The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD Empty
PostSubject: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 am

Sith_noob inspired me to do this thread...I think it may be of general interest!

I think we should keep it vintage here.

This would minimize the series to (IMO...please drop me a line if you think different)

Turkish:
-UZAY

Polish:
- Hoth Trooper
- Chewbacca
- Original line
- Deluxe Line
- 1st Gen
- unarticulated

Mexican:
- S/A

Brazil:
- Model Trem

Hungarian
- Cisslagok line
- pigned nose line

The thread is for presenting, showing, discussing and informing about vintage bootlegs.

So post any questions you have here. The bootlegers will help you out as good as possible I think!

Last edited by wbobafett on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:07 am

First post Very Happy

I start with presenting the polish black Hothtrooper!

It is a line which only showed of with one character in different colors!

The Hoth Trooper should exists in the following colors:

1. Black (I know about 10 existing pieces...one totally overpainted)
2. Red (I know one existing piece)
3. Yellow (not confirmed to me...I never saw a pic)
4. White (not really confirmed, but Jason Edge found a pair of white legs.)

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=55301

There is only 1 MOC known
http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=78867

I can present now my example (which is #1 in my collection now, because its so damn rare! NOTE: cape and rifle a repro!)
(winged by an YPS Trooper and a Glasslite Trooper)

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD IMG_0434b

- This figure is made of the same material all over IMO. Limbs are made of the same plastic as the torso!
- Mine is UNGLUED. That means you can pull the torso into 2 parts and remove the limbs
- The plastic used is very similar to the pig nosed series from hungaria (vader and yoda). If there is any rubbings the plastic seems to have a skin which you can pull off!
- Its a very light figure...I would say its weights half of a normal hothtrooper
- the mold is pretty the same as kenner! Main differneces are the feet and the hands! Plus the several injection points which you cannot find on a Kenner one!
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:22 am

And how did you become the owner of this Black Beauty if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:26 am

Sith Noob wrote:
And how did you become the owner of this Black Beauty if I may ask?

you need lots of cash and the right connections I would say :I am stupid:

(and of course: the gurus should all be already served Wink )
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:46 am

Cool thread Wolff loving the Black Snow Trooper!!

Whilst i dont have a lot to add here are the bootlegs i own -

3rd Generation Articulated Polish Darth Vader, Unarticulated Polish Vader Polish unused Cardback and Mexican S/A 3 Pack.

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD Jaysvaderbootlegs
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:24 am

These are all great. From what I've read it seems the Mexican/SA and some of the Polish 2nd & 3rd generations are not too hard to come across. Is this correct? I've got to get my hands on at least one of these... A Fett would be nice for my focus.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:45 am

Sith Noob wrote:
These are all great. From what I've read it seems the Mexican/SA and some of the Polish 2nd & 3rd generations are not too hard to come across. Is this correct? I've got to get my hands on at least one of these... A Fett would be nice for my focus.

Im no expert on these!

I think if Im informed correct:

1. MexicanSA were released in the 80s AND the middle n90s (see the card back from Jays one: POTF2). There is nearly no difference between 80s and 90 sfigures!
So no differences in price. There are some really rare colors. So mainly the color makes the price Wink

2. 1st gen and 2./3. gen have differences! High valued are the 1st gens. 2. and 3. gens can be found for 10-25 euros each!

The confusing about these series is the main reason I didnt want them be part of this thread....but bootlegs are bootlegs....so well....

I think you should read following articles abou these:
2nd gens
http://theswca.com/images-speci/polishboots/2nd-gen.html
3rd gens
http://theswca.com/images-speci/polishboots/3rd-gen.html

mexican:
http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=51173
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:13 pm

LOL, I've been reading those for the past hour or so... Good information. If I read correctly the 2nd & 3rd generations were proven to be "legitimate" Polish bootlegs by the cardbacks that were found with the retail price stickers on them. Proof that they were mass produced for retail sale. Someone correct me if I misunderstood this...
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:30 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
LOL, I've been reading those for the past hour or so... Good information. If I read correctly the 2nd & 3rd generations were proven to be "legitimate" Polish bootlegs by the cardbacks that were found with the retail price stickers on them. Proof that they were mass produced for retail sale. Someone correct me if I misunderstood this...
the question still is....for which market were they produced?

a) for the collectors (beacuse a buisness man found /or still had the molds) -->which would made them customs
b) for the kids and consumers because the ep1 film was near! -->which would made them bootlegs

IMO...and this is really a personal opinion....its wether a nor b! I just think someone thaozught these could sell and produced them again!

