The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Sith Noob wrote:
Thanks Andy. It's pretty crazy & fun bunch of bootlegs.

I know we tried to have an ebay user name database to know if we were bidding against each other. I'm sure it's no secret some of Jakubs are up on ebay. Anyone here planning to bid on any of those other than Paul and I? I'm bidding on the unart Nien Nunb and the unart Vader. Anyone else?

I'm not sure I'm bidding on any of them, but if I change my mind, I'll holla at ya. You know me, its Fett or nothing most days. The exception is Hungarian or Uzay. I'm looking to start a set of each, one of these days.
Back to top Go down
rubberlike
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
rubberlike

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 3:24 am

Here is part of my haul from last weekend...

1.) Knock-off cap gun from Spain. It's either 1978 or 1979, I can't tell cuz the card was cut short in the factory. (I am in LOVE with this artwork)
2.) Mexican 7" Luke (and yes, that is the Thunder Cats sword)
3.) Mexican silicon 8-D8 (I've seen a lot of these, but never a lime green 8-d8)
4.) Mexican rubber C-3P0 cast from a Lili Ledy figure. (I almost missed this because it looks very much like a polish unart)
5.) Mexican POTF2 Vader

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 P1040110

enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://wencl.org
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:27 am

Pretty sweet Trevor. I think my favorite is the knockoff capgun. Like you I love the art work on the card. Never heard of a Mexi made off a Polish unart before. Something new learned every day.
Back to top Go down
rubberlike
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
rubberlike

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:51 am

kisstour03 wrote:
Pretty sweet Trevor. I think my favorite is the knockoff capgun. Like you I love the art work on the card. Never heard of a Mexi made off a Polish unart before. Something new learned every day.

Sorry for the confusion. It's cast from a Lili Ledy and has the screw in the back. It just looks a lot like the unart Polish 3PO.
Back to top Go down
http://wencl.org
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:01 am

I spy another jelly 8D8 Cool
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 am

How many colours have you seen Trevor, I know of Blue, Orange and now Green.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:17 pm

rubberlike wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. It's cast from a Lili Ledy and has the screw in the back. It just looks a lot like the unart Polish 3PO.

I'm the one who is confused geek . If I'd read what's in front of me I'd get it right the first time. Somehow I read your first post to say it was cast from a Polish unart. The paint on your figure does make it look like a Polish though. I can see why you'd have to look at it agian. One of my mexi 3POs has the screw cast in as well.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:06 pm

Sweet pick ups Trevor! That ray gun and silicon 8D8 are my favs of the bunch. I need to get my hands on some of those silicon guys.

Here's today's bunch. Third gens. Another variant of Biker Scout and now I have all 3 variants of the TIE pilots. And this crazy Nien Nunb.
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 DSC04323

2 more nice Fett variants. Good colors. The lighter one with the bright green armor really catches the eye.
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 DSC04327
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 DSC04329

And last but definitely not least - gold and blue 2-1B I've been trying to get for months. Special thanks to Paul for hooking this one up. This is one of my favorite Mexi/SA figures.
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 DSC04325
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:41 pm

Nice boots once again Dallas. And what a load of cool shit Trevor! Love the ray gun card and mexi 8d8 and 3PO.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Sweet Dallas. The Numb loos like blue cotton candy. Just give the 2-1B a good home.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Damn Dallas, that Russian Yoda is the bomb yo!! Lol :clap:
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Johnny U wrote:
Damn Dallas, that Russian Yoda is the bomb yo!! Lol :clap:

Thanks buddy. He's pretty interesting to say the least. Has a lot of articulation points for a bootleg.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:24 am

Not vintage but these Kubrick bootlegs are cheesy and cool. The weapons are straight copies of the POTF2 weapons.
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 DSC04352

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 DSC04353

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 DSC04354

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 DSC04355

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 DSC04356
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:44 am

Paul and Dallas, I have to say you two have come a long way with your collections. They are all looking fantastic. Plus landing some rare pieces on top of it. Congrats.

Dallas, are those Kubricks not licensed? I thought they were or did someone make bootlegs of those also?

Trevor, some top knotch additions, buddy. I just seen the latest to the family on RS and have to say I'm blown away. jawdrop To be able to land a grail piece like that has got to be the best feeling of all. Congrats on that and on the next pieces you have lined up.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:50 am

Chris_J wrote:

Dallas, are those Kubricks not licensed? I thought they were or did someone make bootlegs of those also?

Thanks Chris! They're bootlegs. Not real Kubricks. I just used that term to refer to what they are supposed to be. No license anywhere on the box. Made in China by some company called Kamiru??
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:59 am

Killer. Guess I've been away too long. Laughing I never knew anyone made knockoffs of those things. Guess its about time since the real deals go for some mad money.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:05 am

Yeah, the real ones do go for big money. Joe Y actually pointed these out to me when I asked if there were bootleg Legos. There's no date on the box or anything so no telling when they were made. The Star Wars printing on the box is real cheap too. Like a copy of a crappy scan.
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:12 am

Those Kubrick bootlegs are awesome. I had been collecting Kubricks for a while before losing interest in them, but I've always wanted to track down a set of those bootlegs, I think they're cooler than the "real" thing!
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Sweet "Unbricks" Dallas. I've been looking at these since Joe Y told us about them oone night in chat. Still haven't pulled the trigger yet though.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Very cool those Kubrick bootlegs!!!
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Here's my two latest pickups. They got here some friging fast. Considering I bought them on Thursday.
Can't get enough of these bootleg things.

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 0012-2
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:52 pm

JesseVader08 wrote:
Those Kubrick bootlegs are awesome. I had been collecting Kubricks for a while before losing interest in them, but I've always wanted to track down a set of those bootlegs, I think they're cooler than the "real" thing!

Try searching for "non kubrick" or "not kubrick". Took me a while to track some down and even then there were only 2 listings.

Paul - Nice Mexican/SA. The white TIE Pilot has a nice touch with just the blue accents.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Here it is fella's. After many patient months I got lucky with one. My first Polish Deluxe Gammy Guard. He had a lot of "vintage" gunk and mess on his head that I was able to carefully clean away with a soft toothbrush. Even cleaned up his eyes were they had been painted over all white to reveal it's original eye paint!

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 DSC04385
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:17 pm

That is one sexy, sexy, slice of bootleg hotness.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Very nice! Congrats on the Gammy Guard Dallas! You seem to be hopping into the bootleg field pretty quickly. Looking forward to future pics Wink.

And a couple sweet additions to you too, Paul. I always enjoy new Mexican/SA purchases.

I have a few new Mexican/SA's waiting at the post office now, I'll post some pics in a couple days Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next