The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:06 am

Sweet Boots, Andy!! What is that saber that the Vader on the far left is holding? I'm pretty green to bootlegs, but I haven't seen that before. I thought the only accessory that came with Polish Vaders was that weird black sword.

Anyway, sweet shit!

And sorry Uncle Flow is in town. Just eat a carton of ice cream and watch a Gilmore Girls marathon. That will make you feel better. cheers
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:28 am

Andy- That's what I needed to wake me up this morning. Those are sweet. I espically love the Barada with the Sunny D colored head. And I agree the Gunner looks ready to kick some ass with that cape.

And I have to run out to work now. But when I get home I'l check out what you posted on RS and make all kinds of ooooooing noises for you and post my feelings on your stuff. That make you feel better?? Very Happy Surprised

Oh yeah and the silver haired Leia looks spooky.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:31 am

I need to stay out of this thread , I can feel me getting sucked into buying more. Those funky coloured weapons.....
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:03 am

Tad - It's my understanding the First Gen Polish figs came with a weapons bag attached to the cards originally. I've never seen any of these but I'm sure someone has them in their possession somewhere. I'm guessing that's were Andy's came from. And makes it them that much more awesome!

I've got some of the later generation weapons like can be seen here http://theswca.com/images-speci/polishboots/weapons-carded-gen2.jpg, but I've never been able to get any of those early weapons - and have seen very few.
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:19 am

Thanks guys! I'm glad somebody likes the shit!

All the weapons for 1st gens are pretty scarce especially in the wild colors. The black sword for vader was a later gen thing. I would say that the best weapon for a 1st gen vader would be a baton like you see in my leia's and barada's hand. But leia stole vader's so I put a production saber with a broken tip in his hand. Looks cool though! If I could get a pink baton, that would be awesome for him.

Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:23 am

GanjaFett wrote:
Thanks guys! I'm glad somebody likes the shit!

Hah, we love the "shit"! Thanks for clearing up the saber mystery... Had me scratching my head all morning. Oh well, it passes the time at work.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:23 am

Andy- WE LOVE THIS SHIT!!! And we love crap, trash, refuse, junk, garbage, and pudoo. Smile
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Well, you know what they say..."one's man shit is another man's treasure"... or something like that. :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:58 pm

Bah Humbug! Who needs these ugly ass things. lol! Bout time you put up that Polish Joe, Andy. That thing looks killer. All the others do too with those funky neon weapons they're sporting. I checked out the thread on RS and I have to say that the Aurra Sing proto just looks scary as hell in those colors. The Taun Taun looks great.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:38 pm

You guys are awesome. It's good to have friends with the same interests. I got another item today I'll have to show off soon.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:17 am

Andy - some cool bootlegs - with weapons too! The caped Gunner looks like Vaders evil cousin, and the Biker Scout could've just stepped out of Barbarella! Congrats.

Here is my contribution - not vintage but modern, an X Wing knockoff 'Star Force' die cast:

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 Star_f10
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:43 am

Cool diecast Paul! What does "Tampo Printing" mean??

@ Andy - Can't wait to see what else your going to spring on us!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:59 am

Sith Noob wrote:
Cool diecast Paul! What does "Tampo Printing" mean??

!

Thanks Dallas - here's the blurb from one of the companies:

Pad Printing or Tampo Printing
is a versatile, state-of-the-art technology which can print on virtually any material or surface. This system makes it possible to meet the demands of any job, while exceeding the strictest quality standards. Achieve production goals with a printing process that promotes a clean, efficient and cost effective operation.

Seems like you can buy a basic home starter kit for around 600 bucks!

Now we can make our own bootlegs! cheers
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:57 am

Tampo printing (pad printing)?? I'm glad you cleared that up, I thought maybe that's how they printed logos on tampons. lol!
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:12 am

rebojazz wrote:
Tampo printing (pad printing)?? I'm glad you cleared that up, I thought maybe that's how they printed logos on tampons. lol!

My thoughts exactly Steven!

So let's get a group fund going for $600 and I guess we can print whatever the hell we want on any type of surface!
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:26 am

Cool X wing paul. My 2 yr old would love to open that, looks like a fun toy.
Back to top Go down
rubberlike
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
rubberlike

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 2:18 am

GanjaFett wrote:
Sorry to hear you're selling some of your favorites D. Hope things work out so you're back on the buying end soon.

And hope you and Paul enjoy those Fetts I sent. I had some doubles, so I wanted to share the wealth of Fetts. And I know you guys are hard-core bootaholics Smile

Here's a couple of my newest... but apparently nobody on RS gives a shit. Farkin' mainstreamers...

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 Newest12

Your Polish collection is smallish in quantity and expansive in quality. Those weapons are amazing and the condition of the figures is really impressive. I love to see that rare Leia front and center where she belongs. Wink Lots of us could take a lesson in how to build a back-drop from this photo too. Wink

Last edited by rubberlike on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
Back to top Go down
http://wencl.org
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:38 pm

Well here are some remnants of my last purchases for a while. Still waiting for a few more bootleg items to arrive but I'm done buying for awhile. Must resist, unless I get the chance to pick up some more POTF2 mocs on the cheap.

So here are 2 more Russian POTF2 booties to add to my Bossk & Yoda from the line:
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 DSC05661-1

And another Hungarian which I bought awhile ago and have just received. It will be up for sale soon along with the others. PM me if interested... One broken hand and some yellowing but otherwise pretty good shape. Original bootleg weapon.
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 DSC05654-1
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Very nice additions Dallas. The Russian ones look great
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Ohhhhh, the Russian Vader is B.A.!!
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:06 pm

Congats on the Russian pieces Dallas! You now have all 4 known. There are a couple of color variants to look for but they are drastically difficult to find.

Darth Tad-- I have an extra loose Vader w/ saber (w/o cape) if you would like one! Just pm me if interested.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:11 pm

rebojazz wrote:
Congats on the Russian pieces Dallas! You now have all 4 known. There are a couple of color variants to look for but they are drastically difficult to find.

Thanks Steven! I would love to find the brown Bossk but even if I could I wouldn't be able to afford it right now anyway. Guess that's the good thing about being in bootlegs. I'm in it for the long haul.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
rebojazz wrote:

Thanks Steven! I would love to find the brown Bossk but even if I could I wouldn't be able to afford it right now anyway. Guess that's the good thing about being in bootlegs. I'm in it for the long haul.

Brown Bossk?? I know of a green and a orange one unless you know something I don't. The other is a red (pinkish) Chewie.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:20 pm

rebojazz wrote:
Sith Noob wrote:
rebojazz wrote:

Brown Bossk?? I know of a green and a orange one unless you know something I don't. The other is a red (pinkish) Chewie.

Ahh yeah - The green one is what I was thinking of. I've heard some talk of one but have never even seen a pic. The red Chewie is awesome.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
rebojazz wrote:
Sith Noob wrote:
rebojazz wrote:

Ahh yeah - The green one is what I was thinking of. I've heard some talk of one but have never even seen a pic. The red Chewie is awesome.

Damn! I thought I had something to look forward to, lol. Here is the green one:

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 Russian-bossk-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 18 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next