And also IMO these are not vintage bootlegs to me. They appeared in the 90s and the intend was not to make a unlicensed star wars toy for kids in a place were lincesend products werent possible! So these are out of my radar....I have no interest because of this reason to collect them!

But they can be fun for sure.....especially if you pay them correct (low valued) Wink
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:46 pm

Lets start off with something special: the molds used to make the Uzay figures: I still need to take pics and upload them of the 3 molds that I didn't have(but now do) when these pics were taken...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/sets/72157602267424278/

Here are some Mexican figures: SOME are Mex/SA, others belong to different Mexican lines, or are one offs with no other figures that match them known:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/sets/72157602267424684/
More of the same:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/sets/72157602267421928/

Here are some Mex/SA figs,as well as ending with some of my Polish dispay.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/sets/72157606392930806/

Here are some more Polish pieces:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/sets/72157602273794507/

Hungarian MOC and store display set:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/sets/72157602273793847/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/1488526118/in/set-72157602273796203/

And my Uzay MOC set,before I added my loose set and mini rigs to the display
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/1488474514/in/set-72157602267421022/

Cheers
Joe

PS the carded 2nd and 3rd gens that have shown up do show that they were made for the retail market, not for the collector market. IF they were made for the collector market a LOT more of them would have survived and surfaced by now.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Where's the jaw drop emoticon.... here it is! jawdrop

Holy crap Joe! Those are amazing! I don't even know where to start, but I think you can't comment on any of them without mentioning the molds. Talk about insanely rare! Wow!

I know you haven't done a limelight in awhile, but man, I am dying to see the collection room!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Joseph_Y wrote:
Lets start off with something special: the molds used to make the Uzay figures: I still need to take pics and upload them of the 3 molds that I didn't have(but now do) when these pics were taken...

steeling the emotions for my black trooper...do ya?

Yes you do! Sad Sad Sad

can anybody in the whole while world ever compete with this joe??? No...I dont think so!

bow bow bow bow bow

Now let me drool again over those pics!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:24 pm

OMG:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/1487669915/in/set-72157602273794507/#/photos/coffin_joe/1487669915/in/set-72157602273794507/lightbox/

ahhhh---hahahahahahha-----you also have the red one

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD Poff THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD Poff THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD Poff

Last edited by wbobafett on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:25 pm

OMG...part2:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/1487656367/in/set-72157602273794507/#/photos/coffin_joe/1487656367/in/set-72157602273794507/lightbox/

edit:

have yoo bought one from jason??? I thought he had 2 different lograys!

Last edited by wbobafett on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Shocked Wow Joe! That's amazing! Those molds are great! They look like they've got to be heavy. How do you have those displayed? Do you have any idea to the history of how they were made?

Fantastic photos. Amazed by all the different variants - and that it appears you are the only person to have some of those.

PS the carded 2nd and 3rd gens that have shown up do show that they were made for the retail market, not for the collector market. IF they were made for the collector market a LOT more of them would have survived and surfaced by now.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Wolff - do you say they're not vintage bootlegs because of the time frame they were produced? I guess that would just make them SW bootlegs?
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:17 pm

wbobafett wrote:
OMG...part2:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coffin_joe/1487656367/in/set-72157602273794507/#/photos/coffin_joe/1487656367/in/set-72157602273794507/lightbox/

edit:

have yoo bought one from jason??? I thought he had 2 different lograys!

That pic is a few years old, I've gotten a few more Ewoks since then. I need to take an Ewok Village of the Damned II pic.

J
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:38 pm

wbobafett wrote:

1. MexicanSA were released in the 80s AND the middle n90s (see the card back from Jays one: POTF2). There is nearly no difference between 80s and 90 sfigures!
So no differences in price. There are some really rare colors. So mainly the color makes the price Wink

They were released from the 80s TIL the late 90s.Certian figures and certian versions of figures were only available early on (I'd imagine that the molds got damaged) Certian paint decos help us to date them as to which ones were earlier than others, but no specific dates of release.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:24 pm

thanks for correcting me! as i wrote...Im no expert on these and it was just that what I had in mind from reading through over years (with no real interest Very Happy...I have to admit Smile )

Okay...and when can we have a look on your ewok village?? It must have been very hard to put these all together!

