuk, lol. I just looked at your post and those are some really cool stuff. I dig the Taun Taun proto! I've honestly been to that sticky thread before, probably because I'm always looking for "bootlegs" written somewhere in the limelight section, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next