The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Joe you should have a bootleg to go along with each Tri card.

Oh and I see a slight vein at the top of the IG card buy the peg hole. You should turf it. I know where you can throw it out to. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:57 pm

I love royal guard, it looks really cool next to the trilogo one Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:07 pm

AHHHHH! Finally some new additions for me. They are coming harder and harder to come across now that my collection is progressing into the high $$ items.

Anyway, 3 exciting (and super awesome) Polish Unarts. If I could only get the Hoth Rebel now my collection would be complete... Almost. There are some others.
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 DSC05370

And this Mexi/SA
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 DSC05380
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Dallas Hoser,

The Unarts are sweet. But HOLY CRAP DAMN WOW!!!!!!! I love that Mexi 3PO. Bastard, again you get a silver 3PO before I do. Sweet pickups. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:14 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
Dallas Hoser,

The Unarts are sweet. But HOLY CRAP DAMN WOW!!!!!!! I love that Mexi 3PO. Bastard, again you get a silver 3PO before I do. Sweet pickups. Congrats.

Heh Heh Heh... Yes! And you would cry if I told you what I got it for. So I wont Evil or Very Mad Seriously though, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 9:53 pm

Great unarts Dallas. What in the world happened to poor Leia? Looks like she either has a bad sunburn or rolled around in a tomato patch. Looks great though. Most of the paint still there is a bonus.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Hah, yeah - she's pretty jacked up. I think she's just blushing because she started her period all over her white gown.

I've got her blue twin. Just couldn't resist having the pair. Broke my new rule of only one variant per unart (and again with another Commando).

She looks even worse than the other. Frostbite from Hoth I guess.

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 DSC03697-1
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:50 pm

Might as well forget a rule, bud. Once you start you cant quit because the next one you see one it will be like "Wow! That color looks great. It'll go good with the others.". lol! That started to happen to me, those pretty colors had an effect going on. Laughing
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:24 pm

Nice stuff Dallas. I like the 3PO as well. It did go cheap. And way to go on almost completing an Unart set.

AA
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:44 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Great unarts Dallas. What in the world happened to poor Leia? Looks like she either has a bad sunburn or rolled around in a tomato patch. Looks great though. Most of the paint still there is a bonus.

That's funny, I was thinking the same thing. Except I was leaning more towards Burn Victim/Cheeto Accident Leia.

Cool pickups Dallas!!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:55 am

Nice finds! I love that c3po he looks drugged and like he need to shave his chest hairs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:09 am

GanjaFett wrote:
Nice stuff Dallas. I like the 3PO as well. It did go cheap. And way to go on almost completing an Unart set.

AA

Thanks Andy. As it turns out I still need 2 (not counting Ewoks). The Hoth Rebel and an AT ST driver. I've haven't seen many for sale and when they have been they've been a part of a lot that I cannot afford. I have a headless Hoth Rebel but thats no good...

Chris - My rule is a recent one and yes, it was quickly broken. I started to trade and sell of my duplicates but i still have several of some figures. 3PO in gold and silver, multi colored troopers, Vaders with different color sabers, etc...

I really need to stick to finding those last 2 and then building up a fund for the Ewoks when they may become available. If I could only stop being tempted by all the pretty colors :buzzing: And stop buying Joes in between bootlegs, lol.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Funny. I'm just the opposite. A complete set isn't a priority and I want all the colors I can get of any figure. Espically Chewie for some reason. Different strokes for different folks.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Paul, I was the same way at first, but seen where it was taking me and made myself stop. It can get out of control fast.
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:58 am

I just wanted to say there's some great additions here! Those Leias are simply awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:33 am

JesseVader08 wrote:
I just wanted to say there's some great additions here! Those Leias are simply awesome.

Thanks Jesse! The crazier the better in my book!
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:58 pm

Wow, this thread has almost fallen off the page! Here's my latest bootleg additions:

First up - Polish Deluxe AT AT Driver and a new Polish Fett variant for me thanks to the GanjaFett man. Thanks Andy!

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 DSC05585

And next - not quite vintage but i can't resist posting these goofy looking POTF2 bootlegs:

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 DSC05568
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 DSC05572
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 DSC05573
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 DSC05576

I dig how they all have the same cardbacks, complete with "made in China" printed on them.
THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 DSC05579
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Nice Dallas. i love the way all the POTF2 boots all have the same expression on their faces.

I hope to have some new additions to show soonly too.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:52 am

Cool stuff Dallas! Found your way into the POTF2 bootlegs, eh? It's another area of bootleg collecting that has many variants of the same character and even the same cardback that many people don't realize. I wish Wattoswarehouse website was still up and running cause he had many samples of these things. I really haven't been buying these for years with the exception of a couple rare ones on 3PO cards and Han Endor cards.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:18 am

Thanks Steven! I started to find my appeal for them after I picked up my pink Bossk and when I saw you POTF2 limelight. I saw all the variety that can be found and I love the goofy ass expressions and bad paint colors. It looks like a fun part of bootleg collecting that shouldn't break the bank. Ironically though it seems harder to find these than vintage bootlegs.

What can you tell me about the cardback on these? Is it the same on all of the orange cards? How about the green cards? Do they have different backs?
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:06 am

Sith Noob wrote:
What can you tell me about the cardback on these? Is it the same on all of the orange cards? How about the green cards? Do they have different backs?

Yea, this is why I wish the Watoowarehouse site was still around, it gave samples of each card and cardback design. For the most part each of the different photo cards have a different cardback. It's kind of hard to explain without showing you samples cause basically many of the photos on the back were simply croped and pasted. Even the ornage cards are each different (except the 3PO cards are the same as Luke Jedi I believe). The others, Han Endor, Luke Farmboy, Luke X-Wing and Luke Dagobah all have different cardback designs. Luke Dagobah is actually a different size. I have archived pages from that website, I'll see if I can send them to you.

Many of these ARE very hard to find. Some like the Han Endor and Luke X-Wing cards, I've only seen a small handful around. The good news is if you can find them they are pretty cheap for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:22 am

Thanks Steven. Interesting information. Too bad it seems that there is very little info available on these after doing some quick searching. Sounds like a nice little challenge I may have on my hands.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 11:14 am

Sweet pick ups Dallas. Those MOCs are just cool as hell. I was going to start picking some up before because they are so ugly, but passed on them.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:35 am

Dallas - those POTF2 bootlegs are so cool! Completely goofy but looking great on their cards. I had a quick look on the bay for some but could only see a Leia. Nice additions man.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:48 am

Don't mean to turn this into a modern discussion, however, here is a link to my old POTF2 limelight on RS. This was a couple years ago, but I did recently update my Russian line just recently. I still have a lot that isn't even pictured here but It's a start for those who wish to see the variety. Enjoy!

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2430226&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD   THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE VINTAGE BOOTLEG THREAD

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next