I have a question:
If sellers know you buy every color you are missing....do they sometimes make far to high pricing because they know Joe_Y needs it??

Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:01 pm

wbobafett wrote:
thanks for correcting me! as i wrote...Im no expert on these and it was just that what I had in mind from reading through over years (with no real interest Very Happy...I have to admit Smile )

Okay...and when can we have a look on your ewok village?? It must have been very hard to put these all together!

I have a question:
If sellers know you buy every color you are missing....do they sometimes make far to high pricing because they know Joe_Y needs it??

I'm having some problems with my camera at the moment. Once it's fixed, pics will be taken.

As for sellers trying to take advantage, there are 3 people off the top of my head that go for "every" color imaginable for Mex/SA's and the sellers that we all tend to buy stuff from go high on the rarer stuff,IF we think that one of the sellers is trying to boost us,we compare what the others were offered the item for,but one of us will end up buying them as long as they're not being insane about it.

Same goes for Polish stuff, except probably a few more people that go hardcore for color variants but unless it's something super special I'm not going to pay a "premium" over avg price for a variant, regardless of what the seller asks.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:16 pm

I mainly wondered beacuse when i have a look at your collection I think you must have bought every color varaint as it first popped up...no matter how high it got!

But thanks for the reply....you sem more patient then I thought...(only by the look of your collection of course!)

Are you still searching some polish unarticulated stuff??

Second question would be: Is there apicture existing from a yellow polish hoth trooper??? Or did you saw one in person yet?

The red one is da bomb!!! Is it the only existing example?

Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Wow JoeY! I've been waiting to see some of those Uni Fetts. SOOOOOOO nice! Are you going to do the same with the 1st gens?

Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:36 am

wbobafett wrote:
I mainly wondered beacuse when i have a look at your collection I think you must have bought every color varaint as it first popped up...no matter how high it got!

But thanks for the reply....you sem more patient then I thought...(only by the look of your collection of course!)

Are you still searching some polish unarticulated stuff??

Second question would be: Is there apicture existing from a yellow polish hoth trooper??? Or did you saw one in person yet?

The red one is da bomb!!! Is it the only existing example?

A LOT of the loose Unarts were collected before some of the Polish sources were selling to other US collectors. Back when John A and me were buying huge lots of them, keeping what we wanted and selling thru the rest. There were times when I paid pretty high for color variants,when I could afford to do so, and times when I was able to work the hobby and get mine for almost nothing when all was said and done. I'm still searching for colors I don't have and have spent a decent amount over the past few months buying ones I needed from Jason and other sources. IF I ever get to 25 variants of any unart, I'll stop buying variants of that figure. I'm close on a few.

No pics of the Yellow Hoth trooper have come up, and the Red one that I have is the only known example and yeah it pretty much rocks.

ganjafett wrote:

Wow JoeY! I've been waiting to see some of those Uni Fetts. SOOOOOOO nice! Are you going to do the same with the 1st gens?

That pic is a couple of years old. I've added a few since then. I'll eventually take an updated of all my loose bootleg runs.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:06 am

Thanks Joe for the reply.

So then this is truely the most amazing picture to me: the polish hoth troopers. Its full with one-of-a-kind stuff!

- the MOC
- the cutten cardback
- the red example!

Cheers....congrats again. This is truely amazing. Keep up the hard and good work! For the bootleg collectors storries like the MOC from 2007 are really really fascinating. They give us hope I think. Rare cool and unknown stuff can pop up even today Very Happy Very Happy.

Whats next? A yellow one with alternative card??? LOL....and if so...I hope Joe gets it Wink
Back to top Go down
MartijnEmmelot
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MartijnEmmelot

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:13 am

Great thread Wolff, LOVE that black HST of yours, well done Cool

Always a pleasure to look at your pics, Joe! Looking REALLY forward to see some updated stuff!

To contribute to this thread, here's a little picy I made some time ago of my Model Trem collection. Slightly outdated though, some more weight has been added recently Smile

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD Tremcollection

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD MTcollection

~Martijn
Back to top Go down
http://www.starswar.eu
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:23 pm

Dam Martjin those Terms are awesome!!

I'm gonna have to refrain from looking at this thread to much or ill end been really sucked into the dark side of bootlegs i tell ya!

Jay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 33Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next